Author Topic: Price Check- What's it Worth?  (Read 2394899 times)

Offline KnivesM

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Price Check- What's it Worth?
« Reply #5850 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 02:09:07 »
It's on the high end of what I've seen them go for but not so much out of reason if it's in great condition. I think the cheats annodizing made them easy to scratch or something like that if I remember correctly so there are a lot of them with nicks and scratches(pretty sure that was the Cheat but could be wrong? anyone?).
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5851 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 02:10:59 »
It's on the high end of what I've seen them go for but not so much out of reason if it's in great condition. I think the cheats annodizing made them easy to scratch or something like that if I remember correctly so there are a lot of them with nicks and scratches(pretty sure that was the Cheat but could be wrong? anyone?).
yep that is cheat main problem well I think I just wait for another custom

Offline Solo

• Unreal
« Reply #5852 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 03:13:45 »
Edit: Nevermind, I found what I was looking for. :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 January 2016, 09:51:57 by Solo »

Offline GorillaMonkey

« Reply #5853 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 16:45:04 »
Signed up here looking to find a Cherry MY keyboard to replace my G81-3077... but reading through the forums, I'm curious to see if my backup board is worth anything.

It's a IBM Model M 52G9658 (missing the right Alt cap).

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #5854 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 16:54:17 »
I'm curious to see if my backup board is worth anything.

I suspect that you could easily get $40-$50 + shipping for it. Or even easier trade it straight up for a Cherry MY.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline GorillaMonkey

« Reply #5855 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 17:26:48 »

I suspect that you could easily get $40-$50 + shipping for it. Or even easier trade it straight up for a Cherry MY.

Cool, thanks.

Looked around online and saw similar boards ranging from $40 up to $125.  Wasn't sure where this one fell in.

I have to do some more research on Cherry MY boards (G81-3xxx vs G81-8xxx); but trading it to get back behind a Cherry MY works too.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #5856 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 22:48:31 »
Signed up here looking to find a Cherry MY keyboard to replace my G81-3077... but reading through the forums, I'm curious to see if my backup board is worth anything.

Show Image

Show Image

If everything is working great and it's pretty clean, I'd just get that missing Alt cap from either unicomp or get an original from clickykeyboards and then it should be worth a bit more than the normal $40-50.  I'll typically pay up to $75 shipped for a board in good condition like yours.  Because it's pretty easy to find these boards, I wouldn't expect $100 for it unless you get some sort of crazy bidding war on ebay.

Offline GorillaMonkey

« Reply #5857 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 04:17:18 »

If everything is working great and it's pretty clean, I'd just get that missing Alt cap from either unicomp or get an original from clickykeyboards and then it should be worth a bit more than the normal $40-50.  I'll typically pay up to $75 shipped for a board in good condition like yours.  Because it's pretty easy to find these boards, I wouldn't expect $100 for it unless you get some sort of crazy bidding war on ebay.
[/quote]

I'm not really trying to sell this board, or make money off it. Bought it cheap at a thrift store a while ago as a backup.  Just kinda curious.

Since I came to Geekhack looking for Cherry MY G81's; that's really all I care about. This Model M is my backup, but if I had multiple G81's, I'd have no need for this; so I'd just as easily sell/trade it in order to get me back behind a board I like.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5858 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 07:20:36 »
I'm not really trying to sell this board, or make money off it. Bought it cheap at a thrift store a while ago as a backup.  Just kinda curious.

Since I came to Geekhack looking for Cherry MY G81's; that's really all I care about. This Model M is my backup, but if I had multiple G81's, I'd have no need for this; so I'd just as easily sell/trade it in order to get me back behind a board I like.
I always find deals on Cherry MY switch based boards.  You willing to send the M my way for some really good links? ;)

j/k!  I actually post the links in the great finds forum.  I've gotten a numpad with my switches for $26.99 recently and there's two boards that I've linked to that are both under $50 (one is only $16 something).

Offline GorillaMonkey

« Reply #5859 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 09:33:04 »
I always find deals on Cherry MY switch based boards.  You willing to send the M my way for some really good links? ;)

j/k!  I actually post the links in the great finds forum.  I've gotten a numpad with my switches for $26.99 recently and there's two boards that I've linked to that are both under $50 (one is only $16 something).

