Author Topic: TKG - TMK Keymap Generator [tkg.io] (no need to compile the firmware)  (Read 55886 times)

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
Re: TKG - TMK Keymap Generator [tkg.io] (no need to compile the firmware)
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 13:58:16 »
It runs on a m32u4 so, theoretically, it could run on QMK as well. Do you know if the matrix is available to download anywhere?
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline BrintaVett

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 14:08:52 »
Do you mean the code that you see in KLE under Matrix Mapping?

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 14:10:50 »
Do you mean the code that you see in KLE under Matrix Mapping?
No, I mean the wiring of the switch matrix to the MCU, with that, I could write you a QMK firmware.

Offline BrintaVett

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 14:24:24 »
Well in my search to find other ways to program this board I did find some guys who wanted to do it with QMK but I haven't found anyone or any topic with that information unfortunately...

I Came across this thread but no conclusive information: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/xd84-custom-mechanical-keyboard-kit/talk/1820518

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 14:32:03 »
Sorry to take it back but, by the look of the schematics, that's too complicated for me to write a code.
I'm looking at your layout.

Offline BrintaVett

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 14:41:42 »
Should I give this a swing?:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=82505.0

Edit: n.v.m. it's only for flashing hex file.

This might be a stupid question, but could the problem be that I also have my current keyboard hooked up to my pc? Or shouldn't that matter?
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 February 2018, 15:05:49 by BrintaVett »

Offline yangdigi

« Reply #56 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 19:30:11 »
Yes I noticed the Pause button as well and adjusted it but without succes. I'm thinking something must be wrong with the drivers of the board or something but I can't figure out what. I've added screenshots maybe that helps to see if I'm doing something wrong? Thank you for your time, much appreciated!
At your last, use online reflash(just click burn.eep) instead of downloading eep then reflashing with tkg-toolkit. Maybe kimera-core.hex in your tkg-toolkit is out of date. If you still want to use tkg-toolkit, try to down the newest version from https://github.com/kairyu/tkg-toolkit

Offline BrintaVett

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 04:15:59 »
Yes I noticed the Pause button as well and adjusted it but without succes. I'm thinking something must be wrong with the drivers of the board or something but I can't figure out what. I've added screenshots maybe that helps to see if I'm doing something wrong? Thank you for your time, much appreciated!
At your last, use online reflash(just click burn.eep) instead of downloading eep then reflashing with tkg-toolkit. Maybe kimera-core.hex in your tkg-toolkit is out of date. If you still want to use tkg-toolkit, try to down the newest version from https://github.com/kairyu/tkg-toolkit

Well that's the weird thing; I thought this board was Kimera-Core, but the TKG Toolkit recognizes it as Kimera. Maybe I made a mistake with the first time flashing and that caused the problems. I'll try to do it again with the newest TKG Toolkit, try to flash kimera-core.hex instead of kimera.hex, and see how it works out

Offline BrintaVett

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 05:51:02 »
Okay, so I tried to flash kimera-core.hex instead of kimera.hex but then the board isn't find by Windows. As long as I keep it on Kimera the board registers keys and is found by Windows as a keyboard. But when I drag my own made keymap.eep in the reflash.bat, it looks like it's going well but in the end weird things happen: my Home button registers as spacebar, my Z is nowhere to be found etc. So it looks like the layout still isn't what it should be.

I Don't know if the screenshot from TKG gives any useful info?
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 February 2018, 07:24:42 by BrintaVett »

Offline BrintaVett

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 24 February 2018, 15:27:58 »
Thanks to everyone who tried to help me out. I Decided to let it go for a while and tried again tonight on a Windows 7 machine and somehow I got it to work now with my own lay-out!

Will try again later with added Fn keys to control the LED's. Cheers!

Edit: ........it doesn't work on my Windows 10 machine. Sigh....

Edit 2: I ended up re-installing Windows 10. Apparently I managed to replace HID drivers with WinUSB drivers which caused all the problems. Took a while but all is working now.
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 February 2018, 10:15:51 by BrintaVett »

Offline rubensasa

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 06 August 2019, 09:58:44 »
Hi there, I have some problems with Spanish-ISO layout, in XD64.

I try using the my old KB to add the keys charset I want.

This layout 223901-0

Code: [Select]
["Esc","!\n1\n\n\nF1","\"\n2\n\n@\nF2","·\n3\n\n#\nF3","$\n4\n\n~\nF4","%\n5\n\n\nF5","&\n6\n\n¬\nF6","/\n7\n\n\nF7","-\n8\n\n_\nF8","(\n9\n\n\nF9",")\n0\n\n\nF10","?\n'\n\n\nF11","¿\n¡\n\n\nF12",{w:2},"Backspace\n\n\n\nFn7"],
[{w:1.5},"Tab","Q","W\n\n\n\n↑","E\n\n\n€","R","T","Y\n\n\n\nCalc","U","I\n\n\n\nIns","O","P\n\n\n\nPSc","^\n'\n\n[\nScrLk",{a:0},"*\n+\n\n]\nPus\nBrk",{x:0.25,a:4,w:1.25,h:2,w2:1.5,h2:1,x2:-0.25},"Enter"],
[{w:1.75},"Caps Lock","A\n\n\n\n←","S\n\n\n\n↓","D\n\n\n\n→","F","G","H","J","K","L","ñ","¨\n´\n\n{\nHome",{a:5},"ç\n}\n\n\nPgUp"],
[{a:4,w:1.25},"Shift","<\n>","Z","X\n\n\n\nApp","C\n\n\n\nFn2","V\n\n\n\nFn1","B\n\n\n\nFn3","N\n\n\n\nVolDn","M\n\n\n\nVolUp",";\n,\n\n\nMute",":\n.\n\n\nEnd",{w:1.75},"RShift\n\n\n\nPgDn","↑\n\n\n\nFn8","Del\n\n\n\nFn4"],
[{w:1.25},"Ctrl",{w:1.25},"Win",{w:1.25},"Alt",{w:6.25},"Space","Ralt","Fn0","←\n\n\n\nFn5","↓\n\n\n\nFn7","→\n\n\n\nFn6"]

An this is the error i try to fix.
223903-1

Thanks for all.

Offline lukemunozic

• none
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 10:17:25 »
How do I use this with USB2USB option and a 26 key numpad ?

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Offline Prelim

2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline asgeirtj

« Reply #63 on: Sat, 13 January 2024, 05:24:56 »
the site is most often down these days tkg.io any other way to flash my red scarf iii keyboard? don't find any solution anywhere!  :-[
Leopold FC900 w/ 67g Purple Zealios - Silver Duck Octagon w/ 62 Purple Zealios

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #64 on: Sat, 13 January 2024, 17:22:06 »
the site is most often down these days tkg.io any other way to flash my red scarf iii keyboard? don't find any solution anywhere!  :-[

Man is this a throwback! IIRC I used QMK toolbox to flash my Redscarf II+, but I can't remember for the life of me how I got the hex file for it. I vaguely recall using the raw data from KLE & either the TMK or QMK configurator site to do it, but I could be thinking of another keyboard. https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=69282.0 This thread seems to have some info on alternate ways of programming the RSIII, hope it helps some!