Author Topic: Artisan Storage  (Read 14790 times)

Offline DAVYtm

• #dateless
Artisan Storage
« on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 17:37:46 »
After a while you start to build a pretty sizable collection of artisans... Interested to see what you guys with much larger collections than me do for artisan storage.

I current use this (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FZ35MDW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00) but the wells are a little deeper than desired.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
Re: Artisan Storage
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 17:40:16 »
After a while you start to build a pretty sizable collection of artisans... Interested to see what you guys with much larger collections than me do for artisan storage.

I current use this (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FZ35MDW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00) but the wells are a little deeper than desired.

You guys don't keep all of your artisans on your boards?  :(

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 17:41:29 »

People with massive artisan collections usually don't have all of them on their boards.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 17:42:57 »

People with massive artisan collections usually don't have all of them on their boards.

They just don't have enough boards. XD

Offline thatsmrdoctortoyou

• Dingo babies
    • IG
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 17:43:28 »

:)) My thought is that everyone probably rotates out their artisans. Hopefully they aren't playing favorites and neglecting others!  ^-^

Offline DAVYtm

• #dateless
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 17:43:59 »

:)) My thought is that everyone probably rotates out their artisans. Hopefully they aren't playing favorites and neglecting others!  ^-^

I have between 15-20 right now, I rotate through them pretty often! But I only like maybe 1-3 sculpted artisans on any board at a given time (blanks not included in that). 60% life

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 19:48:20 »

They just don't have enough boards. XD

There's not many members in that position.

But what a position to be in!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline btctopre

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 21:38:46 »
here's what i keep my massive collection in. normally $3.99, travels easy.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 21:39:53 »
here's what i keep my massive collection in. normally $3.99, travels easy.

Ah, tackle boxes are a good choice.  :thumb:

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 22:23:42 »

that's what you think, I'm typing on keyngs right now

just how OP I am

Offline jshane

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 23:28:05 »

You might be interested in something like these http://www.mtmcase-gard.com/products/shotgun/choke-tube-cases.html as they are more shallow. They also make some for reloading dies (ammunition stuff) that come in a variety of colors, have good hinges, are relatively cheap, and about the perfect dimensions.

I've toyed with the idea of building another desk with a window to a drawer so that I can keep my already growing collection of keyboard stuff in when not in use (doubles as storage and display). I'll likely use up some of the MTM cases I have lying around for the misc. stuff that will inevitably accumulate.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 00:56:19 »

Time to make your own container! I'd say go laser cut some birch and add some cushion for each storage unit. You can get your own custom size this way.

Then for the glass, get some clear acrylic.
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 01:02:03 »
call me crazy but I store mine on keyboards.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 01:44:37 »
call me crazy but I store mine on keyboards.

yeah, where else?

11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline DAVYtm

• #dateless
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 09:22:22 »
Thanks for the ideas so far :thumb:

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 09:24:29 »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 09:30:11 »
I have this:

126856-0

but slightly larger. Got it off TaoBao for a few bucks; it's designed specifically for keycaps, so the lid closes just shallow enough so that the caps don't spill out if you tilt the case over--except for DSA caps. Those fall out anyway. The lid doesn't snap shut, so it'll slide open if you tilt it on its open end.
I use this one in the pic to store Esc's and novelties, and the larger one to store artisans. Same square dimensions, but it comes with extra grid pieces to allow for wider caps, like 1.25u and 1.5u caps. However, it doesn't fit large artisans too well, like the SVC girlDC cap or some of Krytone's larger works. May get the Dauber one in OP's link to see if it'll fit larger caps better.

Been meaning to put up a pic with the artisans lately...
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 February 2016, 09:32:28 by romevi »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 12:26:19 »
Mine are in the original bags because I buy them and then forget that I'm never using them.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 12:30:28 »
Mine are in the original bags because I buy them and then forget that I'm never using them.

:(

Everyone is hiding away their artisans and I'm here flaunting them on my keyboard.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 17:20:00 »

Can you take a picture of what the case looks like with caps in it?

I'm looking for something for my GEEK HACK keys. I got a couple of the acrylic boxes that Martin made, but they're filled and he's not making any more.

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 17:24:49 »
^ interested in pics of the Amazon case too

Offline DAVYtm

• #dateless
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 17:32:43 »

I'm looking for something for my GEEK HACK keys. I got a couple of the acrylic boxes that Martin made, but they're filled and he's not making any more.

Those cases by Martin look great. Got any pics of them with caps in them? I remember seeing those a while ago, but doesn't look like they're around anymore.

Here's what I'm using right now. I tried to get a side picture to show how deep the wells are.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 17:34:48 »

I keep buggin martin about doing another run of those.  Hopefully we will see them in the future. 

Offline DAVYtm

• #dateless
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 17:36:32 »

I keep buggin martin about doing another run of those.  Hopefully we will see them in the future.

I hope so. I'm going to head to a craft store tomorrow and see if there's anything that might be similar

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 17:43:20 »

:(

Everyone is hiding away their artisans and I'm here flaunting them on my keyboard.

The only board I use at the minute is my Pok3r that I also use in college; it'd look even weirder with a HKP or something on it ;D

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 17:45:55 »

Those cases by Martin look great. Got any pics of them with caps in them? I remember seeing those a while ago, but doesn't look like they're around anymore.

Here's what I'm using right now. I tried to get a side picture to show how deep the wells are.

Show Image

Show Image

Definitely ordering one of those cases now. I have that Krytone ChickKey and it doesn't fit in the artisan case I have, so this will be perfect for those larger keys.  :D

I take it you're not trying to make the case?

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 17:47:00 »
Also, I have one of these in 6*8

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 17:50:34 »

^does that have a lid? If di, I needs it

Offline DAVYtm

• #dateless
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 17:51:17 »

Show Image

Show Image

Definitely ordering one of those cases now. I have that Krytone ChickKey and it doesn't fit in the artisan case I have, so this will be perfect for those larger keys.  :D

Yeah it's honestly quite a good case. Like I said, my only gripe are the wells are deep so some caps are harder to try to get out when I want to put them on the boards. That and it has the company name printed 5x over on the front of it!

No cover on this? This is a good one, pretty much what I'm looking for except with a lid

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 17:54:24 »
All of mine are thrown in my desk drawer in the bags they came in.  :-[ I'm a bad person. I keep buying them and never use them.

Offline dohbot

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 17:57:05 »

Show Image

Show Image

I bought one of those but it came cracked. :(
That GHer who likes sloths... A lot.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 17:58:09 »

Rarely do any stay on my boards, thus I generally trade them off to people that use and appreciate them more than I.
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 17:59:56 »

Show Image

Show Image

Yeah it's honestly quite a good case. Like I said, my only gripe are the wells are deep so some caps are harder to try to get out when I want to put them on the boards. That and it has the company name printed 5x over on the front of it!

No cover on this? This is a good one, pretty much what I'm looking for except with a lid

It does have a cover.

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 18:00:24 »
Next time j order from anazon, I think I'll order one of the dober (sp?) Boxes

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 18:05:01 »
It does have a cover.

Yep, definitely has a cover.

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 18:13:33 »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 18:19:04 »
It does have a cover.

Order me a 10x10, senpai

In order to understand the future you have to go back in time.

Prew-prew-prew preeeww....

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 18:19:36 »
It does have a cover.

Order me a 10x10, senpai

In order to understand the future you have to go back in time.

Prew-prew-prew preeeww....

I uh don't get it

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #38 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 02:22:43 »

Show Image

Show Image

where's this from?
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #39 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 02:40:59 »

where's this from?

Amazon, search dauber box

I also use this one but it's not so great since it's hard to take the keycaps out , the grid is too tall
but it fits perfectly
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo