Author Topic: Hoffman Drives to Florida; or, Let's Meetup From WI to FL! (SCHEDULE POSTED)  (Read 39985 times)

Online HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: Hoffman Drives to Florida; or, Let's Meetup From WI to FL!
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 22:32:58 »
I'll be in orlando from Dec 20th to Jan 10th from college so if anyone plans something in the Central Florida area I'm totally down! Maybe we could go to an Orlando Magic game as they have a home game on the 30th and on the 6th. If anyone is into climbing there is also a really popular bouldering and rock climbing gym in lake mary which is like 30 minutes away from us. Just let me know what the plan is and I'll do my best to come!!

Oooh, definitely!  You'll have to join us for whatever it is we end up doing.  :D  Orlando Magic sounds like basketball, which isn't quite my cup of tea, but I'm into anything with cool people so I could be swayed (or if it's like a must-see team or something that's fine too).  Climbing, on the other hand, is something I'm very much into but very much out of shape in doing.  :|  But I could pretend to be in shape for a day or two.  :))

Either way, we'll have to be sure to keep you in the loop.  :thumb:

So close. Nothing mech-related happens in Miami

Drive to Orlando!  It's only three and a half hours.

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 22:38:30 »
I'll be in orlando from Dec 20th to Jan 10th from college so if anyone plans something in the Central Florida area I'm totally down! Maybe we could go to an Orlando Magic game as they have a home game on the 30th and on the 6th. If anyone is into climbing there is also a really popular bouldering and rock climbing gym in lake mary which is like 30 minutes away from us. Just let me know what the plan is and I'll do my best to come!!

Oooh, definitely!  You'll have to join us for whatever it is we end up doing.  :D  Orlando Magic sounds like basketball, which isn't quite my cup of tea, but I'm into anything with cool people so I could be swayed (or if it's like a must-see team or something that's fine too).  Climbing, on the other hand, is something I'm very much into but very much out of shape in doing.  :|  But I could pretend to be in shape for a day or two.  :))

Either way, we'll have to be sure to keep you in the loop.  :thumb:

yes please keep me in the loop! I haven't climbed since the summer in like August so I too am out of climbing shape. I can send you a link to their instagram if you wanna see the gym! I think it would be a fun thing to do, but im down for whatever.
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline Data

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 07:29:35 »
I have a feeling I'll be working, but let me know what you guys decide to do and I'll try to meet up.  It's 3.5 hours to Orlando from Sanibel so we could do lunch.  /shrug

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 07:31:17 »
I just want to get Mickey Hats with Hoff and the other lovely FL GHers :(. So sad I won't be in the country when this happens...

* CPTBadAss cries

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 07:34:12 »
I drove from Indy to Atlanta a couple of years ago, it is a very nice high way, I will not be in the country but I hope you get a nice and safe trip.

Offline Hexterdude

• I have a problem when it come to artisans
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 07:49:45 »
you wouldn't happen to have a detour to tulsa would you :D

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 08:24:11 »
This NEEDS to happen. Nothing keyboard related happens out here. I'm down for anything out in Orlando or Tampa. Maybe we should have a poll or something on what to do?

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 08:29:06 »
I live in Fort Myers, FL! My eyes opened wide when I saw the star marker on it lol

I'm in!

Offline smarmar

• My other Dell Quiet Keys is a Model M
    • Short Stories to Read in the Dark
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 14:43:25 »
I'm not the most inventive person when it comes to tour-guiding.  Sorry.  I do like to hang out though.

In Central Florida/Orlando/Tampa, here are are some things I thought of to do, with estimated costs:
Theme parks: Disney, Universal, etc. (approx $110/day + parking + food)
Gatorland, etc.: $40 (hold gators, eat gators, learn about gators, etc.)
Airboat rides/swamp tours: $50-$100 depending on duration
Grill/hang out/watch TV at my house

It will probably not be warm enough for beach/swimming.  No spring training at that time.  Demolition derby isn't operating that weekend.  No football or soccer in season at that time. 

Please if other people have some ideas post them.  I'm just a moron with this kind of thing, sorry.