Ha, I'm not married to this Model M... it's just my backup until I can get my hands on a replacement G81 & G81 backup.

Just saw your post about the G81-7000LPDUS-2 in the 'Great Finds' section. If these G81-7xxx and G81-8xxx models have Cherry MY switches and feel like my old G81-3077; I'd take any of them!  Two questions though:

• Aside from different key caps and/or slightly different layout... Are there any other differences between the G81-7xxx/8xxx series and the G81-3xxx series? 
  • (Silly question) But since these are POS keyboards with credit card readers; will they function the same as any regular keyboards? Or will I need the software or anything extra?

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5860 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 10:20:27 »

Ha, I'm not married to this Model M... it's just my backup until I can get my hands on a replacement G81 & G81 backup.

Just saw your post about the G81-7000LPDUS-2 in the 'Great Finds' section. If these G81-7xxx and G81-8xxx models have Cherry MY switches and feel like my old G81-3077; I'd take any of them!  Two questions though:

• Aside from different key caps and/or slightly different layout... Are there any other differences between the G81-7xxx/8xxx series and the G81-3xxx series? 
  • (Silly question) But since these are POS keyboards with credit card readers; will they function the same as any regular keyboards? Or will I need the software or anything extra?

I remember looking up the specs to find out what switches are in them--let me see what I can dig up.

So here's the spec sheets for the g81-7000 and 3000 series straight from Cherry.  It seems like these are indeed the same switch and keycap. :)
http://cherrycorp.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/G81_7000.pdf
http://www.cherry.de/PDF/EN_G81-3000.pdf

The POS board will work perfectly normal in my experience.  We've used boards with cc readers for that last 10 years or so by different companies (but not these).  In fact, the keycard reader will be handy for when you need to enter in your cc for online orders, lol.  I've actually thought about having a separate keycard reader on my desk just for that purpose, lol.

Offline GorillaMonkey

« Reply #5861 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 10:35:48 »
I remember looking up the specs to find out what switches are in them--let me see what I can dig up.

So here's the spec sheets for the g81-7000 and 3000 series straight from Cherry.  It seems like these are indeed the same switch and keycap. :)

The POS board will work perfectly normal in my experience.  We've used boards with cc readers for that last 10 years or so by different companies (but not these).  In fact, the keycard reader will be handy for when you need to enter in your cc for online orders, lol.  I've actually thought about having a separate keycard reader on my desk just for that purpose, lol.

WOW, thanks for the info!

I looked up one of those G81-8xxx & 7xxx boards on Cherry's site, but didn't see where it specified Cherry MY switches (everything I know I learned recently from awesome people here and from Deskthority)

Haha, not sure I'm ready to start swiping cards and taking orders from my desktop.... but I'm definitely going pull the trigger on one of these POS G81's.  Might even get fancy and put my G81-3077 keys onto the black frame (not sure if that's in poor taste, but judging by everyone hating Cherry MY switches, I guess I can't do much more harm).  Hopefully down the line I'll find a PCB to put into my old G81-3077, but until then these seem like the perfect backup boards.

Thanks again for all the help!

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5862 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 10:56:19 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:42:57 by alienman82 »

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5863 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 11:54:31 »

WOW, thanks for the info!

I looked up one of those G81-8xxx & 7xxx boards on Cherry's site, but didn't see where it specified Cherry MY switches (everything I know I learned recently from awesome people here and from Deskthority)

Haha, not sure I'm ready to start swiping cards and taking orders from my desktop.... but I'm definitely going pull the trigger on one of these POS G81's.  Might even get fancy and put my G81-3077 keys onto the black frame (not sure if that's in poor taste, but judging by everyone hating Cherry MY switches, I guess I can't do much more harm).  Hopefully down the line I'll find a PCB to put into my old G81-3077, but until then these seem like the perfect backup boards.

