Author Topic: [GB] Noxary X60 V1  (Read 456578 times)

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
Re: [GB] X60 (HHKB/WKL/60)
« Reply #550 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 08:31:18 »
Wow, that gold  :-* :-*  :eek:

Offline GiveCandyy

« Reply #551 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 09:25:17 »
Looks like I am in founders. Looking for someone who is interested to replace me. serious
I wish it wasn't soon

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #552 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 11:33:32 »
Got told that they've finally started anodizing the prototypes... Hopefully I get another picture to excite you all with. :))

Might as well put out the weights for each part, so here:
  • Top pieces - 0.16kg
  • Bottom - 1.30kg
  • 6061 plate - 0.06kg
  • SS plate - 0.18kg
  • Brass weight - 0.93kg
  • SS weight - 0.83kg
So this makes a pretty standard board 2.45kg (5.4lbs), and with a SS plate 2.57kg (5.66lbs). I'm not too sure how heavy the carbon plates will be, but from my experience its lighter than a 6061 plate, so it's probably around 2.35kg (5.18lbs).

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #553 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 11:55:46 »
Looks like I am in founders. Looking for someone who is interested to replace me. serious

What layout did you order?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #554 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 12:01:34 »
Just to clear a few things up, GiveCandyy wants to sell his place in the group buy.
  • If you buy his spot, you won't get his slot, you'll get #30 standard, and everyone else will be moved up.
  • You buy the spot, not what he chose.
  • I have only given permission to GiveCandyy as he politely asked me, and it's due to his circumstances. Otherwise, you can't sell your spot.
:))

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #555 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 12:16:18 »
Just to clear a few things up, GiveCandyy wants to sell his place in the group buy.
  • If you buy his spot, you won't get his slot, you'll get #30 standard, and everyone else will be moved up.
  • I have only given permission to GiveCandyy as he politely asked me, and it's due to his circumstances. Otherwise, you can't sell your spot.

PM'd.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline PriusProblems

• No ISO, no interest.
« Reply #556 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 14:10:34 »

Definitely the fairest way of doing it. Congratulations logomachy on the upgrade!

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #557 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 15:08:03 »

Definitely the fairest way of doing it. Congratulations logomachy on the upgrade!

Nope! I don't move up founder editon spots, as they requested that number. Instead WCO1, who was #1 for standard, moved to #15 founders.

Offline PriusProblems

• No ISO, no interest.
« Reply #558 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 15:56:31 »
Nope! I don't move up founder editon spots, as they requested that number. Instead WCO1, who was #1 for standard, moved to #15 founders.

Ah, I wasn't aware that they had chosen their numbers - bet that was a pain to sort out!

Out of interest, will the Standard Editions have anything (logo etc.) on the weight, or will it just be blank? I'm thinking about engraving mine with something personal, but that of course depends on your response.

Edited because I messed up, and then messed up again. Third time's the charm!
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 August 2016, 16:01:05 by PriusProblems »

Offline scubaste

« Reply #559 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 16:20:04 »
I've been lurking and just wanted to say that the prototype and the anodizing samples look great. That dark grey is exactly what I'm after.  :thumb:

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #560 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 16:25:13 »

Ah, I wasn't aware that they had chosen their numbers - bet that was a pain to sort out!

Out of interest, will the Standard Editions have anything (logo etc.) on the weight, or will it just be blank? I'm thinking about engraving mine with something personal, but that of course depends on your response. 
Took me like 5 minutes tbh, pretty easy.

Um they'll have my maker logo thing on, and also the chassis number which is something like 45-74 for the standard editions. I haven't finalized any of it yet apart from I'm going to be getting a friends fiance to design my stuff :))

also don't really want people to **** my babies up but I can't really stop it tbh

Offline PriusProblems

• No ISO, no interest.
« Reply #561 on: Thu, 25 August 2016, 00:44:15 »

Um they'll have my maker logo thing on, and also the chassis number which is something like 45-74 for the standard editions. I haven't finalized any of it yet apart from I'm going to be getting a friends fiance to design my stuff :))

also don't really want people to **** my babies up but I can't really stop it tbh
I look forward to seeing the designs!

And in regards to your added bit, I would never do something that would "**** [it] up", but I also wouldn't to leave a blank space where I could instead customise it, like any other part of a mechanical keyboard.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #562 on: Thu, 25 August 2016, 06:02:13 »

And in regards to your added bit, I would never do something that would "**** [it] up", but I also wouldn't to leave a blank space where I could instead customise it, like any other part of a mechanical keyboard.
The engraving will be on both sides for all variants.

