Author Topic: (GB) PENUMBRA SA KEYSET(shipping)  (Read 1395699 times)

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
Re: (GB) PENUMBRA SA KEYSET(shipping)
« Reply #950 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 06:15:43 »
So excited to get my set now.

I have been super excited for this set for months. We are close to having them, so patience is the word of the hour.

Offline Crabby_b

« Reply #951 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 06:55:50 »
Got my Ergodox set today, courtesy of Binge!

That is hot! Can't wait for my set.

Offline feizor

« Reply #952 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 07:34:43 »
Does anyone have a picture of a flipped SA ? I just want to see the thickness of SP SA caps.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #953 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 07:39:16 »
Does anyone have a picture of a flipped SA ? I just want to see the thickness of SP SA caps.

66872-0

not my photo it's been floating around not sure who made it

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #954 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 08:43:40 »

From the font used, probably the Commando groupbuy.

Looking forward to this -- I love the dark blue and pale yellow -- it's a great contrast.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline GSimon

« Reply #955 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 14:52:42 »
Received my Ergo kit today, still need to actually build the Ergodox however.

Gallery here: http://imgur.com/a/5r9Wg

Thanks Binge! Great set & fast shipping :D

Offline feizor

« Reply #956 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 14:56:23 »

(Attachment Link)

Looks quite a bit thicker than SP dcs. Thanks Ray

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #957 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 15:03:56 »
Show Image

I had forgotten that aside from the alphas, these are front printed -- looks great!
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #958 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 15:09:34 »
Show Image

I had forgotten that aside from the alphas, these are front printed -- looks great!

thats not correct, hes just using oem keys with a set of penumbra alphas there, and the blank keys he has on the keypad are form the ergodox set me thinks
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline GSimon

« Reply #959 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 15:14:50 »
Show Image

thats not correct, hes just using oem keys with a set of penumbra alphas there, and the blank keys he has on the keypad are form the ergodox set me thinks

Visit the gallery link to see the full set and more pics! And yes its for the Ergodox

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #960 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 17:48:44 »
So excited to get my set now.

I have been super excited for this set for months. We are close to having them, so patience is the word of the hour.

I got in on the 24 hour extra sale so my excitement is far more recent.

My mailbox is ready.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #961 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 17:50:31 »
ive been trying to get hold of raccoon for a couple of days, as far as im aware we are ready to get this out, but ill give a better update once i get hold of him, i think he has just finished his exams or something so has been busy but we are ready to mass catch up on shipping US side

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #962 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 18:52:38 »
ive been trying to get hold of raccoon for a couple of days, as far as im aware we are ready to get this out, but ill give a better update once i get hold of him, i think he has just finished his exams or something so has been busy but we are ready to mass catch up on shipping US side

You're the best Bunny. My Filco is ready.

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #963 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 19:12:06 »

So have US orders without cables included shipped?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #964 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 19:15:55 »

So have US orders without cables included shipped?

not that i am aware of, ive sent shipping money to raccoon, as well as split all the orders into US and not etc as well as split them all in to ones with and without cables, so he has everything he needs to get them moving, i just havent managed to get hold of him for a few days for a catch up as to where we are at, dont get me wrong, there is no cause for concern, i just need to catch up with him to find out where we are at and when we are moving, as soon as i have my order of penumbra i will have all the uk and eu turned around that day

the cables were really stalling things for a time, he had a lot of school work from my understanding and recently was sitting his finals, last time i spoke to him we went through everything with all the buys and what needed to be done etc, once i next speak to him ill update everyone and be able to give a good idea of whats going out and when

« Last Edit: Tue, 03 June 2014, 19:19:10 by BunnyLake »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #965 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 19:30:42 »
ok i just spoke to raccoon,

he has been mega busy finishing up with school

he says as of this weekend he will be getting back to normal, and this will be a priority to him and the penumbra orders without cables will all go out shortly, and the one with cables will be out shortly after

Offline cookiesowns

« Reply #966 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 19:33:14 »

he says as of this weekend he will be getting back to normal, and this will be a priority to him and the penumbra orders without cables will all go out shortly, and the one with cables will be out shortly after

Hey Bunny,

Think he would be able to send out my order without cables first? And then just group the cables with the Rain Drop? Or would it just be more efficient to keep things the way they are.

