Author Topic: Hoffman Drives to Florida; or, Let's Meetup From WI to FL! (SCHEDULE POSTED)  (Read 39982 times)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Hoffman Drives to Florida; or, Let's Meetup From WI to FL! (SCHEDULE POSTED)
« Reply #150 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 23:44:22 »
16 hours

Sixteen ****ing hours in the car today

Holy ****

1/10 do not recommend EVER

I'll post some musings from the trip down tomorrow after I wake up from my coma
I told you that **** is no joke. No one ever drive 16 hours in one day. It will make you want to commit suicide.

Yeah done it more times than I care to remember with 2 kids and a wife along for the ride, I think our longest was 19 hours.

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
Re: Hoffman Drives to Florida; or, Let's Meetup From WI to FL! (SCHEDULE POSTED)
« Reply #151 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 23:50:11 »
16 hours

Sixteen ****ing hours in the car today

Holy ****

1/10 do not recommend EVER

I'll post some musings from the trip down tomorrow after I wake up from my coma

Good thing you have lots of places to stop on the way back :D

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #152 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 08:51:40 »
Hanging out at HPN's place sounds groovy. I'll bring my Sony Handycam for documenting the ensuing shenanigans. I can also bring some vintage gaming consoles if anyone is interested in some olde-school throwdowns (Atari 2600, NES, SuperNES, etc.).

I'll relist my previous venue recommendations:
In Winter Park: Fiddler's Green (authentic UK food and bar) and several good local java joints within walking distance, Stardust Coffee (across the street from Park Av CD)
Mills 50 district: several fine Vietnamese noodle shoppes, The BART (fancy beers and classic arcade machines)
Waterford Lakes: Vespr coffee shop, more Vietnamese places and other fine eating establishments, Cloak & Blaster gaming pub
Orlando: Gods & Monsters gaming pub/store in Artegon Mall along with a good sushi place (U-Roll), Pom's (hipster-y sandwich/salad/tea place)

Those all sound great.  Also there was a vinyl store somewhere that someone mentioned (I don't vinyl, but I appreciate those who do).

Sorry HPN, ya missed the cut off.  :(  Only keyboard I have is the HHKB.

And if I can't get a bed in Tampa, maybe we could just do another night in Orlando?

I think that would work; call me today and we can talk it out.  Are you thinking of spending the same time in Orlando, just moving it up a day, or spending longer here?
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #153 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 10:11:50 »
Hanging out at HPN's place sounds groovy. I'll bring my Sony Handycam for documenting the ensuing shenanigans. I can also bring some vintage gaming consoles if anyone is interested in some olde-school throwdowns (Atari 2600, NES, SuperNES, etc.).

In Winter Park: Fiddler's Green (authentic UK food and bar) and several good local java joints within walking distance, Stardust Coffee (across the street from Park Av CD)
Mills 50 district: several fine Vietnamese noodle shoppes, The BART (fancy beers and classic arcade machines)
Waterford Lakes: Vespr coffee shop, more Vietnamese places and other fine eating establishments, Cloak & Blaster gaming pub
Orlando: Gods & Monsters gaming pub/store in Artegon Mall along with a good sushi place (U-Roll), Pom's (hipster-y sandwich/salad/tea place)

Those all sound great.  Also there was a vinyl store somewhere that someone mentioned (I don't vinyl, but I appreciate those who do).

He was talking about Park Ave Cd's :D Lineage coffee is also right by there along with Stardust coffee (which I have yet to go to :( ) and also East End Market which has a few good food places in there as well!
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #154 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 13:56:13 »
BTW GRIMEYS in Nashville is a world class record store  :thumb: About 10 mins from downtown.
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline smarmar

• My other Dell Quiet Keys is a Model M
    • Short Stories to Read in the Dark
« Reply #155 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 23:31:10 »

He was talking about Park Ave Cd's :D Lineage coffee is also right by there along with Stardust coffee (which I have yet to go to :( ) and also East End Market which has a few good food places in there as well!

I'm all about trying new non-commercial coffee shoppes and eateries  :thumb:
There's also a small vinyl store beside Pom's restaurant called Retro Records and Tapes on Bumby Av. And of course there's always Rock-n-Roll Heaven on Orange Av in the antique district. My favourite locale for picking up good records is the flea market, believe it or not. They all need a good cleaning when you get them home but you can find some nice rares there. Gotta support the local music establishments!
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #156 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 23:35:53 »

I'm all about trying new non-commercial coffee shoppes and eateries  :thumb:
There's also a small vinyl store beside Pom's restaurant called Retro Records and Tapes on Bumby Av. And of course there's always Rock-n-Roll Heaven on Orange Av in the antique district. My favourite locale for picking up good records is the flea market, believe it or not. They all need a good cleaning when you get them home but you can find some nice rares there. Gotta support the local music establishments!

I'm down for the flea market :D

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #157 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 03:05:05 »
Tampa folks anyone have any suggestions? We are coming close. :)

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #158 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 08:34:16 »
^^meet at Ikea ... LOL

Offline LXXXIX

« Reply #159 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 08:49:29 »
^^meet at Ikea ... LOL

LMAO a bunch of people gathering at the food court with keyboards on Saturday at IKEA. That would be interesting. I like those meatballs though. :P

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #160 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 06:19:16 »
On my way to meet hoffman!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #161 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 06:23:47 »
Tampa folks anyone have any suggestions? We are coming close. :)

I PMed you! Text me so we can discuss with Vesper and meetup somewhere to chat.  :)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #162 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 06:24:05 »
On my way to meet hoffman!

Yeeeeeeeeeeee   ;D

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #163 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 07:56:10 »
rainb1ood has such a great sleeper collection of artisans. Had no idea he has so many!  :eek:

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #164 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 08:24:06 »
rainb1ood has such a great sleeper collection of artisans. Had no idea he has so many!  :eek:

ORANGE D:

I'm jealous of America :(
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #165 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 09:05:45 »
Ok, so we Orlando peeps (haha, iPhone kept trying to say "perps") need to figure out our plans for at least tomorrow.

Do you guys want to hang out at my place?  We could do something like 1-6pm...you can continue to hang out somewhere else but I will need to put my kids down and get the family ready for the week.

Everyone can bring their keyboards and keyboard accouterments, retro games, etc., and play with all that and/or watch NFL.

We could also grill out, my grill is old but it works and probably has one or two sessions left in her.

What say ye?

I'm also fine doing something else if anyone has other suggestions...we have Monday to goof off too.
I'm back.

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #166 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 09:13:12 »
Ok, so we Orlando peeps (haha, iPhone kept trying to say "perps") need to figure out our plans for at least tomorrow.

Do you guys want to hang out at my place?  We could do something like 1-6pm...you can continue to hang out somewhere else but I will need to put my kids down and get the family ready for the week.

Everyone can bring their keyboards and keyboard accouterments, retro games, etc., and play with all that and/or watch NFL.

We could also grill out, my grill is old but it works and probably has one or two sessions left in her.

What say ye?

I'm also fine doing something else if anyone has other suggestions...we have Monday to goof off too.

Monday I say we all meet at Vespr and then plan from there? For tomorrow I'm not sure if I can stay for awhile, but I will try to stop by to just say hi :D

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #167 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 09:19:12 »
Sweet road trip!  Too bad I'm travelling too and am not on your route. :(  But enjoy the visits as the return trip should be epic!  Post pics of the meetups!

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #168 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 11:54:51 »
any update for nashville?

Mashby are you in charge again? when/where are we meeting up first?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #169 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 15:02:56 »

I haven't made any plans for Nashville yet. If people want to plan without me, that is fine. I can just tag along.  :)

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #170 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 15:16:27 »
I've PM'ed everyone I know of in Orlando.  If you're in Orlando and didn't get a PM from me on Saturday afternoon, let me know.
I'm back.

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #171 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 15:36:01 »

I haven't made any plans for Nashville yet. If people want to plan without me, that is fine. I can just tag along.  :)

WIll there be a trading sesh for HoffNudes?