Thanks again for all the help!
The spec sheets didn't specify the MY switches, but the specs for the switches match exactly and they're from the same series and people don't like them here, lol, so I think they're MY.  Personally, I think the keycap swap may be quite nice, or even just doing the modifiers for a 'two-tone' look.  :cool:
Differences are in caps and layouts yes.  Some boards need some software to program relegendable keys and to get the card reader working.  Otherwise you'd be fine without software
Huge layout difference for sure, but I'm pretty sure the keycaps are standard size.  They usually are in these applications as people in retail are used to 'normal' keys for 'normal' functions.  I don't think this board has any relegendables, but it does allow some custom programming via Cherry's software.  My guess is the card reader just converts the tracks to normal scan codes (no driver) as every single card I've run into does just that.  POS systems are usually industry standards-based since too many drivers and whatnot makes them flaky and not as robust for 24x7 usage.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5864 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 05:09:30 »
How much for a modded hhkb with BT controller,Hypersphere silencing ring,PBT spacebar,plus 1 keycaps set,Lubed,Custom cables
are 500 to 450 are good price? I want to sell my topre board. Time to say goodbye to topre  :'(
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 January 2016, 05:13:46 by bocahgundul »

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5865 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 08:12:21 »
How much for a modded hhkb with BT controller,Hypersphere silencing ring,PBT spacebar,plus 1 keycaps set,Lubed,Custom cables
are 500 to 450 are good price? I want to sell my topre board. Time to say goodbye to topre  :'(

About 350 for everything, if it's 55g modded then worth more

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5866 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 08:14:01 »

About 350 for everything, if it's 55g modded then worth more
thank you for the reply bro ****in shipping to indo is what makes the price more ok will post the classified for selling this. goodbye topre you've been good to me  :p

Offline jerue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5867 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 08:18:48 »
goodbye topre you've been good to me  :p

you can't just leave topre...it will find you again...  :p

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5868 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 08:43:26 »

you can't just leave topre...it will find you
again...  :p
Its like the dark side of the force  :p. I think if i eventually get mx5000 I will never go topre again

Offline Incredigasmic

• Orange is Love. Orange is Life.
« Reply #5869 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 15:30:58 »
Looking to off my B.87 soon. It's full acrylic, RGB lights with diffuser underneath, white LEDs on keys, and 65g Zealios with a Tactile Grey spring in the Spacebar. Thoughts?
"If I married my 6th grade gf I'd be white trash...7th grade I'd be alright" ~ Binge

"Incredi is the foremost master of all things orange" ~ BroCaps

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5870 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 15:31:48 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:42:09 by alienman82 »

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #5871 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 01:41:00 »
whats a set of cherry black on white/beige doubleshots go for these days? NOT GMK
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5872 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 01:49:47 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:32:43 by alienman82 »

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #5873 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 01:51:37 »
whats a set of cherry black on white/beige doubleshots go for these days? NOT GMK

from g80-1813?

nope. i was not aware the 1813 came in black on white/beige
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline bemed

« Reply #5874 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 03:28:40 »
Price check on my Zorb Caps Skull Santa + B-Grade Festive Golem.

Link for my Caps http://imgur.com/a/J79S1
HHKB Professional II Black with white caps.
Topre Master Race.

Offline jerue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5875 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 07:23:51 »

Are these the ones listed for $200 on r/mk? I think ghostjuggernaut just sold a similar set in new condition for $150. At least for me, only time I'd pay over $200 for cherry caps are for original dyesubs.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5876 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 07:25:45 »

you can't just leave topre...it will find you again...  :p
Yep you're right jerue I can't sold this baby

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #5877 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 11:09:33 »
Price check on my Zorb Caps Skull Santa + B-Grade Festive Golem.

Link for my Caps http://imgur.com/a/J79S1

What you paid for them.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5878 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 15:13:44 »
Nermind
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 January 2016, 15:29:00 by SpAmRaY »

Offline jerue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5879 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 22:04:53 »
I am curious as to what the following is worth. Not for sale, just a price check!

Digilog Realforce 55g lubed/silenced

Displaywrite SSK w/all og caps

G81-3100 SAU dyesubs. They're either SAU or SDU, having a hard time differentiating between the two :(  I've only just started using them, and were sold to me as new. Not using the spacebar.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5880 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 22:08:27 »
I am curious as to what the following is worth. Not for sale, just a price check!

