Author Topic: Cherry MX Green vs Cherry MX Blue  (Read 104133 times)

Offline jooks1184

Cherry MX Green vs Cherry MX Blue
« on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 14:50:28 »
Has anyone had the chance to compare cherry blues and cherry greens? Thinking about buying a quickfire rapid with greens and wanted to see if anyone had an opinion on them. Thanks and any help is much appreciated.

Offline Ahlitah

Re: Cherry MX Green vs Cherry MX Blue
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 14:54:04 »
Greens are much better then Blue's.

Nice and Heavy.

Much like Blues with Black Springs (Ghetto Greens) but feels slightly heavier.

Offline jooks1184

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 14:55:10 »
Hmm......I think I might give them a try then. Thanks for the quick response.

Offline Terrorsathan

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 14:57:38 »
Neither is "better'' than the other... when are people going to learn it is all preference.

Offline Ahlitah

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 14:58:10 »
Give them a try!

You'll love em!

The Clicks on Greens are also slightly more deep.

Really Fun to type on compared to plain ole Blues!

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 15:00:27 »
Dont forget that it's also a personnal preference. Blue and Green (clicky) is the same as red and black (linear). Blue and red have a light spring while green and black have a heavy spring. So in the end it's what you prefer, that's why there's so many different switch.

So the greens may be much better for someone, and worse for another compared to blue.
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 15:00:37 »
Greens are just blues in a different color with a stronger spring.  Since the spring is part of what creates the click, the click is a little stronger too.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline jooks1184

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 15:10:21 »
Now that I think about it, I previously bought a ducky shine with blacks and wasn't a fan of it. Since Greens are going to be heavier than Blacks, think I might  hold off and get a blue switch. I currently use a Cherry brown Leopold and like the feel. Thanks for the response everyone.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 15:10:52 »
I don't think I've heard of anyone who tried greens and did not like them.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline alaricljs

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 15:11:10 »
*raises hand*

course, I didn't like blues much either.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 15:19:56 »
*raises hand*

lol isn't that mx green on your avatar?

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 15:40:16 »
I don't think I've heard of anyone who tried greens and did not like them.

People who hate Model M's.
Please let us know when you find them, so that we can enroll them in our re-education camps.
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 15:49:13 »
The trouble with Heavy Switches, is that they're only great for when your hands are "warm"...

but when you are tired or very focused on Gaming, your hands get cold, and

the tendons in your hands seize up. This is when lighter switches would be better.

Offline jooks1184

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 15:53:56 »
Huh. That's very interesting. I've actually noticed my performance in games varied when the temp in my room was warm or cold. BTW, I decided to get a CM Quickfire TK w/ Blues. Thought I'd get a MX Green board later. Also, since there are very few reviews on MX Green switches, I'll make a video review of Mx Greens.

Offline alaricljs

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 15:55:27 »
lol isn't that mx green on your avatar?

It's pretty and I built it.  But it was never mine.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 16:58:03 »
*raises hand*

LOL ok.

Reminds me of that bit in Monty Python where Reg asys something like "There isn't a man here amongst us who wouldn't risk his life for the cause".  A hand tentatively rises at the back of the room and a weedy voice says "Er, perhaps one ...".  Reg replies "Ok, one then, but apart from that, we're solid!"
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 17:13:27 »
*raises hand*

LOL ok.

Reminds me of that bit in Monty Python where Reg asys something like "There isn't a man here amongst us who wouldn't risk his life for the cause".  A hand tentatively rises at the back of the room and a weedy voice says "Er, perhaps one ...".  Reg replies "Ok, one then, but apart from that, we're solid!"

what cause do you speak of.

Offline jabar

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 17:27:00 »
Dont forget that it's also a personnal preference. Blue and Green (clicky) is the same as red and black (linear).
Red vs. Black provides a very similar typing style. You'll still bottom out easily on Blacks as Reds. Not so much on Greens, whereas Blues bottom out with every keypress.

Maybe this analogy is more accurate:

Red:Dark Grey::Blue:Green
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 17:28:52 »
I tried greens and didn't like them.  This is coming from an avid Model M/F fan.  I also find blues annoying, but whites are more tolerable.
Russ

Offline jooks1184

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 18:10:23 »
Just 2 days after coming back to geekhack, I've ordered a quickfire TK (MX Blue) and a Unicomp Classic. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME GEEKHACK?????????............ty.  ;)

Offline jooks1184

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 18:13:14 »
Oh, and I also ordered some PBT keycaps from the classifieds.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 18:28:37 »
Oh, and I also ordered some PBT keycaps from the classifieds.

Welcome back to religion

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 18:29:07 »
*raises hand*

LOL ok.

