Author Topic: logitech g9x or razer imperator  (Read 7415 times)

Offline LEGITBALLIN

logitech g9x or razer imperator
« on: Thu, 17 November 2011, 11:01:52 »
they are obth the same price obn newegg which is better
V-tec just kicked in yo\'

fossala

« Reply #1 on: Thu, 17 November 2011, 11:17:22 »
Have you just go paid or something? So many products you want, so many threads.

Offline LEGITBALLIN

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 17 November 2011, 12:15:09 »
it was my birthday i just want feedback on some items

Offline slueth

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 29 November 2011, 01:50:53 »
I got a tron mouse from razer and I owned a g9x.  The logitech is a pretty solid buy, but my wrist was getting owned using it.  Lets see how this tron mouse goes :D.

Offline purple_haze

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 04 December 2011, 19:19:58 »
i use g9 all the way :)..
Das Keyboard Silent S MX Browns | Filco Majestouch 2 MX Browns | Filco Majestouch MX Blues TKL

Offline Creizai

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 24 December 2011, 16:58:30 »
Quote from: LEGITBALLIN;454061
they are obth the same price obn newegg which is better

The one you like better

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 24 December 2011, 17:14:27 »
I got 3x G9(x)s....little bit of a fanboy for them.

Offline Splatterpope

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 24 December 2011, 17:32:08 »
As far as a laser mouse goes, the G9/G9x were the best I've owned. That being said laser mice are terrible.

Offline LEGITBALLIN

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 24 December 2011, 21:02:05 »
eh i got a g500  during black friday i just forgot about this thread it was a steal for 35 and i think its good

Offline iamtwon

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 31 December 2011, 13:58:48 »
I have both, the Imperator has a hump where it should have a valley on the right side where your pinky/ring finger goes, its a big mistake imo, very fatiguing. The G9x will give more options in that it comes with the two different grips. I like them both (g9x body kits/grips) a lot. Believe it or not, I actually like the mouse without the body kit on it as well. FYI I use no weights, the mouse's weight with one of the grips is perfect.

I came from a Microsoft 1.1 before I landed on the G9x. I also have a Deathadder Black edition, Kinzu, returned a Xai, and recently put my hands on a Naga. All that said, I'll sell ya my Imperator :) I got it used, so I can let er go for real cheap so you can get your hands on it to see if it feels good, but seriously, grab the g9x. New condition cept for the box is pretty gross looking. Got it from Amazon warehouse deals, was probably a return.

A mouse I would probably love, but will not try due to no side buttons is the Abyssus. Razer is hit or miss with me, Imperator feels cheap, DA Black ed feels like they know how the hell to make mice. Still too big to glug around for SC2 though. Some pros love it though.

Bah just saw this was old, I don't read sometimes... maybe someone will find me useful. Good Day.
Sold: 6Gv2 Blacks, Filco 2 104 Browns, Leopold Tenkeyless Blues, Topre 87UB 55g

Have: Filco 2 Tenkeyless Blues, Topre 87UB 45g

Offline cheebs

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 07 January 2012, 20:40:35 »
Aren't you the guy that posted about pooping on something?  I would get the one that's easiest to dismantle and clean.

Offline NorrisB

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 07 January 2012, 21:51:52 »
I have Razer Death Adder 3.5G and its the best mouse Ive owned, Ive owned G500, Razer Krait and G9x, next best after deathadder is G500
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 January 2012, 22:01:02 by NorrisB »

Offline Creizai

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 15 January 2012, 02:11:01 »
Quote from: NorrisB;485699
I have Razer Death Adder 3.5G and its the best mouse Ive owned, Ive owned G500, Razer Krait and G9x, next best after deathadder is G500

Yeah I went to microcenter and picked up the Death Adder and G9x to battle them out to find out. I'm a hybrid claw palmer but I use fingertip alot with my mico for SC2.  So it was going to be interesting.
Coolness factor, G9x without the grips is so cash.
Tracking Death Adder is slightly better something felt off about the g9x.  I'm sure I could have gotten use to it though.
I can't claw the death adder, I just palm it which makes me turn lazy as **** in games.  I would say if your chill as **** person death adder is your mouse.  If your a A.D.D as **** you'll prefer the g9x without grips.
G9x grips suck ****, just off balance as ****. I really really wanted the g9x, but it couldn't beat the Mico in SC2 or my Intellimouse 1.1a for CSS.

Offline NewbieOneKenobi

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 15 January 2012, 11:37:55 »
I have a G9X and I love it but, to be honest, I'm not sure it is an upgrade from the old A4-Tech X-478K (a Deathadder clone in shape etc. while having the same sensor Logitech's 518 did, or very similar; max real dpi is 1600 and 3200 interpolated) in terms of subjective feel. I may have fallen victim of the "need to upgrade" twitch. In the beginning, I was all crazy about the new mouse and it seemed to have superior handling and whatever. Like I was a klutz with the old one. However, after several months of using the new one exclusively, it feels like the old one may actually be lighter and more manoeuvrable. This makes me think that one shouldn't overthink mice.

By the way: the mouse is heavy. Heavier than int should be. And I'm talking before adding the weights. The grips aren't that spectacular. Precision grip is the one I use because I can't give up the superior precision compared to the other grips that have superior comfort. By other grips, I mean the supplied "wide load" grip and the separately bought "ID grip". Wide load is kinda palmer, ID is total palmer, although you can claw either of them. Precision is basically a fingertipper, except the mouse is so heavy it forces you to rest more than just your fingertips on the mouse. Gripless is great, especially for fingerip and especially so for the reduced weight, but it's too narrow for me at that point (I have big palms), which results in a specific sort of pain. I don't think the off-centre sensor placement is all that great, although it may depend on the angle at which you operate the mouse, as in when you hold it diagonally, which is the only way I can hold it without it being too short for my fingers. Speaking of which, yeah, long fingers may be a problem.

Anyway, for RTS gaming you really need something small and operable, literally to be tossed around the pad like the Kinzu baby from Steelseries (regardless what you think about its sensor, and, by the way, Kinzu 2 is coming out soon, as is another new small optical from Steelseries, the Kana) or like the Zowie Mico mouse Creizai mentioned (which is based on Intellimouse). For the record, you actually could use an old Intellimouse with interpolation set in Windows or in games. Really, interpolation is doctrinally heterodox but it does not mess up your RTS gaming that much. In modern RTS, you need to be able to jump around like crazy and hit the right stuff but not to the point of single pixel correctness (while prediction, i.e. "upgrading" your movements to straight lines or round curves, or some kind of angle snapping, could hurt sometimes). Sometimes if you keep it real and use a tried and true old mouse with interpolation to make up for the bigger distances in HD res, it can have its rewards. And again, even using a very cheap Microsoft or Logitech office mouse, at 800 or 1000 dpi, with interpolation in Windows or in game if you prefer higher dpi (especially with a big screen resolution) may be very, very fine and completely enough for your needs. I honestly can't say that Logitech's cheap M90 is a bad mouse for gaming in this sense. In fact, I own an $3 mouse that's no worse than other gaming-graded mice (it actually is gaming graded itself... has rubber coating and red diodes around and all, even rather springy keys).

And as long as you don't need big dpi, you may really be better off skipping the gaming brands and finding a comfortable general use mouse, there being so many different sizes and weights and all that, that you may be able to find your ideal match more easily than in the gaming market. And without overpaying for stuff you don't need. This is what progamers used to be doing (until they became sponsored by mouse-making companies), using very basic mice like Wheelmouse Optical or Logitech Mini. Unless you do need plenty of buttons on the mouse, then you have a problem. And it would be cool if your mouse didn't have energy saving to turn the sensor off if you stop moving for like 30 seconds (which progamers don't do). But comparatively cheap A4-Tech's aren't really noticeably worse than pricy "gaming gear" if at all. Using the exact same sensors is a verifiable fact. Designs are self-evident. Quality of execution can be compared on your own if you pull it out of the box at the shop (if they let you).

One good thing about old optical is that you can use cloth pads, which is sometimes tricky (though by no means ruled out) with laser mice. Cloth pads are supposedly nicer to your palm. But the fabric is synthetic anyway, so it's not like you're stroking some natural cotton or anything like that. Might as well use plastic. Laser mice are supposedly better in terms of precise movements over small distances (e.g. marine micro in Starcraft 2). I think I can notice the difference but am not sure. In terms of subjective feel, I believe laser mice are sharper, while optical ones more fluid. But this is subjective and there's a ton of other factors to influence the outcome. I may well be imagining things.

Finally, if you're okay with the dpi, with the palm grip being basically the only option, and with it being an old product etc., you can try Steelseries Ikari, which is supposed to be a wonder to your palms.

Overall, G500 is a great mouse too, judging as far as I can without having held it in my hand, so you aren't in need of an upgrade. Just rambling for the benefit of anybody who may find this useful.
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 January 2012, 11:48:52 by NewbieOneKenobi »

Offline NorrisB

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 15 January 2012, 12:15:58 »
G500 feels like a Deathadder clone but the surface is slick not dull like the deathadder

Offline NewbieOneKenobi

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 15 January 2012, 12:21:40 »
Quote from: NorrisB;491086
G500 feels like a Deathadder clone but the surface is slick not dull like the deathadder

That may be subjectively better for some people. I remember a progamer using a special edition Xai (Steelseries product, same sensor as G9X) because it was slick plastic and not rough rubber coating. Some people are actually quite okay with the smooth plastic sticking to the hand or even like the feeling. I think I'm one of those people. ;) My favourite type of mouse is the old three-button stuff (or similar width with two buttons) with a long shape. This form factor lives on in the cheapest office A4-Techs, which are completely countercultural at this point. My favourite mouse ever has been A4-Tech 4D WWW mouse. It actually had a horizontal wheel (horizontally placed on the mouse). Ball mouse, yup.