Author Topic: [GB] KIRA80 & KIRA S  (Read 273675 times)

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
Re: [GB] KIRA80 & KIRA S - cancelled, refunds in progress.
« Reply #450 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 17:59:00 »
Where do you choose weight color/material?  I see in the description that it comes with the electroplated brass weight, so is it only the brass color?  I was hoping to get this pairing:

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #451 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 18:32:33 »
I chose pearl blue, but I won't be using the aluminum plate. I got an extra brass plate and I think I'm gonna have another special kind of plate for this board :thinking:

Were you already able to get the extra plate or PCB ? The parts seem not yet live - or am i missing something ?

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #452 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 18:34:45 »
Seeing as this was not done by Zfrontier, I was hoping that we would get free shipping, but alas.
The shipping info says that a shipping invoice will be sent separately... but anyway, I'm so happy that this is finally happening.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #453 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 18:36:20 »
I chose pearl blue, but I won't be using the aluminum plate. I got an extra brass plate and I think I'm gonna have another special kind of plate for this board :thinking:

Were you already able to get the extra plate or PCB ? The parts seem not yet live - or am i missing something ?

The link for extra plates and pcb is on the gb page, you just have you scroll down a bit

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #454 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 19:54:31 »
Sorry I can't confirm or describe colors relative to color names, I don't have color samples. I have a blue one at home but I'm not sure which blue that is.

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline Hamel

• KBDLAB
« Reply #455 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 19:56:25 »
Sorry I can't confirm or describe colors relative to color names, I don't have color samples. I have a blue one at home but I'm not sure which blue that is.
Thesiscamper, can you kindly your Kira80 despite the color just for the reference? :)

나의 SM-G950N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #456 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 21:39:00 »
I think I will just be safe and go with grey. Hopefully I won't regret it.

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #457 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 22:45:29 »
grey is a good safe bet, that goes with a ton of caps.
I think its also really shows the facets very well.

The only thing that turned me away from it was that I thought that the seam between the top and bottom was a little too apparent due to the light color. I could just be imagining it as well !

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #458 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 00:03:58 »

The only thing that turned me away from it was that I thought that the seam between the top and bottom was a little too apparent due to the light color. I could just be imagining it as well !

I'm just hoping the grey is similar to the MacBook grey.

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #459 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 00:12:07 »

You mean the dark, space grey of apple ? I could be wrong, but the grey looks very light , almost silver. The Poseidon blue however looks more like the apple space grey... at least that silver looking color is what I thought the grey was...

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #460 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 02:30:21 »

You mean the dark, space grey of apple ? I could be wrong, but the grey looks very light , almost silver. The Poseidon blue however looks more like the apple space grey... at least that silver looking color is what I thought the grey was...

No I don't think that silver is the grey that is being offered. In fact, I don't think silver is even an option in this buy. At any all this confusion just kind of goes to show that they should maybe have clarified which colors are which a bit better.

Edit: Actually, this has kind of got me thinking...that silver color might actually be the grey being offered. I really hope they can clarify some of this.
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 September 2018, 02:32:31 by Etherealsound »

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #461 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 02:47:52 »

No I don't think that silver is the grey that is being offered. In fact, I don't think silver is even an option in this buy. At any all this confusion just kind of goes to show that they should maybe have clarified which colors are which a bit better.

Edit: Actually, this has kind of got me thinking...that silver color might actually be the grey being offered. I really hope they can clarify some of this.

I was going by the order in which the colors were listed and the swatch below it.
Totally agreed, they should clarify the colors and perhaps post some more pics from the Chinese buy.  These pic actually look like their white balance is off and somehow overexposed ... something a bit off...

Then there’s the thing about the weight color. Pics show silver and gold weights, but no indication as to a choice....

Offline Hamel

• KBDLAB
« Reply #462 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 02:54:02 »

Just sent email to Alex@zFrontier if he can clarify the colors - knowing that colors except black and violet are near finish - by sending us some sample photographs, if possible.

Hope I can hear something back from him!

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #463 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 12:51:22 »
So I got a reply from Alex this morning with more info on poseidon. Hopefully I'm not bombing this thread with too many photos. It also appears that the moon grey actually is more of a silver color, as noted in one of the photos where it shows up with the poseidon in the background.

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #464 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 13:39:37 »
Super helpful !! Thanks !
I can catch a glimpse of the red in the last picture, and I feel like its darker/deeper(which I prefer) than the product shots on the website. The product shots seem very washed out and overexposed for some reason.

also - Posiedon "Blue" - I honestly cant see the blue here - maybe my eye s are going as well ! Oh well.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #465 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 13:49:30 »
So I got a reply from Alex this morning with more info on poseidon. Hopefully I'm not bombing this thread with too many photos. It also appears that the moon grey actually is more of a silver color, as noted in one of the photos where it shows up with the poseidon in the background.

Hnnng, starting to second guess myself, this blue is so nice

Offline vonswoopington

« Reply #466 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 13:57:09 »
I think I'll keep my order as Poseidon blue.  I really like the look of it!
TGR 910 Polycarb | TGR Alice | TGR Unikorn | Lyn EM-7 | VE.A | Kyuu | E7-V1

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #467 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 14:50:11 »
I can catch a glimpse of the red in the last picture, and I feel like its darker/deeper(which I prefer) than the product shots on the website. The product shots seem very washed out and overexposed for some reason.

also - Posiedon "Blue" - I honestly cant see the blue here - maybe my eye s are going as well ! Oh well.

I think it looks like there's a touch of green in there. Keeping my Poseidon Blue order, since it looks more unusual than the other colors. Not sure what keyset to pair it with. Was thinking Troubled Minds at first, but we'll see!

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #468 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 15:01:16 »

It's definitely not just you. It looks super grey with just a hint of green in some of the photos. As for that red, I don't think that's a Kira, the bezels are too thick and the corner is rounded.
At any rate, in my haste, I put in an order for moon "grey", thinking it was closer to a macbook grey. I wonder if I can still change...

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #469 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 16:13:12 »

I think it looks like there's a touch of green in there. Keeping my Poseidon Blue order, since it looks more unusual than the other colors. Not sure what keyset to pair it with. Was thinking Troubled Minds at first, but we'll see!
would Nautilus Nightmares work ? Or Modern Dolch ?

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #470 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 16:15:11 »

would Nautilus Nightmares work ? Or Modern Dolch ?
Modern Dolch if it doesn't have a green tint, normal Dolch if it does

Sent from my DREA100 using Tapatalk

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #471 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 16:19:15 »
As for that red, I don't think that's a Kira, the bezels are too thick and the corner is rounded.
Aha ! good catch ! I wish Zfrontier would update the product shots with less "touched up" versions. Something from a phone under natural light would be best.

At any rate, in my haste, I put in an order for moon "grey", thinking it was closer to a macbook grey. I wonder if I can still change...
I think you should be able to.
Have you emailed Alex again ? Do you know him or did you just reply to the priority buy link ?
If you do know him, could you please ask for a couple of shots of the red ? ;D

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #472 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 16:53:54 »
As for that red, I don't think that's a Kira, the bezels are too thick and the corner is rounded.
Aha ! good catch ! I wish Zfrontier would update the product shots with less "touched up" versions. Something from a phone under natural light would be best.

I think you should be able to.
Have you emailed Alex again ? Do you know him or did you just reply to the priority buy link ?
If you do know him, could you please ask for a couple of shots of the red ? ;D

I don't know him. I just replied to the priority email haha. I was really only interested in how the poseidon turned out so I only asked about that one. 

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #473 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 18:45:46 »
I just replied to the email as well asking for a few shots of the red.

Thanks !

Offline Create_alt_delete

« Reply #474 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 19:27:21 »

GMK Waves (still in IC) would go great with it!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline kokugatsu

« Reply #475 on: Sat, 29 September 2018, 00:11:12 »

It's definitely not just you. It looks super grey with just a hint of green in some of the photos. As for that red, I don't think that's a Kira, the bezels are too thick and the corner is rounded.

Same, having a lot of second thoughts right now. The "grey" seems a bit too light for my liking.

Offline Hamel

• KBDLAB
« Reply #476 on: Sat, 29 September 2018, 01:37:29 »
Since other members already shared photos from Alex,

I'll post one that seems to be omitted - Pearl Blue sample.

204579-0

Offline mathleejj

« Reply #477 on: Sat, 29 September 2018, 02:10:43 »
hmm... That Pearl Blue seems little different from the photos on the product page.. :(

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #478 on: Sat, 29 September 2018, 06:45:29 »
Any suggestions on which color would fit the SA Space Cadet / Symbiosis 2.0 keycaps well?
I think the blue is a bit too light to match that set?  :-X

Offline Hamel

• KBDLAB
« Reply #479 on: Sat, 29 September 2018, 08:12:24 »
Any suggestions on which color would fit the SA Space Cadet / Symbiosis 2.0 keycaps well?