A bit off topic, so I will keep it short.  In Life of Brian where Brian is trying to join the People's Front of Judea.  I think that was it.

Offline 1391406

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 18:40:11 »
Unicomp Classic | Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blues) | IBM Model M (1391401) | IBM XT Model F | IBM AT Model F | Dell AT101W | 122-key IBM Model F
IBM Model M13 | Apple Extended Keyboard | Apple Extended Keyboard II | MTEK K104 | NTC KB-6251/2 | Realforce 87U | Realforce 104U | Type Heaven

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 18:48:27 »
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline alaricljs

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 20:18:30 »

A bit off topic, so I will keep it short.  In Life of Brian where Brian is trying to join the People's Front of Judea.  I think that was it.

That's the Judean Peoples Front.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 20:40:39 »
What people who don't like MX Greens drive:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=_bIn_ZgHJaE
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 20:47:11 »
Do any boards come stock with greens? I love the thought of slightly heavier blues, but I'm not sure I trust myself enough to custom install switches or anything of that sort.

Offline jooks1184

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 20:55:36 »
cooler master has a quickfire rapid with mx greens. on the cm store.

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 21:16:45 »
cooler master has a quickfire rapid with mx greens. on the cm store.

Sweet, I may just have to get that. Been wanting to compare the Filco and CM boards anyway.

Offline dachef

« Reply #31 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 22:14:11 »
I prefer blacks over reds, so I always thought I would like greens over blues.  Does that logic sound right to anyone else?

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 22:33:07 »
I think the different actuation points can also be a huge factor. The blue's actuation point is about a third to half way down while the green's are near the top. For this reason, I feel like the click feels more crisp on the blues than on the greens (which is a bummer), but that's just me. However, I still prefer the greens because of the stiffer springs.

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 22:34:16 »
I think the different actuation points can also be a huge factor. The blue's actuation point is about a third to half way down while the green's are near the top. For this reason, I feel like the click feels more crisp on the blues than on the greens (which is a bummer), but that's just me. However, I still prefer the greens because of the stiffer springs.

I'm pretty sure this isn't the case.  The design of the stems appear identical to me.
Russ

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 22:57:50 »
I'm pretty sure this isn't the case.  The design of the stems appear identical to me.

Agreed, I knew the stems are identical (thank you, ripster's images) but what I said earlier was because I do feel that the actuation seems to comes faster with my greens, which may purely subjective; because of the stiffer springs in the greens, I tend to feel less key travel before actuation because I'm pressing with more force and less control. While on the blues, because of the lighter springs, I can more easily control how much strength I put into my key press. I guess I should have clarified :P

For the sake of rough keyboard science, I just got out a ruler and roughly measured the key travel before actuation on both keyboards and I observed that there is about 2mm travel on my blues before actuation, and similarly for the green about 2mm. Can't say for exact but take it for what it is :P
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 January 2013, 01:14:51 by VesperSAINT »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 18 January 2013, 00:38:35 »

Agreed, I knew the stems are identical (thank you, rip****) but what I said earlier was because I do feel that the actuation seems to comes faster with my greens, which may purely subjective; because of the stiffer springs in the greens, I tend to feel less key travel before actuation because I'm pressing with more force and less control. While on the blues, because of the lighter springs, I can more easily control how much strength I put into my key press. I guess I should have clarified :P

For the sake of rough keyboard science, I just got out a ruler and roughly measured the key travel before actuation on both keyboards and I observed that there is about 2mm travel on my blues before actuation, and similarly for the green about 2mm. Can't say for exact but take it for what it is :P

Is rknize really "ripster"? why is he a mod if he was banned.??

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 18 January 2013, 00:41:14 »
I prefer blacks over reds, so I always thought I would like greens over blues.  Does that logic sound right to anyone else?

NO, this logic doesn't always translate.

Say you like big breasted women....

Do you also like Big Bellied women?

Certainly no...

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 18 January 2013, 01:13:39 »
Is rknize really "ripster"? why is he a mod if he was banned.??

Oops! No, he's not; I meant to type "ripster's pictures" :P

NO, this logic doesn't always translate.

Say you like big breasted women....

Do you also like Big Bellied women?

Certainly no...

LOL!
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 January 2013, 01:16:34 by VesperSAINT »

Offline tauburn

« Reply #38 on: Fri, 18 January 2013, 20:20:35 »
does anyone game with greens? also are there any keyboard other than the cooler master that comes with greens?

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 18 January 2013, 20:27:32 »
does anyone game with greens? also are there any keyboard other than the cooler master that comes with greens?

I have gamed with my greens plenty of times because I can't be bothered to take out my reds. I think they are significantly better for gaming than the blues because of the stiffer springs but personally still prefer linear switches for gaming. I currently own a Ducky 9008 G2 Pro Limited Edition with greens but I believe they are currently out of stock.

