Author Topic: [IC] H1 Linear Switch by HHHH - In-Stock Sale Tomorrow  (Read 95761 times)

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
[IC] H1 Linear Switch by HHHH - In-Stock Sale Tomorrow
« on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 08:11:41 »
Hi everyone, I am posting this on behalf of HHHH (or QUAD-H, or Salamander guy, whatever you call him). This is his first switch, hence the name H1.

This switch has been in circulation throughout Korea. After sending samples to several people and gauging interest, HHHH would like to bring it to the western market.

This linear switch is extremely smooth. Sound tests are linked at the bottom of the post, and hopefully that gives an idea of the smoothness.

The spring is a custom 78g gold plated spring, weighted to HHHH's preferences.

These are NOT ordinary JWK linears; HHHH worked with JWK and modified existing molds to his specification.

He has told me that he wanted a switch that felt similar to vintage Cherry MX Blacks, and in my opinion, he has successfully captured that smoothness.

The switches will come with a very small amount of factory lube applied to the stem.

I can attest that these are some of the smoothest linears I've tried, with an extremely nice, thocky sound profile. My sound test will come after I actually use my samples in a board.

HHHH wanted me to clarify this: in China, there is a very similar switch being produced that is essentially a clone of the H1. HHHH created this switch first, and he wanted to make this clear to avoid any confusion.

Leave any questions down below, and either I or HHHH will answer it.

TLDR:
Top: Polycarbonate
Bottom: Polyamide (which is essentially nylon)
Stem: POM
Spring: 78g
Vendors: Novelkeys, MyKeyboard, iLumKB, DailyClack, letsgetit.io (HHHHH's store for Korea and neighboring nations) and (NEW) ApexKeyboards!
Estimated price: $6.00 (could be more in some regions with import tax etc)
In-stock sale - NOT a group buy

Sound tests:
t=102s

Timeline:
12/19 - First samples recieved
1/20 - Sale in Korea started
2/8 - IC posted

« Last Edit: Tue, 21 April 2020, 15:19:30 by eniigma »

Offline ttom

• Formerly tvaro
Re: [IC] H1 Linear Switch by HHHH
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 08:14:04 »
interested, any pricing estimate?
Hoarder Collector and designer

Classifieds

Offline renolo

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 08:14:27 »
HHHHYPE
Doritos, Cheetos, or Fritos.

Offline nickaster1

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 08:15:12 »
I can still remember the first time I hear the name on Nathan’s stream: Hinghinghonghing

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 08:17:20 »
interested, any pricing estimate?
Not decided yet. I will update when I have details on pricing.

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 08:21:57 »
Interested if the pricing is in line. Will keep an eye out.

Offline Sycomore

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 08:23:33 »
Always interested in hoarding more smooth linear switches. Pricing gotta be right after all, you've got the C3 Tangies out and they've got great smoothness for a very nice price.

Offline Myk!

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 08:27:09 »
Any photo of the switch?

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

Offline dyka.tran

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 08:28:41 »
Totally HHHHyped!

Offline gunchi

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 08:30:21 »
Interested - looking forward to see price estimates.

Offline KawabataLuis

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 08:33:48 »
really interesting depending on the price. Is there any possibility of sending some of these to some people to be compared with other switches? Wanting to get inks and put UHMWPE stems, but might get these instead. But would love some opinions over them from a variety of people.

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 08:37:09 »
really interesting depending on the price. Is there any possibility of sending some of these to some people to be compared with other switches? Wanting to get inks and put UHMWPE stems, but might get these instead. But would love some opinions over them from a variety of people.
You can compare the sound tests to other sound tests. Or, once I get back to my home, I can record a side-by-side between a few different linear switches.

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 08:38:46 »
Any photo of the switch?

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk
I forgot to take photos earlier, but they are an all black switch. Something you may find interesting is that the switches themselves are very shiny, and some may even say, slippery. The plastic is very smooth.

EDIT: added HHHH's proto to OP.
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 February 2020, 08:49:36 by eniigma »

Offline dyka.tran

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 08:41:23 »
You can compare the sound tests to other sound tests. Or, once I get back to my home, I can record a side-by-side between a few different linear switches.

Do you have any kb that has stainless steel plate to test this switch?

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 08:48:58 »

I don't own a stainless steel plate, no. Sorry about that. I will be rebuilding my Infinitum prototype with these switches with a POM plate in the coming weeks, if that's something you'd be interested in.

Offline YMwoo

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 08:52:47 »
2 questions:
- I'm in Korea but I don't know any local community. Is there anyway I can get it for local? instead of purchasing from overseas
- is it SMD LED compatible? since seems it's solid?

Offline hkiri

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 08:55:46 »
Always interested to try out new linears.
But in the end the price is the deciding factor.

Offline spctr13

« Reply #17 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 09:01:52 »
Are these switches being manufactured in Korea? Also, which switch is essentially a clone of this switch? If the clone is a popular linear then I think I would be even more interested in getting some of these.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline vegs

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 09:02:07 »
Interested. HHHH is good guy
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline DJ Clicks

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 09:05:13 »
How does the smoothness and sound compare to the C3 tangerines v2, alpacas and inks?

Offline zurbo

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 09:09:35 »
Interested  :)

Offline ThereminGoat

« Reply #21 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 09:19:15 »
Talking about a Chinese clone, I'm sure you're likely talking about 43 Studios' Obsidian switch. However, according to 43's ZFrontier page, those are being sold with 62g gold plated springs rather than the 78g springs listed here for H1s. Do you have any commentary on if these are the clones being mentioned and if so, why the difference in spring weight?

Link to 43 Studios' Obsidian Switches:
https://www.zfrontier.com/post/detail/18102

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 09:27:01 »
2 questions:
- I'm in Korea but I don't know any local community. Is there anyway I can get it for local? instead of purchasing from overseas
- is it SMD LED compatible? since seems it's solid?
They are not being sold by HHHH at the moment for the time being, as he'd like to expand to other markets. You will have an opportunity to purchase them through the group buy.

Not sure about SMD, I don't remember so I will ask him.

Are these switches being manufactured in Korea? Also, which switch is essentially a clone of this switch? If the clone is a popular linear then I think I would be even more interested in getting some of these.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
It is being manufactured by JWK. See below for more clone switch info.

How does the smoothness and sound compare to the C3 tangerines v2, alpacas and inks?
The smoothness is comparable to Tealios, if not slightly smoother. The sound profile is deeper pitched than inks. Haven't tried alpacas and C3 tangerine v2s.

Talking about a Chinese clone, I'm sure you're likely talking about 43 Studios' Obsidian switch. However, according to 43's ZFrontier page, those are being sold with 62g gold plated springs rather than the 78g springs listed here for H1s. Do you have any commentary on if these are the clones being mentioned and if so, why the difference in spring weight?

Link to 43 Studios' Obsidian Switches:
https://www.zfrontier.com/post/detail/18102
HHHH didn't tell me exact details but looking at that page, I think he was talking about that switch.

Spring weight isn't too hard to change up in order to make a clone switch look "different". I would assume that is why the weights are different.
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 February 2020, 09:35:04 by eniigma »

Offline sivor

• I have no idea what I'm doing
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 09:29:36 »
Sounds great! Very interested in what price you will be targeting.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Offline renolo

« Reply #24 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 09:32:06 »
Yo Eniigma, any estimates for gb time rn? or is it too early to tell?
Doritos, Cheetos, or Fritos.

Offline nickaster1

« Reply #25 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 09:33:52 »
Are the switches using the hinghinghonghing springs? From the typing sounds, I think they sounds quite a bit like cherry mx. Very flat sound instead of high pitched and pressured like inks. Color me interested

Offline dyka.tran

« Reply #26 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 09:35:10 »

I don't own a stainless steel plate, no. Sorry about that. I will be rebuilding my Infinitum prototype with these switches with a POM plate in the coming weeks, if that's something you'd be interested in.

It's okay, I just wondered how the sound would be while typing on SS plate in comparison with aluminum plate. SS plate in a customed kb is quite rare these days. 

Offline Vireca

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 09:35:46 »
Another lineal oh god... I think its time to make a good tactile ffs

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 09:36:51 »

A bit early, yes, but hopefully in the next couple of months. Depends on a number of factors, including the coronavirus outbreak.

Are the switches using the hinghinghonghing springs? From the typing sounds, I think they sounds quite a bit like cherry mx. Very flat sound instead of high pitched and pressured like inks. Color me interested

The springs have been tuned to HHHH's spec, and he was going for a vintage MX Black-like switch anyways, so that explains the nice sound profile.

