Author Topic: (GB) PENUMBRA SA KEYSET(shipping)  (Read 1397878 times)

Offline linkshine

• * Destiny Supporter
  • If you wanna b my lover, u gotta get w/ my friends
Re: (GB) PENUMBRA SA KEYSET(shipped)
« Reply #1900 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 09:50:39 »
I think it's pretty safe to say 2017 is the case man. Most likely Ground control, Dasher/Dancer, and Nantucket are all in line well before penumbra V2- and I'm probably missing 1 or 2. Troubled Minds is eta March, so we can assume April or May is more realistic. I'd be really hard to convince penumbra 2 will be here in the coming year

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1901 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 09:54:51 »
I think it's pretty safe to say 2017 is the case man. Most likely Ground control, Dasher/Dancer, and Nantucket are all in line well before penumbra V2- and I'm probably missing 1 or 2. Troubled Minds is eta March, so we can assume April or May is more realistic. I'd be really hard to convince penumbra 2 will be here in the coming year

Been out of the loop. How far along is Dasher/Dancer?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1902 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 10:04:28 »

Probably should discuss that elsewhere. :thumb:

Offline DreaMagine

• Head and shoulders, keys and toes
« Reply #1903 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 10:19:11 »
I think it's pretty safe to say 2017 is the case man. I'd be really hard to convince penumbra 2 will be here in the coming year

This makes me sad. :(
I've been holding out to buy a Penumbra set for 9 months now, having to wait another 13+ months is a bit disappointing

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1904 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 10:24:25 »
I think it's pretty safe to say 2017 is the case man. I'd be really hard to convince penumbra 2 will be here in the coming year

This makes me sad. :(
I've been holding out to buy a Penumbra set for 9 months now, having to wait another 13+ months is a bit disappointing

Hey, that just means more time to save!

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #1905 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 11:14:29 »

Retroblight, greenscreen and dusk also. Classic space, although that has to deal with custom legends too. Then there's earfbound, rebel and yuri being developed, all with SA being a major option.

Offline DreaMagine

« Reply #1906 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 11:30:58 »
Hey, that just means more time to save!

I have the money! Let me spend it!

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #1907 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 14:47:20 »

Edit: whoops, missed the notice.  Naughty of me.  Sorry about that.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 November 2015, 16:55:04 by Niomosy »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1908 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 19:52:11 »

Probably should discuss that elsewhere. :thumb:

Seriously though.  This thread is for Penumbra.  Off topic posts will be removed.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #1909 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 19:57:57 »
Seriously though.  This thread is for Penumbra.  Off topic posts will be removed.
Thanks hoff. Personally I even feel like discussion of v2 should be moved to a different thread. I'm tired of this getting necro'd.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline cicada

• Formerly iamacicada
« Reply #1910 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 23:49:57 »
Just curious, how many of you have received penumbra round 1? I'm still debating whether it is a safe bet to go after round 2 :(

Offline cookiesowns

« Reply #1911 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 03:35:18 »
Still missing mine and raindrop. Close to $400 IIRC.

Offline andCoffee

« Reply #1912 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 16:03:15 »
Still missing 2 sets of Round 1 as well.  I'm actually not sure what to do at this point.  Bunny has replied to messages, but he always says that I need to message Cody.  Cody hasn't replied to a message since May, despite telling me in public threads to PM him.  I'm beginning to worry that it's just money lost. 

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1913 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 11:19:16 »
Just curious, how many of you have received penumbra round 1? I'm still debating whether it is a safe bet to go after round 2 :(

about 250 received round 1

about 10 didnt

of those 10, about 5 have opted for a free round 2 set

we have a huge box of mismatched keys to sort in to sets, someone volunteered to take that off codys hands and go round and do it, im not sure what happened with that

r2 got delayed as we were waiting on the fixed shifts and a few other reasons i listed above somewhere and itll be sorted soon

ill make sure everyone gets there set sorted asap
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1914 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 11:21:33 »
Still missing 2 sets of Round 1 as well.  I'm actually not sure what to do at this point.  Bunny has replied to messages, but he always says that I need to message Cody.  Cody hasn't replied to a message since May, despite telling me in public threads to PM him.  I'm beginning to worry that it's just money lost.