Offline tauburn

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 18 January 2013, 20:34:19 »

I have gamed with my greens plenty of times because I can't be bothered to take out my reds. I think they are significantly better for gaming than the blues because of the stiffer springs but personally still prefer linear switches for gaming. I currently own a Ducky 9008 G2 Pro Limited Edition with greens but I believe they are currently out of stock.

hmm. yeah im not sure which switch to get at this point. i want the greens but theres only one keyboard that has them. i dont want to swap out the switches of another keyboard.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #41 on: Fri, 18 January 2013, 20:55:04 »
hmm. yeah im not sure which switch to get at this point. i want the greens but theres only one keyboard that has them. i dont want to swap out the switches of another keyboard.

What do you mean by not wanting to "swap out the switches of another keyboard"? I think the MX Green is an overall great switch for gaming and typing, and if anything, they're just really fun. If you don't mind a mildly stiff switch, this will be great for you. I can understand your hesitation though with all this talk about messed up clicky switches and all :P

Offline Game Theory

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 18 January 2013, 20:59:18 »
Why not buy a couple of switches to compare?  http://deskthority.net/marketplace-f11/cherry-mx-taking-pre-orders-t2760.html

Its not the same as a full keyboard but easier to test.

<-still undecided between blues and greens
... he's just a poor kid from the stupid ages.
Realforce 104UG | Realforce 91U | IBM SSK | IBM 5251 BeamSpring | IBM Model F XT |  IBM Model F AT | IBM SSK | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX Blue) | KMAC LE (MX Green)| Northgate Omni Key 101 | Avant Stellar Prime

Offline tauburn

« Reply #43 on: Fri, 18 January 2013, 21:02:05 »

What do you mean by not wanting to "swap out the switches of another keyboard"? I think the MX Green is an overall great switch for gaming and typing, and if anything, they're just really fun. If you don't mind a mildly stiff switch, this will be great for you. I can understand your hesitation though with all this talk about messed up clicky switches and all :P

i meant. say i want a filco with green switches. such a thing doesn't exist so i would remove all the switches and solder in the greens. my problem is that i don't want a CM trigger. which is the only keyboard with greens atm.

Offline jabar

« Reply #44 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 16:17:06 »
i meant. say i want a filco with green switches. such a thing doesn't exist so i would remove all the switches and solder in the greens. my problem is that i don't want a CM trigger. which is the only keyboard with greens atm.
Trigger and the Quick Fire Rapid feature MX Greens, so you're not stuck with the Trigger's extra keys if you don't want them.

http://www.cmstore-usa.com/quickfire-rapid-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-green-switch/
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline Dreadwyrm

• typemaster wannabe
« Reply #45 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 16:20:51 »
I'm torn between blues and greens as well... I always felt that the blues are a bit too light for me, but I don't want to buy a whole set without trying them. The matter is really urgent, I've got to decide before the Massdrop group buy for ErgoDox finishes.

I've got blues and blacks at hand - how close is a ghetto green to a real green?

Das Model S Ultimate

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #46 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 16:37:52 »
Black springs are lighter and much better than real green in my opinion. Green is truly the clicky grey and have the same springs of about 80cN no the same ones as blacks which are about 60cN. Blues are about 50cN.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #47 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 16:49:08 »
I tried greens and didn't like them.  This is coming from an avid Model M/F fan.  I also find blues annoying, but whites are more tolerable.

I too like BS boards, but I don't like blues. Seems kinda odd, but I guess BS boards are clicky AND tactile where blues are just clicky with little tactile feedback
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Dreadwyrm

• typemaster wannabe
« Reply #48 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 16:50:31 »
Black springs are lighter and much better than real green in my opinion. Green is truly the clicky grey and have the same springs of about 80cN no the same ones as blacks which are about 60cN. Blues are about 50cN.
I don't know what to dooooo...  :'( It's so hard to make a decision without actually having the chance to try the product.

Das Model S Ultimate

Offline jabar

« Reply #49 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 16:51:29 »
I'm torn between blues and greens as well... I always felt that the blues are a bit too light for me, but I don't want to buy a whole set without trying them. The matter is really urgent, I've got to decide before the Massdrop group buy for ErgoDox finishes.

I've got blues and blacks at hand - how close is a ghetto green to a real green?
Well, what do you plan on doing with the keyboard? For gaming, sustaining Greens is a workout for one's fingers. For typing, you will be able to type easily without bottoming out as the force curve gets real tough past actuation. As such, I love greens for typing. I do like gaming with Blues, but the lighter springs of Reds are the best.

Phantom 7bit