Author Topic: Matias Ergo Pro UK Tour  (Read 2215 times)

Offline ergo_typing

Matias Ergo Pro UK Tour
« on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 09:36:24 »
I was wondering if there would be any interest in a little tour of this delightful keyboard. Knowing whether you want to invest in an expensive keyboard is always difficult and only more so when it's an ergonomic one. So are there any fellow ergo board enthusiasts that would like to try the Ergo Pro?

The tour rules I was thinking about were:
  • at least 50 posts on Geekhack
  • any participant must be happy to send to the next person with trackable shipping
  • shipping it double boxed (the Matias box is so pretty it deserves love too)
  • two week (ish) testing period
  • keeping the keyboard in good condition (no smoking or eating over it!)
  • write a little review

To kick things off, I've written a review here:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=73419.0

Let me know if you're interested

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Matias Ergo Pro UK Tour
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 10:53:23 »
I'm definitely up for this if the board is ISO.

If it's ANSI I'll get irritated when I repeatedly miss the enter key and my review will be tainted by that irritation which isn't really fair on the board.  Or if it's not ISO but you don't mind a very short review I'd still love to get a feel for the switches and the split :)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline ergo_typing

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 11:08:25 »

If it's ANSI I'll get irritated when I repeatedly miss the enter key and my review will be tainted by that irritation which isn't really fair on the board.  Or if it's not ISO but you don't mind a very short review I'd still love to get a feel for the switches and the split :)

Sorry, but it's ANSI. I've never been a fan of the huge enter key on ISO. I feel unpatriotic all of a sudden :)

Let me know if you're interested and I'll add you to the list

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 11:56:50 »

Sorry, but it's ANSI. I've never been a fan of the huge enter key on ISO. I feel unpatriotic all of a sudden :)

Let me know if you're interested and I'll add you to the list

Well each to their own, but I know from trying to use a HHKB that my muscle memory for enter is on the top part of the ISO key.  Typing \ is slightly less annoying than random backspaces but I still think it would annoy the hell out of me!  And as a Linux user I use | a lot so having that key next to shift is great...

Please put me on the list, I'll try and use the HHKB more and attempt to overcome my ANSIphobia by the time it gets to me :))
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline ergo_typing

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 12:07:22 »
Well each to their own, but I know from trying to use a HHKB that my muscle memory for enter is on the top part of the ISO key.  Typing \ is slightly less annoying than random backspaces but I still think it would annoy the hell out of me!  And as a Linux user I use | a lot so having that key next to shift is great...

Please put me on the list, I'll try and use the HHKB more and attempt to overcome my ANSIphobia by the time it gets to me :))

ANSIphobia sounds like a great name for a horror movie :)

"In a world where clacking keys sound from behind every door..."

And will do - I'll let you know when things are further progressing

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 12:45:01 »
I've had this board for nearly two weeks so it will be in the post soon - if you want to try Matias switches or to see if you like using a split board then having a real one to use works much better than switch testers and paper mock ups :thumb:
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod