Author Topic: [GB] Captain America Shield, S.H.I.E.D logo, Iron man, Hydra, EVA Resin keycap  (Read 15742 times)

Offline keypro

• * Commercial Vendor
***Lastest Update***
Order now is closed. It has more than the limitation, but don't worry..
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=61414.0
My Interest check was created on 5th August whereas another has none and another gb has been created 9/08014. I think it's obvious enough. For the payment, you don't have to pay anything yet. I will pm you guys who order caps.

Resin Keycaps by HfCx

The purpose of doing this GB is not a profit. Instead, personally I really want to get ones of those caps for myself and I really want to share these beautiful keycaps with reasonable price to GH community.

****New update****
I have to inform you guys that there are a lot of orders has been placed for a few hrs. after this gb announced. I'm afraid that the manufacturer can't handle and produce in a short period of time because it takes time to produce these cap. And these keycaps are made by hand and machine. So, I have decided to put a limit for 30 pieces this round. You can check how many keycaps can be placed in the past paragraph of this post. Thank you guys

***The order will be closed on 24/08/14 and those caps will be shipped to me in the middle of September. Any update and change will be promptly announced.

Order Here       >>>>>>>>>>>>>>  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDZXc2xzbk1hbFpmbkR1WXFwMkdYelE6MA

Price :  $18.99 USD/ per keycap

Paypal  :  4.4%* $0.30 USD

Shipping : $5 USD via Thai Post Office (This price include registered tracking number)

Keycaps Specification

Material : Resin

Production Method : hand & machines

Designs and Colors available for sales

Captain America's Shield (Brown color)

S.H.I.E.L.D logo (Black color)

S.H.I.E.L.D logo (Azure color)          --UNFORTUNATELY NO SINGLE KEYCAP PHOTO--

Iron man (Brown color)

Iron man (Red color)
        --UNFORTUNATELY NO SINGLE KEYCAP PHOTO--

Hydra (Brown color)

EVA (Dark purple color)

Heart pirates jolly roger (Orange color)

These pics show the production methods of these keycaps

Order list has been placed

46/30

Harrowed 4
bazh 2
regack 4
Heedpantsnow 2
tuantruong 2
LechnerDE 1
cyberwave 3
Jindesu 3
BamBooBam 9
lefthandedspatula 1
Fire Brand 2
Imbzppl 2
Barracuda 1
jangster 1
Raymond Shi 1
Lingj 1
MigZm 6
silat 1

« Last Edit: Sat, 09 August 2014, 21:22:35 by keypro »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Nice to see something different for a change!

Offline Harrowed

• My wallet has been hacked
Ordered some :thumb: Not the cheapest novelties but hopefully these really standout!

Ergodox MX Blues | Rosewill RK-9000

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
I'll order one cap to check the quality.

Can't decide for a design yet :p

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
Orderred
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline TheAngleOfDeath

• Math puns are the first sine of madness
Are these only available in MX or will they be able to make topre as well?

Offline keypro

• * Commercial Vendor
Are these only available in MX or will they be able to make topre as well?

Yes, these keycaps are only available for Cherry MX. I will ask the manufacturer to consider your request.  ;D

Offline keypro

• * Commercial Vendor
Ordered some :thumb: Not the cheapest novelties but hopefully these really standout!

Orderred

Thanks for all your supports!  ;D

Offline cherpalla

These are gorgeous!
c h e r

Offline keypro

• * Commercial Vendor
I have to inform you guys that there are a lot of orders has been placed for a few hrs. after this gb announced. I'm afraid that the manufacturer can't handle and produce in a short period of time because it takes time to produce these cap. And these keycaps are made by hand and machine. So, I have decided to put a limit for 30 pieces this round. Thank you guys. :D

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
Just place my order for a Captain America Shield cap :)

Hope it was not too late?!

Offline cyberwave

Submitted 2 orders, first one was wrong :( please disregard that. Thanks!

Offline JinDesu

• * Destiny Supporter
Woops, I wrote blue captain america but I meant brown, since that's the only color available.
Someday somebody will best me, but it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Blue Tenkeyless, KBT Race S, & Realforce 101

Offline ImBZppl

I hope my order for an eva and heart pirate jolly roger went through. My hands were shaking with anticipation and they still are.

Currently stalking my email to pay the invoice.
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 August 2014, 14:45:49 by ImBZppl »

Offline Dragowing193

• Lab Monkey
I'll take one EVA keycap.

Offline Barracuda

I ordered a black Avengers one. I'd prefer a black Captain America one, but it isn't listed as a possible combination in your post... :(
But I'd be more than happy with the Avengers one.
Looking for a matte Blackout V2!

Offline strikerpxs

Dat Cap America shield!
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 August 2014, 21:28:01 by strikerpxs »

Offline JinDesu

• * Destiny Supporter
Hum, so what's going on with this post and the other recent one about these keycaps?
Someday somebody will best me, but it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Blue Tenkeyless, KBT Race S, & Realforce 101

Offline Barracuda

Yep, I would like an answer too
Looking for a matte Blackout V2!

Offline keypro

• * Commercial Vendor
My Interest check was created on 5th August whereas another has none and another gb has been created 9/08014. I think it's obvious enough. For the payment, you don't have to pay anything yet. I will pm you guys who order caps.

EDIT : http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=61414.0
my interest check post

Offline keypro

• * Commercial Vendor
Now it seems to be even more complicated... first I don't want to make a war or anything messed up. My interest check and group buy purpose is to give something to the GH community but unfortunately there is someone famous here have tried to contact and tell the manufacturer to not sell anything for me. He seems to be able to find a profit from my interest check and quickly open a group buy. So, I have to say  I may not get any keycaps though about 99% since I'm not Chinese. They are both Chinese. Fear not, I have coped with some GH members to create ones like those but more higher quality. ( means no stripes on the side of keycaps) My gb is tough... :rolleyes:

Offline BamBooBam

• Yammy Caps
Now it seems to be even more complicated... first I don't want to make a war or anything messed up. My interest check and group buy purpose is to give something to the GH community but unfortunately there is someone famous here have tried to contact and tell the manufacturer to not sell anything for me. He seems to be able to find a profit from my interest check and quickly open a group buy. So, I have to say  I may not get any keycaps though about 99% since I'm not Chinese. They are both Chinese. Fear not, I have coped with some GH members to create ones like those but more higher quality. ( means no stripes on the side of keycaps) My gb is tough... :rolleyes:

Well, I guess this would be better since shipping from China to worldwide would be really slow... Plus we could have more color/style options since we are doing it the GH way  :)) :))
Geekhack an alternation of money sink.

Offline keypro

• * Commercial Vendor

Well, I guess this would be better since shipping from China to worldwide would be really slow... Plus we could have more color/style options since we are doing it the GH way  :)) :))

I have to admit that I have conflict with the producer. Since they are sold only in China, I want to them to the community. Unfortunately, someone told the manufaturer that I bought them to the community. And. I get the chinese price. However, i don't you guys to wait a hope because I may get ignored from the producer. My job is done to bring them to the GH community but with another seller and price. If you really want to wait, you can. But it may take time though. There is no need drama here I'm matured enough.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
Wow, much drama. Hope it can work out.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline feng

• * Vendor
At first I didn't want to post here, I don't like being aggressive and all. But really, would you stop pretending to be like the hero here?

1. Depending on the price the producer gave you, you're definitely make a good fortune out of the $18.99. So don't say it like you're not doing this for profit.
2. I didn't ask the producer to not sell things to you, that's all your imagination. You lied to him first about not selling his products in other countries except for Thailand. The producer saw through your lies and you couldn't admit. I think you do know that selling on GH doesn't match your oral contract as only selling in Thailand right?
3. You posted the price $18.99 after I opened the pre-order in my vendor forum. So don't say it like I opened the pre-order because I saw your $18.99 price and figured I can make some money out of it.
4. The producer wants me to tell you, feel free to copy his products, he doesn't care. He knows how hard it is to make these keycaps. BTW, if you're going to make it on your own, please stop using his pictures.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
Really sad so much drama came from this. I am not saying one of you two is to blame since I don't know what really happened, but after this I don't feel like buying this cap anymore:(

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
At first I didn't want to post here, I don't like being aggressive and all. But really, would you stop pretending to be like the hero here?

1. Depending on the price the producer gave you, you're definitely make a good fortune out of the $18.99. So don't say it like you're not doing this for profit.
2. I didn't ask the producer to not sell things to you, that's all your imagination. You lied to him first about not selling his products in other countries except for Thailand. The producer saw through your lies and you couldn't admit. I think you do know that selling on GH doesn't match your oral contract as only selling in Thailand right?
3. You posted the price $18.99 after I opened the pre-order in my vendor forum. So don't say it like I opened the pre-order because I saw your $18.99 price and figured I can make some money out of it.
4. The producer wants me to tell you, feel free to copy his products, he doesn't care. He knows how hard it is to make these keycaps. BTW, if you're going to make it on your own, please stop using his pictures.

How much are you making on yours at $26?  I don't mean to stoke the fire, but if you're going to call him out on that and say he's making good money at that price, why aren't yours cheaper?

This whole thing is silly at this point, but it's kind of sad to see someone calling someone out on their price when their price is ~40% higher.

Really sad so much drama came from this. I am not saying one of you two is to blame since I don't know what really happened, but after this I don't feel like buying this cap anymore:(

Agreed.  I do feel a little sympathy for keypro since they started the IC and have a lower price, but I don't think you can say one or the other less blameless right now.

Offline feng

• * Vendor

How much are you making on yours at $26?  I don't mean to stoke the fire, but if you're going to call him out on that and say he's making good money at that price, why aren't yours cheaper?

This whole thing is silly at this point, but it's kind of sad to see someone calling someone out on their price when their price is ~40% higher.

This is another story. The price the producer gave keypro is actually lower than the price he gave me. Since he thinks Thailand is not a mature market for selling keycaps, he's fine with offering lower price for keypro just to expand the market a little more. The money I make from $26 might even be less than the money keypro is making from the $18.99. You see the point here? It's not like I don't want to lower the price, it's just because I have to set up the price depending on the producer.

For the first round in China, these keycaps are cheaper than they're now. Since they improved their equipments and due to the difficulty of making these keycaps, they increased the price.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l

That's a pretty harsh claim to make. Can you prove that he's in fact selling copies/replicas?
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline ImBZppl

This Interest check and GB has turned sour. Wanted to order from keypro because he had the heart pirate jolly roger option now I am not so sure of either GB.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"

That's a pretty harsh claim to make. Can you prove that he's in fact selling copies/replicas?

He said this on the last page:

Fear not, I have coped with some GH members to create ones like those but more higher quality. ( means no stripes on the side of keycaps) My gb is tough... :rolleyes:

It's not like they're copyrightable though since they're already copyrighted symbols and I'm sure the manufacturer does not have permission to use them.

Of course, I'd be interested to see how well they hold up since, from my own personal experience, I know paint doesn't hold up well on resin unless you paint the mold you cast it in, allowing it to bond with the resin.

Offline feng

• * Vendor

No I can't. Keypro only said he's going to make similar keycaps with highr quality, while keeps using HfCx's pictures. I'm not saying Keypro will make exactly the same thing, I meant he's free to make similar products.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l

He said this on the last page:

Fear not, I have coped with some GH members to create ones like those but more higher quality. ( means no stripes on the side of keycaps) My gb is tough... :rolleyes:

It's not like they're copyrightable though since they're already copyrighted symbols and I'm sure the manufacturer does not have permission to use them.

Of course, I'd be interested to see how well they hold up since, from my own personal experience, I know paint doesn't hold up well on resin unless you paint the mold you cast it in, allowing it to bond with the resin.

Ah, missed that. Thanks.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline keypro

• * Commercial Vendor
I think  enough said for me. Similar products mean using the same or better methods in producting. Sure not for the design. And what's point for you feng to make the statement in my gb? It doesn't matter at all how I pick those keycaps. For the profit, I honestly set the price to cover the expense. Do you wan me to release the price? Shipping from China to Thailand is not quite cheap. To be clear, I have no intention to offense in any term but you seems to...  It is pointless to talk and discuss more about this thread since you got what you want. I'm just a little normal man in this community to bring new things to GH members.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
I think  enough said for me. Similar products mean using the same or better methods in producting. Sure not for the design. And what's point for you feng to make the statement in my gb? It doesn't matter at all how I pick those keycaps. For the profit, I honestly set the price to cover the expense. Do you wan me to release the price? Shipping from China to Thailand is not quite cheap. To be clear, I have no intention to offense in any term but you seems to...  It is pointless to talk and discuss more about this thread since you got what you want. I'm just a little normal man in this community to bring new things to GH members.

Don't let that little controversy set you back! Just forget about it :)

I hope you are still going through with that LED cover GB  :thumb:

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
People should stop posting facts that nobody can prove. Slandering each others publicly does nothing but hurting GH.

The community has no way to know if what Feng or keypro are saying is true, so it's totally worthless to post it here. Resolve it privately and let the community know the verdict!

I'm fed up of these community feuds! It happened between boost and EK, between tintin and sprit now keypro and feng, ...

Before making your little skirmish public try to settle it privately!

Offline keypro

• * Commercial Vendor

Don't let that little controversy set you back! Just forget about it :)

I hope you are still going through with that LED cover GB  :thumb:

Thanks for your reminder and support! It means to me a lot. I will post a update in my IC post when everything is ready.

Offline Harrowed

• My wallet has been hacked
OK... Things I want to eventually know:

1. Who is the maker of the original Chinese gb?

2. Who is the maker of the caps in the pictures?

3. Who will make the caps of this gb?

Ergodox MX Blues | Rosewill RK-9000

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
Whoever is right doesnt matter at this time, too complicated to put money in, I dont feel like want these keycaps anymore.

Speaking of copyright, any of you guys have a talk with Marvel? Just curious.
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline pasph

Whoever is right doesnt matter at this time, too complicated to put money in, I dont feel like want these keycaps

+1
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards

Whoever is right doesnt matter at this time, too complicated to put money in, I dont feel like want these keycaps

+1

Must be a dead issue now... :(
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline GrimDoctor

If a second round of these is made, count me in please :)

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
If a second round of these is made, count me in please :)

Please check before posting. This first round was messy and possibly never even happened.
Also this thread has been dead for months.