IMO, if there were "Dark/Space Grey" available it would be the best match. However, I believe black could serve as an fair alternative.

204598-0

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #480 on: Sat, 29 September 2018, 08:14:03 »

IMO, if there were "Dark/Space Grey" available it would be the best match. However, I believe black could serve as an fair alternative.

(Attachment Link)

So there is a black variant available?
Sorry for the dumb questions but I can currently only see the colors on the chinese page and those that where posted here. :D

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #481 on: Sat, 29 September 2018, 08:35:31 »
Yes

(Attachment Link)

So there is a black variant available?
Sorry for the dumb questions but I can currently only see the colors on the chinese page and those that where posted here. :D

Sent from my DREA100 using Tapatalk

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #482 on: Sat, 29 September 2018, 11:46:32 »

(Attachment Link)

Yoooo this looks WAY different in product page...  if I wanted to change colors how would I go about doing that?  Just email Alex?

Offline Hamel

• KBDLAB
« Reply #483 on: Sat, 29 September 2018, 11:48:57 »

(Attachment Link)

Yoooo this looks WAY different in product page...  if I wanted to change colors how would I go about doing that?  Just email Alex?
i don't know if you can, but I would contact Alex; he was very promt and helpful with  inquiries.

나의 SM-G950N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #484 on: Sat, 29 September 2018, 12:09:31 »
60 units fcfs now live on zf.

Offline gutsack

« Reply #485 on: Sat, 29 September 2018, 12:10:59 »
Hit that buy button the moment they were available. Deep black, WK. EXCITED!

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #486 on: Sat, 29 September 2018, 12:13:23 »
Went for red, didn't wait around for the extra parts section to go live, was there any word on the PCB colour?

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #487 on: Sat, 29 September 2018, 12:15:03 »
Alex has been awesome in responding to emails about colors -
here is the red :

Offline vonswoopington

« Reply #488 on: Sat, 29 September 2018, 12:16:51 »
here is the red :
Hmm damn that red looks good. You think it will pair well worth red samurai?

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #489 on: Sat, 29 September 2018, 12:22:03 »
here is the red :
Hmm damn that red looks good. You think it will pair well worth red samurai?
I would imagine GMK burgundy would be a better match as red samurai is really dark.

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #490 on: Sat, 29 September 2018, 12:22:50 »
And I'm in!
Also ordered the SA Symbiosis pack on Kono.
Way too hyped right now :D

Offline Create_alt_delete

« Reply #491 on: Sat, 29 September 2018, 12:24:04 »
Has anyone emailed Alex to ask about the weight colors?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #492 on: Sat, 29 September 2018, 12:25:26 »
Yeah - Red Samurai should look good on it. I'm personally thinking either GMK Yuri or something light with red accents like Metaverse... have a lot of time to decide.
I dont have a red board and have long wanted one. The Kira's side facets look good in lighter/brighter colors IMO. I also get the appeal of the deep stealthy black with those sharp lines.

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #493 on: Sat, 29 September 2018, 12:35:18 »
just sent alex a message about weight colors well see what he says

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #494 on: Sat, 29 September 2018, 13:08:24 »
And I'm in!
Also ordered the SA Symbiosis pack on Kono.
Way too hyped right now :D

Congrats on your board and keyset! :thumb:

Offline sythie

« Reply #495 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 00:02:54 »
The poseidon blue looks very green to me.

How come the grey color used for the prototype in OP wasn't made available?

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #496 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 00:17:14 »
The poseidon blue looks very green to me.

How come the grey color used for the prototype in OP wasn't made available?
The original GB was cancelled, and a new vendor and manufacturer took over. The new team is offering new colors. The original prototype grey was not offered in the first attempt of this GB either.

Offline vonswoopington

« Reply #497 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 00:33:23 »
any update on the matching numpad?

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #498 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 00:35:03 »
any update on the matching numpad?

im curious as well, all i have gotten when i asked is its coming later.
« Last Edit: Sun, 30 September 2018, 00:36:38 by Jkush463 »

Offline distracteddev

« Reply #499 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 00:58:01 »
I'm so confused. Is there  going to be a new GB post when this is officially revived? Is it already revived and I should be throwing my money at someone?