Offline PriusProblems

• No ISO, no interest.
« Reply #563 on: Thu, 25 August 2016, 06:38:21 »

The engraving will be on both sides for all variants.
Thanks for clarifying.

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
« Reply #564 on: Thu, 25 August 2016, 12:30:19 »
The dark grey looks so good I might have to reconsider getting a black one  :-\ :confused:

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #565 on: Sat, 27 August 2016, 02:49:05 »

:eek:

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #566 on: Sat, 27 August 2016, 02:58:41 »
Are these from the new factory or tgr factory? Hhkb looking sexy

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #567 on: Sat, 27 August 2016, 03:39:40 »
TGR factory. Not quite sure why there are 4 if I'm being honest; I paid for 3. One of the many reasons why I'm switching factory though.

Offline kenlee

« Reply #568 on: Sat, 27 August 2016, 03:53:44 »
TGR factory. Not quite sure why there are 4 if I'm being honest; I paid for 3. One of the many reasons why I'm switching factory though.
So even they finish these 4 cases, will still switch factory  ?
Or would we compare their samples from two factories to make a final decision?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #569 on: Sat, 27 August 2016, 04:01:42 »
So even they finish these 4 cases, will still switch factory  ?
Or would we compare their samples from two factories to make a final decision?
After their lacking communication, failure to meet their own deadlines, and other things, I'll be switching to another factory. If the 2nd one isn't able to deliver the quality I've seen them do, then looks like I'll have to find another one.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #570 on: Sat, 27 August 2016, 06:27:02 »

TGR is made in the UK?  :eek: Didn't know that!
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #571 on: Sat, 27 August 2016, 06:31:35 »

This isn't being made in the UK, hasn't been for ages!

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #572 on: Sat, 27 August 2016, 07:21:52 »

Are non-UK(or even EU) machine shops really that much cheaper/better that it justifies outsourcing the manufacturing process? I'm asking because I may or may not have something planned in the future and want to know if it is even worth it to search for something local.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #573 on: Sat, 27 August 2016, 07:38:22 »

Oh sorry I missed a thread there  :))
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #574 on: Sat, 27 August 2016, 09:44:49 »

Are non-UK(or even EU) machine shops really that much cheaper/better that it justifies outsourcing the manufacturing process? I'm asking because I may or may not have something planned in the future and want to know if it is even worth it to search for something local.
Locally it was $800 per, it was completely out of the question after seeing there was no way to do it.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #575 on: Sat, 27 August 2016, 10:29:51 »

Locally it was $800 per, it was completely out of the question after seeing there was no way to do it.

WHAT $800? How do they even have customers at these prices?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #576 on: Sat, 27 August 2016, 12:09:50 »

No idea, I'm guessing 70 isn't enough, but it looks like they do 1 offs which would make sense.

Offline MrDaddio

Re: [GB] 60S
« Reply #577 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 08:36:29 »
Did the name change?

Offline joey

« Reply #578 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 08:39:04 »
Because usually it's companies getting stuff made? And 800$ isn't that much.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #579 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 09:06:12 »
Did the name change?

Yeah, it's tentatively called 60S until mobbo comes up with the actual name.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #580 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 12:08:38 »
Did the name change?
Yup. X60 is now called 60S, the naming convention will make sense when other projects I finish are released. I'm just thinking of what name I'll run all my stuff under now.

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
« Reply #581 on: Tue, 30 August 2016, 00:40:37 »
Are you going full Maclaren on the naming? When's the P1 coming? And the long tail? :thumb: :thumb: :p

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #582 on: Tue, 30 August 2016, 20:02:20 »
Prototypes have actually been sent to be anodized today... He said a week, maybe. At this point I don't want to deal with the 1st factory any more, but I have to. I've contacted the 2nd factory to see how quickly they can get a prototype to me, if it's quicker than 2 weeks then I'll be raising a $2000 deposit to pay them ASAP. I don't want to sell much of my stuff (although I probably will have to) as I only have around $500 in savings, so if anyone wants to pay the rest of their order off let me know - I was thinking a $25 discount or free extra plate but perhaps some sort of discussion can go on if people want. :confused:

I'm so sorry for how long this is taking, it's almost embarrassing, and it hasn't helped me in the slightest. I really want to just see something actually happen with it, and it gets me even more excited thinking someone else can have one. Luckily I'm having 3/4 different projects prototyped along with the 60S production, so there won't be any waiting for prototypes if I do anything else.