ill have it sorted for you, the sets exist, all jumbled up in a box, its a horrible task to do, its far worse than just sorted sets that are put in to individual keys, you are talking about trying to make sets out of a box with maybe 8k keys in or something like that and whilst it is a job that needs doing, its one that takes a lot of time per order, when that time could be spending sorting out 15 + other orders, we have just cleared a ton of recent stuff with only 30% of one buy left to do, thatll be complete soon and our full attention will go to fixing the legacy issues that were passed on to us from raccoon

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1915 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 11:25:49 »

i know you have had the runaround sir, the raindrop sets are sorted and bagged, just gotta get a grip on this box of penumbra, ill personally make sure it gets ton, and i know it isnt deserved, but we just need a little more time to get on top of things

sorry

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #1916 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 11:32:08 »
If I were in Socal, I would gladly help sorting out the remainder sets.  I don't think shipping them to SC would be a feasible option sadly.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1917 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 11:40:44 »
If I were in Socal, I would gladly help sorting out the remainder sets.  I don't think shipping them to SC would be a feasible option sadly.

its really just about allotting some time to it, we had a ton of stuff to clear, and it has just been about prioritising things in such a way that we deal with as many orders as possible per hour

between me and cody, we shipped over 400 packages in the last 3 days, so we should be lighting up the mail thread soon

everything is now clear apart form between 150 - 200 hyperfuse orders, thatll be done and dusted very soon and we will then concentrate on these loose ends

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1918 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 11:46:37 »
between me and cody, we shipped over 400 packages in the last 3 days, so we should be lighting up the mail thread soon

Damn. And I complain about lugging one box to the post office...

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1919 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 11:48:51 »

Damn. And I complain about lugging one box to the post office...

i spent 4 hours in the post office on wednesday, and about 2 hours in there this morning, on wednesday, i couldnt see out of any windows in the car as i had the boot, backseat and passenger seat all loaded from bottom to ceiling

it was ridiculous

but very satisfying to get that much out

i know not what people who have been waiting ages wanna hear about other things, but we are getting stuff clear so we can concentrate on this stuff

once again, i am sorry, but very committed to getting everything straight 

Offline cookiesowns

« Reply #1920 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 00:27:01 »

i know you have had the runaround sir, the raindrop sets are sorted and bagged, just gotta get a grip on this box of penumbra, ill personally make sure it gets ton, and i know it isnt deserved, but we just need a little more time to get on top of things

sorry

Hey bunny, I'm not angry, or upset or anything, just was really curious to see the state of everything. I know he who shall not be named really complicated things for you guys.

Glad to see that the keycaps are there somewhere and will make it out to us. However what is the state of the cables? Will that ever happen ? If it won't happen, will refunds be offered for cables?

Thanks again for the update!

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #1921 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 04:11:49 »

sorry

Hey bunny, I'm not angry, or upset or anything, just was really curious to see the state of everything. I know he who shall not be named really complicated things for you guys.

Glad to see that the keycaps are there somewhere and will make it out to us. However what is the state of the cables? Will that ever happen ? If it won't happen, will refunds be offered for cables?

Thanks again for the update!

I don't know the situation of that in particular, i do know he spent a long time searching for a producer who would gives us something accurate, but you will not be left high and dry :)
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline hitlu

• [LF] Ogres and Colonel
« Reply #1922 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 08:39:38 »

about 10 didnt

we have a huge box of mismatched keys to sort in to sets, someone volunteered to take that off codys hands and go round and do it, im not sure what happened with that

r2 got delayed as we were waiting on the fixed shifts and a few other reasons i listed above somewhere and itll be sorted soon

thanks for ur kindly work on penumbra. i have bought two sets of penumbra R1. but two keys on the number kits are missing before shipped to me. Codys has told me that  he will ship them to me BEFORE May this year. but no update these days. what should i do? no reply from him for half a year.
Colonel or Ogre

Offline slalomsk8er

« Reply #1923 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 04:24:37 »

about 10 didnt

Oh my that was unlucky of me. And all the time I was thinking it was the cable.
Got no reply on the ticket and there is an address update in there - can you take care of this?
Maybe there is still hope for Christmas ... this year ;)

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
« Reply #1924 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 19:31:23 »
Does anyone know if the scooped keys that were going to be on the ctrlalt store were ever posted?

