Author Topic: North Carolina - NC Meetup [Meetup #2 Success!][Local Meetups Being Organized]  (Read 101761 times)

Offline engicoder

Re: North Carolina - Raleigh - Meetup (October 3rd)
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 21:00:42 »
Am I missing something? As a guy I care 0% for my handwriting haha.  :p Heck, my wife's never been able to read any of the notes I've written her probably, just assumes I'm better with words than I am because I have a few crappy poetry books published. Bad handwriting is a good thing  :thumb:

Hasn't been able to read them or doesn't care to read them ;-)

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #51 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 21:21:54 »
Am I missing something? As a guy I care 0% for my handwriting haha.  :p Heck, my wife's never been able to read any of the notes I've written her probably, just assumes I'm better with words than I am because I have a few crappy poetry books published. Bad handwriting is a good thing  :thumb:

Hasn't been able to read them or doesn't care to read them ;-)

+1 beer at the Beer Garden on me
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #52 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 22:31:03 »

Filled out the form.  I'm still a maybe, but I'm hoping to make it down.  :thumb:

do it!  then I won't feel so bad for not making it to TN  :-*

Oh, trizkut will be there? Never mind, I'm out.  >:D

Rude!  >:D :'(

Show Image

Damn, low blow dude. Mocking a guy for his handwriting?

:P

:-[

Haha nah, you're right. I do wish I had better handwriting, but I don't care that much.

But I'm assuming he posted the pic with the intent of blackmail, so gotta retaliate.  >:D

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 09:41:57 »
I'm them was fightin' words, then I wanna see a real fight  :thumb:

I'll see if any community centers have boxing rings and start taking bets before the meetup  :p

Offline engicoder

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 10:03:56 »

I'll see if any community centers have boxing rings and start taking bets before the meetup  :p

I'm betting the reach advantage for Hoff is substantial

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 11:27:33 »
I'm going to make a shameless plea for help.  I think I can swing the cash for the plane ticket down to Raleigh, but I'd much prefer to avoid any other fees like taxi/rental and hotel.  Is there any chance a local could pick me up from and drop me off at the airport (assuming a reasonable time of arrival/departure) and let me crash on your couch for the weekend?  I would love you forever...!   :-* :-*

LOL.  You never know!   :eek:

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 11:34:41 »
I'm going to make a shameless plea for help.  I think I can swing the cash for the plane ticket down to Raleigh, but I'd much prefer to avoid any other fees like taxi/rental and hotel.  Is there any chance a local could pick me up from and drop me off at the airport (assuming a reasonable time of arrival/departure) and let me crash on your couch for the weekend?  I would love you forever...!   :-* :-*

You'd probably just put your hand on my head and laugh while I take swings at the air...  :-[  If I come, I'll be driving, so I might be able to pick you up, can't do anything about the couch situation though.  :))

Offline engicoder

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 19:12:53 »

No problem. I live about 20 minutes from the Airport, so easy pickup. I have an extra bed, so you won't even have to endure the couch.

Offline korrelate

• iubeo stultum esse libenter
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 00:56:54 »
Form filled!

I had to miss the East Coast Meetup taking place this weekend but the good news is this meet up came out of nowhere and it's much closer.

If all goes well I should be able to bring a (silence please) Silenced Novatouch with Dolch and some red EK mods.
I will probably bring some MX caps to trade (or sell, whatever).

Cheers,

K

Topre REALFORCE

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 10:11:03 »

No problem. I live about 20 minutes from the Airport, so easy pickup. I have an extra bed, so you won't even have to endure the couch.

Thank you!!  :-*  Also saw your PM, and will respond once I know more details about my end of this trip.   :thumb:

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 13:56:19 »

If Engicoder gives you the bed, I'll cover your meals and beer and whatever else is needed. Also I'm Raleigh based as well and can swing airport pickups and such no problem if needed as well.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 13:58:26 »
Form filled!

I had to miss the East Coast Meetup taking place this weekend but the good news is this meet up came out of nowhere and it's much closer.

If all goes well I should be able to bring a (silence please) Silenced Novatouch with Dolch and some red EK mods.
I will probably bring some MX caps to trade (or sell, whatever).

Cheers,

K

Sweet! I'm glad this is starting to seem like a decent sized meetup!

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 14:00:37 »
So how many people we lookin at now?
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 14:06:14 »

If Engicoder gives you the bed, I'll cover your meals and beer and whatever else is needed. Also I'm Raleigh based as well and can swing airport pickups and such no problem if needed as well.

Oh goodness, no no no no.  That's far too generous.  I can definitely cover my own food and beer and such, as I would be paying for that regardless of where I am, it's just those extra pesky costs associated with travel that I was hoping to avoid.  :)  Thank you for the offer though, and sorry for the confusion.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 14:57:12 »

Oh goodness, no no no no.  That's far too generous.  I can definitely cover my own food and beer and such, as I would be paying for that regardless of where I am, it's just those extra pesky costs associated with travel that I was hoping to avoid.  :)  Thank you for the offer though, and sorry for the confusion.

I normally play nice on the forums, but shut the hell up. I'm buying all you beer at a very least, but will make sure to have the petty "..no I'm paying" fight like you do with a new GF every time we eat out =p Looks like I'm already grilling out at the house the meetup night anyways haha. But we will have to go to that beer garden with everyone thats old enough/still around the next night or late sat. I'm itching to see what its like.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 14:59:19 »

Currently have 9, will probably snag a few more from reddit when i post there later before the meetup happens, but i doubt anyone will really be traveling from reddit.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 15:06:52 »
I normally play nice on the forums, but shut the hell up.

oh.  okay.  :(

I'm buying all you beer at a very least, but will make sure to have the petty "..no I'm paying" fight like you do with a new GF every time we eat out =p Looks like I'm already grilling out at the house the meetup night anyways haha. But we will have to go to that beer garden with everyone thats old enough/still around the next night or late sat. I'm itching to see what its like.

Dude, you can't just buy all the beer.   :rolleyes:   But fine, we can do that whole back and forth routine if you want.  I can play that game.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 15:08:20 »
Hoff fly me out too?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 15:10:56 »
Hoff fly me out too?

Wha-?  Bu-...

I just asked about getting a ride to save money, and now you want me to fly you out?!

u crazyyyy

I would if I could  :(

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 15:39:11 »
I normally play nice on the forums, but shut the hell up.

oh.  okay.  :(

I'm buying all you beer at a very least, but will make sure to have the petty "..no I'm paying" fight like you do with a new GF every time we eat out =p Looks like I'm already grilling out at the house the meetup night anyways haha. But we will have to go to that beer garden with everyone thats old enough/still around the next night or late sat. I'm itching to see what its like.

Dude, you can't just buy all the beer.   :rolleyes:   But fine, we can do that whole back and forth routine if you want.  I can play that game.

hahahaha. Now to start the CPTBadAss funding.. :))

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 22:36:56 »
Also, since the cookout is winning by a huge bit of the votes, if anyone has records they want to spin while the fooding and beering is happening bring 'em!

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #71 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 07:33:02 »
Also, since the cookout is winning by a huge bit of the votes, if anyone has records they want to spin while the fooding and beering is happening bring 'em!

Jukebox keyset really has you living in the 50's, huh?  :))

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #72 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 07:33:57 »

:confused: :confused: :confused:

* HoffmanMyster ponders the best way to bring records on flight...

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #73 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 07:34:37 »
Hoff, don't you have that really industrial looking record carrying case? Looks like a big suitcase?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 07:49:36 »
Hoff, don't you have that really industrial looking record carrying case? Looks like a big suitcase?

I do.  I'm planning to only take a carry-on, though.  Maybe I can get away with a small backpack and that "briefcase"? 

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 07:52:57 »

I do.  I'm planning to only take a carry-on, though.  Maybe I can get away with a small backpack and that "briefcase"?

Hm....probably could but then you run into the Hoff wants to minimize costs problem. Usually a checked bag is $25.

Hoff fly me out too?

Wha-?  Bu-...

I just asked about getting a ride to save money, and now you want me to fly you out?!

I thought you were saving money to buy me a ticket :( :(

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 08:02:21 »
I'll be in NC next summer for 10 days if anyone wants to meet up then.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 08:41:38 »
Beach? Mountains? I'd be down for a day trip somewhere and could carpool with anyone else interested. Should easily be able to get a day off work

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #78 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 10:08:10 »

Hm....probably could but then you run into the Hoff wants to minimize costs problem. Usually a checked bag is $25.

Hoff fly me out too?

Wha-?  Bu-...

I won't be checking a bag, regardless of cost.  I don't want to check my keyboards.  :P  Don't they allow people to take a backpack + purse?  This shouldn't be any different, right?   :rolleyes:   Maybe I can pack my clothes and a keyboard in the record case.  :))

And I was saving for myself, sorry bby.  :-[

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #79 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 10:58:01 »
Yeah, there is no way I'd ever check my keyboards. Ever.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #80 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 12:11:54 »

Hoff fly me out too?

Wha-?  Bu-...

I won't be checking a bag, regardless of cost.  I don't want to check my keyboards.  :P  Don't they allow people to take a backpack + purse?  This shouldn't be any different, right?   :rolleyes:   Maybe I can pack my clothes and a keyboard in the record case.  :))

We traveled in Europe for 10 days and we each brought a backpack and a day bag, didn't have to check anything on the airplanes we went on.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #81 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 12:20:06 »
Should be able to make this one.  I'll give Wifu plenty of time to warm up to the idea.  :thumb:

Hoff fly me out too?

Wha-?  Bu-...

Yeah, there is no way I'd ever check my keyboards. Ever.

I checked my keyboards.  But I bought a bulletproof case.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #82 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 12:21:19 »

Hoff fly me out too?

Wha-?  Bu-...

We traveled in Europe for 10 days and we each brought a backpack and a day bag, didn't have to check anything on the airplanes we went on.

Good to know!  Unfortunately, if I fly out of my local airport it will be a small plane and might not have the same amount of room on the plane.  :-/

But it'll be alright, I'll figure something out.  :)

Should be able to make this one.  I'll give Wifu plenty of time to warm up to the idea.  :thumb:

Yesssss... Warm her up nice and slow...  Mmmmm.

I'm sorry

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #83 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 12:21:30 »

Hoff fly me out too?

Wha-?  Bu-...

I won't be checking a bag, regardless of cost.  I don't want to check my keyboards.    Don't they allow people to take a backpack + purse?  This shouldn't be any different, right?   :rolleyes:   Maybe I can pack my clothes and a keyboard in the record case.  :))

You can bring a bag to put in the overhead and a second "personal bag", it's why women can bring a bag and a purse.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #84 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 13:08:51 »
Yup, Joey and sethk have the right idea. I fly all the time with a carryon sized luggage and a back pack.

Edit: Hoff has the same idea and I suppose that just this once, senpai noticed Hoff.
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 August 2015, 13:26:39 by CPTBadAss »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 13:17:27 »
Yup, Joey and sethk have the right idea. I fly all the time with a carryon sized luggage and a back pack.

I had the same idea.  :|

Maybe I can get away with a small backpack and that "briefcase"?

Acknowledge me, senpai!   :-[

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #86 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 19:21:49 »

https://twitter.com/Xx__Eric_xX/status/629343312495968257 Based on your avatar, it looks like you were spotting out in public today

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #87 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 19:54:24 »
If anyone near Charlotte or driving through Charlotte to get to Raleigh wants to meet up and carpool let me know. I have 3 open seats in my car if we can cram all the keyboards in the trunk :))

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #88 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 22:03:04 »
Oh so what boards should I bring?  I'll only have room for 4 or 5.

Also I need to figure out what records to bring.  :confused:

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #89 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 22:31:39 »
Oh so what boards should I bring?  I'll only have room for 4 or 5.

Also I need to figure out what records to bring.  :confused:

I need to start some kind of running list of what everyone has.

Everyone, post what you keyboards you plan to bring and I'll update the OP just so everyone can see what people have, and what to bring.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #90 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 22:42:26 »
I have a sad I can't attend. Please add that to the op

Offline blcksqrrl

• I'm afraid that I just blue myself
« Reply #91 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 22:44:13 »
I've got a bog-standard KUL, an AEK II, and Apple Standard (internal usb mod), and an Apple Bus keyboard with SKM switches, and finally a Poker II in which I plan to put some Zealios (hopefully before this meetup).

I had also mentioned that I could bring my soldering set. Based on necessity, this offer still stands.

Poker II MX Blue

KUL ES-87 MX Blue

Apple Standard Keyboard

Apple Extended Keyboard II

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #92 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 23:08:27 »
I have a sad I can't attend. Please add that to the op

done  :-[

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #93 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 23:09:25 »
OP updated, so just list what you can bring and we can see who has what. That way travelers wont need to bring duplicates unless they just want to, which of course is fine  :thumb:

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #94 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 23:35:23 »
I'm just gonna say that if I don't have my 456gt done by then I'll be a very unhappy camper. Other than that, I'll have a leeku/cherry 1800 board.
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #95 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 23:41:41 »
  • sprit60 w/ ergo clears and ghost black mods
  • b.face w/ 62g wyse blacks
  • bolt modded ssk
  • 45 & 55g o2dazone modded hhkbs
  • lsv2 w/ blues

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #96 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 09:17:24 »
Pending any delays from Massdrop, I'll also bring along a NPKC switch tester - has most MX/Kalih/Gateron switches. Would've brought a Model M for buckling spring action but trizkut seems to have taken care of that  ;)

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #97 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 09:45:55 »
Corsa with Gateron black
LZ B8 with Gateron clears 60g
KUL with Gateron clears 65g spring
Cherry G80-5000 with vintage browns

lots of other random stuff if I still have Photekq's stuff here ;)

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #98 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 12:18:51 »
Thanks billnye, OP updated!

Looking like we are going to have quite a good collection of stuff to try out and share  :thumb:

I'm going to have some cards made for people to write down the basic info for each keyboard  as well.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #99 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 12:41:31 »
Here's a list of all the boards I could bring.  Please let me know which (~4-5) I should bring.

• IBM 4704 50-key
  • IBM 4704 62-key ("Kishsaver")
  • IBM 4704 107-key
  • IBM Model F AT
  • IBM Model M
  • IBM Model M SSK
  • IBM Model M 50-key
  • Realforce 10th Anniversary Edition 55g
  • HHKB
  • Realforce 23UB
  • Novatouch
  • Leopold FC660C
  • JD40, steel plate (MX Clears)
  • Dolch PAC (CMYP Monster) (MX Blues)
  • LZ-GH (MX Blues)
  • Skeldon + Phantom (MX Blacks, to be swapped to MX Clears)
  • Custom 65% Project
  • WEY (if you pay shipping :)) )
  • GON HHKB (to be assembled)
  • Duck Lightsaver (to be assembled)
  • Duck Viper (to be assembled)
  • Apple Extended Keyboard II
  • Apple M0110

I can also bring this keyset if desired.  ^-^

Cherry G81-3000 SAT by HoffmanMyster, on Flickr

Thanks billnye, OP updated!

RIP Austere users. :(