Author Topic: Orange Crush Madness: All the fun of a GB with half the irritating red tape  (Read 20455 times)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
I would be the first to order, but I'm trying not to buy more keyboard stuff right now.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
I'm not really into this set but in case it affects other buyers, I have to manually reset my password everytime I try to login on SP's group buy website.

Offline b7ad

• ゆめうつつ
    • mechblog
Looking good!

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
Ah. Not that I buy keysets, but this method seems pretty cool. Good job SP and "Team Leader" D-Squad.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
I'll order for sure once my payday rolls around :P
Current Keyboards: Orion - 62g ergo clears;
A87 PS2AVR - 59g ergo clears; QFR - stock blues

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
I would be the first to order, but I'm trying not to buy more keyboard stuff right now.

WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT DID YOU DO WITH JD??

Offline billnye

• ability man
Any chance this will include a hhkb kit?

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff

What do you mean?

2 1.5x mods
1.75 right shift
bunch of 1x stuff?  It's already included

Offline billnye

• ability man

What do you mean?

2 1.5x mods
1.75 right shift

Yes, that's what I meant. And oh sorry, I just looked at the thumbnail for the modifiers set.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff

What do you mean?

2 1.5x mods
1.75 right shift

Yes, that's what I meant. And oh sorry, I just looked at the thumbnail for the modifiers set.

The base kits also come with a full tsangan kit, too.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator

WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT DID YOU DO WITH JD??

Wait.  Yeah.  What the hell??  I literally have NEVER seen a keycap GB that JD wasn't a part of...

Edit:  Also, I'm buying this and everyone else should too, this set is awesome.   :-*

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
All orange on a 60% looks pretty sweet.  Tempting...

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
All orange on a 60% looks pretty sweet.  Tempting...

Show Image

Just buy it.  I need dat price break...

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
MEANWHILE WE'RE STILL AT 0
I love Elzy

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator

Well.  Erm.  Deliberating.   :confused:

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
I love Elzy

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator

+1

You don't count, still at zero.

Wait, what?  How do I not count?  We're totally at 1!!

#OCMHYPE

Offline thestage

I wish I could just buy a 60% set.  too expensive  :(

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
Well I placed an order for 2 sets, but the site still shows a total of 1 ordered?

Okay, this is weird... The first time I clicked "Pay with Paypal" it went to the homepage.... I went through the process again and now it looks like it will actually charge my Paypal account for the CURRENT VALUE???? ($258!)

Anyone know how I should go about "ordering" 2 sets of Orange Crush properly? Do you do the checkout stage or....?
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
Well I placed an order for 2 sets, but the site still shows a total of 1 ordered?

Okay, this is weird... The first time I clicked "Pay with Paypal" it went to the homepage.... I went through the process again and now it looks like it will actually charge my Paypal account for the CURRENT VALUE???? ($258!)

Anyone know how I should go about "ordering" 2 sets of Orange Crush properly? Do you do the checkout stage or....?

It won't actually charge you for that amount. It will instead put a hold on your account for that amount (because it's the maximum you might have to pay), and then actually charge you for the final amount once the group buy ends.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder

It won't actually charge you for that amount. It will instead put a hold on your account for that amount (because it's the maximum you might have to pay), and then actually charge you for the final amount once the group buy ends.

Ah, thanks.

Done. And now we have 3.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
It also should be coming with the proper sized orange logo and mac mods, too

Don't think I didn't notice you beautiful, beautiful man. i think i love you

Seriously though, this is a great looking set and I like how you've put it all together. Adding the Command Key was just icing on the cake. Thank you!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
It also should be coming with the proper sized orange logo and mac mods, too

Don't think I didn't notice you beautiful, beautiful man. i think i love you

Show Image

Seriously though, this is a great looking set and I like how you've put it all together. Adding the Command Key was just icing on the cake. Thank you!

And you've ordered 50 sets, right??  (of each color option)

Offline sacratoy

• Twitch
My goodness this set would look sexy on my white Poker II. I'm still shaky on buying in (Would be my first group buy / damn expensive without a price break), but I'll have the tab open....

May wake up in the middle of the night and buy in.
Poker II

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
May wake up in the middle of the night and buy in.

You need to do it at around 3 or 4 AM when the crickets are still chirping out your window and the moon is full  :thumb: .

Best time to get with a Group Buy because with this one it will deliver your caps to your front door, no matter were you live and no worries about anything.