Lol

Offline joey

« Reply #172 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 15:40:06 »
Hoff can you play a detour?

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #173 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 15:42:46 »

Kidnap Vesper and bring them to Orlando okay?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #174 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 15:51:55 »

WIll there be a trading sesh for HoffNudes?

Lol

Hoff can you play a detour?

Show Image

LOL yeah no prob. You paying?

Kidnap Vesper and bring them to Orlando okay?

Vesper kidnapping in progress. 

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #175 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 15:53:32 »
Keyboards and boba tea.

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #176 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 15:56:17 »
Keyboards and boba tea.

Those snackeys thou....

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #177 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 15:59:22 »
Keyboards and boba tea.

Those snackeys thou....

You can't even see the fn snackeys in that pic...  ;)

Offline joey

« Reply #178 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 16:03:30 »

LOL yeah no prob. You paying?

I'll make it worth it :-*

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #179 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 16:05:31 »
Keyboards and boba tea.

Those snackeys thou....

You can't even see the fn snackeys in that pic...  ;)

So yeah... if those accidentally go missing while you are here in Orlando it totally wasn't me.. Nope... not at all...

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #180 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 16:13:43 »
Is nashville set yet? if you still need a place to stay just text me, I think i may have someone with a room. As of now I still am working but trying my hardest to get off. May have to offer up noodz to coworkers but will be ok with that.   :eek:

<- My Collection (so far)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #181 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 16:24:20 »
Is nashville set yet? if you still need a place to stay just text me, I think i may have someone with a room. As of now I still am working but trying my hardest to get off. May have to offer up noodz to coworkers but will be ok with that.   :eek:

Nashville timing is set, but agenda is not. If you can help in any way with a place to sleep it would be appreciated.

Pls send noodz so you can go.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #182 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 17:20:07 »
Tampa group shot

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #183 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 18:36:27 »
Tampa dinner. I am having pho, Vesper having rice and pork thing.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #184 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 18:36:43 »
stop driving and typing u tall bastard
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #185 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 18:39:48 »
stop driving and typing u tall bastard

Why can't I drive

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #186 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 18:40:25 »
because you're typing on your cellular smartphone

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #187 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 18:44:14 »

Did you even read? I'm eating dinner with Vesper.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #188 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 18:45:28 »
IM JUST LOOKING OUT FOR YOU

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #189 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 18:45:59 »

THANKS DAD

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #190 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 18:46:21 »

[/quote
It's rude to be texting on a date :( good luck getting those snuggles

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #191 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 18:47:32 »

[/quote
It's rude to be texting on a date :( good luck getting those snuggles

VESPER ALREADY BAILED ON THE SNUGGLES THO

:'(

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #192 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 18:48:22 »

THANKS DAD

YOU'RE WELCOME MY SON.

BTW HOW DID U GET SO TALL IM A MIDGET :(

AM I REALLY YOUR FATHER OR DOES YOUR MOM HAVE SOME EXPLAINING TO DO?

HAVE FUN ON YOUR DATE SON

Offline LXXXIX

« Reply #193 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 18:58:55 »
It was fun guys! Be safe driving Hoff and Vesp!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #194 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 19:04:46 »
It was fun guys! Be safe driving Hoff and Vesp!

Thanks for hanging out! I had a blast with you two today.  :-*

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #195 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 20:27:55 »
Drive safely you guys!

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #196 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 20:43:21 »
How about a detour to PA? :p

We got a lot of Pittsburgh users and I'm sure Binge would love it too. Sadly, I know it's way out of your way.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #197 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 20:47:06 »
Tampa group shot

Tampa dinner. I am having pho, Vesper having rice and pork thing.

Tampa = everything Vesper - confirmed

Offline LXXXIX

« Reply #198 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 20:50:39 »
I was there too. :(

Offline smarmar

• My other Dell Quiet Keys is a Model M
    • Short Stories to Read in the Dark
« Reply #199 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 20:52:58 »
Tampa group shot

Nice! Man, I need to get me some sweet caps!
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]