Author Topic: [IC] KAT Cyberspace - PRICING ADDED - ARTKEY RAFFLE!  (Read 168262 times)

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
Re: [IC] KAT Cyberspace
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 20:54:24 »
So the black alphas will actually be glow-in-the-dark?

The cut-off oni mask on the horizontal enter novelties looks kinda weird. Not sure how to improve upon it, though.

Depending on how these samples are yes that’s the plan although it shouldn’t affect the colour Of the alphas when they aren’t charged.

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #101 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 21:24:09 »
Katakana night mode!! Yes thank you!!!

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Offline TurboGrinder

« Reply #102 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 21:26:13 »
I just signed up here to reply to KAT Explosion, but saw this while I was looking for that thread.

This set looks really nice. If it runs late enough in the year I'll be in for sure, circumstances permitting, for Dayglow and Icon 40s/Ortho.

I want to add that the novelties kit will pretty much be a bust for most 40s users (both ortho and staggered) because it doesn't have any 1u keys in R1, R2, or R3 or 1.5u keys in R1. Some 40s boards do use a 6.25 space, that can also use 2 of the R1 novelties, but there's a lot of 40s boards out there that don't use anything bigger than 1.75u with the exception of 2u, 2.25u, and 2.75u spacebars.

Speaking of space bars, some 1.5u spacebars in the 40s kit would be nice for boards like Corne and it's many offshoots, and some other ergo boards. I know that's kind of a niche thing though.

Offline swingkat

« Reply #103 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 22:16:33 »
Charged GiD with Green on Black Mods. Take my $$.

Offline krikun98

« Reply #104 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 22:24:53 »
Speaking of space bars, some 1.5u spacebars in the 40s kit would be nice for boards like Corne and it's many offshoots, and some other ergo boards. I know that's kind of a niche thing though.

Doesn't Corne use 1.25u or even 1u? Also, he says in the post that the ortho kit is in progress.

Offline kidpid

« Reply #105 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 23:14:27 »
R2 1u & 1.25u control in the 40s/Ortho kits would be great. The former for some Ortho configurations, the latter for the TMO R1/Nightmare. Also, dual 1.5u spacebars would be great for Corne/Lily58/Orbit-X/etc.

Offline TurboGrinder

« Reply #106 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 01:52:35 »

Doesn't Corne use 1.25u or even 1u? Also, he says in the post that the ortho kit is in progress.

All the caps on the Corne are 1u except for the inner thumb keys. They're 1.5u. You can use 1.25u or 1u caps for it, but the inner thumb keys were designed for 1.5u caps. It's a lot more comfortable to use 1.5s on those keys too.

I have 1.5s on my MX Corne right now, but I do also have 1u caps on those thumb switches on my Choc Corne because I used all my 1.5u ones on my Gergo. About a month ago I got in on the MBK keycap GB that has 1.5u caps that will replace the standard all 1u Kailh set that's currently on it.

I must have missed where he said that the ortho kit was in progress. I saw on the big update today that the ergo kit is in progress. That doesn't have 1.5u spacebars in it though, only 1.5u mods, as it's designed for Ergodox and similar boards.

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #107 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 02:37:09 »

All the caps on the Corne are 1u except for the inner thumb keys. They're 1.5u. You can use 1.25u or 1u caps for it, but the inner thumb keys were designed for 1.5u caps. It's a lot more comfortable to use 1.5s on those keys too.

I have 1.5s on my MX Corne right now, but I do also have 1u caps on those thumb switches on my Choc Corne because I used all my 1.5u ones on my Gergo. About a month ago I got in on the MBK keycap GB that has 1.5u caps that will replace the standard all 1u Kailh set that's currently on it.

I must have missed where he said that the ortho kit was in progress. I saw on the big update today that the ergo kit is in progress. That doesn't have 1.5u spacebars in it though, only 1.5u mods, as it's designed for Ergodox and similar boards.

I'll make sure the corne and it's friends are covered as best as possible over the weekend, thank you. It's realy hard keeping track of all the boards haha.

Offline productkun

« Reply #108 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 07:32:04 »
Definitely Buying a few kits.

But isnt the font on the render a but too big? Will it also be like this irl or smaller

Offline Joaquox

« Reply #109 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 09:10:27 »
NVM
« Last Edit: Tue, 31 March 2020, 07:30:32 by Joaquox »

Offline TurboGrinder

« Reply #110 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 11:26:13 »
I'll make sure the corne and it's friends are covered as best as possible over the weekend, thank you. It's realy hard keeping track of all the boards haha.

That's great, thanks! And I understand how difficult it can be to keep track of everything needed to cover as many boards as possible. I've seen quite a few discussions for different keycap sets on the 40s discord about it.

Edit: after looking at the Novelties kit a little more, and my previous comment about it, it doesn't include any 1u novelties for row 4 either. So a couple of 1u novelties for rows 2, 3, and 4 would be great as well. If not, no worries, as it'll save me like twenty-something dollars...
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 March 2020, 12:32:01 by TurboGrinder »

Offline LXVRGS

« Reply #111 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 11:57:32 »
I'm on mobile so I might have just overlooked it but it looks like a majority of the alpha kits are missing their respective ~ key and the 1u | key for split backspace

Offline swingkat

« Reply #112 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 13:02:08 »
Anyway to get a render of the charged green alphas? Kinda worried about the fuzzy-ish looking font. Have you considered removing the "glow" effect like on the mods?

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #113 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 13:18:27 »
Anyway to get a render of the charged green alphas? Kinda worried about the fuzzy-ish looking font. Have you considered removing the "glow" effect like on the mods?
Both night mode images are of the same set. The charged view is to show which areas would glow when charged. It wouldn’t actually be fuzzy that was just to emulate the glow. There will be renders and samples before production.

Offline Scucka

« Reply #114 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 14:53:44 »
It looks very interesting  :thumb:

Offline swingkat

« Reply #115 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 17:43:16 »
Both night mode images are of the same set. The charged view is to show which areas would glow when charged. It wouldn’t actually be fuzzy that was just to emulate the glow. There will be renders and samples before production.
Thanks for the clarification!

Offline Vizir

« Reply #116 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 21:32:46 »
for Ergo, see https://i.imgur.com/PfCcaXR.png the KAT Atlantis Ergo set. It has 1.5u R1 x2 for the outer columns. In addition to Ergodox which needs 1u. This will support boards like Sol2. Adding 1.25 R1 x2 would also help for those using 1.25u outer columns.
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 March 2020, 21:36:06 by Vizir »

Offline synthtastic

« Reply #117 on: Sun, 29 March 2020, 00:21:32 »
I’m in for quite a few kits here. Gonna be good...
Expensive plastic makes me sigh.

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #118 on: Sun, 29 March 2020, 05:23:30 »
for Ergo, see https://i.imgur.com/PfCcaXR.png the KAT Atlantis Ergo set. It has 1.5u R1 x2 for the outer columns. In addition to Ergodox which needs 1u. This will support boards like Sol2. Adding 1.25 R1 x2 would also help for those using 1.25u outer columns.

I used that layout he build the template for the ergo kit so hopefully everything’s covered I’ll be updating the post later today with the additional kits.

Also thank you everyone for the overwhelming support, can’t believe the number of submissions on the new ic form.

Offline Dotsandlines

« Reply #119 on: Sun, 29 March 2020, 19:27:52 »
These are amazing where can I buy these?

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #120 on: Mon, 30 March 2020, 04:21:06 »

I’m hoping to run the Group Buy in the Autumn, I haven’t got a full list of vendors yet but Mykeyboards.eu for Europe and zFrontire for China I have confirmed so far.

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #121 on: Mon, 30 March 2020, 04:57:55 »

I’m hoping to run the Group Buy in the Autumn, I haven’t got a full list of vendors yet but Mykeyboards.eu for Europe and zFrontire for China I have confirmed so far.
Ilumkb for South East Asia?

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Offline trustworthy

« Reply #122 on: Mon, 30 March 2020, 13:19:26 »
Would like to see more renders with the black alphas. Def interested.