Offline nickaster1

« Reply #29 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 09:39:14 »

A bit early, yes, but hopefully in the next couple of months. Depends on a number of factors, including the coronavirus outbreak.

The springs have been tuned to HHHH's spec, and he was going for a vintage MX Black-like switch anyways, so that explains the nice sound profile.
Yeah scrap that I’m in

Offline dyka.tran

« Reply #30 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 09:53:22 »
The smoothness is comparable to Tealios, if not slightly smoother. The sound profile is deeper pitched than inks. Haven't tried alpacas and C3 tangerine v2s.

Superb!

Superb x2! BTW, are the springs from the Chinese switch-maker itself? Not from third side (such as some famous Korean spring-makers)?

Offline goddream

« Reply #31 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 09:54:38 »
DailyClack for Aus vendor please!!
Rei XT-60 | Endash | KHDD | Jinsoul | Tengu | PC Dolphin | Nunu | Hyphen | Mc65 | Unikorn | Dahyun | CARDBORD

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #32 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 09:55:55 »
Any price estimate on these?
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline nickaster1

« Reply #33 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 09:58:58 »
How about putting HHHH on the switchtop? Wouldn’t that be a big selling point?

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #34 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 10:02:14 »

Superb!

Superb x2! BTW, are the springs from the Chinese switch-maker itself? Not from third side (such as some famous Korean spring-makers)?
Not Gon springs, but afaik, not OG HHHH spring manufacturer as well. JWK is handling the production, but the springs are tuned to HHHH's preferences, so it will feel very similar, if not identical.
Any price estimate on these?
Nothing final yet, but price will be as low as possible.
How about putting HHHH on the switchtop? Wouldn’t that be a big selling point?
This is a good idea; I will talk to him about it.

Offline keyberzerker

« Reply #35 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 10:19:02 »
Interested!

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #36 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 10:29:46 »
Very interested

Gesendet von meinem H8416 mit Tapatalk

Offline bit-shifter

« Reply #37 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 10:37:35 »
Yes please, assuming reasonable price and quantities!

Cheers!

Offline dantambok

« Reply #38 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 10:39:13 »
very interested. i need some nice switches  :thumb:
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #39 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 11:08:40 »
Hopefully prices will be in the $0.55 mark. With the flood of super high quality linears, I don’t think you can ask for much more to be competitive.

Offline d00deitsnik

• Grails: SA Olivia, 1800 w/ only Latriualum keycaps
« Reply #40 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 12:10:05 »
Yoooo. This sounds pretty dope!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #41 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 12:21:03 »
I’ve tried 5 different type of JWK switches and they all needed switch films to keep the top housing from rattling.  Any chance you could convince them to get that addressed?   :p

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #42 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 13:24:21 »
Interested. I've been wanting to make hirose clone with vints, but this would (presumably) be cheaper and easier to obtain.

Offline thejuicebox

« Reply #43 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 13:27:39 »
switches sound great, consider me interested!

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #44 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 13:52:14 »
"This linear switch is extremely smooth. Sound tests are linked at the bottom of the post, and hopefully that gives an idea of the smoothness."

lolwat

anyway, I'll try em, bring the GB

Offline Iksion

« Reply #45 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 14:00:16 »
Intersted. Will be waititing for a GB :D
KBD75v1 | Kira | Melody96 | TX75v2 | TX-CP | hbcp | Keycult No.2 rev.1 | NK65 | Duck Octagon v3 | Percent Volt | TX65v2 | KY-01 | Sunsetter | Mr. Suit | J-01 | Dolphin 2021 | Phase One 65 | KBD8x Mark ii

Offline Nevermore012

« Reply #46 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 15:13:52 »
sound test is awesome, looking to the GB soon, and I am thinking this switch housing with new invyr stem :))))

Offline carlouws

« Reply #47 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 15:43:24 »
Super interested. At the right price I will buy 200-300 of these.

Offline ThePanduuh

• Discord @ThePanduuh#0001
« Reply #48 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 15:49:12 »
As long as these are priced alongside the other JWK switches, I'll probably buy some. heavy boi springs though wew
Bias BE | Polaris | Frog | Matrix 8xv2.0 Add | Iron165 SE | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | Cypher

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 15:59:23 »
Very interested as I'm kinda sick of all the cutesy colored switches (especially with linears) TBH. It would definitely be a huge plus if HHHH got the tightness of the top housings fixed with his design here. Either way count me in for at least batch or two!