Author Topic: [GB] Space65 - CyberVoyager | 65% Custom Keyboard (completed)  (Read 237424 times)

Offline KingsofLeon

No hot swap PcB option? If not which hotswap PCBs should I buy for this model?

Offline crzone

No hot swap PcB option? If not which hotswap PCBs should I buy for this model?
This has been answered in the IC thread FAQ, hotswap means a fixed layout and the goal was to provide more flexibility.

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
Is the Transparent (Acrylic) option for the badge frosted or completely transparent?

We made frosted transparent badges for Think6.5 and people seemed to like it, so most likely it will be slightly frosted.

Offline dannyny

We will also include a tweezer in the package for you, in case you do not have one to test the PCB prior to soldering.

A word of wisdom for all first time GB friends, always test the PCB before you solder the board. If there are any issues or dead keys with the PCB upon arrival of the board, please feel free to reach out to me via email and request a free replacement. Please do not solder before tweezer testing the PCB. Once soldered we, unfortunately, cannot provide free replacements.

We will also include a few pieces of back-up SMD LEDs in case the LEDs go out later.

Thank you for this!

Offline cda555

So I have a R1 space65 with YOK Holy red pandas and cf plate.  I love everything about it, but my wife said it is loud.  I was going to build this new version with Zilents (have them in my numpad) and take the panda version to work.  I live Zilents, but the pandas are a little bit more enjoyable for me.  Do you think the plate foam and the sound dampener will reduce the noise significantly enough to make some holy pandas less noisy? 

Offline thecyangiant

So I have a R1 space65 with YOK Holy red pandas and cf plate.  I love everything about it, but my wife said it is loud.  I was going to build this new version with Zilents (have them in my numpad) and take the panda version to work.  I live Zilents, but the pandas are a little bit more enjoyable for me.  Do you think the plate foam and the sound dampener will reduce the noise significantly enough to make some holy pandas less noisy?
The holy pandas get their signature sound from there length of the stem. I would assume that the noise dampening materials in this would reduce the echoey part of the sound but not the majority of the sound from where the stem hits the housing on bottom-out.
If you do use zilents my advice is to lube the legs as well as sliders, my zilents were pretty crunchy/grainy

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline guy0naBuffal0

Re: [GB] 65% Keyboard - Space65:CyberVoyager (Added build stream clips)
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 05 April 2020, 14:27:37 »
sweet, thanks! is the "A-Blue" color similar to the dark blue of Ocean? got a render of that one?

Got a color sample of the blue or pink LED Badges?

Here is pink, by the way this was an earlier prototype. Actual backside badges will be anodized alluminum.

Show Image

Offline cda555

Thank you for the response.  Is there a switch that you like that is relatively quiet.  It doesn't have to be as quiet as a Zilent, but just not as loud as a panda. 

The holy pandas get their signature sound from there length of the stem. I would assume that the noise dampening materials in this would reduce the echoey part of the sound but not the majority of the sound from where the stem hits the housing on bottom-out.
If you do use zilents my advice is to lube the legs as well as sliders, my zilents were pretty crunchy/grainy

I wonder, can i solder Kailh Hot Swap Sockets on the PCB? would there be any allowance issues between the PCB and the Vibration/Noise reduction pads?

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
I wonder, can i solder Kailh Hot Swap Sockets on the PCB? would there be any allowance issues between the PCB and the Vibration/Noise reduction pads?

Unfortunately you will not be able to use the Kailh ones, milmax sockets might work which has been discussed in the discord.

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 05 April 2020, 17:53:28 »
Didn't see if this was discussed in the IC, but are the pcbs compatible with R1? I might pick up a couple if they are (I already have 2 plates. I'd just like esd protection on the pcb).

Yes it will be compatible, the dimensions are the same, and the R2 PCB will have the ESD protection which is desired by many users from feedback we received.

Also, it will be purple color to make it cyberpunk-ish, and added C-C support, added reset button, improved LEDs, etc. Thank you!

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio

Alex on the build stream said the noise reduction pads seem to work to some degree. And if you choose the aluminum plate, the sound should not be as loud as CF plate in my own experience.

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #62 on: Sun, 05 April 2020, 18:01:32 »
sweet, thanks! is the "A-Blue" color similar to the dark blue of Ocean? got a render of that one?

Got a color sample of the blue or pink LED Badges?

Here is pink, by the way this was an earlier prototype. Actual backside badges will be anodized alluminum.

Show Image

It should be close to the Think6.5's dark blue, this is under ample sunlight. When the color matching during production is done, I will share pictures in discord, Instagram, and geehack.

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 05 April 2020, 18:05:43 »
Is there any chance we will see more renders of potential color combinations for the Schrodinger Mystery Box during the 2 weeks this GB is running?
And are those two colors that have already been leaked confirmed to be 100% in the pool for the Schrodinger option?

Hello, those two leaked ones are my priority because a lot of people like them. For the Schrodinger blind box pool, I may also try an all-black version with high-gloss chamfers, kind of like some iPhone chamfers. There are some other surface process technologies I would like to try, if successful and I am happy with, they will be put into the Schrodinger pool.
« Last Edit: Sun, 05 April 2020, 22:37:20 by AIRPOTTER »

Offline cda555

« Reply #64 on: Sun, 05 April 2020, 18:10:40 »
Didn't see if this was discussed in the IC, but are the pcbs compatible with R1? I might pick up a couple if they are (I already have 2 plates. I'd just like esd protection on the pcb).

Yes it will be compatible, the dimensions are the same, and the R2 PCB will have the ESD protection which is desired by many users from feedback we received.

Also, it will be purple color to make it cyberpunk-ish, and added C-C support, added reset button, improved LEDs, etc. Thank you!

Oh man!  Is it possible to add to an order for save on shipping?  I didn't know the PCB was compatible with r1 and would love to add an additional.  The extra PCB I currently have doesn't have functioning LEDs even after I tried soldering new ones. 

Offline thecyangiant

Thank you for the response.  Is there a switch that you like that is relatively quiet.  It doesn't have to be as quiet as a Zilent, but just not as loud as a panda. 

I think most non silenced tactile will be less noisy than the pandas, zeals might be a touch louder than others because of how aggressive the tactile event is, but shouldn't be as loud as pandas. You could try the qmx clips as a noise reducer. I find them to be less  mushy than o-rings.  I did run them on pandas for a while but imo it kinda ruined the joy of pandas.

Offline freespam

Can you post some front and side shots.  I like the board from the pics but I'm skeptical of the two tone.

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
Can you post some front and side shots.  I like the board from the pics but I'm skeptical of the two tone.

Here are some Alex took after the build stream:

Offline thecyangiant

If I was to buy two Schrodinger would there be any chance of getting the same clw twice? Or would I be guaranteed two different colorways?

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
If I was to buy two Schrodinger would there be any chance of getting the same clw twice? Or would I be guaranteed two different colorways?

You will be guaranteed different ones.

Offline thecyangiant

You will be guaranteed different ones.
Lol crap, now I'm contemplating giving you more of my money. If I do, can I pm you to add to my existing order?

Offline upintheclouds

Re: [GB] Space65:CyberVoyager | Discount code invalid?
« Reply #71 on: Mon, 06 April 2020, 02:22:53 »
When I put in the discount code I received in email I get an error message which says to use a valid discount code. It's not 7am CST, yet...

Offline pcire

« Reply #72 on: Mon, 06 April 2020, 02:33:12 »
When I put in the discount code I received in email I get an error message which says to use a valid discount code. It's not 7am CST, yet...

I get the same error.
Any idea potter or oldcat?

Offline jurisitum

What would be the delivery lead time right now?

Offline YMwoo

I get the same error.

I believe it should be CST as in China Standard Time, not US Central Standard Time

Offline crzone

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 06 April 2020, 07:08:24 »
Oh man!  Is it possible to add to an order for save on shipping?  I didn't know the PCB was compatible with r1 and would love to add an additional.  The extra PCB I currently have doesn't have functioning LEDs even after I tried soldering new ones.

I am also interested in this.

