Author Topic: [GB] KIRA80 & KIRA S  (Read 275657 times)

Offline Jkush463

Re: [GB] KIRA80 & KIRA S - cancelled, refunds in progress.
« Reply #600 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 17:06:40 »
damn and still no num pad for us, what luck.

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #601 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 02:57:35 »

lol not just the numpads tho.... i still have no idea which of the weight color i will be getting....
i was hoping for the color swap from premium red to pearl blue.. .but they would never answer me

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #602 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 03:00:04 »
change thread title
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #603 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 03:37:18 »

lol not just the numpads tho.... i still have no idea which of the weight color i will be getting....
i was hoping for the color swap from premium red to pearl blue.. .but they would never answer me

Aren’t the weights all brass ? I believe the aluminum weights were just on the prototypes ?

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #604 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 10:37:13 »
Yeah i don't understand what is confusing you guys about the weights, there gonna be brass the aluminum was for proto purposes. i just don't get why they'd run the num pad separate for US buyers when were the ones that will get hit with double shipping and crap not the people that bought in on the china buy cause that is where eve is located lol plus would it not be easier to get all the orders both us and china and do them all at once so you know you don't have to tool up and make stuff again? idk just weird. it just does not make sense but whatever this whole buy has been annoying tbh. ill be happy when my two boards are here and i don't have to check this thread any more.

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #605 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 10:48:34 »
Yeah i don't understand what is confusing you guys about the weights, there gonna be brass the aluminum was for proto purposes. i just don't get why they'd run the num pad separate for US buyers when were the ones that will get hit with double shipping and crap not the people that bought in on the china buy cause that is where eve is located lol plus would it not be easier to get all the orders both us and china and do them all at once so you know you don't have to tool up and make stuff again? idk just weird. it just does not make sense but whatever this whole buy has been annoying tbh. ill be happy when my two boards are here and i don't have to check this thread any more.

Lol, I have no idea what zf is tripping. I would want some of that too.

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #606 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 03:24:04 »

yup exactly. but they weren't clear with the weight option tho. this gb is honestly very messy now that they had separated the chinese gb with the international ones. they didn't even open the numpad section for us. and the main problem is that they wouldn't update a single thing regarding the board. i am thankful to see one of the gb participant posting up a new update he got from EVE but at the same time upset that i heard those news not from the kira or zf but from merely participant. really can't do anyting til they ship us the board since they wouldn't answer any questions.

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #607 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 10:13:42 »

yup exactly. but they weren't clear with the weight option tho. this gb is honestly very messy now that they had separated the chinese gb with the international ones. they didn't even open the numpad section for us. and the main problem is that they wouldn't update a single thing regarding the board. i am thankful to see one of the gb participant posting up a new update he got from EVE but at the same time upset that i heard those news not from the kira or zf but from merely participant. really can't do anyting til they ship us the board since they wouldn't answer any questions.

I agree, very frustrating for sure, im lucky to have a line directly to one of the gb runners so i'm half ass up to date but yeah irritating. The whole splitting things up i think was supposed to ease there production time?  when in reality it helps nothing but make this even more of a mess/costly/time consuming. When ZF was in as a vendor i knew it was gonna get weird.   

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #608 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 00:39:38 »

I agree, very frustrating for sure, im lucky to have a line directly to one of the gb runners so i'm half ass up to date but yeah irritating. The whole splitting things up i think was supposed to ease there production time?  when in reality it helps nothing but make this even more of a mess/costly/time consuming. When ZF was in as a vendor i knew it was gonna get weird.   

lol lucky you, so what they up to? still in production? cuz the initial shipping date has passed but they didn't even update us with the delayed message. this KIRA geekhack gb thread always feels empty, just the participants talking with each other when in reality the admins or gb organizer is not commenting or replying to any of our threads, don't think i wanna participate in their future gbs

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #609 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 00:52:26 »
just the participants talking with each other when in reality the admins or gb organizer is not commenting or replying to any of our threads

^^^^^ THIS . 100%

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #610 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 02:37:43 »
Since I am also a buyer of both the tkl + pad, I went to ask Eve directly instead of zFrontier for an update (zF ignored me, not sure why? lol).

Show Image

Cases have milled and anodized. Currently just waiting for PCB, with targeted ship date before Christmas.
Show Image

I am not sure of any other details.

For the people that missed out this update lol.

Offline yap68

« Reply #611 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 04:54:35 »
Yes, just messaged EVE on QQ and he said will try to ship them out before Christmas for the international groupbuy.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #612 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 06:16:36 »
Yes, just messaged EVE on QQ and he said will try to ship them out before Christmas for the international groupbuy.

All colors? I didn’t see black or purple on those pics

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #613 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 06:34:05 »

Also notice that all of the boards in the photo are WKL, so maybe it's an older photo from the chinese buy? I'm sure I'm not the only one that picked WK :)

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #614 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 09:28:22 »

Also notice that all of the boards in the photo are WKL, so maybe it's an older photo from the chinese buy? I'm sure I'm not the only one that picked WK :)

i did hear that they had ship faster if the participants choose WKL option with colors other than black and purple, and that's why i chose WKL option with the premium red color.... but they are delayed without any notices

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #615 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 19:12:26 »
So now i have seen a custom K80 on reddit in a color we were told we would have to wait longer for. WTF is even going on anymore with this buy? gonna go ahead and start botherig ZF, eve and camper.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #616 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 19:41:47 »
So now i have seen a custom K80 on reddit in a color we were told we would have to wait longer for. WTF is even going on anymore with this buy? gonna go ahead and start botherig ZF, eve and camper.

basically, when a foreign runner runs a GB with EVE, they sign off the rights for EVE to run a chinese GB, so that's why this happens sometimes

this is not the first or only time this has happened
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #617 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 20:08:55 »

basically, when a foreign runner runs a GB with EVE, they sign off the rights for EVE to run a chinese GB, so that's why this happens sometimes

this is not the first or only time this has happened

i see that now, very weird wont be joining any more buys eve picks up thats for sure, i get that some people will be getting them faster than us but customs and stuff should be held out till you fill your obligation to the host of people making it happen not a single sole user because he is your friend. Again im not even in a rush for these, its just infuriating not getting any sort of update for months on end then people get stuff that we were told would take more time before we got the stuff they claimed was "Already completed" and should ship out fast its pathetic in my opinion.
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 December 2018, 20:14:00 by Jkush463 »

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #618 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 20:16:43 »
According to ZF, the Chinese GB was only WKL in limited colors, the Chinese zf by page also said as much.
The pic on Reddit though, is a WK model in a color offered for the intl GB. It also seems to have some sort of a custom inscription on the back ??!

All said, the board looks nice, I just hope it ships soon.

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #619 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 20:28:11 »
Most likely a proto unit on reddit. And username checks out to be someone from PH, same as thesiscamper. Most of his reddit photos were variation of kiras too.

Would sincerely need an update by thesiscamper and zf on the buy progress since they aee the author and proxy for this.

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #620 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 21:09:48 »
Most likely a proto unit on reddit. And username checks out to be someone from PH, same as thesiscamper. Most of his reddit photos were variation of kiras too.

Would sincerely need an update by thesiscamper and zf on the buy progress since they aee the author and proxy for this.

yeah i suppose you are right,

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #621 on: Thu, 13 December 2018, 07:35:48 »
Rather than speculation and waiting for an official reply I went to ask zf on discord.

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #622 on: Thu, 13 December 2018, 15:02:36 »
Rather than speculation and waiting for an official reply I went to ask zf on discord.

Show Image

Thanks for the update :)

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #623 on: Thu, 13 December 2018, 16:14:10 »
Hope that includes all colors and layouts lol

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #624 on: Thu, 13 December 2018, 16:45:46 »
sweet thanks Mikiberry, thats much appreciated.

Offline razor_blade

« Reply #625 on: Sun, 23 December 2018, 14:29:16 »
I need a matching numpad. I'm hoping I get a shot at one...

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #626 on: Mon, 24 December 2018, 06:14:17 »
Kind of a stupid question, but does zFrontier have a discord server?

Offline King4477

« Reply #627 on: Mon, 24 December 2018, 07:51:31 »
I need a matching numpad. I'm hoping I get a shot at one...

I sure hope I get a shot at one, also. Especially so since I paid for extra Kira S plates and PCBs a few months ago during the Kira 80 group buy. 

Kind of a stupid question, but does zFrontier have a discord server?

+1 would like to know.

Offline Choppersuey

« Reply #628 on: Thu, 27 December 2018, 01:36:28 »
Any updates regarding shipping date?

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #629 on: Thu, 27 December 2018, 03:04:08 »
so.... i thought everything should be ready before christmas, and what now? new year? I think this is the most-rude GB i've ever participated in, if it had delayed for others, they would at least post infos regarding that  :mad:

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #630 on: Thu, 27 December 2018, 03:36:27 »
so.... i thought everything should be ready before christmas, and what now? new year? I think this is the most-rude GB i've ever participated in, if it had delayed for others, they would at least post infos regarding that  :mad:

welp google captcha fked me on the Jane.  :( :(

Back to Kira then.

