Author Topic: [GB] GMK CMYK - replacements received  (Read 186903 times)

Offline kivx

Re: [GB] GMK CMYK - MOQ MET - GB Closed
« Reply #250 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 19:37:47 »
Hope there will be extras ^-^ wasn't able to join during buying period :(
I am going to order as many extras I can swing. There may be some orders being sold here though, so keep an eye on this thread.

The mockup came from the Chinese GB and they placed orders by themselves.
And they met the requirement of having extra keys.

Could you tell me the total amount of our GB?
Because I am really surprised that the the amount of orders in this CMYK GB on GH was less than Chinese GB's
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 April 2016, 21:37:14 by kivx »

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #251 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 19:40:26 »
I am going to order as many extras I can swing. There may be some orders being sold here though, so keep an eye on this thread.

Because I am really surprised that the the amount of whole GH's orders was less than Chinese GB's
I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but we met the MOQ with this group buy.

Offline kivx

« Reply #252 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 20:28:26 »

Because I am really surprised that the the amount of whole GH's orders was less than Chinese GB's

I just wanna know if our GB's orders are enough to ask GMK to give us extra keys.
IIRC, the more orders we placed to GMK, the more chances we have to get extra keys.

Since we can't have extra keys. It means our orders are less than Chinese GB's

Offline luckyryan333

• #There'sNoToolForTyping
« Reply #253 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 01:43:04 »
I just wanna know if our GB's orders are enough to ask GMK to give us extra keys.
IIRC, the more orders we placed to GMK, the more chances we have to get extra keys.

I'm just wondering if they are really extra keys or not.

The price specified in the link I mentioned is 319 CNY/set.
It is equivalent to about 49.5 USD/set, and is about 5.5 USD more than the the price of GH GB. (I suppose the average exchange rate is 0.155 CNY/USD)
If several other costs such as shipping fee, payment means fee like AliPay, taxes and so on are not included in 5.5 USD, I guess 5.5 USD is enough to add 2 keys.

If they are not the extra ones, it means the number of Chinese GB orders is at least more than the 150 MOQ.
Otherwise, the 250 MOQ must be met in Chinese GB, and it is much more than that of GH GB for sure.
No PaiN, No GaiN
More
How to order from Taobao from outside of China and WITHOUT an Agent
daily driver: C70 w/ Oblivion
on the way: d65_12/gmkblk_3

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #254 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 03:52:21 »

I'm just wondering if they are really extra keys or not.

The price specified in the link I mentioned is 319 CNY/set.
It is equivalent to about 49.5 USD/set, and is about 5.5 USD more than the the price of GH GB. (I suppose the average exchange rate is 0.155 CNY/USD)
If several other costs such as shipping fee, payment means fee like AliPay, taxes and so on are not included in 5.5 USD, I guess 5.5 USD is enough to add 2 keys.

If they are not the extra ones, it means the number of Chinese GB orders is at least more than the 150 MOQ.
Otherwise, the 250 MOQ must be met in Chinese GB, and it is much more than that of GH GB for sure.
That was what I was about to suggest. I don't think they have necessarily reached a higher moq. Just that they are going with a different set from the start.

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #255 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 06:00:52 »
so the menu and fn was in orange colorway, lucky i had skidata color pack waiting  :rolleyes:

Offline ATXTider

• I keep it playa while some choose to play it safe
« Reply #256 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 07:30:35 »

Why does it matter whose GB was 'bigger'? 

Offline kivx

« Reply #257 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 07:38:03 »

If our GB is as big as the Chinese one, we should also have extra keys.
That's the point I am talking about.

Since now we know the Chinese GB's orders met the 250 MOQ while we didn't. And that's why we don't have extra keys.
I am not blaming anyone.
I am just curious.  ;D ;D

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #258 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 08:12:06 »

Since now we know the Chinese GB's orders met the 250 MOQ while we didn't. And that's why we don't have extra keys.
I am not blaming anyone.

The moq is 150 now, not 250. We could have had those two additional keys from the start, but then the price would be higher as  evidenced by their GB. Had we met 250, I was going to add additional keys to may it up for the price reduction and keep the same price.

Does that answer your question?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #259 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 08:28:11 »
There is no reason to care about the "other" GB, this one rocks, it is handled by a trustworthy leader and the design is one of the best fits for a Beige OG set, there is nothing more we may need.

Offline kivx

« Reply #260 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 08:59:20 »

I am not blaming anyone.

The moq is 150 now, not 250. We could have had those two additional keys from the start, but then the price would be higher as  evidenced by their GB. Had we met 250, I was going to add additional keys to may it up for the price reduction and keep the same price.

All I can say is that it would cost me almost the same money to join this GB or the Chinese GB.

There is no reason to care about the "other" GB, this one rocks, it is handled by a trustworthy leader and the design is one of the best fits for a Beige OG set, there is nothing more we may need.

In the beginning I thought there was only one GB.
However, there must be something happened between our leader and the Chinese leader, and then the Chinese leader decided  to place orders directly to GMK by themselves.
So now there were two GBs

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #261 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 09:36:53 »

I am not blaming anyone.

All I can say is that it would cost me almost the same money to join this GB or the Chinese GB.

However, there must be something happened between our leader and the Chinese leader, and then the Chinese leader decided  to place orders directly to GMK by themselves.
His GB is $5 more.

I'm not going to continue this any further. I'm not sure what stake you have in any of this, since you didn't join the group buy. I hope you got the info you needed.

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #262 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 09:41:40 »
Extra keys or not, I'm still happy with this GB, for the money we get a whole lot more keys than originatives cmyk so that for me is worth it.

Offline kivx

« Reply #263 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 09:45:26 »

I am not blaming anyone.

His GB is $5 more.

I'm not going to continue this any further. I'm not sure what stake you have in any of this, since you didn't join the group buy. I hope you got the info you needed.

I did join, but not with my ID.
I am not questioning you. I just compared these two GBs and stated my thought.

Thanks a lot for providing this GB for us.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #264 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 09:48:56 »

I am not blaming anyone.

His GB is $5 more.

I did join, but not with my ID.
I am not questioning you. I just compared these two GBs and stated my thought.

Thanks a lot for providing this GB for us.
I apologize for my reply then.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #265 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 14:35:24 »
Too much whining for an simple single extra key cap, sh...... you should go somewhere else to complain.  :))

Offline kivx

« Reply #266 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 19:24:57 »
Too much whining for an simple single extra key cap, sh...... you should go somewhere else to complain.  :))

I thought everyone who joined this GB has the right to say anything here.
I merely raised my question and I didn't complain to you.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #267 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 22:04:35 »

This is a public board my friend, if you write here, anyone can reads and answers you, if you want to have a private conversation send a PM.  :cool:
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 April 2016, 22:06:47 by ideus »

Offline kivx

« Reply #268 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 22:48:57 »

This is a public board my friend, if you write here, anyone can reads and answers you, if you want to have a private conversation send a PM.  :cool:

Yes, of course.
However, you are not answering my question.
Based on your reply above, I felt you thought i was making noise.

I believe the question I mentioned was related to this subject.

If I bothered you, I apologize here.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #269 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 07:24:09 »

Yes, of course.
However, you are not answering my question.
Based on your reply above, I felt you thought i was making noise.

I believe the question I mentioned was related to this subject.

If I bothered you, I apologize here.

No worries. In regards to your question, and in a more serious comment, I think the set was defined since the beginning and the possibility to have extras was just that, a possibility, that was conditional upon the demand reaching a higher than MoQ, that was 250 I think, so that is not happening, so asking about an already covered and well understood "issue" just does not make sense. If at the time the GB and the Chinese people forking their own one, you want to get there, you can always either ask for a refund or sell your spot if you prefer to go with the other. Bottom line, we should decide where our money goes based on facts and not on possibilities. It is good to have more keys? of course, but it was not a promise, just a possibility contingent on demand, but the set, as defined, as we pay for it, it's perfectly fine.

Offline shugix

• (・ิω・ิ)
« Reply #270 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 16:49:30 »
How long does it usually take for GMK to produce a group buy like this one? I've never been in a GMK group buy before.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #271 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 17:30:35 »
How long does it usually take for GMK to produce a group buy like this one? I've never been in a GMK group buy before.
Usually a few months. I don't want to give you a bad date though. Hopefully I should have that info soon though.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #272 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 16:40:27 »
Quick update.

I started the bank wire the other day, and am waiting on payment confirmation from GMK.  Once I have that and the production dates, I will let you guys know.

Offline luckyryan333

• #There'sNoToolForTyping
« Reply #273 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 16:49:51 »
Quick update.

I started the bank wire the other day, and am waiting on payment confirmation from GMK.  Once I have that and the production dates, I will let you guys know.

Thanks for the quick update.
So far, so good.  :thumb:
No PaiN, No GaiN
More
How to order from Taobao from outside of China and WITHOUT an Agent
daily driver: C70 w/ Oblivion
on the way: d65_12/gmkblk_3

Offline JonasDK

• Let me poo on you
« Reply #274 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 16:25:04 »
LF a set, if someone has regreted

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #275 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 17:55:13 »

Sorry bro, the only way to be regretted about this buy is not be in it...

