Author Topic: Cherry MX Blue switches no clicking?  (Read 5618 times)

Offline Ryun

Cherry MX Blue switches no clicking?
« on: Wed, 15 February 2012, 19:43:06 »
So I bought a CM QuickFire rapid with blues and I love it (only a few weeks old). That being said, I've noticed that while typing some keys make a much more pronounced click than the others. In fact, some dont even sound like they're clicking at all sometimes. They still register though.

Is this a known issue with MX blues or is this regular behavior? Is there any way I can remedy this? I've tried spraying a can of compressed air but it didn't really do much. Sorry if this is answered somewhere in the wiki, but I couldn't really find anything.
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 February 2012, 19:45:52 by Ryun »

Offline TopazPie

« Reply #1 on: Wed, 15 February 2012, 23:17:06 »
I have had this happen to me with some of my blue switches. In my case it was fixed with compressed air. Mine also had a bit of a click though. If yours has no click entirely, there might be a different problem I am not aware of. Just make sure you depress the switch when using the compressed air, not sure if you did that when you tried it. It helped mine.

Offline Ryun

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 16 February 2012, 05:48:18 »
Thanks for the tip, I'll have to try that again then. Yeah the switches do click but only slightly.

Offline Ryun

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 16 February 2012, 08:34:47 »
So I cleaned them with compressed air again but nothing. However, I tried some isopropyl alcohol and that helped some.

It's weird. If I I bottom out the keys in question: no click (though I can hear the spring). If I only push them down until they actuate I get a tiny click. It's like something is stuck, which is silly because this keyboard isn't even a month old.

Maybe some debris got stuck in there? I dunno. I've been reading it's a pain in the butt to disassemble a plate mounted switch so I doubt I'll fix it if I have to desolder anything.

*Edit*-

Actually, I think I might have gotten it.
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 February 2012, 08:46:06 by Ryun »