Author Topic: [IC] ePBT Dreamscape GB date June 15th; Ikki68 x Dreamscape Collab  (Read 187258 times)

Offline tsoiab10

• Howdy :^]

Introduction:
Hello fellow members of geekhack, I've been lurking here for a little bit and finally felt like creating my first set of keycaps. Some of you
may or may not have already seen an early rendition of what I have made on reddit that was back maybe a couple of months ago, and I
finally thought that it was time to create an interest check for it. By the title of the post most of you will already know what it is however
I want to introduce to you all ePbt Dreamscape.

Inspiration:
Dreamscape was originally derived and inspired from the BTS album cover Love yourself ‘Answer’. The colors often remind of a setting
 sunset or a rising moon, with colored gradients stretching over the sky and I thought that maybe something like this would look cool
to other people than just me.

Renders:

Base Kit
Cap profile will be 1-1-2-3-4-4

Novelties

Hangul Sublegends

Numpad

40's/ortho

Spacebars

NORDEUK

French ISO

Board Render:(Haus by Hand Engineering)

Board Render:(Rama m-60a)

Board Render:(BO60 By my friend :])

Board Render:(Alice-like by KraizesGB)

Board Render:(Nemui by Bachoo)

Board Render:(Fuji65 by CMM Studio)

Board Render:(KBD 8X MKII by KBDFans)

Board Render:(CandyBar by TKC)

Board Render:(Ikki68 by Wuque Studio)

Board Render:(Ikki68 x Dreamscape Collab)

Luna Deskmat:

Constellation Deskmat:

Line Deskmat:

Colors:

The white will be based off of GMK's WS2

To Do List:
Work on and create 40's/ortho kit
Space bars kit
NORDEUK kit
Finalize all kits
Hopefully talk to some vendors
Find some cool people to collaborate with  :]

Vendors:
CA: Ashkeebs
US: ValaSupply
OCE:DailyClack
SEA:ILUMKB
EU:CandyKeys
CN:KBDFans
KR:SwagKeys
PH:ZionStudios
UK:Prototypist

Prices:

Collab
Luxe Cables
Amusing Atelier
Miroticaps
Latrialum
Crafted By Annie
HoneyBunzCreations
Wuque Studio

Why not GMK?:
For a set like this with 7 custom colors I would imagine it to have an insane cost, as GMK handerbait costing what it did with only base colors
 and would not be economically sound in my opinion; however, if all of you really want this set to be GMK I try my best and get a quote, albeit
 that some novelties will need to be reworked and some other small things in order to do so. Lastly I wanted to make sure that poor people like
 me can still afford this set  :)

Postscript:
As this being my first project I am sure that there are things that I have missed, please let me know if you guys see anything off in the google forms
link provided here https://forms.gle/EzsVYYic2TA4cxp88, or if you want to speak to me directly you can message me on Instagram @tsoiab10.Also if
you wanted to see what the kit originally looked like this was the original post I had created that really spurred me to come this far
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/he9gqh/how_do_you_guys_like_this_set_i_rendered_any/.
And lastly special thanks to my friend @kawaakaris on the art for banner, deskmats, novelties, and my friend Devin for help and suggestions ;)

If you wanna help and rock a banner  (Profile->Forum Profile->Paste into signature) :-* :

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=108937.0][img width=354 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/xOt8IgV.png[/img][/url]
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 June 2021, 17:31:25 by tsoiab10 »

Offline tsoiab10

Re: [IC] ePBT Dreamscape
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 04:43:58 »
Update 6.4: Ikki68 x Dreamscape collab. https://forms.gle/ahaShsRyatspAZ6V9

Update 6.3: Approximately a week ago the agency managing BTS (HYBE) has filed the term Borahae for trademark. Due to legal reasons, I will be changing the "borahae" key to "purple" in the novelties kit. I do not want to risk any potential legal action that may possibly happen. I apologize for any convenience this may cause

Update 6.2: More board renders.

Update 6.1: Uploaded more renders with different colored boards, please note that they are done under a different lighting which is why it may look a little different. Some collabs revealed.

Update 6:
GB date announced for the 15th of June, collabs will be revealed shortly in the coming days. Additionally I understand some people wanted the renders in different lightings as well: https://imgur.com/a/NOwc4aD . Also I've finally given the last deskmat a name, we'll just call it "Line" to keep it simple. :]

Update 5.0.0.0.1:
I've created a discord server since many of you guys seem to really want one. This will mainly be used to update folks on the IC phase of Dreamscape and GB stage once we hit that. https://discord.gg/CAaSZfEG7y

Update 5:
Just a small update to the renders that fixes some of the issues that have been stated like the numbers not lining up, as well as one missing key from the French ISO kit, they've both been changed and for the curious folk, yes the French ISO kit price will remain the same even with the additional key ( ) ]). Additionally we can already see that we are in early May, I have been given another update that the physical samples will be finished in June, hopefully this will be the case so that we can have the group buy be set in that same month, but again, no promises. Lastly the brightness on the renders have been very slightly toned down as I've seen from some people that they were a little bright.

Update 4.6:
Small update, kits got quoted in USD, the specific price per each region will be reavealed later on due to the constant fluctuation in exchange rates. Additionally group buy dates are currently in the talks approx late April  or early May, no promises though.

Update 4.5
R4 Pipe/Backslash key in NORDEUK kit has been changed to pink from white.

Update 4.4
Zionstudios and Prototypist have joined the party.

Update 4.3
Deskmats and keycaps are undergoing prototyping, additionally the kits are being quoted and will have a price soon. Lastly once we can figure out the price per region for each kit and the prototypes for the keycaps turn out good we should have a possible group buy date soon. Also I hope my constant updates on geekhack aren't annoying anyone, I'm trying to do my best to strike a balance between moderation and consistant updates but for this being my first project I can't really tell, anyways thanks for stopping by the IC. :]

Update 4.2
I've removed the 1U pink CTRL in the base kit and moved the 1U Purple alt to the 40's kit. I've also labeled the keys in the picture for the base and 40's kit.

Update 4.1:
I've added one extra 1.75U space bar, got rid of a 1.5U Tab, and lastly changed the 1.5U backspace into a 1.75U in the 40's kit as there is already one in the base kit. Also for those of you who want the specific size/rowing of the caps you can see the labeled kits here: https://imgur.com/a/SvKsnAm. I do want to make it clear to some of you 40/ortho users, that you can fill out a board with the Hangul sublegends and a 40s kit, which should be cheaper than a base kit but please check the labeled kits to double check.

Update 4:
I've added 5 extra keys to the base kit: Gray arrows and a white F9 button depending on wheather or not you have an exploded function row vs a compact. Additionally I've added 5 extra keys and a number row to the hangul sublegends kit; I've had a lot of people talking about buying two sets, with the extra keys you should be able to have enough for two boards and would ultimately be cheaper than buying 2 kits even though the base and Hangul kits may cost slightly more now. Lastly I've added: Peach row 3 FN, Purple 1u Super, Purple 1U FN, Purple 1U Ctrl, Blue 1.25U Lower, White 1.25U Raise, Blue 1U Super, and lastly changed one of the 1U space bars to the light blue (7 extra keys), this should provide much better support for ortholinear/40% boards. Hopefully this will be the last big change to the kits and I can begin getting the kits priced by the end of Feburary. I look forword to the feedback to the changes on the kits as this should basically be the last of the change unless I've missed something or the price on the kits are to expensive.

I know some of these kits aren't very traditional and if a lot of you don't like them I can always change them back, but let me know what you guys think. :]

Update 3.4:
I've added an unnamed deskmat, im not to sure how many poeple will like it but I'll leave it up for now, depending on the response it may or may not get taken off. The design is heavily inspired by the linework/design of the cover of the Love yourself album cover (see it here: https://imgur.com/XiOo7rQ). My main concern so far is that it may be to heavily inspired by it and its a little bland in the center, please comment or inform me through the IC form and let me know what you think.

Update 3.3:
Left ISO shift has been changed from 700C to 2337C.

Update 3.2:
I've added a French ISO kit for now, hopefully some of you guys like it. :]

Update 3.1:
I've ultimately decided to remove the colored arrows on the number pad as well as adding one additional Hangul suglegend B to the spacebars kit. More changes are still to come, however currently looking into FR-ISO.

Update 3:
Sorry for the long wait everyone, I've made a couple of additions to the numpad kit, one addition to the novelties, and added a Spacebars, and NORDEUK kit; I may have miscolored something in the kits so please let me know if I did. Additionally all vendors I am working with have been announced. I will leave these kits up for maybe a week or two before finalizing them, and from there I will get the kits quoted so we can get them priced. :]

Update 2:
Once again changed the base kit a little bit, changed 1.75 delete into 1.75 backspace, added 2U control key and changed stepped control to stepped caps.
Created 40's/ortho kit, many thanks to the 40% keyboard discord, mainly Dr.Higsby and Konstantin, big shout out to them for the help  :thumb:

Update 1:
Hey everyone sorry for the slow update (took me like a month  :( ), but it took me a long time to intake all the feedback, obviously there are probably some still some issues,  through the feedback I've made a couple of changes: hangul sublegends kit, seperating base kit and numpad, changed the telescope novelty, and added a few keys to the base kit. I don't plan on speeding through this process and so it might be a while before I set any specific dates down hopefully you all understand. Lastly if you guys could edit you response for the form that would be much appreciated as I have changed a couple of things, and thank you for visiting the page!  :)
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 June 2021, 20:19:04 by tsoiab10 »

Offline vi0till

Re: [IC] ePbt Dreamscape
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 04:55:06 »
Where is the Korean sublegend ?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline piit79

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 04:55:36 »
This looks beautiful. To be honest, I much prefer ePBT (PBT, not ABS) to GMK - for me, the quality is better, I love the smooth LASTING texture and sharp legends (that can be custom for cheap!). Typing this on ePBT Extended 2048 that I absolutely love.

I haven't seen a reverse dye-sublimated set from ePBT in person yet though.

I would be all over this as I really like gradient sets and the colours of this one are so smooth. But it looks like there won't be an Ortho/40s kit which is sadly most probably a deal-breaker for me...

Offline gboytaz

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 05:56:53 »
wooohooo lets go army!

Offline lmiahhh

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 07:12:21 »
Love this! and love it in ePBT not GMK :)

Offline atlanticise

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 08:25:51 »
Wowwww I am honestly the opposite of a fan of BTS, but this set is objectively beautiful. In every way possible. I love it. This is awesome.

Offline Bobatype

• Discord ID: BobaSweatandTears#1659
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 09:00:25 »
I really like the pastel rainbow gradient, and will be interested to see this as an ePBT set.  Fitting name too.
If there is one thing I would suggest. Some of your novelties are too large/close to the edge of the border of the keycaps. You should make them smaller so there is more room to breathe around the edges.  Also some of the novelties, I'm not feeling, especially the generic looking space ones, since they're more space theme, then actually cute/dream-like. Personally I'd cull/change some, but that's your choice in the end.
Really cute simple desk mats too. Tell your friend that they did a great job executing that.
I did also wonder about legend contrast/legibility, but ultimately I can touch-type, so it's not a big deal for me.

Re: legends. Consider changing your 'Win' legend to 'Code' or 'Super' instead. Also think about the other legends you've chosen:
prt scr to print, scroll lock to scroll, and num lock to num, also your Pg Up and Pg Dn legends are inconsistent with some having space between the two words.
All the best, and glad to see you've made it from reddit concept post to IC :)

Offline norb

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 11:46:09 »
props for having iso in base but you're missing the r3 # and r4 <> for basic iso support :thumb:

Offline LazyAfternoons

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 13:17:10 »
Really cool looking set, keep it ePBT!

Offline beigeandbrown

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 13:48:01 »
Would be sick with gmk but the cost would be insane. Really like the set though, gives a pastel/light theme vilebloom type of feel.

Offline fallenho

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 13:50:47 »
Glad to see that this keycap set made it to the IC stage!
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 October 2020, 13:56:13 by fallenho »

Offline Itsjustseven

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 13:54:25 »
Looks absolutely amazing, cannot wait to see this available in CN!

Offline dak148

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 17:39:53 »
This looks great. Glad its PBT. There are too many GMK sets and they are like 10 months behind. Plus I hate shine so PBT all the way!

Offline Dissitesuxba11s

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 17:51:55 »
That colorway is awesome!

Offline macomac

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 18:50:14 »
holy crap this is very nice. Can't wait!

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 19:03:39 »
You may want to check the base kit — both "ISO" alphas are missing (pink R4 <> and white R3 \| ).

Also, there seems to be no need for two R4 1U Ctrl and R4 1U Alt keys, given that there are colored versions of them as well.

Offline jeniverre

• instagram.com/keebgeek
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 19:04:54 »
Yes I'm in!

Also, can we have a ctrl key in r3 (currently capslock) for hhkb layout?
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 October 2020, 19:07:50 by jeniverre »

Offline reivyn124

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 22:55:25 »
As ARMY, I'm 100% in lol

Offline mellowcake

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 01:25:03 »
interested!

Offline low_key_keyboards

• I like to make custom keyboard cases.
    • Low Key Keyboards
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 01:49:10 »
I know nothing about the reference to BTS, but I sure as heck love this set and color scheme.
100% in!
I'm loving all these gradient color schemes on keycaps!

Offline bansheetango

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 05:31:38 »
Re: legends. Consider changing your 'Win' legend to 'Code' or 'Super' instead.
Second this. It would be in line with other ePBT sets and make the set usable for users on Mac or Linux, not only Windows.

Offline ghstgrl

• Are you comfy tho?
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 10:28:32 »
Looks amazing :) I'll be in I love the constellations.
Space65 | Thera75 | NIZ TKL | Think6.5 v2 | Lily58
GMK Olivia | Comfy PBT | GMK Yuru
Upcoming:
AE Daedalus | GMK Pink on Navy | GMK Birch | KAT Refined

Offline JustDotSushi

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 20:41:41 »
I absolutely in love with this set, will def get when it goes into GB. will be following it.

Offline see

« Reply #24 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 12:56:54 »
Please keep this as a ePBT set. The reduced cost will be a huge plus for many.

I love this, so, so much. Count me in.

Offline elisyan

« Reply #25 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 14:01:53 »
Lovely set. Looking at the deskmats makes me wonder what it would look like with white legends and a gradient all the way through, or white keys with the legends as a gradient.

Offline DoubtsBox

« Reply #26 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 14:31:58 »
This is really pretty and I'd end up coordinating a keyboard just to match this theme. I think it would be nice if there was an option for the gradient to go the other way on the other half of the keyboard so you could either have it gradate from the center both sides or have the color fade from right to left.

Offline chellestial

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 22:18:46 »
This looks super super pretty! 100% in and can't wait for GB! I would think this set could be even prettier if modifier keys caps even more simple. For instance, the enter/shift/caps lock caps using only the arrow legend instead of incorporating the text too. Just my opinion, but 100% down regardless!

Offline Auracity

« Reply #28 on: Sun, 11 October 2020, 10:00:29 »
Not a huge fan of the white. Looks a bit out of place considering the inspiration

Offline Friendship

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 16 October 2020, 17:25:31 »
this is the first set iv seen where I want EVERYTHING. STOKED for this!!!
Collection: LZ GHv2, Esheu Fallacy, Moesode Bliss, Daji Ocho Cuatro, Ace Saturn60, Bolsa Midway60, MLI NUM1, MLI VISION, PW ROTR

Offline ravenfollower

« Reply #30 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 20:07:54 »
I just made an account to say that if I'm going to join any group buys, it's gonna be this one.

I'd love to see this happen.

Offline solidviolet

« Reply #31 on: Mon, 19 October 2020, 22:00:10 »
All my pastel keyboard dreams can finally come true. If I don't end up eating the caps. o-o

Offline fluxlab

« Reply #32 on: Tue, 20 October 2020, 13:15:54 »
That’s clean. Nice!

Offline zoo

• zoo
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 21 October 2020, 02:30:18 »
UwU

Offline SnowShy

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 17:23:48 »
YES PLS

Offline DrHigsby

• The doctor is in.
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 17:41:49 »
Very cute colors. I’m surprised I don’t see a small extra spacebars kit.

Have you considered offering a 40s/ortho add on kit?

Offline paysen

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 19:05:29 »
Add NORDE and count me in :)

That set is going to look great on my E-white TKL

Offline dibkib

« Reply #37 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 09:41:23 »
Omg yes please

Offline frostfiree

« Reply #38 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 13:13:46 »
This is cute but ePBT warp and shallow stems, oof.
Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE | Thermal | Kei | GSKT-00 | Duck Orion V3 | U80 | Salvation | 378 | HHKB | Cloudline | Bias | TKL One | Kaze | Jane V2 ME

Offline Convergence

« Reply #39 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 13:49:46 »
Super > Win.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 16:18:53 »
[mention]tsoiab10 [/mention] I like this set! I only use 40% to 50% MKBs, any plans to offer a mod kit specific to 40%-60% MKBs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #41 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 17:02:47 »
EPBT not good and also. . . . . gradient?  :D
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
[IC] ePbt Dreamscape
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 03 November 2020, 12:40:35 »
btw, I the ePBT brand!

