Author Topic: [GB] KIRA80 & KIRA S  (Read 275173 times)

Offline xoxox1029

Re: [GB] KIRA80 & KIRA S - cancelled, refunds in progress.
« Reply #700 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 05:48:46 »
Update: Unfortunately I don't think zF was able to ship any kits, the only thing Alex said was that the violet, red, gray and black kits should be ready for shipping.

As for the color issues, it's mostly the blue kits and I've attached a couple of photos of the two Pearl Blue kits with different shades. EVE said the original guy who mixed the dyes was laid off and that the dyeing pool was also renewed. I'll be waiting for zFrontier's reply on what they plan to do with these kits. The caps on the kits in the photos are from SA by the Sea.

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

thanks for the update! so how long should we wait longer now that none of them has been shipped?

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #701 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 07:18:16 »
Update: Unfortunately I don't think zF was able to ship any kits, the only thing Alex said was that the violet, red, gray and black kits should be ready for shipping.

As for the color issues, it's mostly the blue kits and I've attached a couple of photos of the two Pearl Blue kits with different shades. EVE said the original guy who mixed the dyes was laid off and that the dyeing pool was also renewed. I'll be waiting for zFrontier's reply on what they plan to do with these kits. The caps on the kits in the photos are from SA by the Sea.

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

thanks for the update! so how long should we wait longer now that none of them has been shipped?

It’s gonna have to be after CNY

Offline sanryu

« Reply #702 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 23:58:15 »
KIRA TKL!!!!
i got it~~!!
and I participated through China. So there is a backplate.

212434-0
212436-1
212438-2

Offline proboy84

« Reply #703 on: Fri, 08 February 2019, 00:07:30 »
KIRA TKL!!!!
i got it~~!!

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Poseidon Blue?

Damn can't wait for mine

Offline sanryu

« Reply #704 on: Fri, 08 February 2019, 00:13:06 »
KIRA TKL!!!!
i got it~~!!

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Poseidon Blue?

Damn can't wait for mine
yes poseidon blue. nice choice

Offline Choppersuey

« Reply #705 on: Fri, 08 February 2019, 00:49:09 »
Very nice! How heavy is it? (With and without backplate)

Offline sanryu

« Reply #706 on: Fri, 08 February 2019, 00:57:21 »
Very nice! How heavy is it? (With and without backplate)

About 3kg except PCB
Backplate Included

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #707 on: Fri, 08 February 2019, 01:54:38 »
wait so the chinese gbs are being shipped, and when for international ugh can't wait for my premium red kira tkl :)

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #708 on: Fri, 08 February 2019, 02:18:23 »
Oh man... I can't wait for mine. I've been looking forward to this board for so long.
pls gief bbv2

Offline Nigolski

« Reply #709 on: Fri, 08 February 2019, 06:03:42 »
KIRA TKL!!!!
i got it~~!!

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Is there something engraved on the backplate?

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #710 on: Fri, 08 February 2019, 13:18:58 »
KIRA TKL!!!!
i got it~~!!

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Looks amazing! Did you grab the Kira S also? Bummed we missed that as international buyers.

Edit: Imagine Poseidon Blue TKL with Nautilus Nightmares ;)
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 February 2019, 12:24:01 by Bubblegum »

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #711 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 14:45:58 »
When does CNY celebrations end? Are they going to be shipping immediately after?

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #712 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 18:32:07 »
When does CNY celebrations end? Are they going to be shipping immediately after?

Could have swore it ends on the 13th or 14th but got shipping notification from KBDfans on the 9th ((Guessing just a shipping label)) as far as when these will ship, I have no idea but figured could least help out a bit.

Offline sroop

« Reply #713 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 18:34:45 »
It ends on the 19th but businesses might be back before then.

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #714 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 20:17:38 »
just hoping they wouldn't make any excuses like "we haven't organized and packed them yet" after the CNY....

Offline sanryu

« Reply #715 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 06:49:04 »
more photo by my friend
213009-0
212985-1
212983-2
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 February 2019, 11:13:35 by sanryu »

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #716 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 08:24:12 »
more photo by my friend
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

now that makes me wanna keep the kira for long... but just one question, does all the color come with that raw-aluminum look-alike backplate? honestly tho it would have looked way better if that thing was brass/gold instead of silver.... i ordered a premium red so the silver is not gonna match with it either ugh.....

Offline sanryu

« Reply #717 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 10:29:00 »
more photo by my friend
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

now that makes me wanna keep the kira for long... but just one question, does all the color come with that raw-aluminum look-alike backplate? honestly tho it would have looked way better if that thing was brass/gold instead of silver.... i ordered a premium red so the silver is not gonna match with it either ugh.....

Did you order from China? I can not be sure that you have a backplate that you ordered from an English site. And red and silver are going to go well.

« Reply #718 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 05:01:50 »
Anyone that actually got red numpad willing to part with it? Mostly ordered this tkl since there was going to be a matching numpad but it never showed up on the english site...

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #719 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 03:04:33 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Any word on the Poseidon Blue? Same problems?

Alex said they're not good, but I didn't get photos for comparison. He also said Pearl Blue WKL kits are fine probably because they were made earlier.

Dang, I'm in for a poseidon blue one... Anything more known? What are the next steps? Do some boards need to go back for anodising?
pls gief bbv2

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #720 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 03:10:03 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Any word on the Poseidon Blue? Same problems?

Alex said they're not good, but I didn't get photos for comparison. He also said Pearl Blue WKL kits are fine probably because they were made earlier.

Dang, I'm in for a poseidon blue one... Anything more known? What are the next steps? Do some boards need to go back for anodising?

I haven't heard from zF since their CNY break, I'll let you know when I get an update.

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline ullr

« Reply #721 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 06:41:54 »
He also said Pearl Blue WKL kits are fine probably because they were made earlier.

How can the pearl blue WKL's be fine if the photos of the two different colors are both WKL? I must be missing something

Also as an aside literally every single time I read this thread title I think the GB got cancelled again for a split second...

Offline kokugatsu

« Reply #722 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 08:42:31 »
Looks like people from China have received their orders before CNY, incl. KIRA S

http://www.zfrontier.com/post/detail/12369

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #723 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 13:44:25 »
He also said Pearl Blue WKL kits are fine probably because they were made earlier.

How can the pearl blue WKL's be fine if the photos of the two different colors are both WKL? I must be missing something

Also as an aside literally every single time I read this thread title I think the GB got cancelled again for a split second...

The bottom on is WK, top is WKL - but I'm still bothered by the pics since the WK one is closer to the original promoted "pearl blue" color and the WKL which is supposedly "fine" looks almost purple by comparison.  I sent Alex another email about the pics but still haven't heard back - though to be fair I sent it in the middle of CNY.  I'll be disappointed if that's the actual color of the WKL pearl blue, though.  >_<

Looks like people from China have received their orders before CNY, incl. KIRA S

Show Image

This one looks nice!

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #724 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 19:27:50 »

Show Image

Interesting. Well, on one hand it's somewhat understandable, with it being domestic and all, but at the same time it feels a bit unfair that there are a bunch of people who have already received theirs while we don't even get an official update...

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #725 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 19:56:24 »

Show Image

That back engraving looks really good (that blog looks pretty lit too lol). Hopefully we're still getting that. Besides zFrontier being horrible with their updates. I'm sure we'll be getting these soon.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #726 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 20:23:14 »

Show Image

Interesting. Well, on one hand it's somewhat understandable, with it being domestic and all, but at the same time it feels a bit unfair that there are a bunch of people who have already received theirs while we don't even get an official update...

board is made by EVE, china GB was closed before international GB even started
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline vafan

Re: [GB] KIRA80 & KIRA S
« Reply #727 on: Thu, 21 February 2019, 09:25:17 »
Well, one more Kira keyboard had delay :D

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #728 on: Thu, 21 February 2019, 10:50:34 »
I like the title change

Offline sanryu

« Reply #729 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 11:06:35 »
red kira
213638-0
213640-1

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #730 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 13:14:20 »
so.... when are we able to get an update regarding shipping? I am really hoping I can get them during March..

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #731 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 20:24:11 »
Are the pictures of the red overexposed or over saturated ? Or is that some knockoff SA carbon bonekit ? The key caps don’t look the right color, which makes me distrust the color of the case !

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #732 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 01:31:44 »
im pretty sure they are either over saturated or exposed or both.... the color on the keycap doesn't seem accurate, and the light shine on the plate is too bright. I have contacted zfrontier before regarding colors and alex told me the colors on premium red and poseidon blues are the ones with most accurate color matching with the photos on GB page.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #733 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 18:52:30 »
FYI: Alex hasn't gotten back to me, still waiting for an update.

Offline enfer

« Reply #734 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 13:11:36 »

They are really irresponsible people.
If they have difficulties to answer, they just ignore the mail.

I sended email which want to get information of kira tkl over ten times for three month.
so? I can't get anything. Except Just auto reply. It is really funny.

