Author Topic: Anodizes 60% (right?) IQKB 62 massdrop  (Read 1731 times)

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
Anodizes 60% (right?) IQKB 62 massdrop
« on: Sat, 29 April 2017, 11:15:01 »
What you guys think? I want a HHKB-like 60% with blacks/reds.. is this good quality or cheapo cheapo?

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/iqkb-62-key-mechanical-keyboard?mode=guest_open
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline Tactile

Re: Anodizes 60% (right?) IQKB 62 massdrop
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 29 April 2017, 11:37:54 »
I think that board is not programmable and the odd layout means you can't cover it with a standard set of keycaps. I think the Pok3r would be a much better choice. But I don't know what "HHKB-like" means to you so maybe the Pok3r isn't what you want.
REΛLFORCE

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 29 April 2017, 12:00:58 »
I think that board is not programmable and the odd layout means you can't cover it with a standard set of keycaps. I think the Pok3r would be a much better choice. But I don't know what "HHKB-like" means to you so maybe the Pok3r isn't what you want.

Good points, yeah I guess I should go for the pok3r. Only thing that I don't like about the poker is that by default I can't access '~' and the ijkl for arrow keys throws me off.

And I don't want to map the keyboard manually using keystrokes, I want to use software for that.

That's what I dislike about the pok3r.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline ctm

• Hello, world!
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 08:50:06 »

Good points, yeah I guess I should go for the pok3r. Only thing that I don't like about the poker is that by default I can't access '~' and the ijkl for arrow keys throws me off.

And I don't want to map the keyboard manually using keystrokes, I want to use software for that.

That's what I dislike about the pok3r.
Go for a fully programmable board like GH60. Firmware level programmability is real programmability.
TMK Alps64 w/ Matias Quiet Switches in KBP V60 case.
Infinity60 with SKCM Orange Switches w/ TMK.
CM Storm QRF w/ Frosty Flake controller, Cherry MX Blue Switches and TMK firmware.

Coming:
Ellipse Model F F62.