Author Topic: Electoral Objection.  (Read 9066 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Electoral Objection.
« on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 12:30:19 »
If THEY KNOW that it can't work, what's the delay for ?   Why not just go home and play Vidya...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: Electoral Objection.
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 12:43:17 »
christ, they' really gonna talk this out..  why do we pay these guys to waste time like this..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 13:37:09 »
Looking at the video of the protest, some of these people are old as heck. you'd think they'd rather be fishing.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 13:42:33 »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 13:47:48 »
How do these people go to the bathroom. there arn't any portapots

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 17:51:33 »
When McConnell and Pence both switch sides you know you are really really wrong.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 18:26:23 »
When McConnell and Pence both switch sides you know you are really really wrong.

They didn't switched sides.   They're lining up the narrative to support the next repooplican assh.. whoever that is to swing the fence votes. 

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 18:27:11 »
Are you guys gonna have another civil war or something? Oo
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 18:48:24 »
The people who broke in are mostly idiots who thought they were going to get away with it.
Case-in-point: they rallied for Trump now, so they can't have have been very bright.

There have been rumours of Trump talking to high-ranking military leaders before the election about staging a coup if things didn't go his way, but I would take those with a grain of salt.
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 January 2021, 13:17:49 by Findecanor »

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 19:01:21 »
If THEY KNOW that it can't work, what's the delay for ?   Why not just go home and play Vidya...

Trump is a ****ing sore loser who should have never even been in office to begin with. The only reason he got the office was cuz Hilary was the democratic nominee, and America is still sexist.

I really hate America, if I could I'd move to any other country that is more reformed socially.
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 19:07:21 »
No coup has ever succeeded without a military arm to back it, so no doubt DiaperDon tried.

We don't know if he was successful on that end, but he sure got the all of the Racist cops on his side.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 19:50:16 »

Trump is a ****ing sore loser who should have never even been in office to begin with. The only reason he got the office was cuz Hilary was the democratic nominee, and America is still sexist.

I really hate America, if I could I'd move to any other country that is more reformed socially.

Yeah I had no idea there were so may little babies in the US. And the Republicans had the gall to call Dems crybabys when Hillary lost. All these people should be in jail right now, and impeachment proceedings for treason should be enacted immediatly.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 20:31:18 »
/Conspiracy mode activated...

This entire show is a farce....  They staged this with Trump to let him go down, and DISTANCE existing repooplican assho's    to setup for the next election.

DiaperDon is just the fall guy, for the corruption and illegal activity of the republican party.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 21:09:51 »
The news is being dramatic, America Shaken to the Core ?,  come on, only 1 woman died, and it was her fault for charging cops who had guns,   it's basically that suicide by cop scene from Rick/Morty.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 21:15:25 »
Trump is Trump. If somebody had asked me, 35 years ago, what I thought about Donald Trump, I would have said that he was a buffoon, a spoiled rich brat New Yorker, who only cared about getting his face on the TV screen. Nothing has ever changed about that.

What I have never been able to understand is why any working class American could fail to instantly recognize him as the epitome of everything that they loathe.

Why would even one single "real person" be a "Trump supporter"?

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 21:29:44 »
Intelligence of the general population is mothballed by deliberate sabotage of public education.

Their physical and mental health is deliberately broken to feed for profit medicine.

The burger king fattens them up for slaughter under the hospital knife for $150k a pop.

it's the Perfect Storm.   CAPITALISM is the problem.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 21:39:03 »
I truely believe social media is largely responsible for the dumbing down of the world, or at least the legitimization of being a stupid person.

Offline atarione

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 22:11:26 »
it seems they've done it now... I'm pretty sure this ****show has broken the comments section on Foxnews... that or someone over there finally had enough and turned them off?    or they just are not loading in my browser for some reason?

If it was up to me... I'd yank the broadcasting license / operating license of all these "propaganda" news channels  // or at worst make outfits like fox and cnn run 15minute clips explaining how they are partisan propaganda every 60 minutes or so...   

It is a shame we no longer have news that told us what happened and kept their opinion(s) about it to themselves ....   the histrionics on many networks today was truly too much.     

BUT.. how many building occupations have liberals ..etc conducted over the years...    Freaking 1st time out a right wing building take over aims for the god ****ed Capital Building ... WOW...     "oh you occupied the deans office at NYU ..that is adorable"... is the conversation people that were there should be having (if they are not in federal prison ... as a fair number of them probably will be...   still when they get out..)      I'm not condoning their actions or supporting them but holy **** if you are going to take over a building the Capitol Building of the freaking United States of America as a freshman effort... is kind of impressive in a way.   (maybe it is arguably more a sophomore effort cause I think some folks took over the capital building in Michigan for a minute).... still god damn ....

