Author Topic: [Give Away] IBM Model F XT  (Read 9199 times)

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
Re: [Give Away] IBM Model F XT
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 08:53:14 »
Mobbo- great guy, started around the same time i did and had some pleasant conversations about caps. First canuck I talked with on GH

I must have missed this somehow. Thanks a lot for the nomination, I really appreciate it  :-[

I greatly appreciate the thought but I already have more model f than I want. :thumb:

Fair enough!
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 November 2015, 09:56:14 by mobbo »
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 17:20:14 »
I'll also nominate Snowdog993 - he doesn't hesitate to hop in to help someone with any buckling spring questions.  He has responded a number of times to queries I've had, and usually posts a couple of pictures of his collection as inspiration... Although as ander noted, he apparently doesn't like Model F...

Yes, he's a swell guy. And now I'm starting to hope more people will pick him, just so we can enjoy how he reacts to the idea of winning a Model F.  :?)
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline neverused

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 20:22:12 »
And the winner is livingspeedbump! You'll get a pm shortly, I'm holding a sleeping baby while chasing a 2 year old so I'm tied up at the moment.

Congratulations and thank you everyone for voting sharing your nominations!

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 20:33:12 »
Congrats livingspeedbump!
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 03:53:05 »
Congratulations livingspeedbump :)

Thank you for your generosity, never used!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 19:00:45 »
Let's give the next one to Snowdog, okay? And not tell him first.  :?)
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 20:12:28 »
I had no idea this existed!!! I have so many people I'd want to nominate  :confused:

Thanks everyone for the kind words though <3
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline neverused

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 20:30:38 »
I had no idea this existed!!! I have so many people I'd want to nominate  :confused:

Thanks everyone for the kind words though <3
Too late!

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 00:41:19 »
Congrats livingspeedbump! :D
Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline rm-rf

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 00:56:15 »
Congrats! it is an amazing board, I use to have one just like it!

Offline XMIT

• formerly jsoltren
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 12:57:16 »
And the winner is livingspeedbump! You'll get a pm shortly, I'm holding a sleeping baby while chasing a 2 year old so I'm tied up at the moment.

Oh thank goodness, I thought I was the only one. Commiserating dad PM coming your way.

Offline neverused

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 12:59:49 »

Oh thank goodness, I thought I was the only one. Commiserating dad PM coming your way.
Thanks! Yeah you're not alone.

Also, this had been shipped to livingspeedbump himself as of a few minutes ago!

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 13:14:24 »
I remember those days. Diapers?

Wait until it's "Daddy, can I borrow the car?"
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 19:15:08 »
I remember those days. Diapers?

Wait until it's "Daddy, can I borrow the car?"

With healthy doses of "Dad, can I have some money please" in between!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #64 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 19:06:19 »
Hey! So USPS delivered the keyboard safe and sound today :thumb: Thanks again neverused and all those kind people that voted for me.

So far I've done a tear down to see what I'm working with internally, and cleaned her up a bit.

Next up is soaking the plate in water/vinegar (thanks Engicoder for that tip!), refoaming it, and internal soarers mod :)

I'll be sure to keep posting pics on the way  :thumb:

Offline neverused

« Reply #65 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 19:22:58 »
Looks great! I can hardly recognize it, looking forward to your rebuild!

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 19:24:32 »
Hey! So USPS delivered the keyboard safe and sound today :thumb: Thanks again neverused and all those kind people that voted for me.

So far I've done a tear down to see what I'm working with internally, and cleaned her up a bit.
Show Image

Show Image

Next up is soaking the plate in water/vinegar (thanks Engicoder for that tip!), refoaming it, and internal soarers mod :)

Nice to see its in good hands! Looks brand new!
Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline neverused

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 20:08:34 »

Show Image

Show Image

Nice to see its in good hands! Looks brand new!
He did a lot of work to make it look that nice.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #68 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 08:32:15 »
So! I have not forgotten to post here. techmattr was overly kind as well and is making me a cable for this keyboard for free  :eek:

Soarers converter is doing the job well, typing on the keyboard now. I have been using the XT as my daily driver the last few days, such a wonderful keyboard!

I always like keeping vintage boards stock if i can. Naturally the red plate isn't stock, but I can easily refinish that if needed. The USB connector in the back was selected so that it would fit tightly into the slot without having to cut anything.

Monday the caps I ordered from unicomp will arrive :) When the cable arrives I will post a log of everything in the keyboard section and post a link here!

Offline neverused

« Reply #69 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 10:17:52 »
So! I have not forgotten to post here. techmattr was overly kind as well and is making me a cable for this keyboard for free  :eek:

Soarers converter is doing the job well, typing on the keyboard now. I have been using the XT as my daily driver the last few days, such a wonderful keyboard!

I always like keeping vintage boards stock if i can. Naturally the red plate isn't stock, but I can easily refinish that if needed. The USB connector in the back was selected so that it would fit tightly into the slot without having to cut anything.

Monday the caps I ordered from unicomp will arrive :) When the cable arrives I will post a log of everything in the keyboard section and post a link here!
That's great news! Looking forward to seeing the restoration log.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #70 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 11:08:48 »