Author Topic: [IC] DSS All Hallows' Eve | SP Doubleshot DSS | GB Starts October 1st!  (Read 8056 times)

Offline TheBlackHammer

IC FORM LIVE!!! Please fill out the form HERE!

DSS All Hallows’ Eve is a pick your own kitting style doubleshot DSS (scuplted) ABS set from SP inspired by the many childhood memories I had growing up during Halloween. The set uses the popular trashcon modifiers as well as a uniquely designed set of novelties.

This set will be using stock Signature Plastics colors:
Cream (WCK) alphas/mods
Black (NN) legends/accents
Orange, Blue, and YCA (OAS, BBQ, & YCA) novelties/accents

Allow me to elaborate on the inspiration of this set. As a kid, Halloween was always an escape. An escape to a world of fantasy where ghosts and ghouls existed and roamed free. Think Scooby-doo Ghoul School type of situation. Halloween was, and still is, the one holiday where all problems no matter the magnitude disappear and you get to enjoy time with friends and family. Not to mention all the free candy! I wanted to create a set that shared this happiness in a creative and playful manner. The set also draws inspirations from my other expensive hobby, sneakers. Some of the colors for this set, mainly the blue, come from the OFF WHITE Nike All Hallows' Eve blazer. The set and the shoe also share a name for their striking similarities!

This set was kitted for cost effectiveness, prioritizing physical compatibility for many popular small boards from Preonic to Minivan and even larger boards like the Sinne to the U80. The varied kitting options allows for a unique customization making the set very personalized. The goal is to support the keyboards I found myself using daily made by the wonderful people of the 40% community as well as the larger community while also bringing fun and exciting accents and novelties.

Alphas kit

TKL Kit.

40s kit

Accents kit(Small error, 2.25u enter are supposed to be R3)

Novelties kit (Yes, they glow in the dark)

Spacebar kit

Numpad kit

TFGH kit

Link to the KLE!

DSS All Hallows’ Eve will be running thanks to the wonderful Knoblesseoblige over at Store.Aeternus.co!

Group buy will take place October 1st - October 31st!

ETA: Under about five months, so expect this set to be in your hands Q2 2022!

BaseKit by Knoblesseoblige

V4N4G0N by Trashman

U80 by Rama

Sinne by BlindAssassin

Nemui by Bachoo

Everyone in the 40% community! You're a wonderful community full of makers and creators that continue to keep my interest in this hobby alive. Consider joining the 40% discord and joining the IC channel for this set! Consider joining the discord here!
Knoblesseoblige and his team for dealing with my endless concerns and being super supportive of this project.
OneCreativeMind for being the most amazing individual and all his help with the novelties, the unannounced desk mats, and the other collab in the works!
Pogos for the color ideas and inspiration for the set.
Everyone who gave input to this project. Thanks!

« Last Edit: Tue, 31 August 2021, 21:15:37 by TheBlackHammer »

Offline TheBlackHammer

Re: [IC] DSS All Hallows' Eve | SP Doubleshot DSA | GB Starts October 1st!
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 09:20:54 »
Reserved

Offline AeternusCo

Re: [IC] DSS All Hallows' Eve | SP Doubleshot DSA | GB Starts October 1st!
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 09:24:33 »
GITD so... lit  :blank:

Offline Finite

• peer pressured into mk hobby, pls send help
Re: [IC] DSS All Hallows' Eve | SP Doubleshot DSS | GB Starts October 1st!
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 09:28:26 »
Those deskmats looking cute af. I might need to grab both.

Offline brillwill

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 09:29:42 »
This looks fantastic. Time for spooky season! Love the colors and GITD. DSS is an underrated profile.

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 09:37:05 »
wow there's a lot to take in here
1. Finally nice to see GITD being used
2. ne Terminal ISO avail?
3. Which bars are convex and which are concave? I'm not sure how accurate the KLE is

Offline dingusxmcgee

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 09:39:28 »
Nice

Offline Lfgberg

• Lfgberg.org
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 09:39:52 »
Tbh never disappoints, this looks sick

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 09:45:54 »
I like it, should be able to join!