Oh you don't need to tour guide or do anything fancy!  Sorry if that's what it seemed like I was implying.  Even anything as simple as "we'll hit this vidya game store one day, these ice cream shops every day, grillout every meal at my house", etc.  Just to get an idea of how much time I should be spending in FL.  I have been wanting to spend some time with you, Vesper, and the other FL peeps for quite some time, so I just want to be sure I give the proper time (as opposed to just stopping for two hours for lunch).  Hope that helps.  :)  So we don't need to get crazy and spend a bunch of money or anything.  Unless you want to go skydiving, of course.  :3

I'm in Orlando and regularly frequent Tampa (my olde stomping grounds). The Orlando/Tampa area is riddled with local exotic coffee shoppes, gaming pubs, climbing gyms, and other what-have-yous where we could all meet. Heedpantsnow's place sound good too. :cool: It would be awesome if a bunch of us FLOridahz could get together during this tour.

Speaking of gaming pubs: there's a themed pub called The Cloak & Blaster near Waterford Lakes and a geek store called Gods & Monsters in The Artegon Mall on I-Drive (both in Orlando). One has good food and both have excellent specialty beers and lots of room for gaming (cards, vidja, board, RPG, etc.).

I have a business trip sometime in early January but I don't think it will interfere.
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #59 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 17:46:03 »
I might make a weekend trip out of it if there's enough people in Orlando or Tampa (or even better, Ft. Myers)

Online HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 17:50:43 »
I'm not the most inventive person when it comes to tour-guiding.  Sorry.  I do like to hang out though.

In Central Florida/Orlando/Tampa, here are are some things I thought of to do, with estimated costs:
Theme parks: Disney, Universal, etc. (approx $110/day + parking + food)
Gatorland, etc.: $40 (hold gators, eat gators, learn about gators, etc.)
Airboat rides/swamp tours: $50-$100 depending on duration
Grill/hang out/watch TV at my house

It will probably not be warm enough for beach/swimming.  No spring training at that time.  Demolition derby isn't operating that weekend.  No football or soccer in season at that time. 

Please if other people have some ideas post them.  I'm just a moron with this kind of thing, sorry.

Oh you don't need to tour guide or do anything fancy!  Sorry if that's what it seemed like I was implying.  Even anything as simple as "we'll hit this vidya game store one day, these ice cream shops every day, grillout every meal at my house", etc.  Just to get an idea of how much time I should be spending in FL.  I have been wanting to spend some time with you, Vesper, and the other FL peeps for quite some time, so I just want to be sure I give the proper time (as opposed to just stopping for two hours for lunch).  Hope that helps.  :)  So we don't need to get crazy and spend a bunch of money or anything.  Unless you want to go skydiving, of course.  :3

I'm in Orlando and regularly frequent Tampa (my olde stomping grounds). The Orlando/Tampa area is riddled with local exotic coffee shoppes, gaming pubs, climbing gyms, and other what-have-yous where we could all meet. Heedpantsnow's place sound good too. :cool: It would be awesome if a bunch of us FLOridahz could get together during this tour.

Speaking of gaming pubs: there's a themed pub called The Cloak & Blaster near Waterford Lakes and a geek store called Gods & Monsters in The Artegon Mall on I-Drive (both in Orlando). One has good food and both have excellent specialty beers and lots of room for gaming (cards, vidja, board, RPG, etc.).

I have a business trip sometime in early January but I don't think it will interfere.

Awesome!  This is definitely helpful.  Let's get some input from the other FL folks and see what we can come up with.

I might make a weekend trip out of it if there's enough people in Orlando or Tampa (or even better, Ft. Myers)

Just from reading the responses, it seems like Orlando will be a more central location for most people (except you of course :( ), so I think that might be best at this point. 

