Author Topic: (GB) PENUMBRA SA KEYSET(shipping)  (Read 1397863 times)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
Re: (GB) PENUMBRA SA KEYSET(shipping)
« Reply #1400 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 19:08:48 »
so as far as i know, these have been going out again,  im waiting to hear back from raccoon again, but ive had at least 5 people tell me they got theirs yesterday, and raindrop orders etc

there isnt a huge amount left to get out, im just waiting on it to happen, as soon as i speak to raccoon again ill have all the dates sorted etc
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1401 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 22:37:16 »
so as far as i know, these have been going out again,  im waiting to hear back from raccoon again, but ive had at least 5 people tell me they got theirs yesterday, and raindrop orders etc

there isnt a huge amount left to get out, im just waiting on it to happen, as soon as i speak to raccoon again ill have all the dates sorted etc

Brilliant, looking forward to seeing mine completed because the first set looks so lonely sitting inside a keyboard it desperately wants it's twin brother to join him in another board.  Again thanks for the detailed updates because they keep all of us calm and patient when it comes to receiving any more [CTRL]ALT goodness  :thumb: .

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #1402 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 10:10:31 »

Just curious (I'm in no rush) will our order on ctrlalt.io update to shipped once it is sent out? Thanks again for all the updates!
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1403 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 10:22:15 »

Just curious (I'm in no rush) will our order on ctrlalt.io update to shipped once it is sent out? Thanks again for all the updates!

it will

raccoon is about to push the end of these out ,however its been my experience he will ship a ton, the update the site after all at once

where as i update each as i go

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #1404 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 12:26:31 »
Has there been any update on the shipping status since last week?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1405 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 15:59:41 »

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #1406 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 06:22:02 »
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=60833.msg1508501#msg1508501

Well, it's good to know that I should check that other thread for status, but it doesn't actually answer my question.  From your other thread;

...what we have agreed to is to have a weekly chat, every Sunday night, each Sunday we will go over what he got out that week, and the plan for the next week, and ill update this thread accordingly...

I'd understood the plan was to get all remaining Penumbra packages out the weekend of 10-October, and now it's Halloween week.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1407 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 06:24:44 »
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=60833.msg1508501#msg1508501

Well, it's good to know that I should check that other thread for status, but it doesn't actually answer my question.  From your other thread;

...what we have agreed to is to have a weekly chat, every Sunday night, each Sunday we will go over what he got out that week, and the plan for the next week, and ill update this thread accordingly...

I'd understood the plan was to get all remaining Penumbra packages out the weekend of 10-October, and now it's Halloween week.

and in that thread ive posted all the info i have about the delay and where we are at

i did speak to him briefly last night, but we have agreed to have another chat tonight to sort plans for the coming week as he had a ton of stuff thats going out yesterday and today, and would be better to see wheree we are tonight rather than last night and work from there, so ill be updating again shortly

im doing all i can to assist him and structure getting this stuff sorted

Offline Irisviel

« Reply #1408 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 06:57:29 »
wait two weeks again, 1 year anniversary :p

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1409 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 19:47:37 »
wait two weeks again, 1 year anniversary :p

That's nothing wait till you join the 7bit Round Series Group Buys, those can last more than a year easily  :thumb: .

Remember that everyone involved with [CTRL]ALT are doing it for FREE that means no one is being paid to sort, package and ship items out to their local post office, hence a lot more patience is required.  Imagine if you got hit with orders for 200+ key-sets that have to ALL be counted, sorted, packed and shipped to every customer around the world.  Plus carry on with everyday concerns such as working, education, paying the bills and keeping your significant other from leaving you (due to all the boxes piled up ready for shipping).

I could never do it because I'll go insane and if I happened to have lived in the US, grabbed a local AR-15 and climb a tower for some skeet shooting  ;) .
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 October 2014, 19:50:41 by Elrick »

Offline Belfong

« Reply #1410 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 20:14:12 »
Yeah. With Penumbra, they keys are made. Just need time to sort.
(Disclosure: I've already received Penumbra months ago!)

With 7bit's Round 5, the keys are not even made after a year!

Offline jefferai

« Reply #1411 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 20:57:47 »

To be fair, this was mostly Signature Plastic's fault.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #1412 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 21:00:49 »

Really? You really think so? All other GB - Penumbra, Bro set, Galaxy set, etc etc etc are all by Signature Plastics too.

I suppose they would love to produce for 7bit because hey, he has TONS of orders right, compare to these smaller GBs. I am not buying it. But anyway, we should take this discussion over to Honey thread and not in this thread.

Offline jefferai

« Reply #1413 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 21:22:26 »

Really? You really think so? All other GB - Penumbra, Bro set, Galaxy set, etc etc etc are all by Signature Plastics too.

Yes. Yes I do. I collected 30k of funds for the buy and dealt with SP invoices so I had a pretty good bead on their status throughout. They needed to make new tooling for many of the legends which took them far longer than anticipated. Then various people there went on vacation for several weeks over the summer without backup, so coordination over the summer took a very long time. Then they had to actually produce well over 100k caps (IIRC was more like 130k), which isn't actually their fault but did take them far longer than most GBs.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1414 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 23:38:23 »
Then they had to actually produce well over 100k caps (IIRC was more like 130k), which isn't actually their fault but did take them far longer than most GBs.

Yep, 7bit's Group Buys ARE the absolute BIGGEST on this planet, hence it will always be worth it when they finally front up to your front door  :thumb: .

Offline jefferai

« Reply #1415 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 00:20:55 »
Then they had to actually produce well over 100k caps (IIRC was more like 130k), which isn't actually their fault but did take them far longer than most GBs.

Yep, 7bit's Group Buys ARE the absolute BIGGEST on this planet, hence it will always be worth it when they finally front up to your front door  :thumb: .

Yeah, what I forgot to mention is that it was actually kind of their fault since all the delays allowed people to keep ordering more and more :-)

Offline Belfong

« Reply #1416 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 00:36:21 »
You just pointed that it's SP's fault. Contradicting yourself? He he he.

Offline jefferai

« Reply #1417 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 06:05:39 »
You just pointed that it's SP's fault. Contradicting yourself? He he he.
Not in the slightest.

Offline yesimnathan

« Reply #1418 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 18:35:34 »
Has there been any updates on the scoop situation? I'd be more than happy to pay additional shipping.

Offline CherryMX_Rainbow

« Reply #1419 on: Thu, 30 October 2014, 10:49:10 »
Bunny, if I still haven't received your notification on my Penumbra keysets, does it mean you are still working on them and pending for shipping?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1420 on: Thu, 30 October 2014, 11:33:45 »
Has there been any updates on the scoop situation? I'd be more than happy to pay additional shipping.

we have them, ill be putting up something soon to get those out to people

Bunny, if I still haven't received your notification on my Penumbra keysets, does it mean you are still working on them and pending for shipping?

i know for a fact a bunch of them are going out today

not all, but we are working through this and raindrop in alternate sections each week until it is completed

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1421 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 04:17:52 »
To build some hype and anticipation for those who still haven't received their sets yet, here are some pics of my version of the set on my KBT Pure. Thank you, Bueller for the trade! They feel amazing, really thick and heavy, high quality caps. The semi-gloss finish feels superb on the spherical keytops. The big font makes them look huge, but I love the effect. I want more SA profile sets now (which is a good thing since I ordered both Nuclear Data Green and PuLSE).

81283-0

As you can see, they're nice and tall... they make up half the overall height of my keyboard on the bottom row!
81285-1

Backlit.
81287-2

81289-3

And a weight comparison with DCS home row:

81291-4
81293-5
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline Moralless

« Reply #1422 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 04:39:50 »
To build some hype and anticipation for those who still haven't received their sets yet, here are some pics of my version of the set on my KBT Pure. Thank you, Bueller for the trade! They feel amazing, really thick and heavy, high quality caps. The semi-gloss finish feels superb on the spherical keytops. The big font makes them look huge, but I love the effect. I want more SA profile sets now (which is a good thing since I ordered both Nuclear Data Green and PuLSE).

(Attachment Link)

As you can see, they're nice and tall... they make up half the overall height of my keyboard on the bottom row!
(Attachment Link)

Backlit.
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

That looks amazing :thumb:. Can't see why some people dislike SA sets on 60% boards.

Offline Oatburner

« Reply #1423 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 20:20:46 »
Can't wait for the extras to go up.

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #1424 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 23:49:19 »
Does anyone happen to have a spare white blank they're willing to let me buy? :D

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1425 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 03:56:31 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Backlit.
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

That looks amazing :thumb:. Can't see why some people dislike SA sets on 60% boards.

Thanks!

Yup, me too. Considering so many terminal boards with similar keycaps were 60%-like I think it really suits 60% size. Even early PC systems like Commodore64, BBC Micro, Apple II, etc were 60% size with tall spherical caps. Not to mention many electric typewriters. I'd say it works better on 60% than TKL or full size, actually.

Possibly needs a bigger border to really look like most of those old gadgets, though.
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #1426 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 15:44:01 »
Anymore updates team?  Thank you!
Hi :)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1427 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 06:50:03 »
ok

sooooooooooo

ill type this up once and post it in all relevent threads, so not everything in this post may be relevant to this thread directly, but will affect each thread

as most of you im sure are aware, this gb has been held up by raccoon having to clear the backlog, when he first committed to this, his schedule, both professionally and personally were very different, between his personal, work and educational ties, raccoon has been struggling to find time to commit to this, but had been doing his best as and when he could

regrettably because of the delays and his lack of time, we have taken the decision to restructure how each outstanding order will be shipped and who by

me and cody are gonna take on the bulk of what is left between us

its always hard when making decisions like this, raccoon committed to do it and plans were made around that, and i know he wanted to see it through to the end, however, it has become increasingly obvious over time that it is both unfair on your guys and overwhelming on him

so what we are gonna do moving forward is this

raccoon has the rest of the non cable raindrop orders packed but not shipped yet, he is gonna ship those shortly, and send myself and cody the end of calm depths and penumbra and a few other fiddly bits, whilst me and cody crank out calm and penumbra, he is gonna do his best to get the end of raindrop out, anything left of raindrop a the time me and cody finish calm and penumbra, will get sent to us, and we will conclude raindrop, whilst this is happening, raccoon will do his best to make a start on toxic, anything left of toxic by the time me and cody conclude raindrop, will be sent to us and we will get it cleared

after a lot of thought, this seems like the fasted and most practical solution to this problem, itll be a financial and time strain at this time of year for me personally, and something i wasnt expecting to take on, but ultimately, im committed to getting this sorted, and there comes a time where we have to draw a line and move on, and this is the best way to do that

i want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has been so patient and understanding so far, and will continue to be as we get the logistics of this new plan sorted, i really appreciate it, and to anyone who is disgruntled and unhappy with the delays, i hope this solution is helpful to you

Offline TravisW

« Reply #1428 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 08:04:31 »

after a lot of thought, this seems like the fasted and most practical solution to this problem, itll be a financial and time strain at this time of year for me personally, and something i wasnt expecting to take on, but ultimately, im committed to getting this sorted, and there comes a time where we have to draw a line and move on, and this is the best way to do that

i want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has been so patient and understanding so far, and will continue to be as we get the logistics of this new plan sorted, i really appreciate it, and to anyone who is disgruntled and unhappy with the delays, i hope this solution is helpful to you

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. I'm very much looking forward to getting my keys, but I think I speak for at least most of us here when I say that I appreciate all of the hard (and in part unexpected) work you've put into this GB (here, you = Bunny, Raccoon, and everyone else involved), including keeping us informed about these shipping delays. Please do let me/us know how we can contribute to, e.g., shipping costs for the scoops.  I hope everything is well with Raccoon, too.

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #1429 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 05:42:02 »
can anyone with a set they don't want pm me? :D

Offline n0rvig

« Reply #1430 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 18:33:42 »
Thanks for the update Bunny.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1431 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 19:22:42 »
Thanks for the update Bunny.

no problem sir

sorry for the delays once again its been out of my control,

ive worked out the split of orders between me and cody and im now just waiting to get hold of raccoon to get the packages sent

as soon as i speak to him ill update here, as well as when they arrive

and me and cody will have them turned around within about 48 hours

Offline geogga

• gosh dang GH and their GBs
« Reply #1432 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 21:16:43 »
Would like a set if anyone's selling, unfortunately I missed this (and the raindrop), which I think was about the same time? Both very high on my want list.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1433 on: Sat, 22 November 2014, 11:32:35 »
Would like a set if anyone's selling, unfortunately I missed this (and the raindrop), which I think was about the same time? Both very high on my want list.

extras of both will be on ctrl alt very soon for gb price

Offline geogga

« Reply #1434 on: Sat, 22 November 2014, 12:17:49 »

wow..I'm super excited.. I assume limited quantities? Gotta reload more money hehe.
This plus the miami set coming soon...ctrlalt is amazing! Thank you Bunny!

Offline fydo

• Meow!
« Reply #1435 on: Sat, 22 November 2014, 12:48:16 »

This is very exciting! Time to mash F5 all day... :)
CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid | Ducky Shine II (White LED)

Offline pheneto

• LOVE TKL, CP
« Reply #1436 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 01:41:37 »
Please come on~ come on~!!