Guess it will be awhile before the rest of the world stops asking "So what is going on with the Americans?"  ???

Ain't no sh*tshow like an American Sh*tshow?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 22:32:14 »
I truely believe social media is largely responsible for the dumbing down of the world, or at least the legitimization of being a stupid person.

Social media is responsible for coalescing- The Stupid,  I don't think it's making people dumber, they start dumb, and find dumb friends.

The busted schools are responsible for most of the dumb-building.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 23:17:27 »
WTH,  do they like doing this?   don't they know da cybapunk is out waiting for them to play @ home?

WHY are they doing this wasting their own time and our tax dollars ?

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 00:01:55 »

Revolutionary; this is 1776 2.0 about to break loose.
And the never-trumpers in this thread will be first against the wall when the military gives the go-ahead to unload on the would-be traitors.

Fortunately for said traitors that won't happen, because of the absolute bedlam that would be released. Power ultimately comes from the people, but the forces behind this slow-burning coup that's been going on for decades (who aren't really pushing communism so much as rule by divine right) LOVE bedlam, chaos, mistrust & fear because they've built entire empires out of this before.

This will have to be completed by the military, mostly behind closed doors. At first, but the only way the people in the public will ever trust "elected officials" again is if everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING, is declassified and made searchable by everyone.
Everything in Area51, Every dirty picture of the Clintons, the Bidens, the SCOTUS judges. And when every sealed indictment, every classified study, is finally readable, we'll be able to understand how very, very close we came to losing even the appearance of freedom we all were enjoying. There's some sort of applicable quote, about how the goons in government will keep the movie playing and popcorn popping, until they don't have to. Then they pack up the tables, turn off the lights, and only then do you realize they've boarded up the back of the theater.

Hasn't it been pointed out that one of the key components of a "color revolution" is a contested election? To combat that, you need to stay unriled, and stay vigilant.

#StopTheSteal -- this will either become a military rout soon, or it will be our death.

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline yui

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 00:28:27 »
WTH,  do they like doing this?   don't they know da cybapunk is out waiting for them to play @ home?

WHY are they doing this wasting their own time and our tax dollars ?

well not sure trump is going back home if he is not president, maybe why he is fighting so hard, and blind devotes will follow him to the death...
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline jamster

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 02:53:51 »

And the never-trumpers in this thread will be first against the wall when the military gives the go-ahead to unload on the would-be traitors.

Fortunately for said traitors that won't happen, because of the absolute bedlam that would be released. Power ultimately comes from the people, but the forces behind this slow-burning coup that's been going on for decades (who aren't really pushing communism so much as rule by divine right) LOVE bedlam, chaos, mistrust & fear because they've built entire empires out of this before.

This will have to be completed by the military, mostly behind closed doors. At first, but the only way the people in the public will ever trust "elected officials" again is if everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING, is declassified and made searchable by everyone.
Everything in Area51, Every dirty picture of the Clintons, the Bidens, the SCOTUS judges. And when every sealed indictment, every classified study, is finally readable, we'll be able to understand how very, very close we came to losing even the appearance of freedom we all were enjoying. There's some sort of applicable quote, about how the goons in government will keep the movie playing and popcorn popping, until they don't have to. Then they pack up the tables, turn off the lights, and only then do you realize they've boarded up the back of the theater.

Hasn't it been pointed out that one of the key components of a "color revolution" is a contested election? To combat that, you need to stay unriled, and stay vigilant.

#StopTheSteal -- this will either become a military rout soon, or it will be our death.

Is this supposed to be satirical of far right wing conspiracy theorist language use, or is this serious? If the former, then well done. Either way, it's very hard to understand. Which might be the point.

Seriously cannot tell!

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 03:50:38 »
Is this supposed to be satirical of far right wing conspiracy theorist language use, or is this serious? If the former, then well done. Either way, it's very hard to understand. Which might be the point.

Seriously cannot tell!
Gotta be a joke. Real psychos don't have such weird depraved fantasies. Videos of aliens from area 51 sucking Clinton's ****, and the military just massacring civilians for funsies?
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 January 2021, 04:06:24 by jacobolus »

Offline yui

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 05:09:41 »
Gotta be a joke. Real psychos don't have such weird depraved fantasies. Videos of aliens from area 51 sucking Clinton's ****, and the military just massacring civilians for funsies?
that 2nd one has been seen in history quite a few times over, so not quite out of this world, the 1st one though, harder to believe :)

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 05:31:07 »
Yeah, but the US military only massacres brown civilians in other countries (like the serial killer that Trump pardoned, or those other child murderers that Trump pardoned).