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
Someone help me justify this set. Toxic incoming, TaiHao doubleshots coming up, 40% keyboard GB coming up, Red Scarf II GB coming up...

Oh and there are those beautiful Dolch DSAs on SP too.

HOW CAN I JUSTIFY THIS [yet I want this so bad]

pls drop to lower price point so I can join  :confused:

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
Someone help me justify this set. Toxic incoming, TaiHao doubleshots coming up, 40% keyboard GB coming up, Red Scarf II GB coming up...

Oh and there are those beautiful Dolch DSAs on SP too.

HOW CAN I JUSTIFY THIS [yet I want this so bad]

pls drop to lower price point so I can join  :confused:

I have like 8 sets and 2 keyboards on the way here.
I think I like DSA profile best though. Not sure if I can do any more DCS. [might even sell mi miamy]

Offline sacratoy

• Twitch
I'm still seeing only 3 purchased? Is that right? Seems liker there is a bit more interest for this set.
Poker II

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
I'm still seeing only 3 purchased? Is that right? Seems liker there is a bit more interest for this set.

I think there's a lot more interest but people are afraid to bite the bullet at this price.

Offline Pinder

erhh it looks so awesome but no ISO :L
65g zealios ergodox infinity

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist

I think there's a lot more interest but people are afraid to bite the bullet at this price.

This will happen from now on with all Signature Plastics Group Buys here.  EVERYONE will hang around the website waiting for the final 2 hours to arrive and see how much the price has fallen.  When it looks right to most people then you'll get the avalanche of orders coming through.

Maybe that's how SP has designed it to work that way but it has happened with all previous GB's and I don't see it being any different here.

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back

This will happen from now on with all Signature Plastics Group Buys here.  EVERYONE will hang around the website waiting for the final 2 hours to arrive and see how much the price has fallen.  When it looks right to most people then you'll get the avalanche of orders coming through.

Maybe that's how SP has designed it to work that way but it has happened with all previous GB's and I don't see it being any different here.

The issue is that if there are still only 3 buyers at that point, there will be no avalanche. For the previous successful group buys, starting prices were much lower so more people were willing to bite. I wish they would implement a feature like Massdrops so you could at least see how many people are willing to join in at a lower price point ):

Offline Cottonsox

The commit at x price option that massdrop uses would go a long way to help reach the cheaper tiers.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
The commit at x price option that massdrop uses would go a long way to help reach the cheaper tiers.

Exactly,  myself and others mentioned this during Matt3o's last GBs through PMK's site.

I really hope SP listens and implements something similar to Massdrop.
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 May 2014, 01:29:13 by CommonCurt »
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back

Exactly,  myself and others mentioned this during Matt3o's last GBs through PMK's site.

I really hope SP listens and implements something similar Massdrop.

I recently posted on their vendor subforum about this, are they aware that this is a highly desired feature? (Would more people expressing interest help, or would that just annoy them  :rolleyes:)

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page

I recently posted on their vendor subforum about this, are they aware that this is a highly desired feature? (Would more people expressing interest help, or would that just annoy them  :rolleyes:)

I think the more people saying it's a feature they want definitely wouldn't hurt.
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1

I think the more people saying it's a feature they want definitely wouldn't hurt.

Someone get a petition going :P
Current Keyboards: Orion - 62g ergo clears;
A87 PS2AVR - 59g ergo clears; QFR - stock blues

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page

I just posted there also saying how I think a Massdrop style commit at certain tier system would help.
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
The early days of an SP group buy all follow a similar pattern. Everyone wants to jump on it ASAP, but doesn't want to put a hold on their PayPal account at the initial tiers. We all wish that PS had the "commit to buy" feature and then pine away while we wait for the orders to trickle in. Then, in the last week, orders start flooding in and we all rejoice.  :))

Patience is not an easy lesson to learn, but it is taught daily here at GH.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy

Funny how every GB on SP's new platform is stillborn.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff

Everyone thinks someone else will sign up to get it to a tier they want.  Klaxon had a similar early hiccup.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel

huh?   :confused: granite and skull squadron were extremely successful

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee

huh?   ??? granite and skull squadron were extremely successful

He is probably referring to the horribly ugly sets at the bottom of the page (minus retro) http://www.pimpmykeyboard.com/deal-categories/group-buys/

Offline Sissy

I'll only sign when it's got enough people

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back

I'll only sign when it's got enough people

Freaking change.org needs to let us commit to a petition only once it reaches a certain quantity of signers. Someone petition to them about this.