Offline Gert Fischer

« Reply #123 on: Mon, 30 March 2020, 13:49:40 »
I don't know what is going on in these renders from NathanAlphaMan, but these legends look way oversized.
Reminds me of a certain keyboard with yellow caps, google "big yellow keyboard"

I think legends that big is not pretty

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #124 on: Mon, 30 March 2020, 21:40:31 »
238957-0
Another idea i had for the Deskmat, if I was to go with the falling rain I'd love to try work in the multiple languages. I've still got a few more ideas to work up as well. Also happy to announce DeskHero.ca 
as my Canadian vendor! big thanks to Jerrold from desk heros!

Offline bd_slade

« Reply #125 on: Mon, 30 March 2020, 23:49:59 »
Thanks for thinking of Canadians!  :thumb:

Love that deskmat concept!

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #126 on: Tue, 31 March 2020, 06:06:50 »
I don't know what is going on in these renders from NathanAlphaMan, but these legends look way oversized.
Reminds me of a certain keyboard with yellow caps, google "big yellow keyboard"

I think legends that big is not pretty

Don't talk smack about big yella haha, This is something I'm aware of and I'm working to correct. Hope to have some more renders up this week.

Offline productkun

« Reply #127 on: Tue, 31 March 2020, 10:14:48 »
Not really a fan of the horse in the right bottom tbh, maybe if it was a little smaller?

Offline i luv chuletas

« Reply #128 on: Tue, 31 March 2020, 11:54:38 »
Holy ****, this set has gotten far since I last checked it out. Love the new kits brotha, this is awesome. I'm assuming the GID would also work in the Hiragana/Katakana kits right?

Love the subtle used of icons in the text modifiers, this is how it should be in all cases imo.

+1 on having some novelties love for compact boards
+1 on a multiple language rain fall deskmat without the horse on the side (just the text rain on it)

Awesome work man, very excited for this. Hoping that GiD works out!

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #129 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 08:28:23 »
Hey guys Quick update, I've added some of the confirmed Vendors I've talked to to the initial post. The Group Buy will be happening! in August/September final date tbd, I also want to announce that there will be Artisan collabs with ArtKey: https://artkeyuniverse.com/ & FrumpzKeys https://www.frumpzkeys.com/ More collabs to be announced I'm so excited for!

I've just finished designing the second version of the Deskmat:
239180-0

I've also made a quick form to vote on which of the current two designs you'd like if you could vote on that here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeLdVwBQI5nxB6dmnQA6EZKdWv2PiwU_maY9gcaEthSTllisg/viewform

Many thanks for all the kind messages, you guys have pushed me to make something i'm super proud of.

Hope everyone is well and safe.

Liam

Offline Hisui

• Team Yeen
« Reply #130 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 12:30:27 »
I absolutely love this set! the colors are great! Novelties great!

I'm in regardless, but would it be possible to have media or artist keys added to one of the kits or in a kit of their own?

examples:
http://d2fu7qgd3tdbcc.cloudfront.net/images/detailed/3/Mac-Media-Pack-A.jpg?t=1494234501

https://nouveaugrafico.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/screenshot.png

Offline 4sStylZ

« Reply #131 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 12:41:54 »
Cool set. I have to admit that I was expecting a glitched font for some keys ^^
Bépo user here : AEK64 White linear dampened, XD75 Cherry Blue Jailhoused, TypeMatrix2030 black skin, Lenovo 0B47200 w/ trackpoint, G13, G512. Kensington Expert Trackball & Orbit, Magic touchpad 2.

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #132 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 13:28:46 »

I'm in regardless, but would it be possible to have media or artist keys added to one of the kits or in a kit of their own?

examples:
http://d2fu7qgd3tdbcc.cloudfront.net/images/detailed/3/Mac-Media-Pack-A.jpg?t=1494234501

I’d love to do media keys but I couldn’t find a standard set, and as much as I’d love to do photoshop/illustrator short cuts even for myself I think we’d probably be the only 2 that wanted them.

Offline Hisui

• Team Yeen
« Reply #133 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 13:51:06 »

examples:

I’d love to do media keys but I couldn’t find a standard set, and as much as I’d love to do photoshop/illustrator short cuts even for myself I think we’d probably be the only 2 that wanted them.

Well, even if we are the only ones, ;D it still helps moq since kat moq isnt based on kits! My Kat set had a few kits that only sold 6-10 kits lol. every unit counts haha
anyways, Just a thought! Love this set, I'd be happy to help with anything if you decide its something that can be pursued!

Offline Joaquox

« Reply #134 on: Fri, 03 April 2020, 00:54:35 »
Hey guys Quick update, I've added some of the confirmed Vendors I've talked to to the initial post. The Group Buy will be happening! in August/September final date tbd, I also want to announce that there will be Artisan collabs with ArtKey: https://artkeyuniverse.com/ & FrumpzKeys https://www.frumpzkeys.com/ More collabs to be announced I'm so excited for!
Wait, what?

We'll have the caps by Christmas at the earliest then.

Offline TheStrkr

« Reply #135 on: Fri, 03 April 2020, 04:57:20 »
I am so in for this!

Offline CrazyNun

« Reply #136 on: Fri, 03 April 2020, 05:30:39 »
Just thought that the anonymous mask/logo would be quite cool if worked into the deskmat design somehow. The logo feels super early internet/geek/tech-nostalgic and has a bit of punk attitude. It’s definitely a bit cheesy/ cliche, but I reckon that along with the set it will come across as self-aware and slightly tongue in cheek. Just my 2 cents..

Offline Pizza_on_Pineapple

« Reply #137 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 03:41:44 »
Now that you mention it, a glitched font on some keys would look pretty rad.

Anyways, I like how the set is taking form, colors and icons are great. I'm looking forward to the ergo icons kit!

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #138 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 04:33:18 »
Now that you mention it, a glitched font on some keys would look pretty rad.

Anyways, I like how the set is taking form, colors and icons are great. I'm looking forward to the ergo icons kit!

I had planned on doing a little extra bug key in a mixed row one for each set as an extra but glitched text would be cool instead, I'm going to have a play with the idea.

Offline bow3i

« Reply #139 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 15:18:37 »
Just wanna say I support this set, looks amazing, hope it goes to gb!

Offline swingkat

« Reply #140 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 16:19:04 »
Still thinking that instead of a white that glows green set for the alphas, I'd like to see a green on black alpha set like the mods. Any chance that would happen?

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #141 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 18:34:55 »
For the Nightmode Alpha kit, all R3 - R1 legends that are purple in the Discharged GiD are glowing in the Charged GiD.  But only one of the purple legends in R4 glows, the rest stay purple.  Is this correct?

Offline dannyny

« Reply #142 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 19:03:13 »
in for this!! waiting on US vendor

Offline Vizir

« Reply #143 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 20:10:51 »
would love some legends on the ergo kit!

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #144 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 20:14:59 »
would love some legends on the ergo kit!

There will be along with the next update in the coming days!

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #145 on: Sun, 05 April 2020, 18:53:30 »
239376-0
239372-1
239374-2

Some more renders on the Keyhive Nightmare, this time Hangul with the icon mods. This is my first time using blender so go easy on me.

Offline TheStrkr

« Reply #146 on: Mon, 06 April 2020, 04:31:21 »
The UK ISO pack appears to only contain nightmode versions of the R4 alphas, will these contain dayglow versions too?

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #147 on: Mon, 06 April 2020, 05:16:25 »
The UK ISO pack appears to only contain nightmode versions of the R4 alphas, will these contain dayglow versions too?

That was initially the plan as the Dayglow pack didn't seem sd popular but from the overwhelming popularity of the dayglow kit in the new form, i'll be including Green versions of both the UK and International kits.

Offline titoepfx

« Reply #148 on: Mon, 06 April 2020, 05:17:06 »
Why do people keep lumping together 40s and ortho kits I just want ortho and not spend $20 more on keycaps im never gonna use

Offline TheStrkr

« Reply #149 on: Mon, 06 April 2020, 05:21:00 »

That was initially the plan as the Dayglow pack didn't seem sd popular but from the overwhelming popularity of the dayglow kit in the new form, i'll be including Green versions of both the UK and International kits.

Oh hell yeah, I'm so down