Sent from my Surface Duo using Tapatalk

Offline nFaiz

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 09:49:03 »
base kit compatibility  :thumb:

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 09:51:04 »
this set is boooooo-tiful

Offline ocm

• Formerly OneCreativeMind
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 09:57:15 »
TBH & Pogos don't miss, very cute

Offline Bub

• big bub's beepers
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 09:57:40 »
everything here is well done, but i dont get how cream + teal is attached to the theme.

regardless GLWIC. glow in the dark keys are lit (lol). you 40s guys make some cool stuff.

i love halloween

Offline dallman5

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 10:00:19 »
everything here is well done, but i dont get how cream + teal is attached to the theme.

regardless GLWIC. glow in the dark keys are lit (lol). you 40s guys make some cool stuff.

i love halloween

agreed, without the novelties i would have thought this was a portal themed keyset
LF: OG Cherry APL (lasered), Artisans

Current collection:
More
Norbatouch (Galaxy Blue) | Mira SE (Lunar Grey, WKL) | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300BN) | Noxary X60 (Grey, HHKB) | KBDFans 5 Degree (Silver) | AEK64 (Grey) | Norbaforce (Tactical Black, WKL)) | Realforce 86U (White) | TGR 910 RE (Polycarbonate) | LZ-SQ (Black) | LZ-CLS (Grey, WKL) | Duck Orion v1 (Silver, WK)) | Nissho KB106DE | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300B) | LZ CLS-S (Blue, Poker) | Realforce 87U 10th Anniversary) | Realforce 104UK | TGR Alice (Grey on Pink) | Singa (Blue, WKL)  | Quantrik QXP (Blue Grey, WKL) | LZ-GH v2 (Black, WK) | KMAC Happy (Red, Poker)) | IBM Model M SSK (APL) | TGR 910 SE (Pink on Blue) | GSKT-00 (Silver, Poker) | OTD Koala (Silver, WKL) | Realforce R2 PFU Edition (Ivory) | IBM 3279 Beamspring (APL) | TGR Tris (Blue) | LZ-GH v2 (Blue, WKL)) | TGR Jane v2 (Blue-grey, WKL) | LZ-MP (Shine Grey, WKL)  | TGR x Singa Unikorn (Purple) | Justsystems x Realforce 108UG) | IBM Model F Unsaver (APL) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Multicolor, WKL) | Realforce 87U (Blank Black) | Lin Montage (Light Blue, WKL) | GSKT-00 AEK R2 (Grey, HHKB) | Leopold FC660C (Blank Black) | Duck Viper v3 (Grey on Black) | Rama Works M6-C RWxRW | LZ-GH v1 (Black, WKL) | Gok 7v (Grey) | biso x beaming Kei (SS, HHKB) | zacheadams x bisoromi little z | Matrix Noah (Silver/Grey, WKL) | Lin Whale (Pink, WKL) | TGR Alice (Polycarbonate) | Rama Kara (Noct) | Lin Whale75 (Burgundy, F13) | Realforce 89 (Ivory) | Hand Engineering Haus (Bluegrey) | Haytco CAKE60_R1 (Pantone 4167C) | LZ-XE (Grey, WKL) | Noxary X60 V2 (Grey, WK) | Daji Ochocuatro (Grey, WKL) | HHKB Hybird Type-S 25th Anniversary (Snow) | LZ-REs (Grey, WKL) | Matrix 8xv 3.0 (Blue-Black/Deep Grey, WKL) | Realforce 23UB | Biso RS60 (Black, WK) | TGR x MXF Koala (Grey/Black, WKL)

Italics = Incoming, Black = Gone

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 10:05:02 »
agree on poor naming choice, i thought this was gonna be orange with black legends or vice versa

it's a nice set i just have no idea why it has this name

also full icon mods feels like a weird choice to me
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline TheBlackHammer

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 10:11:51 »

i love halloween

i love halloween

agreed, without the novelties i would have thought this was a portal themed keyset

agree on poor naming choice, i thought this was gonna be orange with black legends or vice versa

You all bring up a good point, that is one part I forgot to mention in the IC. Aside from drawing inspiration from Halloween and the fun colorful costumes. The set also draws inspiration from the Nike Blazer that shares the same name. The Off White All Hallows' Eve Blazer. https://imgur.com/a/x6r67eE
UPDATE: I edited the post to highlight the other inspirations of the set in a effort to better emphasize the theme.
« Last Edit: Tue, 31 August 2021, 10:22:00 by TheBlackHammer »

Offline brillwill

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 10:16:08 »
The teal likely comes from the sneaker colorway that loosely inspired this set. I think the teal is a really nice accent and a fun new color for a classic holiday. It think this set works with and without the theming/novelties, TBH designed the base alpha and mods to be a low cost of entry “cream on black” in the SP DSS profile.