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 19:11:27 »
For Orlando what kind of food does everyone like? We could do lunch around the UCF area and then go to vespr or maybe somewhere close to Winter Park and go to Park Ave Cds if anyone wants to check out my favorite vinyl store :D

Offline R1N3

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 07:51:53 »

Hoffmannnnn

Stop by my dystopia of Columbia, SC and you can crash at my place, and I'll feed you the best chicken and waffles you might ever have, go record shopping...yadda yadda. Could take a day or two off for ya buddy (or more, as much as you need :) )

And the best part...the time/distance matches up with your schedule  :thumb:

Show Image

:-*

I will consider it! I'm hoping to stop by Atlanta, which makes it not quite as perfect a detour as it might otherwise be, but it's not out of the question. Only downside is now I'll want to go to NC as well.  :))

Atlanta sucks. 
Show Image

I'm actually driving to the Boston area in the next week to see my parents and don't know when I'll be back in Atlanta, hopefully in time for this trip 
Show Image

If the timing is right he'll be stuck with us for a week in the coming snowpocalypse and then he can REALLY see how bad Atlanta sucks.

Good luck on the way to Boston

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 13:04:41 »

Hoffmannnnn

Stop by my dystopia of Columbia, SC and you can crash at my place, and I'll feed you the best chicken and waffles you might ever have, go record shopping...yadda yadda. Could take a day or two off for ya buddy (or more, as much as you need :) )

Show Image

I will consider it! I'm hoping to stop by Atlanta, which makes it not quite as perfect a detour as it might otherwise be, but it's not out of the question. Only downside is now I'll want to go to NC as well.  :))

Atlanta sucks. 
Show Image

I'm actually driving to the Boston area in the next week to see my parents and don't know when I'll be back in Atlanta, hopefully in time for this trip 
Show Image

If the timing is right he'll be stuck with us for a week in the coming snowpocalypse and then he can REALLY see how bad Atlanta sucks.

"Snowpocalypse" in Atlanta = half an inch of snow

Online HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 13:25:07 »
Hoffmannnnn

Show Image

Atlanta sucks. 
Show Image

Show Image

Part of me is actually hoping I catch some southern snow just to see what it's like.  :D

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 13:27:57 »
Hoffmannnnn

Show Image

Atlanta sucks. 
Show Image

Show Image

Part of me is actually hoping I catch some southern snow just to see what it's like.  :D
No pre salted roads +high temperature swings = a sheet of ice beneath a thin layer of snow

Online HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 13:41:56 »
No pre salted roads +high temperature swings = a sheet of ice beneath a thin layer of snow

Yeah I know all about it.  :P  Just want to see it for myself.  ;)

And I feel like southerners think we have these immaculate, perfectly plowed/salted roads in winter, which is definitely not the case.  :))

Offline R1N3

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 13:42:39 »
Hoffmannnnn

Show Image

Atlanta sucks. 
Show Image

Show Image

It's quite a wonder to see how a place, that lacks the infrastructure to deal with snow, deals with snow.

****in hilarious watching a dodge charger with 20" rims try to make it up and down Ponce

Offline abswyfe

• I <3 Geekhack
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 13:57:58 »
That is a hell of a trip!
Safe travels!

:thumb:  :-*
Thank you all Destiny supporters and all you fun people in off topic! I think I will try to stick around for a while!

Offline smarmar

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 23:10:20 »
For Orlando what kind of food does everyone like? We could do lunch around the UCF area and then go to vespr or maybe somewhere close to Winter Park and go to Park Ave Cds if anyone wants to check out my favorite vinyl store :D

Park Ave is one of my favourite music shoppes. :cool: I bought vinyl there only once when they were having one of their street parties. I get my vinyl fix mostly from Retro Records & Tapes and from 2nd-hand shoppes. And of course, Stardust Movie & Coffee, across the street is the java hub for that area.

Vespr might have the best coffee in O-town (thanks, heedpantsnow!). There are quite a few other tasty lunch destinations in the UCF area.

Winter Park has a few of my favourite local food haunts: The Fiddler's Green (authentic UK atmosphere, fare, and pub), Pho88 (traditional Vietnamese fare, with the 2nd best iced coffee in town), The Dandilion Cafe (hippie tea/sandwhich place).

I, myself, love any kind of authentic, traditional foods. Not a fan of chain restaurants.
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 23:31:50 »

Park Ave is one of my favourite music shoppes. :cool: I bought vinyl there only once when they were having one of their street parties. I get my vinyl fix mostly from Retro Records & Tapes and from 2nd-hand shoppes. And of course, Stardust Movie & Coffee, across the street is the java hub for that area.