G81-3100 SAU dyesubs. They're either SAU or SDU, having a hard time differentiating between the two :(  I've only just started using them, and were sold to me as new. Not using the spacebar.
Sell me yer realforce or dyesub  :p  :p

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5881 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 22:09:21 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:31:03 by alienman82 »

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5882 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 22:17:55 »

**** post!

Digilog - 400-500 depend, hard to find the case
Hehe listen to this guy 400 or 500 for the case IIRC
Dyesub if good condition 150 to 200  :p

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • snoozing
« Reply #5883 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 08:08:19 »

**** post!

If dyesubs are in NIB condition it's 200-250
Digilog case alone is 250-300

Also how much is the Digilog giliotine case?
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5884 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 08:11:13 »

**** post!

If dyesubs are in NIB condition it's 200-250
Digilog case alone is 250-300

Also how much is the Digilog giliotine case?
Where can I find digilog for that price I want one heheheh

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #5885 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 08:50:24 »
I disagree with the dyesub prices above. I think $500 for a NIB board and $250 for a good condition set is far more realistic.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5886 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 08:59:32 »
I disagree with the dyesub prices above. I think $500 for a NIB board and $250 for a good condition set is far more realistic.
What the hell that price is crazy. Does that keycaps really worth the price tag?

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #5887 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 09:04:42 »
What the hell that price is crazy. Does that keycaps really worth the price tag?
In my experience yes. That said, perhaps the price I stated is out of date.. Perhaps Gateron caps have made the market fall a bit. I'm not sure. I just know that $500 was the standard price for a NIB board like a G81-3116SDU or G81-3100SAU not long ago.
github

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5888 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 09:07:16 »
In my experience yes. That said, perhaps the price I stated is out of date.. Perhaps Gateron caps have made the market fall a bit. I'm not sure. I just know that $500 was the standard price for a NIB board like a G81-3116SDU or G81-3100SAU not long ago.
Wow now I need to find the ISO one because its cheaper  :p

Offline Eugene45

« Reply #5889 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 10:34:01 »
Hello, could someone pricecheck :

Cherry G80-3000 Actual
Cherry G80-3000 Old
Cherry G81-3000
Cherry G83-3000

Thanks

lmao, cut the French some slack, they gave you a big statue

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #5890 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 10:35:50 »

Cherry G80-3000 Actual
Cherry G80-3000 Old
Cherry G81-3000
Cherry G83-3000

Thanks
Can you give the full article numbers please? E.G G80-3000HAD, G81-3000HAU, etc.

Also a description of the condition would be helpful.
github

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #5891 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 10:42:56 »

Cherry G80-3000 Actual
Cherry G80-3000 Old
Cherry G81-3000
Cherry G83-3000

Thanks

Actual and old?

Knowing the last 3 letters on the model number helps.

That will tell us caps,switch,layout.

Those are the 3 that determine the price for the most part.

Offline klincher

« Reply #5892 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 10:44:00 »
http://puu.sh/j9LYP/da48b68776.jpg
on the back it says article no. g81-1000 sbd /03 and Serial No. 026167 D31

Offline Eugene45

« Reply #5893 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 10:59:46 »
Hello, i'am basicaly looking for a fair price to give to some seller who are selling them locally

Like G80-3000 G80-3000LPCDE-0 / G80-3000LPCFR-2 are 80 € new what is an good price for something used / last week, i see one who was ful yellow.
Eventuel would now the price for an old g80-3000 H / L caps ( seems that they are only 2kro ) ?
For the 81/83-3000, same lasered cap, used.

So i can make them proposition.

Are the price so different with some set of caps ?

Since i was posting, 2 more post pops, i dont have specific number to give as for the moment, have only one G81-3000 LANDE .

Thanks
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 January 2016, 11:16:56 by Eugene45 »

lmao, cut the French some slack, they gave you a big statue

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #5894 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 11:02:16 »

and better :)

go iso qwertz or qwerty don't touch my azerties !
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #5895 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 11:52:00 »
http://puu.sh/j9LYP/da48b68776.jpg
on the back it says article no. g81-1000 sbd /03 and Serial No. 026167 D31
German Cherry dyesubs. I'm sure you can find some older price check on them.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5896 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 18:24:04 »

and better :)

go iso qwertz or qwerty don't touch my azerties !
I'm gonna find the azerty one muahahha

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5897 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 13:13:58 »
What's a fair price to pay for a CMYW set if I can find one?

Offline jerue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5898 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 13:25:16 »

$45-50 new

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5899 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 13:26:25 »

$45-50 new

Thanks. That's what I thought, just making sure.