Author Topic: UK meetup? (on hold)  (Read 48760 times)

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
UK meetup? (on hold)
« on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 05:45:46 »
Hey guys! I'm currently in Milan for work for the next month or so and was thinking of visiting the UK on one of my many free weekends... just wondering if there would be any interest for a meetup for geekhackers maybe in the next month or so on one of the weekends? Would be great to meet all you fine fellows  :)

On hold for the time being
« Last Edit: Sun, 28 February 2016, 00:11:29 by swimmingbird »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: UK meetup?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 05:52:35 »
I think someone tried to organise a UK meetup a while back.  Not sure if it went anywhere, but I don't recall seeing any pictures, so maybe not.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 05:53:59 »
I think someone tried to organise a UK meetup a while back.  Not sure if it went anywhere, but I don't recall seeing any pictures, so maybe not.

The US ones seem to be so successful! Wonder why there hasn't been a good UK one yet (please correct me if I'm wrong)

Offline joey

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 06:02:14 »
I'd be up for it

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 06:08:17 »
I'd be up for it

I'm going to through out a hypothetical date of the weekend of the 17th/18th October - if anyone is interested let me know  :)

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 06:10:04 »
I'll try to make it, if it's in London.
I think the reason the last attempt failed was because the venue was a gaming convention.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 06:16:22 »
I would love to but BUT that weekend I have plans with people :c and London would be too far for me anywhere it would need to be like the midlands for me to make it :/ I think bunny was wanting to do a meet up but I don't think anything happened of it as that was listed for August :X
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 06:26:52 »
I would love to but BUT that weekend I have plans with people :c and London would be too far for me anywhere it would need to be like the midlands for me to make it :/ I think bunny was wanting to do a meet up but I don't think anything happened of it as that was listed for August :X

I'm pretty flexible on the date - any weekend in october would work for me
If anyone is interested please post what date would work best and if london would be alright for the meetup

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 06:53:53 »
I'm game

Though London would be a hassle to get to and expensive to stay the night, me and bunny chatted about August but with him moving house and his little nipper on the way it just never happened (which makes sense lol)

But yeah I'm down for anything in the Midlands as I'm in Brum City Center, still need to go for a drink with Katty actually..
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 September 2015, 06:55:44 by baldgye »

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 09:07:52 »
17th/18th October is the quarter finals of the world cup. I'm out unless it's a combined keyboard and rugby-watching meetup, or we're done by 8pm (New Zealand match starts at 8pm)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 09:09:43 »
A meet up during a world cup weekend game would be horrendous, especially in London lol

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 09:14:31 »
im happy to host one in brighton at any time
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 09:26:04 »
im happy to host one in brighton at any time

I'd be happy to do Brighton

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 09:34:57 »
But yeah I'm down for anything in the Midlands as I'm in Brum City Center, still need to go for a drink with Katty actually..

Plz.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 09:37:39 »

Plz.

It would be great to get everyone in the same place but it seems like people in the midlands can't really make it down south.... not sure what to do... midlands meetup and then south meetup?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 09:38:43 »

Plz.

It would be great to get everyone in the same place but it seems like people in the midlands can't really make it down south.... not sure what to do... midlands meetup and then south meetup?

I can make it down south, its just me and katy literally live in the same city

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 09:41:11 »

Plz.

I can make it down south, its just me and katy literally live in the same city

should I organise a playdate?  :p

Offline iri

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 14:10:11 »

Plz.

yeah and do one in wales for me please
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline zombimuncha

Re: UK meetup? (in planning)
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 14:26:40 »
Seems like people are unwilling to travel for just a "meetup." So maybe it should be more of a KeyCon type of thing, with presentations and giveaways and whatnot.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 14:40:08 »
I'd be down, hell me and katty are meeting up in brum next week... it's just planning it and tbh I'd rather go somewhere nice rather than london haha

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 14:52:58 »
I'm kinda interested but I'm in the south west so as expected, nowhere near anyone else.

I've lugged a suitcase of headphone related stuff to London and Manchester on the train before but would need more padding for my little keyboard collection.  Oh and it would have to be long enough to justify a night or two in a hotel...
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 17:17:22 »
I'd be down for this but hell to London. Midlands would be perfect. I'd sleep at baldgye's.
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 17:23:10 »
I'd be down for this but hell to London. Midlands would be perfect. I'd sleep at baldgye's.
BALDGYES BEEN CHEATING ON ME?!?!

But yeah as with what foxer said something slightly further north than London would be a lot better.
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
More

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 17:31:10 »
i can only do it down south what with the baby about to drop

but im happy to host and make arrangements, i can put a few people up if need be, brighton is like half an hour out of london, on the sea, lots to do etc

but yeah, sadly i have to count myself out of anywhere else

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 01:03:39 »

Aww yeah only got one bed tho ;)

BALDGYES BEEN CHEATING ON ME?!?!

But yeah as with what foxer said something slightly further north than London would be a lot better.

I'm very liberal

But I'm down for doin something with folk and I think we should try and get bunny involved, given everything he has done, I'm down for a weekend in Brighton

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 01:45:13 »
I'm up for a trip to Brighton, given enough advance notice.
When's the baby due? Maybe we should wait until Bunny's had a chance to re-learn the art of sleeping.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 06:47:02 »
I'm up for a trip to Brighton, given enough advance notice.
When's the baby due? Maybe we should wait until Bunny's had a chance to re-learn the art of sleeping.

the baby is due anyday, but its no problem if its local to me to make time as long as its not within the next week

ill even bring goodies for everyone

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 06:48:33 »
ill even bring goodies for everyone

RITE THATS IT EVERYONE TO BRIGHTON

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 06:50:53 »
Ok so I'm still thinking of maybe doing 2 meetups - both on the same weekend. I'm thinking the first one will be in Brighton on a Saturday (maybe the 17th of October or possibly the 24th depending on what works for everyone) and then one on the Sunday for our more northerly friends that can't make it down

Thoughts?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 06:53:00 »
I'm going to have to work out when I'm available but I'm down for that

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 06:58:36 »
I'm going to have to work out when I'm available but I'm down for that

Sweet - does anyone know of a good calendar tool that we could use to see which dates work for which people?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 07:00:28 »
the 24th is the best for me out of those dates, and teh weekend of the 17th i have a show

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #32 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 07:01:16 »
what sort of hours are we thinking? Day trip or overnight?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 07:04:48 »

I was thinking to go down Saturday morning and stop over the Saturday night in a hotel or something, but I don't know the area

I can't do the 24th (that weekend) as turns out I've got family stuff going on, but the following weekend is good for me... if that, helps? lol
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 October 2015, 07:13:13 by baldgye »

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 07:22:50 »

I was thinking to go down Saturday morning and stop over the Saturday night in a hotel or something, but I don't know the area

I can't do the 24th (that weekend) as turns out I've got family stuff going on, but the following weekend is good for me... if that, helps? lol

Can't really do the following weekend as I'm headed back to Australia on the 30th

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #35 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 07:23:35 »

Can't really do the following weekend as I'm headed back to Australia on the 30th

haha typical! alright let me try and figure some **** out when I'm not at work :P
(but it's not a pre-requisite that I come, I'd like like too  :thumb: )

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #36 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 07:24:38 »
my show is on the night of the 17th

so i can do anytime but then

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #37 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 07:33:38 »

haha typical! alright let me try and figure some **** out when I'm not at work :P
(but it's not a pre-requisite that I come, I'd like like too  :thumb: )

It would be good to get as many people as possible
I know nothing about setting up these kinds of things - anybody got a preference on time of day/ location etc?

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #38 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 07:34:08 »
Actually Bunny you would probably know best on what the best spot would be considering you live there

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #39 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 07:56:35 »
Actually Bunny you would probably know best on what the best spot would be considering you live there

location is easy but it would be sorta number dependent on where i would suggest, so get that kinda thing locked in, and i can work it out from there

once we have some people locked, perhaps start a skype  group chat or something, as im rubbish at checking the forum

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #40 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 08:00:20 »

location is easy but it would be sorta number dependent on where i would suggest, so get that kinda thing locked in, and i can work it out from there

once we have some people locked, perhaps start a skype  group chat or something, as im rubbish at checking the forum

Sounds good - doesn't seem like many people have seen this thread or maybe they aren't interested but I'd like to get some more people involved

Offline Hzza

« Reply #41 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 08:01:44 »
Nice, I'd be up for a meet up for sure. 24th is the day before our daughters birthday so I'll try and swing a day trip down to the coast ;). Brighton's so close though I could more or less do whenever.

Offline joey

« Reply #42 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 08:02:06 »
24th is fine for me

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #43 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 08:21:52 »
Alright I'll set the 24th in Brighton as the tentative date for now
I'll post a google form in a second so we can get an idea of numbers and so forth

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #44 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 08:23:12 »
Alright I'll set the 24th in Brighton as the tentative date for now
I'll post a google form in a second so we can get an idea of numbers and so forth

we need to get baldy in

Offline RabRhee

• Life is just a box of cherries.
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 08:30:46 »
Where is this... Brighton? Is it anywhere near the north coast of Scotland?

Yeah yeah, ok, I know. Ah well, I can't go, not least because of the 1400 mile round trip. Have fun, I shall expect to see pictures of trainers, exotic takeaway food, and pasty keyboard freaks to beat the best of the US meets :)
-Life is good-          Crafting: |  KeychainsMore.   .Keychains | Crowdsource Key | Budget Keycap Board |

QFR Dvorak Greens | Neo 87 Dvorak Blues

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #46 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 08:33:18 »
The reason I 'couldn't' make it is that my gf has a pretty important exam on the Monday and so if I came I'd be flying solo and might have to drive back later on the Saturday and it's a 7 hour round trip, let me have a think

if anyone wants to add me on skype I'm either bald_gye or baldgye I cant remember lol... all I know is that Jinro is my profile pic, coz he's so dreamy  ^-^ ^-^ ^-^
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 October 2015, 08:36:51 by baldgye »

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #47 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 08:38:27 »
Okay.. interest form is here

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #48 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 14:01:32 »
Quick update everyone - spoke with baldgye earlier and he might be able to do the 24th if we start a bit earlier - maybe around lunch time - I'm not too sure what we will do yet but please chuck out suggestions if you have any

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #49 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 15:14:40 »
I find it funny that an Aussie is organising the UK meetup :P

I might be able to come, I would probably drive down, but it's quite a way.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 15:20:18 »

I am British by birth and lived there for 6 years as a kid so you don't need to worry about any convict behaviours  :))

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 15:26:11 »

I was thinking of training it as driving for 7 hours in a day seems like a bit much ha

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 15:28:04 »

I was thinking of training it as driving for 7 hours in a day seems like a bit much ha

Mmmm... Still like three changes as you gotta go through London too D:

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 15:30:59 »

Mmmm... Still like three changes as you gotta go through London too D:

true... yeah idk could make a road trip of it? idk what ima do yet as i can only stay for sat lol

Offline RoastPotatoes

• * Maker
    • RoastPotatoes Keyboard Blog
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 17:55:47 »
I'm kinda interested but I'm in the south west so as expected, nowhere near anyone else.

I've lugged a suitcase of headphone related stuff to London and Manchester on the train before but would need more padding for my little keyboard collection.  Oh and it would have to be long enough to justify a night or two in a hotel...
Two person south west meetup

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 18:01:17 »
It's up to you guys if we want to make this a "keyboard event" or just a meetup
I'd probably prefer just a meetup as it makes location a lot more flexible but it would be awesome to see everybody's setups

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 06:30:05 »
24th @ Brighton works for me, as long as we'll be done-ish around 4pm, so as to watch the allblacks in the world cup semi-final. I'm open to suggestions for a good pub to watch the game in. Looks like there'll be plenty of trains I can catch back to Sutton (south of London) after the game.

I'm assuming people will be bringing a few of their keyboards for us all to ogle and fondle. Hard to see the point of traveling for it if it's just a chinwag in a pub sort of thing, with no toys to play with. I'm kinda seeing this as my big chance to try out a Topre keyboard for the first time - is anybody bringing one? What about Blue Alps? Anybody?
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 October 2015, 06:36:41 by zombimuncha »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 06:38:43 »
24th @ Brighton works for me, as long as we'll be done-ish around 4pm, so as to watch the allblacks in the world cup semi-final. I'm open to suggestions for a good pub to watch the game in. Looks like there'll be plenty of trains I can catch back to Sutton (south of London) after the game.

I'm assuming people will be bringing a few of their keyboards for us all to ogle and fondle. Hard to see the point of traveling for it if it's just a chinwag in a pub sort of thing, with no toys to play with. I'm kinda seeing this as my big chance to try out a Topre keyboard for the first time - is anybody bringing one? What about Blue Alps? Anybody?

i can bring a bunch of different topre, both stock and mods, i guess its easiest for me to bring things down being as i live here

there are plenty of pubs thatll be showing the game should you wanna do that, and some good pub grub and whatnot kicking around here

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 06:47:48 »

I was going to bring either or both my HHKB and Nerd 60

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 06:54:43 »

i can bring a bunch of different topre, both stock and mods, i guess its easiest for me to bring things down being as i live here

there are plenty of pubs thatll be showing the game should you wanna do that, and some good pub grub and whatnot kicking around here

Sounds like a pretty solid plan  :thumb:

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 06:57:43 »

Sweeeet!
I can show off the home-made front legends on my GMK-TA'd FC660M, and maybe more interestingly, my V80-MTS-C. Can also bring Matias QuietPro if anyone's interested.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 06:59:06 »

Sweeeet!
I can show off the home-made front legends on my GMK-TA'd FC660M, and maybe more interestingly, my V80-MTS-C. Can also bring Matias QuietPro if anyone's interested.

I saw that the other day it looks fantastic - would love to see them in person!
I've been wanting to trying Matias for a while  :)

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #62 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 07:01:53 »
I will try to look into what it cost to come down but I might have to miss it although I super would love to come :X
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline joey

« Reply #63 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 07:04:10 »
I'll probably bring my HHKB, and my own PCB design :O :cool:

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 07:04:11 »

I've just checked trains and it's £85 in exchange for at least 8 hours of my life plus 4-6 possible delay causing changes from here to Brighton and back, not great.  No way I'm driving that far either, especially on my own...  Might you be interested in a roadtrip?
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #65 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 07:05:39 »

Sweeeet!

Are the quiet switches of particular interest? I only ask because the fullsize QuietPro is a bit of a stretch to fit in a backpack, but I'm happy to bring it if there's interest.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #66 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 07:19:01 »

I've just checked trains and it's £85 in exchange for at least 8 hours of my life plus 4-6 possible delay causing changes from here to Brighton and back, not great.  No way I'm driving that far either, especially on my own...  Might you be interested in a roadtrip?

While it would be great to get everyone in the same place I understand how much of a hassle this might be - we could always do a meetup in the midlands area on the following day if people are interested

Sweeeet!

Are the quiet switches of particular interest? I only ask because the fullsize QuietPro is a bit of a stretch to fit in a backpack, but I'm happy to bring it if there's interest.

If it's a lot of effort to bring don't worry about it

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 07:27:42 »

While it would be great to get everyone in the same place I understand how much of a hassle this might be - we could always do a meetup in the midlands area on the following day if people are interested

We're complete pains though, nowhere near either proposed meet.  Birmingham is only 4 hours return on a direct train, but move it a little further north to Manchester and it's back to 8 hours and probably a change each way :(
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #68 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 07:33:19 »

We're complete pains though, nowhere near either proposed meet.  Birmingham is only 4 hours return on a direct train, but move it a little further north to Manchester and it's back to 8 hours and probably a change each way :(

:(

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #69 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 07:46:54 »

Sweeeet!

It's not a LOT of effort, I'm just being lazy. If you want to try it I'll suffer thru a half-day of wonky-backpack-carrying ;-)
Actually, I have some extra quiet switches, so I could chuck them in the F-row of the V80 for the day - best of both, no?

Edit:  what about Zealios? Does anybody have a few already? I bet Zeal could hook us up with a few, if somebody's got the time, talent, and technology to mount them into a keyboard or tester for us to have push n prod at.
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 October 2015, 09:45:59 by zombimuncha »

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #70 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 18:08:51 »

Sweeeet!

It's not a LOT of effort, I'm just being lazy. If you want to try it I'll suffer thru a half-day of wonky-backpack-carrying ;-)
Actually, I have some extra quiet switches, so I could chuck them in the F-row of the V80 for the day - best of both, no?

Edit:  what about Zealios? Does anybody have a few already? I bet Zeal could hook us up with a few, if somebody's got the time, talent, and technology to mount them into a keyboard or tester for us to have push n prod at.

Only if you feel like bringing it  :)

I think I've only seen US reviewers with the zealios but it would be pretty cool to check them out if anybody has them

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 06:42:22 »
Ok guys - quick update - looks like we are set to go on Saturday the 24th of October in Brighton

Right now I have myself, baldgye and bunny attending - please post if you feel like coming so we can get an idea of numbers

We are thinking of starting a bit earlier in the day (maybe 11 or midday) and seeing where it goes from there

Offline joey

« Reply #72 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 07:02:27 »
Any comments on the location/plans?

Shame my gf has to work that day, so I'll be coming alone.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 07:06:14 »

If I come, I'll also be coming alone.... hue

Offline joey

« Reply #74 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 07:19:57 »
Coincidence or fate? :-X :-*

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #75 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 07:26:22 »

Not sure just yet but I imagine we will make our way to a pub for some grub at some point

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #76 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 07:38:21 »
i have some good ideas for locations to meet and go to etc, however i think i mentioned depending on the numbers my thoughts would change, so once we have a close to final number in place, i can give some options

Offline RoastPotatoes

• * Maker
« Reply #77 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 07:43:13 »

Possibly but I might be doing something on the 24th

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #78 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 08:10:58 »
Ok guys - quick update - looks like we are set to go on Saturday the 24th of October in Brighton

Right now I have myself, baldgye and bunny attending - please post if you feel like coming so we can get an idea of numbers

We are thinking of starting a bit earlier in the day (maybe 11 or midday) and seeing where it goes from there

I'm in.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #79 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 11:22:31 »
the more the merrier

would be great to meet as many of you folks as possible

anything i can do to help facilitate you getting here etc please let me know

and if anyone has anything they wanna see or try, post it here or send me a pm, i either have, or have access to a ton of keyboard stuff, so should be able to meet most requests

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #80 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 11:23:21 »
I'm gona speak with katty tonight and see if we can work out something as we are both coming from roughly the same place

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #81 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 11:32:44 »
the more the merrier

and if anyone has anything they wanna see or try, post it here or send me a pm, i either have, or have access to a ton of keyboard stuff, so should be able to meet most requests

Bunnylake please send your helicopter for me! ;-)

Things I'd like to see / try if possible: topre, gateron, zealio, as many types of complicated-alps as possible, especially blue.

