Author Topic: b.fake and issue with the backspace key also hitting escape  (Read 992 times)

Offline phosphoric

b.fake and issue with the backspace key also hitting escape
« on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 20:39:31 »
i have a b.fake i ordered from aliexpress (after lunarisdream decided to ignore every one of my pms about the defective pcb i ordered, bundled in my tric60 order) and i just finished putting it together. i flashed firmware using wkl's bootmapper client (currently on 1.2.4), but it seems that i'm having an issue with the backspace key - that is, pressing the backspace key seems to hit both backspace and escape.

it's erratic and entirely arbitrary; pressing the backspace key seems to work normally at times, while at other times it presses both keys. it happened more regularly in firmware 1.3.0 but after flashing 1.2.4, the issue went away for a little bit.

i really doubt it's a hardware/soldering issue because the double-trigger only seems to go one way (hitting the switch assigned to escape doesn't also hit backspace). however, i'm totally not an electrical engineer, so let me know if this type of behavior could be indicative of crossed leads. i bring this up as a possible (even if unlikely) culprit because every time the problem is triggered, it hits whatever is assigned to both switches.

the in-switch leds also will not shine at full brightness when in normal keyboard mode, but this isn't as important of an issue.

thanks for reading. pls help me
Let's get this straight. There is nothing cool about keyboards we're all lame as fk.

speak for yourself

Offline phosphoric

Re: b.fake and issue with the backspace key also hitting escape
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 21:36:06 »
nevermind please delete this stupid thread the case was causing a short
Let's get this straight. There is nothing cool about keyboards we're all lame as fk.

speak for yourself