No way they'd just start shooting into a crowd of white people here at home.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 05:34:50 »
Yeah, but the US military only massacres brown civilians in other countries (like the serial killer that Trump pardoned, or those other child murderers that Trump pardoned).

Kent State?

Offline yui

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 06:00:21 »

Kent State?
i did not want to pop his safe bubble :)

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 06:21:24 »
Okay fair enough. But like... the (I presume a joke) AKmalamute post was arguing that the military is going to stage a coup and execute all of Trump's opponents by firing squad, including random people who said mean things about him on Geekhack.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 06:57:37 »
It's so weird to see all of this in the news time and time again because all the Americans I know are real sweethearts Oo . It's hard to believe they're from the same country.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 07:59:03 »
It's so weird to see all of this in the news time and time again because all the Americans I know are real sweethearts Oo . It's hard to believe they're from the same country.

50% of all people are behind the curve.

at least 50% of the front 50% are also quite oblivious.

Then you add in the LACK of Veggies,  and it's all down hill...

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 08:16:05 »

Intelligence of the general population is mothballed by deliberate sabotage of public education.

Here, for once, I agree with TP4. Let me emphasize again that it started very long before the internet.

Buchanan and Tullock laid it all out in the late-1950s in the aftermath of Brown vs Board of Education in their book "The Calculus of Consent".

It percolated in the fringes of the Republican Party, particularly in the aftermath of Goldwater's futile presidential bid, and generally bypassed Nixon.

But then in roared back in the late-1970s and Reagan ushered in the crippling of the public education system and promoted the rise of hyper-partisan media, along with countless other atrocities including initiating the dispersal of America's manufacturing base to the third world.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 12:15:37 »
the (I presume a joke)

No, I was serious.

Edit: Unlike the commies, or whatever they are, Trump and his allies believe in the rule of law. There will be, and already are I believe, grand juries and court martial courts, depending on who's being accused of treason, to determine levels of guilt. But during a war, the penalty for one who swore an oath to uphold the constitution but was found to have sold out to the enemy is, indeed, death.

I expect it'll be kept quiet, but there will be line-items in spreadsheets that can be requested. The choice to know those details will remain yours.
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 January 2021, 12:21:08 by AKmalamute »

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 12:21:32 »

lmao

Offline Timbersawdust

• aka snorlax
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 12:25:54 »

Get well soon!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #35 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 12:35:00 »

35y
54y
24y
4y
4y6

lmao

I read the post,  I'm not sure what he's saying.

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #36 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 13:24:01 »
No, I was serious.

Edit: Unlike the commies, or whatever they are,
So you really get off on fantasies of Geekhackers being mass-murdered, and Clinton sex tapes?

Well that's creepy as hell.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #37 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 13:29:08 »
Trump and his allies believe in the rule of law.
Don't make me laugh.

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #38 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 13:32:46 »
The "rule of law" = mob of white supremacist thugs ransacking the Capitol building.

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #39 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 14:05:07 »
So you really get off on fantasies of Geekhackers being mass-murdered, and Clinton sex tapes?

Well that's creepy as hell.
No, re-read my post and try again. Just because you don't understand there's a war going on, doesn't mean you're not participating.

Don't make me laugh.

No one is making you do anything; this is a free country, you're on the internet, and any laughter you experience is exclusively your fault.

The "rule of law" = mob of white supremacist thugs ransacking the Capitol building.

Those were the left's shock troops wearing camouflage, not likely even all that politically minded. Also, did you see the clip of the guy in horns ... in the Simpsons? that's creepy.

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #40 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 14:25:56 »
If you think these are "the left's shock troops" then the guy in horns is your spirit animal. He is a QAnon believer who has been showing up to white supremacist Trump rallies in Arizona for the past year, and thinks his appearance will get people curious and help him to open their eyes to his conspiracy theories.

https://twitter.com/brieannafrank/status/1257736599170736128
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 January 2021, 14:33:05 by jacobolus »

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #41 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 14:33:28 »
Two things. First, there is no qanon.
There is Q, and there are the anons, who research topics they think relate to what Q has been talking about.
And I follow Q, and the anons, also -- and no, we don't consider the guy in horns to be a real 'anon' -- although, of course, since all the researchers are anonymous, well, who's to say? And curiosity is good, but he was seen stumping for antifa in Portland, is what I thought I'd read last night. No link of course, and I was too tired / too late (early) to be sure of what I read, but I stand by what I just said -- he's not with or for Q.

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline MrDongblaster

• Diet Dr. Pepper Enthusiast
« Reply #42 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 15:47:01 »
Two things. First, there is no qanon.
There is Q, and there are the anons, who research topics they think relate to what Q has been talking about.
And I follow Q, and the anons, also -- and no, we don't consider the guy in horns to be a real 'anon' -- although, of course, since all the researchers are anonymous, well, who's to say? And curiosity is good, but he was seen stumping for antifa in Portland, is what I thought I'd read last night. No link of course, and I was too tired / too late (early) to be sure of what I read, but I stand by what I just said -- he's not with or for Q.

"No link, of course, and I was too tired / too late (early) to be sure of what I read."
- Joseph McCarthy

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #43 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 15:53:07 »
we don't consider the guy in horns to be a real 'anon'
There is also a photo of him smiling and hugging Rudy Giuliani, with Bernard Kerik (former NYPD police commissioner and convicted felon who Trump pardoned a while ago) standing behind.

So here is a more plausible conspiracy theory: Rudy Giuliani (who yesterday was telling Senator Tuberville to delay the congressional proceedings as long as possible by objecting to every state's electoral votes, but incompetently dialed the wrong number, and who directly told the mob that they needed to carry out "trial by combat") was conspiring with the rioters to ransack the Capitol as part of a plot to slow down the election certification.

More realistically though, most of the people in this mob are ordinary white supremacist wackos of the kind found all across America, who have been easily used by Trump and his band of psychopaths, are stuck in a fantasy land bubble, and were swept up in the excitement of the moment.

Here is a list of some of the participants: https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/so-who-actually-participated-in-the-siege-of-the-capitol

They are all apparently Trump diehards.

Hopefully the FBI will investigate and incoming AG will prosecute all of these pathetic treasonous ****ups to the full extent of the law.

Edit: there were at least 6 GOP state legislators among the mob (unsurprising, given the number of conspiracy wackos and white supremacists in the party). Are GOP electeds now all secret antifa?
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 January 2021, 18:31:45 by jacobolus »

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #44 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 16:38:50 »
Trump is Trump. If somebody had asked me, 35 years ago, what I thought about Donald Trump, I would have said that he was a buffoon, a spoiled rich brat New Yorker, who only cared about getting his face on the TV screen. Nothing has ever changed about that.

What I have never been able to understand is why any working class American could fail to instantly recognize him as the epitome of everything that they loathe.

Why would even one single "real person" be a "Trump supporter"?

This is something I've struggled with also ever since Trump started his run, **** if I can figure out why anyone voted for or supported his dumb ass though. Sure Hilary wouldn't have been any better, but ultimately I believe the corporations have the real control in the US. The politicians just make noise to justify their existence & make sure they can keep that sweet sweet lobbying money rolling in........   

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #45 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 17:09:23 »
Sure Hilary wouldn't have been any better,
Hillary was a terrible candidate, but would have been a pretty good president, probably better than her husband.

She listens carefully, is sharp and detail-oriented, works extremely hard, and is a lifelong patriot.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #46 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 17:43:44 »
Sure Hilary wouldn't have been any better,
Hillary was a terrible candidate, but would have been a pretty good president, probably better than her husband.

She listens carefully, is sharp and detail-oriented, works extremely hard, and is a lifelong patriot.

We wouldn't know any of those things about her.

She's most certainly a psychopath, to linger in an emotionally traumatizing position for so long in pursuit of political power.   That's not resilience she's demonstrated, it's the lack of emotion/empathy.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #47 on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 16:00:42 »
Maybe it has mostly faded away, unless the nutjobs want a last hurrah next week.

There are a lot of people who will be wallowing in  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunk_cost  for quite a while now.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #48 on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 19:13:39 »
Go Go Gadget Impeachment

What a loser of a president, and an abject failure in nearly every regard.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #49 on: Sun, 17 January 2021, 14:12:44 »
As President Trump prepares to leave office in days, a lucrative market for pardons is coming to a head, with some of his allies collecting fees from wealthy felons or their associates to push the White House for clemency, according to documents and interviews with more than three dozen lobbyists and lawyers.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/17/us/politics/trump-pardons.html