Things I'm bringing: V80 with Matias Alps (should be all three varieties by then), FC660m with MX Clear and GMK-TA

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #82 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 11:39:55 »
the more the merrier

Bunnylake please send your helicopter for me! ;-)

Things I'd like to see / try if possible: topre, gateron, zealio, as many types of complicated-alps as possible, especially blue.

Things I'm bringing: V80 with Matias Alps (should be all three varieties by then), FC660m with MX Clear and GMK-TA

i can bring some alps, topre, all the gaterons, i dont have zeals, but im pretty sure they are just gaterons with gold springs (i havent followed the thread so if that isnt the case i apologise) so i can make up some of those in various weights

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #83 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 11:49:48 »
I'm gona speak with katty tonight and see if we can work out something as we are both coming from roughly the same place

perhaps for you sir ill bust out the bro caps collections

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #84 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 12:30:15 »
Don't forget to pack your Ski mask baldgye... for reasons :) also make sure to take a camera or something I expect videos people VIDEOS!

My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline joey

« Reply #85 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 12:35:50 »

Are you sure you can carry them all? :P

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #86 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 12:37:38 »

i can bring some alps, topre, all the gaterons, i dont have zeals, but im pretty sure they are just gaterons with gold springs (i havent followed the thread so if that isnt the case i apologise) so i can make up some of those in various weights

I PM'd Zeal to see if he can send us a couple switches...

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #87 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 12:46:56 »

Hahaha sick <3 worth the trip for them alone! But I'm thinking of powering it down morning to arrive for lunch time ish grab some food and then beast it off, not sure yet lol

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #88 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 12:55:22 »

And PM received.

I'll see what I can do. Will update shortly.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #89 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 13:48:45 »

Legend.

Hahaha sick <3 worth the trip for them alone! But I'm thinking of powering it down morning to arrive for lunch time ish grab some food and then beast it off, not sure yet lol

Legend.

And PM received.

I'll see what I can do. Will update shortly.

Legend.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #90 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 18:00:21 »
I will ask the gf if it's ok to go down south for a day in baldgye's car.

Watch this space.

Offline iri

« Reply #91 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 19:11:49 »
a day in baldgye's car.
sounds tempting
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #92 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 19:53:43 »
a day in baldgye's car.
sounds tempting

come to Birmingham Saturday morning. we can make it a road trip

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #93 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 02:15:09 »
Glad to see it's picking up some steam!

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #94 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 03:08:15 »
any objections if this is posted on DT and r/mk?

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #95 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 03:15:16 »
any objections if this is posted on DT and r/mk?

Was thinking that this would be more of a GH thing because members tend to know each other here and because I was hoping for more of a meetup rather than an event where everyone puts down 5 keyboards on a trestle table

This is everyone's event though so I'd like to hear other people's opinions on the matter

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #96 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 03:45:02 »
a day in baldgye's car.
sounds tempting

shame my car is in stafford tho haha

Offline iri

« Reply #97 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 06:31:20 »
the bestest path to brighton for iri

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #98 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 06:49:52 »
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #99 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 07:32:27 »

(Attachment Link)

ahh as the directionally challenged crow flies

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #100 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 08:50:53 »

(Attachment Link)

BunnyLake, please send your helicopter for iri

Offline iri

« Reply #101 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 09:20:49 »
a freight one please, i'll pick up baldgye's car on the go

-Ray Bradbury

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #102 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 10:05:00 »
Has anyone got any opinions on whether to post this/invite the reddit people and DT users?

I don't mind DT but I'm not the biggest fan of the reddit community

Offline RoastPotatoes

• * Maker
« Reply #103 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 10:08:07 »
Has anyone got any opinions on whether to post this/invite the reddit people and DT users?

I did share it on my blog

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #104 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 10:28:59 »

I did share it on my blog

:thumb:

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #105 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 12:11:11 »
a day in baldgye's car.
sounds tempting

shame my car is in stafford tho haha

Yeah, how the pickup is going to work is going to be interesting...

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #106 on: Sat, 10 October 2015, 13:44:17 »
Finished modding my V80 ready to show off to youse jokers.
Top row is:
Esc: Linear (damped)
F1-F4: "Quiet Click" (damped tactile)
F5-F8: damped clicky
F9-F12: undamped tactile
Psc/ScrLk/Pause: Clicky, but with the lighter coil spring from a tactile switch, and with the dampers clipped off at the bottom so it clacks on the downstroke but not on the way back up. Maximum feelz, minimum noise (yeah it's still quite loud tho)

(All switches from Matias)

I hope you enjoy checking it out!

edit: the rest of it is un-hacked Matias Clicky

« Last Edit: Sat, 10 October 2015, 13:46:06 by zombimuncha »

Offline joey

« Reply #107 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 15:25:18 »
Thought I'd bump this, just to see if we're all still up for this.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #108 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 18:07:58 »
Thought I'd bump this, just to see if we're all still up for this.

Yep still on at this rate - unfortunately baldgye won't be able to make it though

I guess it depends as well what happens with Bunny given that he is due a baby literally anyday now

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #109 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 10:26:40 »
Thanks Hoff for the sticky :)

Offline Jema

• CHIPOTLE WHERE
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • You make my words I'm gonna get my grade 10
« Reply #110 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 11:09:46 »
Most of my family lives in England, primarily Epsom/London and it's interesting how they tell me I'm mad for suggesting to drive from London around the rest of England to see the sights because of the distance, but coming from central California that's all you do is drive to get anywhere else in the state. I do love England though, can't wait to visit again.

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 04:48:54 »
do we have a venue and/or meeting time set yet? I'd like to book my train tickets sooner rather than later.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #112 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 05:59:37 »
do we have a venue and/or meeting time set yet? I'd like to book my train tickets sooner rather than later.

Sorry for the slow reply
At this stage I'm not sure if I'm going to make it down this weekend as it's my last w/e before I fly back to Australia and the project I'm on might need me to stay here (in Milan) - I should know by the end of tomorrow though and will let you know

Bunny's wife is having the baby today as well so I'm not sure how good a time Saturday would be

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #113 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 06:03:25 »

Sorry for the slow reply
At this stage I'm not sure if I'm going to make it down this weekend as it's my last w/e before I fly back to Australia and the project I'm on might need me to stay here (in Milan) - I should know by the end of tomorrow though and will let you know

Bunny's wife is having the baby today as well so I'm not sure how good a time Saturday would be
On that note too Good luck bunny and Mrs Bunny!
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
UK meetup? (in planning)
« Reply #114 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 14:11:23 »
Sorry for the very late update but the project I'm working on at work means I won't be able to make it down for the meet up this weekend.

I'm not calling it off but I won't be able to be there - if anyone still feels like coming please post!

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #115 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 15:28:12 »
I'm still keen but obviously it's bad timing for Bunnylake. I'm happy to reschedule. Either way.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #116 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 17:08:42 »
I'm still keen but obviously it's bad timing for Bunnylake. I'm happy to reschedule. Either way.

I'm still really keen to meetup with you guys (and gals)
I'm going to be in the UK from around the 18th of December through to the 26th or so - might not be the best time being the holidays and all but maybe I'll post something in the lead up to that time and see if anyone is interested in doing another (possibly 2nd) meetup

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #117 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 17:48:54 »

I'm going to be in the UK from around the 18th of December through to the 26th or so - might not be the best time being the holidays and all but maybe I'll post something in the lead up to that time and see if anyone is interested in doing another (possibly 2nd) meetup

I should be in my new house by then so there should be a sofa bed for you to sleep on in our house by then :P

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #118 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 17:50:50 »

I should be in my new house by then so there should be a sofa bed for you to sleep on in our house by then :P

:) Then we're going to find some Time Crisis

edit: herp derp how do i quote
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 October 2015, 17:57:55 by swimmingbird »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #119 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 17:56:53 »

:) Then we're going to find some Time Crisis

**** yeah.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #120 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 12:13:08 »
Just a reminder to anyone who thinks that this is still on tomorrow, that the meetup has been suspended for the time being

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #121 on: Fri, 23 October 2015, 13:41:48 »
Just a reminder to anyone who thinks that this is still on tomorrow, that the meetup has been suspended for the time being

had assumed so, but thx for confirming.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #122 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 07:05:46 »
yeah sorry, this month is a bit mental and with Bunny becoming a father and his wife needing time to recover it's probably for the best!

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #123 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 07:21:12 »
yeah sorry, this month is a bit mental and with Bunny becoming a father and his wife needing time to recover it's probably for the best!

I mentioned it a bit earlier but I'm going to be in the UK around Christmas time for a week or so - I know it's a hectic time but maybe we could do something then

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #124 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 07:30:35 »

I mentioned it a bit earlier but I'm going to be in the UK around Christmas time for a week or so - I know it's a hectic time but maybe we could do something then

What weekend? I spend xmas and nye in Italy haha

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #125 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 07:31:56 »

What weekend? I spend xmas and nye in Italy haha

I'm not too sure what dates I'm going to be there but right now I think it is 19th through to Boxing day

Offline ocodo

« Reply #126 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 20:31:38 »

To be fair r/mk isn't really anything like the rest of Reddit.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #127 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 06:52:20 »

Still there are a few people that are kinda toxic there - I doubt those would be the type to show up to a meetup anyway though

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #128 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 11:26:27 »
Redditors have turned up to other GH organised meetups. Not everyone on there is toxic and you probably won't get any of them coming if you talk about them all like that.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #129 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 12:57:38 »

Still there are a few people that are kinda toxic there - I doubt those would be the type to show up to a meetup anyway though

There are toxic people here too. Not to mention that they could simply make an account here to get the info anyway. This isn't an exclusive forum.  :P

Offline Vimto

« Reply #130 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 23:23:33 »
Is this going to happen in December?
I'm from the UK, but live in Hong Kong now.
Will be back to the UK around Christmas for 2-4 weeks.
Would love to meet more experienced GeekHackers as I'm still fairly new to the whole keyboard hacking scene.

HHKB Pro 2    HHKB Pro 2   Realforce 87U       WhiteFox        Keyboardio
   BT Hasu                              55g 10th      The True Fox        Model 01
  Controller                        Anniversary Ed.     On Order         On Order

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #131 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 01:13:55 »
Would love to meet more experienced GeekHackers as I'm still fairly new to the whole keyboard hacking scene.

There hasn't been any developments on it since it got called off
I'm going to be in London from the 19th through to the 27th

If people are still interested I am down for a meetup

Offline gazeddy

« Reply #132 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 16:12:13 »
im interested but london is a major trip for me. birmingham is much better and manchester is fantastic :D

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #133 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 18:19:21 »
im interested but london is a major trip for me. birmingham is much better and manchester is fantastic :D

Same here but still going to be bad travel anywhere but Manchester I guess. It's all about compromises though.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #134 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 09:58:17 »

working pretty much full time bar my trip to scotland 24-28th m8

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #135 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 17:47:38 »

working pretty much full time bar my trip to scotland 24-28th m8

:'(

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #136 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 23:01:27 »
So does anyone think they can do anything around London from the 19th through to the 26th or so?

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #137 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 02:06:04 »
So does anyone think they can do anything around London from the 19th through to the 26th or so?

Definite maybe from me.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #138 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 04:15:40 »

Definite maybe from me.

Awesome

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #139 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 05:39:10 »
I think I'm pretty much working other than the 25th and 26th, I don't think I'm going to be able to make a London meet, not on a weekend anyways :(

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #140 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 09:43:00 »
Any more news? I'll be in London mid March, but that's all I know so far.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #141 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 17:34:14 »
Any more news? I'll be in London mid March, but that's all I know so far.

I was selfishly organising this for when I was there in December - not sure if I'll be in the UK again before Dec '16, so if you wanna set up something please feel free to do it here - if you need title changes or op updates just pm me and I'll put them in there otherwise just start a new thread imo and ill get this one unstickied

Offline PollandAkuma

Re: UK meetup? (on hold)
« Reply #142 on: Fri, 23 September 2016, 03:07:31 »
Sorry for reviving a dead thread. Please inform me if I should remove this post.

IC for a London meetup late this year or early next year?

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #143 on: Fri, 23 September 2016, 11:10:20 »
IC for a London meetup late this year or early next year?

sure, why not?

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #144 on: Sat, 24 September 2016, 03:50:15 »
Since I'm busy in school this term, I hope we can have a meetup mid- or late-April. I'm looking at some hacker spaces, but it also depends on the number of people interested in coming. Also, I know this is irresponsible, but I need someone who is definitely going to take charge of the planning along with me. I asked Sierra from /r/mk and she seems quite willing to do it. This is because of my schudule being so irregular, so I can't promise to be there although I hope to be there!

Anyway, I was listening the ManofInterests' podcast, and depending on the turnout we would probably need some tables. I assume all Englanders will come via public transport, so parking should not be a big problem? The good thing about hacker spaces is that we'd have CNC machines and soldering stations, but then we'd have to pay somehow :)

Sounds like this will be so awesome and fun if it does happen!!!  :-[

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #145 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 05:56:40 »
Hey UKers, join our facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1028791307238170/

Dates and venues will be further discussed there. Post anything you feel relevant and have fun!  :)

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #146 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 06:06:38 »

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #147 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 15:02:45 »
@xondat @bunnylake :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #148 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 18:30:13 »
There are lots of active people from the UK, but all but a couple of them are on the CA Slack and we talk often... Me, bunny, tym, theogbro, photekq, firebrand, joey, baldgye, katushkin, iri, maybe liocer. That's everyone I know in the UK.

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #149 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 19:46:46 »
There are lots of active people from the UK, but all but a couple of them are on the CA Slack and we talk often... Me, bunny, tym, theogbro, photekq, firebrand, joey, baldgye, katushkin, iri, maybe liocer. That's everyone I know in the UK.

Would you guys like to join the facebook group? How can I join the Slack channel?

It's cool to know that many veterans here are actually from the UK :)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 19:40:43 »

Would you guys like to join the facebook group? How can I join the Slack channel?

https://ctrlalt.io/slack/join

I feel like there won't be one unless bunnylake can make it because he pulls us all together tbh, but he's been so busy with everything so doubtful, it's why it's never been brought up

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #151 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 15:35:52 »

I feel like there won't be one unless bunnylake can make it because he pulls us all together tbh, but he's been so busy with everything so doubtful, it's why it's never been brought up

I joined it :) Now just to get approval :/

Just an update, we've got awesome new members on our facebook page joining in. David at MechboardsUK, James from PEXON, and Joe from UKKeycaps and MechSupply. I'll post a separate post on GH soon to get more visibility.

It's ahappening! Raffles and giveaways and whatnot too!

I really do hope that people over in the Slack channel can come. We've never really had a meetup recently. Xondat, could you inform them if you get in contact with any of them? :)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #152 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 15:40:31 »
How did I forget James :rolleyes: My bad.

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #153 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 15:42:57 »

?_? I don't know what you mean. Maybe I can grab a free PEXON cable off of him lol

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #154 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 15:47:57 »

?_? I don't know what you mean. Maybe I can grab a free PEXON cable off of him lol
In my list of UK people I forgot him!

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #155 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 15:58:33 »
My minder says I'm not allowed to be around more than 3 people at once.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #156 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 16:00:27 »

What is the radius of isolation? :))

Maybe you can wear a costume. Do you want to be our mascot? :p

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #157 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 04:23:30 »

A clown costume? :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #158 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 04:08:08 »

no, an ISO enter one LOL
A clown costume? :))

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #159 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 09:18:27 »
An Update:

We have decide to have the meetup in December, and possibly have another one in Januar since some can't make it to December. We are still trying to look for a good location in London to hold it, so any suggestions would be great!  :D Around 35 people from our facebook group have confirmed to be going. I'm crossing my fingers andf hoping it'll be in a free venue!

Offline iri

« Reply #160 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 19:17:56 »
Well, London is much better than Brighton.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #161 on: Thu, 27 October 2016, 05:23:42 »
Is this in the geekhack facebook group or another one i dont know about?

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #162 on: Thu, 27 October 2016, 10:19:19 »

It's another newly created one, we wanted to make one that crossed the "borders" of the online mech communities.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #163 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 08:22:46 »

id be willing to attend or organise one anytime as long as its in brighton

other than that count me out sadly, i doubt ill remember to follow the thread but pm or email me any info or stuff i may need regarding this
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 October 2016, 08:26:09 by BunnyLake »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #164 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 17:01:48 »

It's another newly created one, we wanted to make one that crossed the "borders" of the online mech communities.

Ah OK. What's the name of it?

I'm up for London, but Brighton adds four hours to a train journey which is pretty insane, so I think I would have to draw that line if it comes to it.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #165 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 17:02:35 »
Alternately, https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboardsUK/

Hey UKers, join our facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1028791307238170/

Dates and venues will be further discussed there. Post anything you feel relevant and have fun!  :)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #166 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 17:10:47 »
Thanks dude.

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #167 on: Sat, 29 October 2016, 03:45:34 »
Thanks dude.
:D

id be willing to attend or organise one anytime as long as its in brighton

other than that count me out sadly, i doubt ill remember to follow the thread but pm or email me any info or stuff i may need regarding this

Thanks Bunnylake! I was hoping you'd see this post  :)) i'll pm you the info

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #168 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 18:48:35 »
Hey guys, an update! We seem to have found several possible venues so we have backups in case the one we want is too busy. The main venue for now is going to be St. Lukes Community Centre. This is not a private meetup, just to let you know. We are currently holding a poll on our facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1028791307238170/), where we are deciding between either Sunday the 4th or Saturday the 3rd of December. If you have any suggestions or questions, please feel free to PM me! I'm a mod over at the Facebook page too, so I can add you if you join. We are a friendly bunch, we don't bit  :p

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #169 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 18:54:13 »
What do you mean not private?

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #170 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 19:15:14 »
What do you mean not private?

As in, the location is not in a private room and we might have general members of public around. That said, we are planning to keep a close eye on things so nothing goes wrong. Since it's a free/unpaid space... However the mod who found the venue told us it is a lot less busy on Sundays, which is why I voted Sunday (and also I'm busy on Saturday). I'm also a mod on the facebook page, so if you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to run it through me!

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #171 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 19:34:43 »
Sure, I'll probably come and bring some of my creations, only a train journey away. When will the date be finalized? I also requested to join the group.

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #172 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 04:00:25 »
The poll on the date of the meetup ends this Friday :) the 4th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #173 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 07:15:48 »