Author Topic: [SOLD] NIB Lexmark branded M-122s, $70 shipped  (Read 2159 times)

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
[SOLD] NIB Lexmark branded M-122s, $70 shipped
« on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 15:54:48 »
Lexmark NEW Computer Keyboard Model M C3229A PN1428260

Lexmark-branded M-102s are rare enough. This is only the 2nd time I've seen 122s for sale—and these are NIB, so they seemed worth bringing to your attention.

And because these are later-model terminal emulation boards, not plain terminal boards, they're PS/2 and can be used directly with modern PCs (straight to PS/2 or with an active USB converter).

In case you have trouble reading the listing (only the left half of it is appearing here in Chrome, so I had to Select All and paste it into an editor), here's the crucial line:

"Model M buckling spring keyboard new in original box with assorted new cables and 4 pin mini-din male connector."

The AC cables that were bundled with this board indicate it was part of a system package. (I have yet to see a keyboard that requires one.)
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 May 2017, 05:36:42 by ander »
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline JP

Re: NIB Lexmark branded M-122s, $70 shipped
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 13:28:51 »
I've been looking for this style of keyboard. Too bad I somehow missed this post.
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 14:38:15 »
Also kinda rare to see lock lights on an M122.

Tbh though, although it's not as cool as the IBM logo, Lexmark's wasn't too shabby either.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 21:42:25 »

Tbh though, although it's not as cool as the IBM logo, Lexmark's wasn't too shabby either.

I didn't even notice the lock lights :eek:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 05:38:35 »

Hey, you're right! Could these be the only 122s with LEDs? I don't remember ever seeing them on others... Now I wish I'd gotten one.

Wonder why Lexmark included them? The terminal OSs always indicated lock status onscreen, didn't they? Wasn't that why 122s didn't need lights?
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg