Author Topic: Key-chattering.  (Read 2897 times)

Offline Fragil1ty

• Abre los ojos.
Key-chattering.
« on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 17:42:50 »
Hey guys, just a quick post really.

I've made a small little website over at: http://hotkey.danielclarke.co for users such as myself who have issues regarding key-chattering and key-bouncing.

These files are very hard to find now considering the main website that used to provide the site has closed down and the files have just 'disappeared'.

So yeah, just thought I'd bring this to anyones attention that may be suffering from such a thing.
你搞砸了

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
Re: Key-chattering.
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 17:44:20 »
My new LZGH suffers from it horribly.  I can't see your link from work but I will check it out, whatever it is, from home tonight.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 18:03:01 »
My new LZGH suffers from it horribly.  I can't see your link from work but I will check it out, whatever it is, from home tonight.

and here i thought everything LZ made was quality and worth it's ridiculous price /s
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 18:05:32 »

and here i thought everything LZ made was quality and worth it's ridiculous price /s

Decent troll attempt, 6/10.  LZ made the aluminum and steel case, which I can confirm is a high quality product.  I haven't been able to determine if it is the switch or the PCB responsible, but it's usually the switch.  I'm not sure if the PCB is doing enough debounce, though.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 11:03:14 »
I don't know that I've run into this before. Can you provide a bit more information as to what the issue is? Is it a feel issue, an audio issue, or both?

Offline Fragil1ty

• Abre los ojos.
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 14:05:57 »
Key-chattering/key-bouncing is when you are typing and then occasionally or frequently you will type one key and it will produce two, for example:

You type: I'm walking the dog and it will produce = I'm wwalking the ddog.
你搞砸了

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 14:10:15 »
Key-chattering/key-bouncing is when you are typing and then occasionally or frequently you will type one key and it will produce two, for example:

You type: I'm walking the dog and it will produce = I'm wwalking the ddog.

That's a really good description.  On my keyboard, the 'v' key seems to be an issue, so I get a lot of double-pastes, which totally sucks.

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 14:15:49 »
Did you add o-ring recently? I got this issue with a few keys when I add o-rings to thick pbt. I had to push the o-rings in more deep to get rid of it.
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 14:17:20 »
My logitech scissor switch did this and that's what got me into mechanicals to start with.

Offline Fragil1ty

• Abre los ojos.
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 14:20:13 »
Did you add o-ring recently? I got this issue with a few keys when I add o-rings to thick pbt. I had to push the o-rings in more deep to get rid of it.

I added o-rings with 0.2mm thickness to both my black and cherry keyswitches, but because the keycaps on the noppoo are quite thin, it doesn't work too well on the noppoo and it makes the keycap not sit on the switch correctly, so it's a bit of a problem sadly :/.

I could essentially take all of the keycaps off the keycool, apply o-rings and put them onto the noppoo, but it's just hassle at this point. I find myself switching back and forth in terms of keyboards, as I've ordered a new keycool 84  /w reds that should be arriving within 2 weeks.
你搞砸了