I'm not in a huge rush.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #967 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 19:35:12 »

Hey Bunny,

Think he would be able to send out my order without cables first? And then just group the cables with the Rain Drop? Or would it just be more efficient to keep things the way they are.

I'm not in a huge rush.

having spoken to him, from what i gather he will be shipping the non cable orders next week, and the cables should all be finished a week or 2 later, so i would advise to just keep the order as is, it wont be much more of a delay and it may save some possible mistakes occurring

Offline rao2100

« Reply #968 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 20:47:04 »
Received my Ergo kit today, still need to actually build the Ergodox however.

Show Image

Show Image

Gallery here: http://imgur.com/a/5r9Wg

Awesome pics.

How do they feel on the red switch?

I was thinking of putting them on my red filco but thought that the caps might too heavy for red.
| KMAC LE Vintage Blues | LZ-S Ergo Clears | Filco TKL MJ2 Ninja Reds | CM QFR - Blues | IBM Model M SSK 1991 |

Offline GSimon

« Reply #969 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 20:54:55 »
Awesome pics.

How do they feel on the red switch?

I was thinking of putting them on my red filco but thought that the caps might too heavy for red.
Thanks! I'm trying to improve my photo taking skills so I tried a bit harder than normal on this one.

They're great on reds! It's kind of nice actually, WPM is about the same (70ish...) since they have a tad bit more weight (probably only like a 1-2g force different tops if even that from normal keys, could be wrong but that's my take) and also the profile is much taller than the stock Leopold caps so it's as though there is less travel distance. Definitely a interesting change from the cherry profile I'm used to.
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 June 2014, 20:57:04 by GSimon »

Offline Brummell

« Reply #970 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 23:25:36 »
Rock on.  I have a keyboard sitting here dying for new Penumbra caps. 
Unicomp Space Saver | Filco Majestouch Blue | IBM Model M | Filco Majestouch Brown | Realforce 86UB | Leopold Blue | HHKB Pro 2

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #971 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 02:33:57 »
Rock on.  I have a keyboard sitting here dying for new Penumbra caps.

You and I both  :thumb: .  I set aside those keyboards that desperately need them and they have been gathering dust sitting on the shelves waiting for these Penumbras.

Ah well you know how Group Buys are here, a lot of waiting and praying goes on till they arrive on your doorstep.

Offline skuko

« Reply #972 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 09:29:49 »
hey Bun,

can i have a quick update on the EU orders please?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #973 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 11:36:17 »
hey Bun,

can i have a quick update on the EU orders please?

yeah as soon as raccoon sends me the sets ill have the eu orders turned around in a day or 2

Offline skuko

« Reply #974 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 11:55:19 »
cool beans, thanks

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #975 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 16:26:15 »
having spoken to him, from what i gather he will be shipping the non cable orders next week, and the cables should all be finished a week or 2 later, so i would advise to just keep the order as is, it wont be much more of a delay and it may save some possible mistakes occurring

I'm going to be moving in the next couple weeks so hopefully these get shipped out in the next couple days.

Any chance TFR could post an update here for CONUS orders?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #976 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 16:35:14 »

I'm going to be moving in the next couple weeks so hopefully these get shipped out in the next couple days.

Any chance TFR could post an update here for CONUS orders?

im chatting to him now, some orders are currently being packed and we are working on getting them all moved out

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #977 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 20:06:51 »
im chatting to him now, some orders are currently being packed and we are working on getting them all moved out

Yeah that was my fault for buying his cables, I bet he was cursing me for making him work on finishing them, sorry Raccoon.

Glad that everything is finally coming together with this order, hope you send out everyone's soon.  Thanks for everything BunnyLake  :thumb: .

Offline fog

• actual synthetic
    • Solarized
« Reply #978 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 15:36:32 »
A quick shot of Penumbra on a Keycool 84... These are incredible. SP SA's feel great, and it's most excellent to be typing on Solarized coloured keycaps while editing in Solarized coloured vim.

A huge round of applause for ctrlalt.io, bunnylake, nathan, ryan uber, and everyone else that was involved in the production of this.

-Ethan

Ethan Schoonover / http://ethanschoonover.com
HHKB / Leopold FC660M + Clueboard PCB / Nullbits Tidbit / Various custom boards

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #979 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 15:45:46 »
A quick shot of Penumbra on a Keycool 84... These are incredible. SP SA's feel great, and it's most excellent to be typing on Solarized coloured keycaps while editing in Solarized coloured vim.

A huge round of applause for ctrlalt.io, bunnylake, nathan, ryan uber, and everyone else that was involved in the production of this.

-Ethan

Show Image

very cool sir

would you mind if i use that image for our blog shortly?

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #980 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 15:47:45 »

-Ethan

Show Image

Well... I'm just... floored. Are you telling me the man who INVENTED the palette is using them?!?    :blank:

HUGE fan of you work. Thank you for all that you do.

Wow and to steal a quote, "I think I need to lie down".

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #981 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 15:51:34 »
LOL, that's ****ing awesome. Also, welcome to GH :D
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 June 2014, 15:54:45 by CPTBadAss »

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #982 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 16:06:05 »

-Ethan

Show Image

That is absolutely beautiful... my god... THE ANTICIPATION IS TOO MUCH. But yeah, glad you were able to get a set!!! Couldn't be more appropriate for the creator of the theme himself! So damn cool.

Your Lain setup is cool (Lain daughter is cool too :D ). Your stand up setup is cool. That keyboard is cool. You cool. Can't wait to see more cool posts from you!!!

Offline fog

• actual synthetic
    • Solarized
« Reply #983 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 16:07:56 »

very cool sir

would you mind if i use that image for our blog shortly?

Absolutely! I now regret that I didn't pull out my color calibration card to balance the color on this. Maybe I'll do that in a moment.

And man oh man... these SAs are so great. The only downside is my WPM has temporarily dropped while I stop to feel the keycaps or stare at the colorscheme again.

Typing on Penumbra keycaps while coding in Solarized is recursively awesome. ;)

Offline fog

• actual synthetic
    • Solarized
« Reply #984 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 16:10:17 »

-Ethan

Show Image

Well... I'm just... floored. Are you telling me the man who INVENTED the palette is using them?!?    :blank:

HUGE fan of you work. Thank you for all that you do.

Wow and to steal a quote, "I think I need to lie down".

Thanks much. I feel a lot of gratitude that others like the colorscheme enough to have produced this.

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #985 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 16:12:31 »

-Ethan

Show Image

Wow beautiful. :thumb: Really sad I couldn't grab a set, I guess I'll just have to do some hunting around in the classifieds. :p

Offline fog

• actual synthetic
    • Solarized
« Reply #986 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 16:12:42 »
That is absolutely beautiful... my god... THE ANTICIPATION IS TOO MUCH. But yeah, glad you were able to get a set!!! Couldn't be more appropriate for the creator of the theme himself! So damn cool.

Your Lain setup is cool (Lain daughter is cool too :D ). Your stand up setup is cool. That keyboard is cool. You cool. Can't wait to see more cool posts from you!!!

I totally stole your Lain comment and posted it to twitter too! You totally nailed it. I'm glad that this group buy was my lurker-coming-out event on GH. Looking forward to posting more.

Offline Beca

• what am i doing with my life
« Reply #987 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 16:37:20 »

-Ethan

Show Image

That looks absolutely amazing. Those alternate alphas are srsly wowww

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #988 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 16:40:47 »

I totally stole your Lain comment and posted it to twitter too! You totally nailed it. I'm glad that this group buy was my lurker-coming-out event on GH. Looking forward to posting more.

