Author Topic: Controling volume with teensy 2.0.  (Read 1398 times)

Offline DonnyD

Controling volume with teensy 2.0.
« on: Fri, 09 February 2018, 03:46:28 »
I am building custom hand-wired keyboard with teensy 2.0 and I have that kinda crazy idea of putting media keys where my thumb would rest ( on the side of the keyboard, roughly where space would go). And I need help figuring this out. Is it possible to wire potentiometer to control volume, if i already wired keyboard to teensy ? Or use keys ? I would be much more elegant solution to use potentiometer for volume, it just feels natural, and it may give a better look to keyboard with volume knob.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Controling volume with teensy 2.0.
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 09 February 2018, 04:40:27 »
A potentiometer won't work as it can get out of sync with on screen volume controlls, instead you would need a rotary encoder which spins endlessly.  I think these need custom code but if any firmware is going to support one it would be QMK so please check before believing me.

Alternately you can use keys to change the volume, or you could wire up any DPDT (on)-off-(on) switch in place of a traditional keyswitch.  Maybe something like this rocker which would look cleaner and be less easy to hit by mistake as it's short?
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod