Author Topic: How do you store your keycaps?  (Read 4185 times)

Offline Barndenn

How do you store your keycaps?
« on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 01:19:02 »
Right now I'm using a screw box from Home Depot to store my keycaps but I've seen other plastic cases like the one from elitekeyboards or the one shown in this picture. What are other ways to store keycaps and are there any places to find these cases?

Offline Niomosy

Re: How do you store your keycaps?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 01:44:26 »
Ziplock bags that get stored on a shelf in the office room closet.

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 03:05:15 »
I prefer keysets with boxes :)

Some people buy trays for keyset.

Sometimes i find tin containers for them. 

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline keyladding

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 10:39:24 »
zip bags

Offline Barndenn

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 15:06:28 »
zip bags

Not too fond of using zip bags for storing keycaps. I'd prefer a method that can display them in all their glory.

Offline pmck

• Software Engineer
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 16:51:52 »
I use plastic lunch boxes that you can buy in tesco for about 2 euro for 10... haven't had to buy a second set yet!

|        IBM M         |      Wasd V1      |   GH60    | KBC Poker | GHPAD |

WANTED:Nada have all I want for now!

Offline mathilda

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 06:08:24 »
Not too fond of using zip bags for storing keycaps. I'd prefer a method that can display them in all their glory.

Believe me, I tried every solutions I know. Cheap trays, expensive custom acrylic trays, transparent plastic box with dividers, keycap paper with 3M double sided tape... Every solution has its own problem and nothing works as good as Ziploc bags.

Later I bought zipper bags in several sizes. I separate my keycap sets/kits into different bags and then put all of those bags into a large carton box. I'm happy with that now and will never think about another keycap storing solution again.
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 August 2016, 06:13:34 by mathilda »

Offline lovechan

• one for all,all for one,I'm lovechan,doing better.
    • HLZZ Keycaps
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 09:06:44 »
use the acrylic keycap box  (●'◡'●)

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 13:22:59 »
I prefer keysets with boxes :)

Some people buy trays for keyset.

Sometimes i find tin containers for them. 
Show Image

I might do that but bags take up less room than trays.  I'll have to see how much room there is in the closet for trays.