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
TX84SE, TX84, TX1800V2, TXCP, LZ-IRON, UNICORN LEGEND, LIGHTSAVER3

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1437 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 07:10:27 »
as soon as we get them from raccoon, they will be turned around right away, im just waiting to speak to him again to confirm the shipment

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1438 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 04:28:33 »
These have become my favourite set. :)

I have received GMK Dolch and Nuclear Data Green since putting these on my board and I have used both of them for a short while each, but I have put Penumbra back on my board as it both feels and looks better on this particular keyboard. Really awesome set! Thank you, Ethan Schoonover, Ryan Uber and BunnyLake!
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline geogga

« Reply #1439 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 13:31:59 »
These have become my favourite set. :)

I have received GMK Dolch and Nuclear Data Green since putting these on my board and I have used both of them for a short while each, but I have put Penumbra back on my board as it both feels and looks better on this particular keyboard. Really awesome set! Thank you, Ethan Schoonover, Ryan Uber and BunnyLake!

Don't you love the color scheme? So...so unique and special!

patiently waiting for ctrlalt to stock it back! sooooo ready.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #1440 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 09:09:51 »
Any word on when the remaining (cabled) US orders for this will ship? I think the last I heard was that Raccoon was sending the sets to Bunny, who would be handling them. Any update on that?
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1441 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 09:16:14 »
Any word on when the remaining (cabled) US orders for this will ship? I think the last I heard was that Raccoon was sending the sets to Bunny, who would be handling them. Any update on that?

yeah, me and cody have all supplies and everything ready to go

just waiting on the sets from raccoon

i havent been able to contact him for about 10 days (nothing to worry about this has happened several times before, the reason this is happening at all is his busy schedule)

but i have worked out whose whipping what, just waiting for raccoon to confirm shipment of them to me and cody

we plan to turn almost everything around in about 48 hours of getting it

once again, im so sorry for the delay on the last remaining orders on this, and i cant wait to get them out to everyone

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #1442 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 09:22:17 »
once again, im so sorry for the delay on the last remaining orders on this, and i cant wait to get them out to everyone

No worries! Just excited to get this one. I hope you guys all have a very happy holiday season. :)
Thanks again.  :thumb:
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1443 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 09:28:23 »

No worries! Just excited to get this one. I hope you guys all have a very happy holiday season. :)
Thanks again.  :thumb:

thank you for the understanding

much appreciated

Offline fydo

• Meow!
« Reply #1444 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 10:37:44 »
Any way to call dibs on a set before the leftovers go live? Haha ;)

I've been watching this thread like a hawk. What a beautiful keyset!

As always, thanks for the updates Bunny.
CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid | Ducky Shine II (White LED)

Offline slalomsk8er

« Reply #1445 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 13:42:41 »

yeah, me and cody have all supplies and everything ready to go

just waiting on the sets from raccoon

i havent been able to contact him for about 10 days (nothing to worry about this has happened several times before, the reason this is happening at all is his busy schedule)

but i have worked out whose whipping what, just waiting for raccoon to confirm shipment of them to me and cody

we plan to turn almost everything around in about 48 hours of getting it

The waiting is killing me  :'( I can't wait to put it on my ergodoxen. BTW I ordered the cabled option to Switzerland.
Hey, at least I will get some - hopefully for Christmas.
I guess I will call it my present from the past  ;D

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #1446 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 18:47:30 »
Not sure if this has been mentioned recently but I am curious if you will be getting the scoops at the same time as you the stuff from raccoon?  Have they been made already?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1447 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 18:54:27 »
Not sure if this has been mentioned recently but I am curious if you will be getting the scoops at the same time as you the stuff from raccoon?  Have they been made already?

yeah they are all with raccoon, and they will be sent to us together with everything else

we will also have something on the site so anyone who has their order but doesnt have scoops, can order them on the site (for free) with optional shipping fee

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #1448 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 19:33:04 »

yeah they are all with raccoon, and they will be sent to us together with everything else

we will also have something on the site so anyone who has their order but doesnt have scoops, can order them on the site (for free) with optional shipping fee
Good idea. I think most of us will gladly pay for shipping. Thanks for the update. :)

Offline zflamewing

« Reply #1449 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 07:38:04 »

Would it be possible for the scoops to be rolled into a still to be shipped Penumbra order?
DK9008 MX Blues | CM QFR MX Blues | CM XT MX Greens