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #276 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 17:58:49 »

Sorry bro, the only way to be regretted about this buy is not be in it...

boom, roasted.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #277 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 18:11:30 »
Still no word back from GMK on the receipt of the wire transfer. I'll let you know when the confirm it with me.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #278 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 23:16:18 »
Thought I had posted this, but if anyone happened to have ordered an extra set, please let me know. Thank you.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #279 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 15:20:54 »
Spoke with them on Thursday, still hasmt processed for them. They are off until Tuesday, I believe she said, and said she expected to have the payment show up by then.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Offline misconceit

« Reply #280 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 16:03:35 »
Looking for the 2 x 1u Alt if someone don't need it ;D
Greatly appreciated for solving one of my three problems
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 May 2016, 16:10:15 by misconceit »
HHKB Pro 2 Type-S   
HHKB Pro 2

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #281 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 16:43:01 »
Looking for the 2 x 1u Alt if someone don't need it ;D
Greatly appreciated for solving one of my three problems

If I'm able to buy an extra set for myself I got you :cool:

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #282 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 14:08:43 »
Update from GMK:

I will let you all know when I have dates.

:thumb:

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #283 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 14:22:54 »
Awesome, now we should wait for GMK to start production.

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
« Reply #284 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 14:25:41 »
Nice! Thanks for the update, ghostjuggernaut!

Offline yomammary

« Reply #285 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 15:37:31 »
1 step closer  ;D
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline Suembeaux

« Reply #286 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 18:19:53 »
So hard to not be excited about things despite them being so far out. Keep us updated!
A bunch of stuff. Someone teach me how to properly solder.

/u/Shartastical

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #287 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 08:17:04 »
I missed out, any chance to get an extra orders?

I'm hurt so bad  :'(

Offline AgentZen

« Reply #288 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 17:17:36 »

I think compared to CMWY, the CMYK looks better with hyperfuse. That's about all I care about.
KUL ES-87 w/ Clears (GMK Hyperfuse) | Working on: Custom 60% w/ 65g feelios (BSP blanks)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #289 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 17:37:42 »

I think compared to CMWY, the CMYK looks better with hyperfuse. That's about all I care about.

A well crafted design always have collateral benefits  :thumb:

In my case, I need it to go with my upcoming NCR PC4 OG Cherry set with hat type keys in black on beige, there is no better combination to go with the new 62. You'll see it will rock.
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 May 2016, 17:39:38 by ideus »

Offline Suembeaux

« Reply #290 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 00:36:37 »

I'll be rocking it with an IMSTO black on black set, CMYK > CMYW in a lot of cases.

/u/Shartastical

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #291 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 07:08:53 »

I'll be rocking it with an IMSTO black on black set, CMYK > CMYW in a lot of cases.

+1 The color accents will look awesome with black on black.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #292 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 10:02:11 »
Small update.

GMK informed me that the set will begin production mid to late June, and is estimated to be completed and shipped on June 30th.

I will post more definitive info once I have it. Have a great day!

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #293 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 10:41:36 »
Small update.

GMK informed me that the set will begin production mid to late June, and is estimated to be completed and shipped on June 30th.

Thanks for the update! Have a great day.

Offline skuko

« Reply #294 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 12:19:41 »
nice nice nice

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #295 on: Fri, 20 May 2016, 14:37:20 »
Additionally, if anyone finds out that they are going to need an address change, submit a support ticket for easier tracking.  You can pm me as well, but a support ticket will ensure it gets looked at.

Once the order ships to me, I will make a final post asking about address changes.  If anything changes though, please submit a ticket.

https://buycmyk.com/account/help/requests/new

Offline Damonskv

« Reply #296 on: Fri, 20 May 2016, 14:45:05 »
Small update.

Thanks for update.  :D :D

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #297 on: Fri, 20 May 2016, 15:54:12 »
Additionally, if anyone finds out that they are going to need an address change, submit a support ticket for easier tracking.  You can pm me as well, but a support ticket will ensure it gets looked at.

Once the order ships to me, I will make a final post asking about address changes.  If anything changes though, please submit a ticket.

https://buycmyk.com/account/help/requests/new

You're organizing this so, damn, well. I'm jealous.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
Re: [GB] GMK CMYK - MOQ MET - Pre-Production
« Reply #298 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 15:13:18 »
Small Update:

Still no word from GMK.  I am planning to shoot them an email at the end of this week checking on things, if they have not sent me anything by then.

Have a good week.

Offline Suembeaux

Re: [GB] GMK CMYK - MOQ MET - Pre-Production
« Reply #299 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 20:03:47 »
Small Update:

Still no word from GMK.  I am planning to shoot them an email at the end of this week checking on things, if they have not sent me anything by then.

Have a good week.

U da best.

/u/Shartastical