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #583 on: Tue, 30 August 2016, 20:09:40 »
Prototypes have actually been sent to be anodized today... He said a week, maybe. At this point I don't want to deal with the 1st factory any more, but I have to. I've contacted the 2nd factory to see how quickly they can get a prototype to me, if it's quicker than 2 weeks then I'll be raising a $2000 deposit to pay them ASAP. I don't want to sell much of my stuff (although I probably will have to) as I only have around $500 in savings, so if anyone wants to pay the rest of their order off let me know - I was thinking a $25 discount or free extra plate but perhaps some sort of discussion can go on if people want. :confused:

I'm so sorry for how long this is taking, it's almost embarrassing, and it hasn't helped me in the slightest. I really want to just see something actually happen with it, and it gets me even more excited thinking someone else can have one. Luckily I'm having 3/4 different projects prototyped along with the 60S production, so there won't be any waiting for prototypes if I do anything else.

I can pay early, I can maybe talk my buddy into paying early as well
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #584 on: Tue, 30 August 2016, 20:10:59 »
I can pay early. you've been professional about everything so far, keep up the good work.
Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline RobotMalcolmX

• hackerman
« Reply #585 on: Tue, 30 August 2016, 20:33:03 »
As I said in slack, I'm good with paying early. Just invoice me bb

Offline briannnn

« Reply #586 on: Tue, 30 August 2016, 20:52:31 »
I can pay at the end of next week if that's not too late.  Extra plate would be deaup.

Offline brighenne

« Reply #587 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 00:00:10 »
I can pay early, extra plate would be nice!

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
« Reply #588 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 01:01:03 »
I can pay early as well

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #589 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 14:10:08 »
Anyone that said they could pay early should've received an invoice. Thank you very much :-* I'll be sending the money to the 2nd factory as soon as I can. I'll give an update when that happens.

I'm also getting close to finishing the 17 2D drawing the factory want me to produce, managed to do 10 in 8 hours today... I'll get the other 7 done tomorrow hopefully.

Edit: If you're paying now, you can still change your colors up until when everyone else pays.

Edit 2: Invoice number doesn't have any correlation to number on the spreadsheet or number of edition etc.
« Last Edit: Wed, 31 August 2016, 14:31:23 by xondat »

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #590 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 14:35:08 »
Just sent the payment

Since you're switching factories, do you have a rough estimate on a new timeline? (if everything goes well of course)
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #591 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 14:38:54 »
Production time is 2-3 weeks, and shipping is 3-5 days. I'll be required to pay an initial, 50% payment in order to get a prototype (which will be #4), confirm that production can go ahead and then pay the 50%/shipping once they're finished production.
Just a note on this, it is no longer 50/50 but to make it easier on me, we decided to do $2000 and then pay the rest off after production.

They told me making the prototype will take anywhere from 10-14 days, depending on when the payment goes through, and shipping is 3-5 days. Best case scenario is 2 weeks, worst 3 weeks, but it wouldn't surprise me if it got to me before the 1st factory. :rolleyes:

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Re: [GB] xondat's 60S
« Reply #592 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 08:36:46 »

Just paid for the 8 parts @ the 2nd factory.

I also have another picture from the 1st place.

Who knows when I'll have these :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 September 2016, 08:41:37 by xondat »

Offline Gatix

• #!/bin/sh
  • console.log
« Reply #593 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 08:45:43 »
This will get sand blasted prior to anodizing right?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #594 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 08:49:01 »
This will get sand blasted prior to anodizing right?

Correct.

Offline brighenne

« Reply #595 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 09:31:14 »
What are you going to do with the prototypes?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #596 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 09:38:36 »
What are you going to do with the prototypes?
Either do a charity auction, or keep them as memorabilia.

Offline PriusProblems

• No ISO, no interest.
« Reply #597 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 16:10:39 »
I'm willing to pay early as well if you still need extra dosh.

Offline AceRuckus

« Reply #598 on: Sat, 03 September 2016, 15:52:27 »
Hoping for extras <3
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 September 2016, 15:54:11 by AceRuckus »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #599 on: Sat, 03 September 2016, 15:55:00 »
Would anyone wanna sell their black 60% founder's edition? Highly interested and PP ready.
Putting it out there again, if someone else's their spot, the buyer and seller will both lose out. It isn't fair on the people that signed up before someone comes along willing to buy out a spot. :rolleyes: