Author Topic: Ordering from Taobao  (Read 3863 times)

Offline bananabox

Ordering from Taobao
« on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 18:05:40 »
Hey all been looking for a mech and I really liked the keycool 84 layout and look. I was on their site but couldn't buy from it, I saw lots for sale on Taobao and was wondering on your experience buying from China either directly through Taobao or an agent like Bhiner? On Keycools own site the keycool 84 was around $85 USD and on Taobao its around $60ish USD this wasn't big enough of a discrepancy to trigger my fake alarm but maybe I am wrong.

Offline Data

Re: Ordering from Taobao
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 18:08:35 »
Qtan has a vendor forum here.  He might be willing to do a proxy for you.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?board=81.0

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 19:15:55 »
Stuff on Taobao is just cheaper usually because it doesn't factor in the shipping the secondary seller paid for, and the markup. I used Taobao Focus who were quick and reasonably priced
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Dee1

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 19:36:39 »
I have used Bhiner. It works well enough.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 19:45:22 »
Qtan has a vendor forum here.  He might be willing to do a proxy for you.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?board=81.0

qtan does in fact proxy, though he's a little slower than most

Stuff on Taobao is just cheaper usually because it doesn't factor in the shipping the secondary seller paid for, and the markup. I used Taobao Focus who were quick and reasonably priced

taobao focus is good
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 19:47:40 »
I also use bhiner

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 19:49:47 »

taobao focus is good

This...I had an order in with engtaobao for the last 5 days...they waited until the switches I wanted were out of stock before attempting to put in my order. Ordered through Taobao focus yesterday, and everything is already on order.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline bananabox

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 20:39:20 »
Thanks for all the helpful answers everyone just need to find a good seller on Taobao but I guess the top choice would be my best bet.

Offline angelic_sedition

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 20:59:31 »
If it's a keycool ii 84, just note that they don't have cherry switches any longer (kailh) or a detachable cable.
QWERTY(104wpm) -> CarpalxQ(modded) -> Colemak(118wpm) -> Colemak-DH
Mouse less.

Offline bananabox

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 05:24:55 »
If it's a keycool ii 84, just note that they don't have cherry switches any longer (kailh) or a detachable cable.
Oh wow that's really depressing, I bet the 87 went kailh too.

Offline xuanwumen

• * Commercial Vendor
    • EZKB
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 08:02:34 »
The ordering button on Keycool webpage does not work actually even in China...

Also now there is no keycool 84 cherry mx switches on taobao, only some with kailh mx .
NIZ KEYBOARDS VENDOR

Offline 3Love

• Bumpino Supremo
  • I want to become a great collector. Greedy!!!
    • https://geekhack.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=5udpfqes4auk9v5m9ucf0eddid1cg2p4&topic=63161.0
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 13:56:19 »
If you living in China, Taobao will be your first choose. But if you living in USA, the shipping fee should be high.
Otherwise. Taobao's after sale should be a problem.
I♥Keyboard  I♥Clack  I♥Brobot  I♥Hammer
                          I♥♥♥friends 
【WTB/WTTF】https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=63161.0

KBD Collection: 356CL, 356.2, 356DGE, Koala, 356MINI, 356N, 356N-MK2, 356PAD, 360C, 456GT, FMJ, LZ-MXSE, LZ-RE, KMAC 1.0, KPAD, Duck Orion, Duck Pad, Exo, TEX and etc.

Offline RavenII

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 09:25:33 »

I also use bhiner

For you guys who have used Bhiner...let's say the total quote is 66.50 USD...is that it? Literally? or am I waiting for another surprise charge afterwards? There're like 6 different shipment methods, but it would seem too good to be true for that to include the shipping on a plate, stabilizers, springs, and PCB....I'm missing something aren't I...

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 09:27:57 »

I also use bhiner

For you guys who have used Bhiner...let's say the total quote is 66.50 USD...is that it? Literally? or am I waiting for another surprise charge afterwards? There're like 6 different shipment methods, but it would seem too good to be true for that to include the shipping on a plate, stabilizers, springs, and PCB....I'm missing something aren't I...

There will be a first payment which is for the item price, local shipping and bhiner fee, BUT there is also a second fee which is just the international shipping charge, it will be based on weight and shipping method. They used to have a shipping estimator but there website recently went down hard and they are still trying to fix it I think.

Every taobao buyer I have used works this way because they don't know the item weight for shipping until they have it and package it up.

Offline RavenII

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 09:34:25 »
There will be a first payment which is for the item price, local shipping and bhiner fee, BUT there is also a second fee which is just the international shipping charge, it will be based on weight and shipping method. They used to have a shipping estimator but there website recently went down hard and they are still trying to fix it I think.

Every taobao buyer I have used works this way because they don't know the item weight for shipping until they have it and package it up.

So...ultimately, you're rolling the dice...if you pay the first $66 and they tell you that it's going to be another $90 for shipping (Let's just say)...you either lose the $66 or pay the $90 more?...hmmmm....that's a dilly of a pickle.