Offline Siraddo

« Reply #43 on: Tue, 03 November 2020, 16:39:06 »
I'm innnn. Pleaseeee make this happen. I need dis

Offline fallenho

Re: [IC] ePbt Dreamscape (1st Update 11/9/2020)
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 10 November 2020, 04:16:44 »
Liking the update :D

Offline tsoiab10

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 10 November 2020, 17:14:25 »
Where is the Korean sublegend ?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
Just added one! :]
This looks beautiful. To be honest, I much prefer ePBT (PBT, not ABS) to GMK - for me, the quality is better, I love the smooth LASTING texture and sharp legends (that can be custom for cheap!). Typing this on ePBT Extended 2048 that I absolutely love.

I haven't seen a reverse dye-sublimated set from ePBT in person yet though.

I would be all over this as I really like gradient sets and the colours of this one are so smooth. But it looks like there won't be an Ortho/40s kit which is sadly most probably a deal-breaker for me...
I am currently in the works on a 40's/ortho kit at the moment just have to wait a little longer, sorry! :]
I really like the pastel rainbow gradient, and will be interested to see this as an ePBT set.  Fitting name too.
If there is one thing I would suggest. Some of your novelties are too large/close to the edge of the border of the keycaps. You should make them smaller so there is more room to breathe around the edges.  Also some of the novelties, I'm not feeling, especially the generic looking space ones, since they're more space theme, then actually cute/dream-like. Personally I'd cull/change some, but that's your choice in the end.
Really cute simple desk mats too. Tell your friend that they did a great job executing that.
I did also wonder about legend contrast/legibility, but ultimately I can touch-type, so it's not a big deal for me.

Re: legends. Consider changing your 'Win' legend to 'Code' or 'Super' instead. Also think about the other legends you've chosen:
prt scr to print, scroll lock to scroll, and num lock to num, also your Pg Up and Pg Dn legends are inconsistent with some having space between the two words.
All the best, and glad to see you've made it from reddit concept post to IC :)

Sorry for my lack of experience but I have definitly noted everything you said, and I've resized some novelties as well as changing the legends you have mentioned, thanks!
You may want to check the base kit — both "ISO" alphas are missing (pink R4 <> and white R3 \| ).

Also, there seems to be no need for two R4 1U Ctrl and R4 1U Alt keys, given that there are colored versions of them as well.

I'm sorry I failed to even realize there were two r4 1u white Alt and Ctrl keys....  :(
Add NORDE and count me in :)

That set is going to look great on my E-white TKL

Currently in the works, might take me a little bit due to not having much experience in NORDEUK kits, sorry!
[mention]tsoiab10 [/mention] I like this set! I only use 40% to 50% MKBs, any plans to offer a mod kit specific to 40%-60% MKBs?

I apologize for the slow updates, but yes it is currently in the works :]

Lastly for the concerns on ePBT warping/shallow stems etc... I will try and talk to the manufaturer to find out more in relieving these issues then just their new molds, additionally I have a coupple of collaborations in mind, however nothing has been set in stone yet so they will not be announced yet but I hope you guys are excited :]

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
[IC] ePbt Dreamscape (1st Update 11/9/2020)
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 16:20:12 »
Thanks for the response about a 40s kit! I like this set & buy epbt keysets when I can, so I’m ready for this set!

« Last Edit: Thu, 12 November 2020, 20:43:13 by William_S_Jones »

Offline tessoftheriver

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 16:19:56 »
This colorway with the hangul sub legends are like my dream set omg i cant wait to see this set come to fruition!!

Thank you for adding the 7 extra hangul characters

How would you feel about making the medium blue color over the "7,Y,G, and V" 2 columns wide, so that "8,U,H, and B" column is also that color. Then push the pretty light blue color one column over, so that the ombre is more even/each color is 2 keys wide?

Obsessed with the arrow keys btw

Hope the spacebar can have something cool on it too? Let me know if you would like ideas!!

Offline chaoskills08

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 20:17:34 »
Absolutely love this set. I am a sucker for a good gradient. Also a 40s person though, so I am super pumped to see what you come up with! Feel free to stop in the 40s Discord when you get a chance, we would be happy to help!

Offline kimchitan

« Reply #49 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 23:04:58 »
oh my god THANK YOU!!! I've been looking for a nice set w/ hangul for ages. Not a fan of BTS or Kpop in general lol, but I'm 100% in and I can't wait! :)