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #1925 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 08:49:08 »

ill have it sorted for you, the sets exist, all jumbled up in a box, its a horrible task to do, its far worse than just sorted sets that are put in to individual keys, you are talking about trying to make sets out of a box with maybe 8k keys in or something like that and whilst it is a job that needs doing, its one that takes a lot of time per order, when that time could be spending sorting out 15 + other orders, we have just cleared a ton of recent stuff with only 30% of one buy left to do, thatll be complete soon and our full attention will go to fixing the legacy issues that were passed on to us from raccoon

I never knew why some of our penumbra orders were on hold for so long, I had thought it was the cable holding everything up, but this makes more sense.  Thanks for the update bunny.  Also sending that many packages indeed feels amazing. 
Hi :)

Offline justnits

« Reply #1926 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 02:19:34 »
i'm glad that SP is bogged down with a lot of SA orders lately and thus delaying Penumbra R2 from launching.

please don't go start new GB until all the older GB's orders have been sorted out so as to not to scare off newbies.  :thumb:
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue
[Sold]Keycool 87 PBT White Cherry MX Blue | [Sold]ikbc F-104 Cherry MX Brown

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1927 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 14:44:25 »
i'm glad that SP is bogged down with a lot of SA orders lately and thus delaying Penumbra R2 from launching.

please don't go start new GB until all the older GB's orders have been sorted out so as to not to scare off newbies.  :thumb:

Kind of in a predicament though, the longer we wait the more possible sets that could jump ahead and further delay Penumbra r2. Or if the SA hype dies down and SP isn't getting flooded with more sets than it would be nice to wait and start Penumbra r2 GB later on. We also need to take into consideration the previous SA sets that will want a second production as well such as Jukebox, possible Danger Zone, etc. because they will be occupying SP as well.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1928 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 15:07:41 »
we actually sent several sets of this out yesterday, just a few more to go now to sort through the rubble and get this wrapped up

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #1929 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 18:50:10 »

Kind of in a predicament though, the longer we wait the more possible sets that could jump ahead and further delay Penumbra r2. Or if the SA hype dies down and SP isn't getting flooded with more sets than it would be nice to wait and start Penumbra r2 GB later on. We also need to take into consideration the previous SA sets that will want a second production as well such as Jukebox, possible Danger Zone, etc. because they will be occupying SP as well.

Yes, there's a pretty decent SA train going right now so Penumbra R2 will just need to jump on at some point and ride it out.  While avoiding the list of SA sets, there are a number that are in various stages of successful group buys with several more in the IC phase and trying to figure out when they should go.  At some point it just becomes drawing a line in the sand and going for a certain date.

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #1930 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 22:45:07 »
we actually sent several sets of this out yesterday, just a few more to go now to sort through the rubble and get this wrapped up

:thumb:
<3
Hi :)

Offline RabRhee

• Life is just a box of cherries.
« Reply #1931 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 08:18:29 »
.... the sets exist, all jumbled up in a box, its a horrible task to do, its far worse than just sorted sets that are put in to individual keys, you are talking about trying to make sets out of a box with maybe 8k keys in or something like that...

This sounds great, I now have this mad OCD feeling of wanting to just sit there sorting out all these sets... Perhaps that feeling wears off after the first 20 GBs though. Shame I am too far away to pop in and sort.
-Life is good-          Crafting: |  KeychainsMore.   .Keychains | Crowdsource Key | Budget Keycap Board |

QFR Dvorak Greens | Neo 87 Dvorak Blues

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #1932 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 09:47:57 »

Fantastic news!   :thumb:

Offline slalomsk8er

« Reply #1933 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 10:38:21 »
You give me hope for Christmas  ;D

I hope you will be quick and/or get my address right as the post forwarding will stop at the end of the month!
For the new address please see the PM form me from the 17th of November.

Thank you for the hard work

This sounds great, I now have this mad OCD feeling of wanting to just sit there sorting out all these sets... Perhaps that feeling wears off after the first 20 GBs though. Shame I am too far away to pop in and sort.

I would also like to get my hands in the box and pull my keys out - envisioning siting there with my ergo doxen and filling them key by key :D
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 December 2015, 10:41:33 by slalomsk8er »

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #1934 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 11:46:40 »
Please no more SA.

Please.

Now if JTK can do it... $$$

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1935 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 12:12:45 »
For those that are still waiting, let me tell you -- it's worth the wait and I hope your wait is over soon.

This is still the set that i use for my daily driver. My only regret with the set is that scoops for the Solarized Alphas didn't get made. Otherwise it's been a fantastic set.  That being said, I'd jump on a R2 set if it was sculpted just to be able to compare the two properly.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1936 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 17:35:08 »
Please no more SA.

Please.

Yeah I'm feeling the SA fatigue too
Would be cool if it were run in both profiles ala Hyperfuse

Offline DreaMagine

« Reply #1937 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 19:27:36 »
This is still the set that i use for my daily driver.

Rub it in why don't ya!

I'm just hoping that I might have a set in my hands before 2017...

Offline Want

« Reply #1938 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 19:29:55 »
Am I the only one who's been holding off on SA sets for Penumbra? I guess the high amount of SA sets right now would impact sales from the mass populous, but I'm ready and waiting for a GB, whenever it may be.  ^-^

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1939 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 09:58:05 »
This is still the set that i use for my daily driver.

Rub it in why don't ya!

I'm just hoping that I might have a set in my hands before 2017...

Sorry DreaMagine. Didn't mean to rub salt in the wound. Hang in there!  :cool:

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #1940 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 17:55:31 »
Am I the only one who's been holding off on SA sets for Penumbra? I guess the high amount of SA sets right now would impact sales from the mass populous, but I'm ready and waiting for a GB, whenever it may be.  ^-^

I jumped in on Troubled Minds as I've wanted to try SA sets out and currently have none yet have funds ready to use.  If the Dasher/Dancer sets go up, those get priority money from me.  At the rate this one is going, I'll have hopefully refiled the beer money funds by the time this set goes live. 

Offline CherryMX_Rainbow

« Reply #1941 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 05:30:51 »
I know I'm still waiting for my set to come......

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1942 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 06:19:59 »
I know I'm still waiting for my set to come......

hyperfuse sorting finished last night

im literally topping up the easypost account now to ship tha, and once thats done we have nothing but time to fullfill as much old stuff as possible

with regards specifically to penumbra, a very nice chap messaged me just yesterday offering his time to piece the last sets together, and i have forwarded him on to cody

Offline ari

« Reply #1943 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 04:45:40 »

I jumped in on Troubled Minds as I've wanted to try SA sets out and currently have none yet have funds ready to use.  If the Dasher/Dancer sets go up, those get priority money from me.  At the rate this one is going, I'll have hopefully refiled the beer money funds by the time this set goes live.

I jumped on Carbon and Modern Selectric after waiting for round two of this one... But when this does go live, I'm in!

Offline kolonelkadat

• Force Project X
« Reply #1944 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 19:07:47 »
at this point, would it be possible to get a refund?

never mind. i just read through the last page or so of this thread and it looks like things are getting moving again.
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 January 2016, 20:14:42 by kolonelkadat »
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. But what is a window?"

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1945 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 19:21:21 »
the ctrlalt website doesnt show it anymore, but its order #323

ill buy your order off you if bunny permits

Offline dohbot

« Reply #1946 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 19:28:39 »
the ctrlalt website doesnt show it anymore, but its order #323

ill buy your order off you if bunny permits

Me too.

Please no more SA.

Please.

GMK Penumbra would be amazing!
That GHer who likes sloths... A lot.

Offline slalomsk8er

« Reply #1947 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 04:29:08 »
Well Christmas is gone and so is my birthday  :(

I'm still waiting on answer on my ticket and on a PM I send to cody and bunny - guys could you please at least look at the PM and answer?

It is kind of important as there is a address change in there!

Thanks

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1948 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 05:14:20 »
Well Christmas is gone and so is my birthday  :(

I'm still waiting on answer on my ticket and on a PM I send to cody and bunny - guys could you please at least look at the PM and answer?

It is kind of important as there is a address change in there!

Thanks

i havent seen a pm from you good sir but if you resend it ill check it now

also i didnt put it in this thread but there is an update about this buy here

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78777.0

someone very kindly donated there time to sort the broken sets so the last few will be out soon

Offline slalomsk8er

« Reply #1949 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 06:39:14 »
resend pm.

Thank you for the response