It is comedy that I join another zf GB already. :p

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #735 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 21:04:05 »

They are really irresponsible people.
If they have difficulties to answer, they just ignore the mail.

I sended email which want to get information of kira tkl over ten times for three month.
so? I can't get anything. Except Just auto reply. It is really funny.

It is comedy that I join another zf GB already. :p

yeah..... the team is not to be trusted of  :( the GB has been delayed for 4 months without an official update/announcement, how could the GB organizer just ignore us until now hm... I wonder if they could even ship in March. Hope they wouldn't make excuse again like "we haven't packed them yet" or something

Offline Max_P0

« Reply #736 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 02:22:26 »
I sent them an email in January and then patiently waited because of Chinese New year and I still have not heard from them.

At this time, I am thinking of engaging my Credit Card company and get my money back.

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #737 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 03:04:57 »
I sent them an email in January and then patiently waited because of Chinese New year and I still have not heard from them.

At this time, I am thinking of engaging my Credit Card company and get my money back.

is that even possible? I've been honestly thinking of refunds since january since this is not what the GB organizers should do to the participants....
GB: "We need some attention & money for this project!" -> Participants: "here you go :)" -> GB: (ignore)
 :( never should they act this way...

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #738 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 03:08:19 »
I would give another week since some folks take long long time off during CNY.

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #739 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 03:34:47 »
I guess kira is arriving for participants of chinese proxy, as i see more and more post regarding kira tkl on zfrontier. I don't know how to attach photos on geekhack so I am linking it: https://www.zfrontier.com/post/detail/12522
but woah.... the color is way off from what we saw from GB page, it's like a gmk necro now  :-X

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #740 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 13:03:22 »
I guess kira is arriving for participants of chinese proxy, as i see more and more post regarding kira tkl on zfrontier. I don't know how to attach photos on geekhack so I am linking it: https://www.zfrontier.com/post/detail/12522
but woah.... the color is way off from what we saw from GB page, it's like a gmk necro now  :-X

yeah that's really off...thank the heavens I got grey.

Offline Nigolski

« Reply #741 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 13:23:54 »
wonder how lavender violet turned out

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #742 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 14:49:51 »

Offline ullr

« Reply #743 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 01:52:59 »
As a guy who ordered wkl pale blue, I would be happy with any color at this point. I like the more saturated purple hue, but the lighter blue will probably match the set I intend for it better. I just want my keyboard.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #744 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 17:10:46 »
Still no word from zF. I'll let you know as soon as I hear from them.

edit:
I just got word from a vendor that zF is actually back working on their group buys now, I still haven't heard from them directly.
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 February 2019, 18:25:55 by thesiscamper »

Offline SBN

« Reply #745 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 01:00:18 »
Ha! I actually didn’t pick red because I didn’t want the restrained color...and now it’s the full out bright red I originally wanted...

Picked the blue because I thought the weight will be silver...guess I didn’t have luck with the colors in this GB.

But we will see how it turns out in the end, hopefully it will look nice and will grow on me :)

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #746 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 02:33:15 »

Picked the blue because I thought the weight will be silver...guess I didn’t have luck with the colors in this GB.

But we will see how it turns out in the end, hopefully it will look nice and will grow on me :)

You and me both, my dude!  That latest linked pic of the pearl blue actually looks closer to the original color than some of the other pics we've seen - at least IMO anyway.  That's an encouraging sign!

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #747 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 09:09:04 »
Ok its March, no more CNY excuses. Hard to believe it was originally scheduled for November 2018...

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #748 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 09:42:19 »
Ok its March, no more CNY excuses. Hard to believe it was originally scheduled for November 2018...

exactly...
-I participated in this gb as my birthday present, thinking it will arrive near the date, then it was delayed,
-then they told us they will ship before christmas, but it got delayed again.
-then changed my mind and thought "maybe i can wait for them as mt new-year gift"=nope
-januaray->february passes by, then they told us they will try to ship before CNY=nope (haven't even packed them yet)
-now what? no official announcement, nor an update on zfrontier page, no email/message replies. honestly tho, i know both the company preparing or proxy are well-known so im not worried of getting scammed, but really tho they are acting exactly similar to how other scammers would do.
If I can't get them in March, I will have to find with bank or etc. for refund  :mad:
(P.S I hope there's some kinda rating system so we could rate them with stars or numbers according to their services, so i can give a 1 out of 5 star for them)

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #749 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 17:52:29 »

Most studios delay, so it is not uncommon to say the very least. Part of the motivation for me to work with AirPotter from Gray Studio with my own project is that he pushes hard and rarely delays.