Author Topic: How do SP-SA keycaps compare to GMK in terms of color/legends?  (Read 4827 times)

Offline fuzzybaffy

So I purchased my first set of GMK keycaps a couple of weeks ago (Sky Dolch), and I was simply amazed by the crispness of the legends and pop of the colors (the Cyan legends are incredible).

I definitely caught the group-buy/GMK bug (ordered a set of Oblivion from the recent GB), so naturally, I'm also looking at SA keycaps from SP. How do the SA keycaps compare in terms of quality of legends and color?

At least from the screenshots and youtube videos I've seen, it still seems like GMK has the edge, but I can't be sure, so... Any thoughts/opinions?

Offline rinkaan

Re: How do SP-SA keycaps compare to GMK in terms of color/legends?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 05 July 2019, 06:24:20 »
I love the GB that zambumon ran for the chocolatiers, which was a SA set by SP (I believe it was SP). I think it was also as crisp.. But given the profile, I tink GmK would be better for typing. Somehow SA on my gateron blacks just seems a bit wandering. Not complaining since gaterons are quite value for money. If u like the looks of older typewriters then SA is the way to go I feel... Else for constant typing for long hours, I tink GmK wins out. But both are equally thick so no light passes thru from the Led, so I like both of them on this aspect.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Offline Surefoot

Re: How do SP-SA keycaps compare to GMK in terms of color/legends?
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 11 July 2019, 03:48:08 »
I have the SA Honeywell set from SP. It's very high quality, makes a satisfying thock sound, and looks amazing. No complaint on the quality of the double shot legends, they are perfectly crisp and clear, and colors are rich and full.
SA profile needs some time to get used to, but after a while it grows on you...