Vespr might have the best coffee in O-town (thanks, heedpantsnow!). There are quite a few other tasty lunch destinations in the UCF area.

Winter Park has a few of my favourite local food haunts: The Fiddler's Green (authentic UK atmosphere, fare, and pub), Pho88 (traditional Vietnamese fare, with the 2nd best iced coffee in town), The Dandilion Cafe (hippie tea/sandwhich place).

I, myself, love any kind of authentic, traditional foods. Not a fan of chain restaurants.

Dandelion Cafe is soooo good. Just didn't want to suggest it as it being a vegan place might turn some people off. I have never heard of Stardust Movie and Coffee though. I'll have to visit it soon. Have you been to East End Market right by Park Ave Cd's? There is a fantastic coffee shop called Lineage in there :) and the best sushi in Orlando in Kappo.

Offline smarmar

« Reply #71 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 10:28:34 »

Dandelion Cafe is soooo good. Just didn't want to suggest it as it being a vegan place might turn some people off. I have never heard of Stardust Movie and Coffee though. I'll have to visit it soon. Have you been to East End Market right by Park Ave Cd's? There is a fantastic coffee shop called Lineage in there :) and the best sushi in Orlando in Kappo.

I've been meaning to check out East End Market. I just looked it up. I didn't know it was an actual brick & mortar place--with coffee and sushi bar! Stardust is directly across the street from Park Ave, tucked behind the 7-11. Believe it or not, the sushi kiosk at Artegon, called U Roll, is surprisingly good. It's a must-stop whenever I'm there. I'm nowhere close to being a vegan and I still love the food at Dandelion (portobello shroom sandwhich :p )!

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #72 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 10:36:06 »

I've been meaning to check out East End Market. I just looked it up. I didn't know it was an actual brick & mortar place--with coffee and sushi bar! Stardust is directly across the street from Park Ave, tucked behind the 7-11. Believe it or not, the sushi kiosk at Artegon, called U Roll, is surprisingly good. It's a must-stop whenever I'm there. I'm nowhere close to being a vegan and I still love the food at Dandelion (portobello shroom sandwhich :p )!

bruh. The sweet potato burrito at Dandelion though!!!!

Offline Delirious

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 13:30:11 »
Pho88 has very good coffee but the best Vietnamese style coffee I have would be from Boston Bakery & Cafe just a few blocks away on Colonial. They also have kickass Vietnamese sandwich as well.

Offline LXXXIX

« Reply #74 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 14:28:03 »
There's a place out here in Tampa that is the bomb and is always packed. It's called Saigon Deli. Priced very well and always good too.

Offline smarmar

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 22:30:15 »
Pho88 has very good coffee but the best Vietnamese style coffee I have would be from Boston Bakery & Cafe just a few blocks away on Colonial. They also have kickass Vietnamese sandwich as well.

I haven't been to that one. The BEST ca phe sua da in central Florida can be found at Saigon Noodle & Grill in East Orlando. Their coffee is imported from the family's own bean crop in Vietnam. Their pho meatballs are not as tendon-y either. They also do karaoke!
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 November 2015, 22:33:00 by smarmar »

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 22:33:36 »
I live in Vermont. Sed8 lives in Vermont. I'm pretty sure there was some guy on /r/mechmarket that lives in Vermont. Idk why you're not coming to vermont.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline LXXXIX

« Reply #77 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 22:43:21 »

I haven't been to that one. The BEST ca phe sua da in central Florida can be found at Saigon Noodle & Grill in East Orlando. Their coffee is imported from the family's own bean crop in Vietnam. Their pho meatballs are not as tendon-y either. They also do karaoke!
This sounds amazing.

Offline smarmar

« Reply #78 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 22:44:52 »
There's a place out here in Tampa that is the bomb and is always packed. It's called Saigon Deli. Priced very well and always good too.

I haven't been to Saigon Deli but I have tried Pho Nhu Trang a couple blocks down. It's pretty decent. That area is where I grew up.

Whenever I come into town to see the folks we always go to the cuban cafes. The cubano sandwhiches they make here are unique to Tampa--made with authentic Tampa-style cuban bread with the palmeto leaf down the center.  :thumb:

Offline LXXXIX

« Reply #79 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 22:47:05 »

I haven't been to Saigon Deli but I have tried Pho Nhu Trang a couple blocks down. It's pretty decent. That area is where I grew up.

Whenever I come into town to see the folks we always go to the cuban cafes. The cubano sandwhiches they make here are unique to Tampa--made with authentic Tampa-style cuban bread with the palmeto leaf down the center.  :thumb:
Hmmm I also grew up in that area. WTH maybe we know each other. :O

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 02 December 2015, 21:45:42 »
So do we just post our same conversations over again?
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Online HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #81 on: Thu, 03 December 2015, 07:43:15 »
So do we just post our same conversations over again?

LOL  :-[

I was bummed to hear we've lost some posts here.  :(

As I said last night, I've got some prep work to do still.  Then I'll post a slightly more structured itinerary here for people to comment on.  Stay tuned, folks.  :thumb:

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #82 on: Thu, 03 December 2015, 07:48:46 »
The conversation went like this:

Hey did you guys notice that we spent too much time talking about coffee and not enough time talking about taking a photo of GHers at Splash Mountain at Disneyland? Also a hilarious picture at Harry Potter World/Land/Place thing where someone holds a keyboard and another person holds a wand yelling expelliarmus.

TL:DR - The meetup is at Disneyworld.

Online HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #83 on: Thu, 03 December 2015, 07:50:59 »
The conversation went like this:

Hey did you guys notice that we spent too much time talking about coffee and not enough time talking about taking a photo of GHers at Splash Mountain at Disneyland? Also a hilarious picture at Harry Potter World/Land/Place thing where someone holds a keyboard and another person holds a wand yelling expelliarmus.

TL:DR - The meetup is at Disneyworld.

Sounds about right.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #84 on: Thu, 03 December 2015, 07:53:02 »
Nailed it. Even the part where I mix up Disneyland and Disney World.

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 03 December 2015, 07:59:12 »
I want to head to BC at some point, but that's quite a trek.  :|

Do it Hoff, BC is beautiful! The rainforests are my favourite part - too bad I don't live that close to any. One day.  :))

If you ever find yourself in the sunny Okanagan Valley (AKA Canadian Florida), hit me up and we can chill.  :thumb:

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock
Leeku G80-1800 (build in progress)

Online HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #86 on: Thu, 03 December 2015, 08:34:07 »
I want to head to BC at some point, but that's quite a trek.  :|

Do it Hoff, BC is beautiful! The rainforests are my favourite part - too bad I don't live that close to any. One day.  :))

If you ever find yourself in the sunny Okanagan Valley (AKA Canadian Florida), hit me up and we can chill.  :thumb:

And I thought BC was great before...  :eek:

Offline osi

« Reply #87 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 16:44:51 »
Orlando/Tampa meetup!?

I'm in if it happens. I live in o town but will drive if necessary :)

Offline LXXXIX

« Reply #88 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 17:15:02 »
Cpt please tell me you're coming.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #89 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 17:17:25 »
Cpt please tell me you're coming.

I'll be on the exact opposite side of the world when this happens. So unfortunately, I won't be going to Disneyworld with ya'll. Next time buddy.

Offline LXXXIX

« Reply #90 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 17:17:49 »
Nooooooooooo.

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #91 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 18:19:32 »
Damn how is Montreal Quebec not on that route

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #92 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 16:32:26 »
Hey! Soooooo have we come with a plan :D?? Is it actually Disney? Foods?

Online HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #93 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 17:15:43 »
Hey! Soooooo have we come with a plan :D?? Is it actually Disney? Foods?

I've been slacking!  :eek:

I'll be attempting to finalize some things tonight and post, so you guys have a chance of being able to plan for this.

