Author Topic: [IC] Aflion Melody & Runner Switch  (Read 9900 times)

Offline PuNkShoO

• I make keyboard switches.
    • Check out my projects!
[IC] Aflion Melody & Runner Switch
« on: Fri, 18 November 2022, 17:12:19 »
Hey y'all! After the initial IC for the Synthetic Melody switch I decided to make a few adjustments in accordance with community feedback. While I love the name Synthetic Melody I am in agreement that the name was a bit overcomplicated for a switch so the switch is now simply "Melody". Though the design remains mostly unchanged, some revisions have been made to make the tactile bump a bit more noticeable since the original perceived tactility was basically linear. While that was sort of the intention, me calling it a "linearn't", it was a bit overemphasized. The switch now features a different leaf and provides a bit more tactility, coming in at a ~12g tactile drop, but still retains that ultra light tactile near-linear feel. However, I will be doing some individual private testing to ensure these incoming samples fit the design. Additionally, one of the sample batches yielded a very interesting feeling switch wherein the incorrect leaf was provided and the resulting switch was a heavy tactile that I have since fallen in love with. I'm enjoying it so much I want to make it available to everyone. As such, in addition to the Melody I would like to introduce you to the Runner switch.

"It's Friday night and the mood is bright as we head into the weekend. You slap on your finest swag and make a beeline to the local hangout spot in town with a pocket full of milk money  you saved this week for this very moment. What will it be? Do you hit the disco first? Maybe the arcade? Or perhaps you find yourself browsing the vinyls at the local record joint? Man, what a time to be alive!"

Today I am bringing you the Melody switch. As an enjoyer of all sorts of switches in this hobby I've been looking for a fun and different kind of tactile experience. After falling in love with the sounds of Matcha Lattes, Blueberry Chiffons and Tropical Waters I just had to partner with Aflion to make something great. The Melody pairs the classic PC top and nylon bottom of Aflion switch housing materials with the perfect leaf, stem, and spring combination that delivers a light weight tactile typing experience with a smooth rounded bump. Think Matcha Latte meets Holy Panda. If you're looking for a fun and mild tactile switch I implore you to check out these Melody switches! (Also, the colorway is pretty dope.)

Melody Switch Specs:

"Rising out of bed just after dawn you greet the day with a yawn and a stretch. You slide on your favorite runners, throw on your trusty windbreaker and head out the door. With your favorite tunes jamming in your ears you push on as you hit a new personal best. But today isn't any normal day. Today you feel inspired. You press on, crisp air in your lungs and a burn in your calves but you keep going. Like all things in life, you continue forward. You make one last sprint. It feels good. It feels amazing to push yourself beyond limits. This is the life. "

The Runner switch really is just a happy little accident. While designing the Melody I received a batch of samples with the incorrect leaf which made them feel much heavier and very tactiles. These sat for a bit while waiting on updated samples but I decided to throw them into a board and immediately fell in love. I ended up liking them so much that I started work on a colorway as soon as possible. The production version of the Runner will feature a nylon top and bottom housing with a long pole tactile stem with a tactile force drop akin to that found in switches like U4Ts, Holy Pandas, and Dark Jades.

Runner Switch Specs:

Vendor List:

Melody
US: Keebhut
CA: RNDKBD
UK: SerpentKeys
EU: KEYGEM
JP: Basekeys
SG: Ktechs
VN: Shibay Mech
AUS: Prestige Keys

Runner
US: Keebhut
CA: RNDKBD
UK: SerpentKeys
EU: KEYGEM
JP: Basekeys
SG: Ktechs
VN: Shibay Mech
AUS: Prestige Keys

Content Creator List:

Akkigami
Enomooshiki
Georen
ItsFirewire
Staceysmash
Starfirepenguin
SwitchDoctor
thekeycircle
timatoee
TofuTypes

In-stock Switches!

Interest Check Form

Renders & Photos

Reviews and Coverage

Enomooshiki
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1667986691

ItsFirewire
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1671559955

Typing Demos

Enomooshiki

ItsFirewire
https://www.twitch.tv/itsfirewire/clip/FairGoodBatteryBIRB-NQvEWPfaw_R58TVg

Starfirepenguin
https://www.twitch.tv/starfirepenguin/clip/PolishedFurtiveBananaUnSane-5JKBFmhk9OB7IPdo
https://www.twitch.tv/starfirepenguin/clip/HedonisticHonorableOcelotMikeHogu-ahd2dxqcq1ly_Lsm

Staceysmash
https://www.twitch.tv/staceysmash/clip/FaithfulCoyJalapenoPupper-mFCX9cATwXFbZZfq

thekeycircle
https://www.twitch.tv/thekeycircle/clip/MagnificentElegantElkFailFish-FfLREX7ivrmGLyBh

Content and Other Projects

PuNShoO's LinkTree

Join the Discord

« Last Edit: Fri, 16 December 2022, 13:57:25 by PuNkShoO »

Offline HungerMechanic

Re: [IC] Aflion Melody & Runner Switch
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 18 November 2022, 17:19:12 »
Well, this is certainly interesting. And it's commendable that you are developing an innovative light-tactile.

If this switch half-way succeeds, it will enrich the options available to people pursuing that segment of tactility.

Offline chigi22

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 19 November 2022, 01:15:06 »
As a certified Light Tactile Enjoyer I will certainly be watching this. GLWIC!

Offline conternecticus

• (¬‿¬ )
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 19 November 2022, 07:51:13 »
As a certified Light Tactile Enjoyer I will certainly be watching this. GLWIC!

Same, very interested. GLWIC!

Offline less_blank

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 19 November 2022, 13:35:40 »
These look nice, always happy to see more light tactiles.

Offline LMarci

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 19 November 2022, 17:31:07 »
Very happy to see more options for the most underappreciated level of mx tactility

Offline PuNkShoO

• Check out my projects!
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 21 November 2022, 14:29:23 »
Will be taking some glam shots of the Melody samples and sending those samples out to content creators this week. Looking forward to the feedback!
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 November 2022, 14:16:01 by PuNkShoO »

Offline PuNkShoO

• Check out my projects!
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 02 December 2022, 15:33:07 »
Runners should be here in the next week. Will post photos for both once they have arrived. Content creators have begun to review Melody and soon Runner. Be sure to check out the links as I update the IC with them!

Offline conternecticus

• (¬‿¬ )
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 03 December 2022, 08:03:10 »
Sounds great, there's no leaf ping or whatsoever.

Offline PuNkShoO

• Check out my projects!
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 08 December 2022, 16:07:50 »
We are in the final process of organizing preorders. Preorders are live on some of the vendors and I will be moving this to a preorder post once all the vendors are live. Please take a moment to fill out the IC form to help the vendors gauge the level of interested. Thanks!

Offline Sainity

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 09 December 2022, 05:52:58 »
Ow... No EU vendor?

Offline devpm

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 09 December 2022, 08:09:55 »
Hmmmm... Europe????

Offline PuNkShoO

• Check out my projects!
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 12 December 2022, 12:59:41 »
I do not have an EU vendor at the time of writing this but I will be sure to update the IC/Preorder posts if that changes.

Offline jetjagaa

• Giga-Robo
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 14 December 2022, 10:39:54 »
Came here from Tofutypes coverage. The upstroke tactility sounds fascinating!

Offline PuNkShoO

• Check out my projects!
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 15 December 2022, 03:54:06 »
EU and JP vendors have been added