Author Topic: UK meetup? (on hold)  (Read 48854 times)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Re: UK meetup? (on hold)
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 19:40:43 »
There are lots of active people from the UK, but all but a couple of them are on the CA Slack and we talk often... Me, bunny, tym, theogbro, photekq, firebrand, joey, baldgye, katushkin, iri, maybe liocer. That's everyone I know in the UK.

Would you guys like to join the facebook group? How can I join the Slack channel?

It's cool to know that many veterans here are actually from the UK :)
https://ctrlalt.io/slack/join

I feel like there won't be one unless bunnylake can make it because he pulls us all together tbh, but he's been so busy with everything so doubtful, it's why it's never been brought up

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #151 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 15:35:52 »
There are lots of active people from the UK, but all but a couple of them are on the CA Slack and we talk often... Me, bunny, tym, theogbro, photekq, firebrand, joey, baldgye, katushkin, iri, maybe liocer. That's everyone I know in the UK.

Would you guys like to join the facebook group? How can I join the Slack channel?

I feel like there won't be one unless bunnylake can make it because he pulls us all together tbh, but he's been so busy with everything so doubtful, it's why it's never been brought up

I joined it :) Now just to get approval :/

Just an update, we've got awesome new members on our facebook page joining in. David at MechboardsUK, James from PEXON, and Joe from UKKeycaps and MechSupply. I'll post a separate post on GH soon to get more visibility.

It's ahappening! Raffles and giveaways and whatnot too!

I really do hope that people over in the Slack channel can come. We've never really had a meetup recently. Xondat, could you inform them if you get in contact with any of them? :)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #152 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 15:40:31 »
How did I forget James :rolleyes: My bad.

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #153 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 15:42:57 »

?_? I don't know what you mean. Maybe I can grab a free PEXON cable off of him lol

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #154 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 15:47:57 »

?_? I don't know what you mean. Maybe I can grab a free PEXON cable off of him lol
In my list of UK people I forgot him!

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #155 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 15:58:33 »
My minder says I'm not allowed to be around more than 3 people at once.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #156 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 16:00:27 »

What is the radius of isolation? :))

Maybe you can wear a costume. Do you want to be our mascot? :p

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #157 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 04:23:30 »

A clown costume? :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #158 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 04:08:08 »

no, an ISO enter one LOL
A clown costume? :))

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #159 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 09:18:27 »
An Update:

We have decide to have the meetup in December, and possibly have another one in Januar since some can't make it to December. We are still trying to look for a good location in London to hold it, so any suggestions would be great!  :D Around 35 people from our facebook group have confirmed to be going. I'm crossing my fingers andf hoping it'll be in a free venue!

Offline iri

« Reply #160 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 19:17:56 »
Well, London is much better than Brighton.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #161 on: Thu, 27 October 2016, 05:23:42 »
Is this in the geekhack facebook group or another one i dont know about?
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #162 on: Thu, 27 October 2016, 10:19:19 »

It's another newly created one, we wanted to make one that crossed the "borders" of the online mech communities.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #163 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 08:22:46 »

id be willing to attend or organise one anytime as long as its in brighton

other than that count me out sadly, i doubt ill remember to follow the thread but pm or email me any info or stuff i may need regarding this
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 October 2016, 08:26:09 by BunnyLake »
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #164 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 17:01:48 »

It's another newly created one, we wanted to make one that crossed the "borders" of the online mech communities.

Ah OK. What's the name of it?

I'm up for London, but Brighton adds four hours to a train journey which is pretty insane, so I think I would have to draw that line if it comes to it.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #165 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 17:02:35 »
Alternately, https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboardsUK/

Hey UKers, join our facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1028791307238170/

Dates and venues will be further discussed there. Post anything you feel relevant and have fun!  :)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #166 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 17:10:47 »
Thanks dude.

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #167 on: Sat, 29 October 2016, 03:45:34 »
Thanks dude.
:D

id be willing to attend or organise one anytime as long as its in brighton

other than that count me out sadly, i doubt ill remember to follow the thread but pm or email me any info or stuff i may need regarding this

Thanks Bunnylake! I was hoping you'd see this post  :)) i'll pm you the info

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #168 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 18:48:35 »
Hey guys, an update! We seem to have found several possible venues so we have backups in case the one we want is too busy. The main venue for now is going to be St. Lukes Community Centre. This is not a private meetup, just to let you know. We are currently holding a poll on our facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1028791307238170/), where we are deciding between either Sunday the 4th or Saturday the 3rd of December. If you have any suggestions or questions, please feel free to PM me! I'm a mod over at the Facebook page too, so I can add you if you join. We are a friendly bunch, we don't bit  :p

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #169 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 18:54:13 »
What do you mean not private?

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #170 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 19:15:14 »
What do you mean not private?

As in, the location is not in a private room and we might have general members of public around. That said, we are planning to keep a close eye on things so nothing goes wrong. Since it's a free/unpaid space... However the mod who found the venue told us it is a lot less busy on Sundays, which is why I voted Sunday (and also I'm busy on Saturday). I'm also a mod on the facebook page, so if you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to run it through me!

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #171 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 19:34:43 »
Sure, I'll probably come and bring some of my creations, only a train journey away. When will the date be finalized? I also requested to join the group.

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #172 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 04:00:25 »
The poll on the date of the meetup ends this Friday :) the 4th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #173 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 07:15:48 »