Heehee!!! As you should! It totally fits! I'm also very glad you came out of lurking! Your posts have been more than great!

Speaking of Lain.... you posted something about a war with cables in that one thread... look at what my war with cables is looking like... I'm CLEARLY losing the war... a war that's been going on for years...

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57987.msg1363369#msg1363369

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #989 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 17:07:04 »

-Ethan

Show Image

I am so stoked I am getting a set of these alphas as well.  This setup is beautiful, I can't wait...  Really, I'm dying here...  :)

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #990 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 17:08:01 »
can't wait................!!

More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #991 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 22:56:35 »

-Ethan

Show Image

Show Image

Soomeoone's got a maaan cruuush...   :rolleyes:

:-*

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #992 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 23:30:06 »

-Ethan

Show Image

Show Image

Soomeoone's got a maaan cruuush...   :rolleyes:

:-*

Just an admirer of his awesome set up and theme ;)

Don't be jelly now, hoffy-kun :-*

I can't wait to have my set toooooo to throw on my Filco and Ergo Dox :D

Offline acantha

• Aure Entuluva
« Reply #993 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 23:49:26 »
every time i pass on a set thinking "just this once, i can skip it." as soon as i see it in pictures, i go all gollum on it. looks great guys. can't wait to snag a set off the classifieds someday. (and if anyone is selling.....)
All the Happy Hacking Things

Offline fog

• actual synthetic
    • Solarized
« Reply #994 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 22:59:38 »
Here's Penumbra on my Leopold FC660M. I had to modify the spacebar to fit the leopold stabilizer positions and the right shift is obviously from the numpad keycaps (and has a slight gap around it, though not the deal breaker visually that I feared it would be).

The 0/1 combo worked out to be the correct SA profile for the respective rows (SA2/SA3) - I use these for volume, with modified presses acting as play/pause, mute, next/prev track, etc.

imgur gallery here

I could post some shots with the Penumbra standard keycaps if anyone is interested.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #995 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 23:03:06 »
Here's Penumbra on my Leopold FC660M. I had to modify the spacebar to fit the leopold stabilizer positions and the right shift is obviously from the numpad keycaps (and has a slight gap around it, though not the deal breaker visually that I feared it would be).

The 0/1 combo worked out to be the correct SA profile for the respective rows (SA2/SA3) - I use these for volume, with modified presses acting as play/pause, mute, next/prev track, etc.

Show Image

Show Image

imgur gallery here

I could post some shots with the Penumbra standard keycaps if anyone is interested.

Jesus.. they look so damn good. Couldn't want my set more! Thanks for these beautiful shots! I'd love to see the yellow caps too!

I can't wait to take pictures when I get my sets tooo.

Offline fog

• actual synthetic
    • Solarized
« Reply #996 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 00:07:37 »
I'd love to see the yellow caps too!

Here you go. I put the GH key on this time because it is a different profile from the alternate-keycap and blue GH keys (the yellow GH key is SA2, the others are SA3).

(full album here)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #997 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 00:11:28 »

Here you go. I put the GH key on this time because it is a different profile from the alternate-keycap and blue GH keys (the yellow GH key is SA2, the others are SA3).

Show Image

(full album here)

Thankies!

The yellow isn't as bad as people made it out to be. I actually really like it (looks really soft), and it looks great on that keyboard also. I like how it contrasts with the white. I can't wait to have it on my Dox, which also has a white PCB, so it should look as great! And yes, that geekhack key is awesome.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #998 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 01:48:44 »

Show Image

(full album here)

Actually that colour of yellow reminds me of Violet-Crumble bars from my teenage years.  It's looks like the exact yellow shade, good choice there.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #999 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 03:34:29 »

Show Image

(full album here)

Actually that colour of yellow reminds me of Violet-Crumble bars from my teenage years.  It's looks like the exact yellow shade, good choice there.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD. Americans won't know what that is but I DO! I grew up in Australia so I know. I MISS THOSE SO MUCH. I've been in USA for 13 years now... but I lived in Melbourne for 10. OMG... I want some... damn....