Author Topic: Internal FILCO style USB (molex? goes into PCB) cable to female mini USB  (Read 2809 times)

Offline nurbs

I know some vendors like Pexon make these but they are in the UK.

Does anyone here in the states offer an inexpensive solution for this? I could not find anything on Amazon. It needs to be short. I just got a TEX TKL aluminum case and the new model does not have the USB daughter board but has this long usb molex cable that goes from the PCB directly to a standard USB plug. This is not an elegant solution and the cable is therefore not detachable.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 July 2016, 21:18:40 by nurbs »

Offline exanile_tabasco

• settling down
1. The new Tex case does not have this because the daughterboard in Rev. 1 was prone to all kinds of issues. I have a Rev. 2 and it's a fine case.

2. I'm quite sure that Pexon doesn't charge an arm and a leg for international shipping. Last time I checked, the cable for Filco from Pexon (which is actually a full-size USB connector, not micro and not mini) only cost about 14 pounds, and even if in your country customs is as greedy as HM Customs, a value of $30 should not be a problem.

Offline nurbs

It's a little over $50 for the short Filco style cable to be shipped over here to the states.

Offline Pliny

• has 1800 fever
Mimic (http://www.mimic-cables.com/) does Filco cables and he's in Canada... He's also tjcaustin on here so you could ask him about a "jumper" type cable
"He will never, ever give you up. And, most importantly, he will never, ever let you down.”
- Melania T.

Offline vextanys

You could try something like these, depending on how the PCB end is wired.
Internal USB header (motherboard to USB female)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1pc-30cm-1ft-USB-Internal-5-Pin-Header-to-USB-A-Female-Jack-Adapter-Cable-Black-/282073696527?hash=item41ace7090f:g:LIIAAOSwNuxXZSkB

Offline exanile_tabasco

• settling down
Mimic (http://www.mimic-cables.com/) does Filco cables and he's in Canada... He's also tjcaustin on here so you could ask him about a "jumper" type cable

slightly off topic but does Mimic have anything to do with DanGWanG? I could have sworn that two of the photos in the website slideshow were of his Cheat and KMAC (I think). Also, facebook says that Mimic is located in Texas, which makes sense considering all the prices are in USD, not CAD.

As for the cable, Pexon also has the new style mod kit with a custom circular connector that AFAIK comes with both a short cable that connects to the PCB and another that latches on and connects to your PC all for 17 quid, rather than just the short Filco to USB-A receptacle.

Though Mimic definitely looks like it has good prices and since it appears that Mimic is in Texas, that may be your best bet. I think he does Filco - USB A receptacle (female) as well.

Offline Pliny

• has 1800 fever
Also, facebook says that Mimic is located in Texas, which makes sense considering all the prices are in USD, not CAD.

My bad!!  :'( Yes, he's in Texas... I think I was thinking of Zeal, who used to do cables...

Gettin' old  :-\
"He will never, ever give you up. And, most importantly, he will never, ever let you down.”
- Melania T.