Offline yohannes

« Reply #76 on: Mon, 06 April 2020, 07:36:06 »

Aside from the pcb, is the r2 plate compatible w/ r1 as well?

Offline stevenT

I try to find on google without success, can someone tell me the difference between A-anode and E-electrophoresis in very simple way(as much as possible since I am not good at physics) ;D

Offline Slayer77

I try to find on google without success, can someone tell me the difference between A-anode and E-electrophoresis in very simple way(as much as possible since I am not good at physics) ;D
In basic terms, anodizing and electrophoresis are different methods of applying the cost of paint. It is hard to obtain lighter colors like white and yellow using anodization, hence electrophoresis is used. Electrophoresis can be a more expensive method too, so some gb runners charge more for e-white, E-green etc.

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Offline nettoxx7

« Reply #79 on: Mon, 06 April 2020, 13:00:56 »

I get the same error.

Another promo code was given on discord, try OLDCATSPECIAL

Unfortunately you will not be able to use the Kailh ones, milmax sockets might work which has been discussed in the discord.

Know which ones would work on it?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #81 on: Mon, 06 April 2020, 16:47:14 »

I believe so, and I will double check with Potter as soon as wakes up.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
What would be the delivery lead time right now?

3-5 months. I believe there were 2 Gray GBs shipped within 3 months in the past. Others have been taking longer but reasonable. Hoping for no errors in the process this time - any unforeseeable error can delay 1 month to correct.

Offline Agpatel

Can you provide more details on the extra LEDs  - just for repair if one of the surface mount ones go out? 

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #84 on: Mon, 06 April 2020, 22:02:28 »

Here to confirm that R2 plate is compatible with R1 as well.

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
Can you provide more details on the extra LEDs  - just for repair if one of the surface mount ones go out?

Extra SMD LEDs will be provided for free, in case your LED goes out later you can solder one on.

Offline yohannes

« Reply #86 on: Mon, 06 April 2020, 22:52:54 »

Here to confirm that R2 plate is compatible with R1 as well.

well noted w. thanks.

Offline rinkaan

just to check, if i want to ship to somewhere in china (foshan City in GuangDong) will it be cheaper?
and shld i make seperate arrangements to order via PM?

Offline FSund

The color chart seems to be missing the Bruce Lee option.

Is Bruce Lee e-yellow or anodized?
Join the Mechanical Keyboards Norway Discord server

Offline FaKe_VirTual

• * Maker
    • Virtual Designworks
Will it ship with a specifically designed box or does it come with the box, shown in Alexotos stream?

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
The color chart seems to be missing the Bruce Lee option.

Is Bruce Lee e-yellow or anodized?

Bruce Lee is e-yellow, it was included last minute due to some requests from users

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
just to check, if i want to ship to somewhere in china (foshan City in GuangDong) will it be cheaper?
and shld i make seperate arrangements to order via PM?

Hi yes for sure, please email me.

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
Will it ship with a specifically designed box or does it come with the box, shown in Alexotos stream?

My plan is to design a new box for this GB with a Cyberpunk theme

Offline Slayer77

Any updates on Schrodinger colors before gb ends?

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
Any updates on Schrodinger colors before gb ends?

There will be quite a few Schrodinger colorways. I may try this cream color as attached.

Is this right? the shipping is 40U$ for both US and Latin America

Do you state the full price on shipping manifesto or is there a way for you to declare something else? taxes are a ***** where i live
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 April 2020, 17:50:22 by FellTattooArtist »

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
By the way, the LED badge is magnetic latch-on.
And Alexotos will stream another build this weekend using Gateron Ink switches!
Modify message

Offline Charks!

Hi, i plan to grab a unit of Ocean...sorry to sound selfish but is there a valid discount code at the moment?

Thx in advance!

Offline styx_mka

;DOrdered EVA-01 kit already. I emailed you couple of days ago about my situation, may I trouble you to read it or leave your qq number or WeChat if you dont mind :D

Offline josh1

Anyone have any thoughts on the Carbon Fiber vs Aluminum plate?

I haven't decided yet but I'm leaning towards linear switches and didn't know if there would be much difference in feel or sound.

Thanks