Offline TheBlackHammer

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 10:17:15 »
The teal likely comes from the sneaker colorway that loosely inspired this set. I think the teal is a really nice accent and a fun new color for a classic holiday. It think this set works with and without the theming/novelties, TBH designed the base alpha and mods to be a low cost of entry “cream on black” in the SP DSS profile.

This exactly! Thanks

Offline ad4m

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 11:21:28 »
i dont really think this looks like anything related to halloween without the accents and GITD caps (which are btw ultra cool). if you showed me some of the renders i would guess its just some bow set with accents.

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 11:45:22 »
NOICE

Offline TheBlackHammer

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 11:51:50 »
i dont really think this looks like anything related to halloween without the accents and GITD caps (which are btw ultra cool). if you showed me some of the renders i would guess its just some bow set with accents.

The set is ideally meant to be used with the accents and novelties, however, I didn't want to force them on people who just wanted a black on cream set or those that just wanted to use a specific color. The set really has soo many diverse options allowing the person to have whatever them they want!

Offline Rumblethumps

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 11:55:37 »
The colors match the shoe inspiration really well, and the glow in the dark keys are pretty sweet, but the keys themselves don't really make me think of Halloween. I'm IN for those deskmats though, lmao

Offline warhopper

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 12:35:16 »
Love all the options here, look forward to getting those GITD caps!

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 12:44:05 »
I'm pretty "take it or leave it on the set" (DSS isn't my profile of choice), but that daskmat is sweet
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline factoryofidols

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 01 September 2021, 00:25:24 »
Great name, really fits the theme of the set perfectly. Cant wait to buy two of every set.

Offline TheBlackHammer

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 02 September 2021, 22:29:27 »
Great name, really fits the theme of the set perfectly. Cant wait to buy two of every set.

Thank you for all the support! really happy with out the set came out. Can't wait to show everyone the updates.

Offline chaoskills08

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 02 September 2021, 22:30:54 »
Super excited for this set! Really happy to see a Halloween theme that deviates from the classic orange and black combo, but is still representative of Halloween. This set looks so dang cute and I love the glow in the dark option! Great set, can't wait!

Offline TheBlackHammer

« Reply #27 on: Sun, 05 September 2021, 22:22:23 »
Super excited for this set! Really happy to see a Halloween theme that deviates from the classic orange and black combo, but is still representative of Halloween. This set looks so dang cute and I love the glow in the dark option! Great set, can't wait!

Thanks for the support, I am really happy how this came out. It allows for soo many unique options from very colorful to very muted. can't wait for everyone to get their hands on it!

Offline afterwit

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 08 September 2021, 06:57:23 »
really excited for a spooky set that isn't just orange on black, love this warm color palette, and it's DSS.  Def gonna be an instant buy for me.

Quick question tho: the base kit renders seem to have some of the alt keys being GITD with teal - was this just to show the glow effect tinting the black legends and were these keys changed in the final kitting?  Looks like the haunted house keys are teal and orange now, guessing that was changed.

Offline opsecpanda

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 10 September 2021, 07:33:15 »
I just wanna say I'm excited for this set. That is all.

Offline TheBlackHammer

« Reply #30 on: Sun, 12 September 2021, 16:44:17 »
really excited for a spooky set that isn't just orange on black, love this warm color palette, and it's DSS.  Def gonna be an instant buy for me.

Quick question tho: the base kit renders seem to have some of the alt keys being GITD with teal - was this just to show the glow effect tinting the black legends and were these keys changed in the final kitting?  Looks like the haunted house keys are teal and orange now, guessing that was changed.

Hi! thanks for point that out. It was actually a mistake in the render. The haunted house keys are teal and orange.

Offline warhopper

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 08 October 2021, 12:05:56 »
Wooh, finally live. Great pricing and kitting. Got to double dip, did a 40 and TKL kit so I can full use of the novelties and accents. Great job on this guys!

« Reply #32 on: Sat, 16 October 2021, 18:42:04 »
Do you have any updates on DSS Handwork? Been pretty quiet on that front.