Eve has a history of delays (meteor is currently behind schedule), Kira has an estimated ship target of December. How likely are we going to receive Kira before CNY late Jan 2019.

Kinda guessed as much, considering eve's history

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #631 on: Thu, 27 December 2018, 07:53:35 »
Can we get an update on this please.

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #632 on: Thu, 27 December 2018, 09:14:55 »
Went to ask ZF again.

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #633 on: Thu, 27 December 2018, 09:15:41 »
Doesn't eve ship directly to buyers?

Offline kokugatsu

« Reply #634 on: Thu, 27 December 2018, 09:25:52 »
nice, though I believe they genuinely forgot to open the intl GB for Kira S

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #635 on: Thu, 27 December 2018, 09:58:04 »

I dunno lol. Not the runner.

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #636 on: Thu, 27 December 2018, 13:29:57 »

Don't think so, 'cause Eve doesn't understand much English I believe.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #637 on: Thu, 27 December 2018, 19:56:12 »

I believe that's why zFrontier is doing the buy, but this is fantastic news. Starting to get a little more excited ;D

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #638 on: Fri, 28 December 2018, 04:13:54 »
Went to ask ZF again.

Show Image

so when is the expected shipping date now? lol

Offline ullr

« Reply #639 on: Fri, 28 December 2018, 15:58:14 »
For the record I'd also be interested in a Kira S

But only if this ever ships lmao

Offline SBN

« Reply #640 on: Fri, 28 December 2018, 19:19:00 »
Good to hear anything, even if it’s through a third party and over a discord message... Feels kind of strange for a big vendor to communicate next to nothing, especially if there is some confusion (black/back weight) and delays of the GB.

Anyway...i still hope the Kira S is happening! :P

Offline yap68

« Reply #641 on: Sat, 29 December 2018, 02:29:32 »
Even though I am quite sure shall reiceive my Kira, Meteor and GMK Phantom eventually, still not happy with the way zFrontier handling customers with near zero updates.

Shoud really think twice joining their next GB unless it is ready stock.
« Last Edit: Sat, 29 December 2018, 02:46:34 by yap68 »

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #642 on: Sat, 29 December 2018, 11:01:02 »
Even though I am quite sure shall reiceive my Kira, Meteor and GMK Phantom eventually, still not happy with the way zFrontier handling customers with near zero updates.

Shoud really think twice joining their next GB unless it is ready stock.

yup i dont understand it either for big vendors like eve or zfrontier to be handling things this way;; and while these kinda gbs happenin, they still getting new gbs on their website when they are on their limit lmao.

Offline King4477

« Reply #643 on: Sun, 30 December 2018, 23:25:48 »
Has anyone been able to confirm if the Kira S is going to be offered to US customers? If it is not, then I do not have much reason to stay in this GB. zF has ignored my 4 emails over the last two months.

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #644 on: Thu, 03 January 2019, 22:40:24 »
So have the boards shipped yet?

Offline razor_blade

« Reply #645 on: Thu, 03 January 2019, 23:26:39 »
Latest from zFrontier:

209905-0

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #646 on: Fri, 04 January 2019, 00:38:47 »
Cries. My pad is delayed lol.

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #647 on: Fri, 04 January 2019, 05:30:49 »
Latest from zFrontier:

(Attachment Link)

......they told us they would ship it before the Christmas tho  :(  and in terms of "very soon", how soon? :blank:

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #648 on: Tue, 08 January 2019, 13:31:25 »
For sure the last time I buy anything off of zfrontier,.... their lack of any customer service at all is beyond pathetic. No updates for 3 months, all emails ignored. Only way you can get ahold of these clowns is tracking them down on discord.... pathetic.

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #649 on: Tue, 08 January 2019, 21:10:00 »
Honestly, with GB's, I almost always expect delays and while it's hard to admit, I guess I just have to expect that GB runners in general will just be unresponsive, for some reason. Even so, it's incredible irksome that this is the standard. I get that they must be busy and all but posting takes less than a few minutes and if even that is too much, a company like zFrontier should at least be able to delegate someone to respond for them. It's pretty crazy that all our updates for this board (not cheap) are from other members asking them on other mediums. Come on. A lot of people joined this buy after the first one fell through because of the idea that the boards were already produced and ready to be shipped. I am fine with the delay considering the PCB issues but to not even be told that directly is frankly quite insulting. So I'll ask again if there is anyone from zFrontier reading this thread: When is the new expected shipping date?