Online HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #94 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 07:22:06 »
Okay, here's the tentative schedule!  I will also copy this into the OP.  :-*

Sat. Jan 2nd:
  • 08:00 EST - Breakfast with @rainb1ood ?
  • 10:00 EST - Leave Fort Myers
  • 12:00 EST - Arrive in Tampa
  • ALL DAY - Hang with Tampa peeps
  • 22:00 EST - Snuggle with @VesperSAINT
Sun. Jan 3rd
  • 10:00 EST - Leave Tampa
  • 11:30 EST - Arrive in Orlando
  • ALL DAY - Hang with Orlando peeps
  • 22:00 EST - Snuggle with @heedpantsnow
Mon. Jan 4th
  • ALL DAY - Hang with Orlando peeps
  • 22:00 EST - Snuggle with @heedpantsnow
Tues. Jan 5th
  • 07:00 EST - Leave Orlando
  • 13:00 EST - Arrive in Atlanta
  • MID-DAY - Hang with Atlanta peeps (@fohat.digs, @trizkut, @mullidan, @R1N3) <-- Depending on who is available at what times, I can stay in Atlanta longer
  • 15:00 EST - Leave Atlanta
  • 18:00 EST - Arrive in Eastern TN
  • REST OF DAY - Hang with Eastern TN peeps
Weds. Jan 6th
  • MORNING - Hang out in Eastern TN
  • 14:00 EST - Leave Eastern TN
  • 16:00 CST - Arrive in Nashville
  • REST OF DAY - Hang with Nashville peeps (@mashby, @tigersharkdude, @livingspeedbump (??) + others?)
  • 22:00 CST - Snuggle with mashby
Thurs. Jan 7th
  • 07:00 CST - Leave Nashville
  • 12:30 EST - Arrive in Indianapolis (SEE NOTE BELOW)
  • LUNCH - Lunch with @vivalarevolución (timing flexible as needed, per viva's schedule) (SEE NOTE BELOW)
  • 14:00 EST - Leave Indianapolis (SEE NOTE BELOW
  • 16:30 CST - Arrive in Northern Chicago (probably later due to traffic)
  • REST OF DAY - Chill with Chicago peeps (@Joey Quinn, @ImpendingxDoom, maybe @sorijealut too? :) )
  • 22:00 CST - Snuggle with Joey Quinn and ImpendingxDoom
Fri. Jan 8th
  • ALL DAY - Hang with Chicago peeps
Sat. Jan 9th
  • ALL MORNING - Hang with Chicago peeps
  • ??:?? CST - Leave Chicago
  • ??:?? CST - Arrive home in NE WI
  • ??:?? CST - Snuggle with self
Sun. Jan 10th
  • ALL DAY - Sleep

I know I'm posting this less than a week before some of the dates, so if your availability has changed and you are no longer able to meetup, please let me know!  Also do please confirm availability, as I will not be assuming you are available. 

If I don't already have your phone number, please PM it to me so we can contact each other.  :thumb:

Note: If @njbair has the parts and availability on Thurs. Jan 7th to sort his group buy, I may divert my route to Cleveland to assist with that.  njbair, please let me know if that is looking likely.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
Re: Hoffman Drives to Florida; or, Let's Meetup From WI to FL! (SCHEDULE POSTED)
« Reply #95 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 08:55:51 »
Darn. I'm in Gainesville FL for the holiday, but leave on Jan 3. Alas, were the Tampa day only a day earlier... But I'll have to spend my last day with family and such. The bastards.

Online HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
Re: Hoffman Drives to Florida; or, Let's Meetup From WI to FL! (SCHEDULE POSTED)
« Reply #96 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 09:00:10 »
Darn. I'm in Gainesville FL for the holiday, but leave on Jan 3. Alas, were the Tampa day only a day earlier... But I'll have to spend my last day with family and such. The bastards.

Aww.  :(  I could technically go to Tampa on the 1st, but I may or may not be hungover and I also may want to still hang out with the family that day.  :P

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #97 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 09:01:32 »

Aww.  :(  I could technically go to Tampa on the 1st, but I may or may not be hungover and I also may want to still hang out with the family that day.  :P

It wasn't meant to be!

Maybe you should just divert through NYC.

Online HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #98 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 09:03:05 »

It wasn't meant to be!

Maybe you should just divert through NYC.

Hehehe, I wish.  :P  I know you're joking, but when I do finally make my way to NYC it will not be by car and it will be for longer than 1 day.  ;)

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #99 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 09:04:18 »
Good, more time for snuggling.