Author Topic: Price Check- What's it Worth?  (Read 2394733 times)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Re: Price Check- What's it Worth?
« Reply #1900 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 23:04:13 »
I'm not sure why you are questioning if it is an AT. Trust me it is. It doesn't need the Soarer mod but I was going to do it like for my other one so I can use a usb cable and change some keys around. But thanks for the estimates.  :)

Well, you gave an answer that seemed uncertain and some people think XT is AT since they have the same 5 pin DIN connector.  Since you didn't provide a picture and said it needed a Soarer, it's a reasonable assumption that it's not an AT.  Didn't mean to offend, but you didn't seem certain, so I'll question someone if they seem uncertain.

Offline sleepy916

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #1901 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 23:08:51 »
My extra IBM AT Model F, very good condition, I replaced the foam with a rubber mat, sanded off the rust on the metal plate. I was planning on doing the Soarer mod on this one but haven't had the will/time. Thanks.

I'm not sure why you are questioning if it is an AT. Trust me it is. It doesn't need the Soarer mod but I was going to do it like for my other one so I can use a usb cable and change some keys around. But thanks for the estimates.  :)

Well, you gave an answer that seemed uncertain and some people think XT is AT since they have the same 5 pin DIN connector.  Since you didn't provide a picture and said it needed a Soarer, it's a reasonable assumption that it's not an AT.  Didn't mean to offend, but you didn't seem certain, so I'll question someone if they seem uncertain.

My original post seems uncertain? I never said I "needed" anything, just that I was planning on doing the mod.

Offline tgujay

« Reply #1902 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 09:37:23 »
My extra IBM AT Model F, very good condition, I replaced the foam with a rubber mat, sanded off the rust on the metal plate. I was planning on doing the Soarer mod on this one but haven't had the will/time. Thanks.

My original post seems uncertain? I never said I "needed" anything, just that I was planning on doing the mod.

Calm down, you seem a little mad, bro.
Gotta collect them all

Offline danrew

« Reply #1903 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 10:02:47 »
HHKB Pro 2 (Gray) from EK
3 Star Leather Wrist Rest from EK
Carrying Case for HHKB from EK

Got the whole kit about a month ago, but I'm finding that I just can't get along without a dedicated six key cluster at work.
Keyboards:
Filco TKL Blues, Filco TKL Browns, Filco TKL Blacks, Realforce 87U 55G, Realforce 87U 45G, HHKB Pro 2

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1904 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 05:21:16 »
HHKB Pro 2 (Gray) from EK
3 Star Leather Wrist Rest from EK
Carrying Case for HHKB from EK

Got the whole kit about a month ago, but I'm finding that I just can't get along without a dedicated six key cluster at work.

You could ask for around what you paid for it so long as it's still in 'like-new' condition. HHKB's usually sell quickly too.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #1905 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 03:30:51 »
Anyone advise how much I could get for white complicated alps? Got 97 of them here. Also pricing on the following Alps caps as well, probably going to bang them together in one big package. Was going to make a alps HHKB out of this stuff but I just don't have time these days, they'd suit anyone looking to make a 60% style Alps keyboard.

2 SETS - Doubleshots

1 SET - Doubleshots

1 SET - PBT Dyesub Apple Extended Keyboard caps

The caps above are from an Apple Extended Keyboard, the function row are unusable for the most part due to a higher stem elevation.
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 November 2013, 06:38:27 by bueller »
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #1906 on: Sun, 03 November 2013, 17:06:55 »
:-[ I have regretted this post for a while now  :-[

Scarlett - Vortex Red Aluminum case, Klaxon keycaps (new), and brand new Filco MJ2 internals (no mods).

Pattie - CM QFR w/greens (used but very clean, no mods), painted metallic green case, and CCnG set (newest GB, still waiting for ^,6).

Poker 2 - MX Blues (used but very clean, no mods), unused keycaps, and everything that comes in the box.

CM QFR - MX Black (used but very clean, no mods), red painted top case, ducky shine caps (used), with original box.

Be gentle.  :-\

Not sure about the QFR, but because it's painted and has the keycap set, I'd probably go into maybe $200? Not sure what you'd value the paint at, but you take some darn good photos so it shouldn't be a problem. Might take a while to find someone who likes Greens, though.

Poker 2, as new ones seem to be about $110 or so, I'd think that $100 would be a reasonable price.

The QFR though, given that the caps are used, but it's painted, maybe $110 maximum, probably $100. The Ducky keys shouldn't change the value any as they're similar to the QFR's keys, and the paint job would probably be worth at most $40 (pricing the board/caps themselves at $60).

All prices before shipping. It would probably be good to take these opinions with several pinches of salt, as I'm new to this.

Edited the QFR price, didn't know how much CCnG was worth.
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 November 2013, 17:11:59 by Linkbane »
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline Acknown3

• Not a keyboard addict
« Reply #1907 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 10:24:30 »
I just won the drawing for EK's Clack Factory Gummyrot Green Skull Keycap (Topre). How much would it sell for, or does it just depend on how much enthusiasts want it?
FC660C gray dyesub, gummyrot clack
FC660M cherry reds, Triumph Adler, blue aluminum case
Filco TKL cherry reds, white side-printed PBT
IBM Model F XT

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1908 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 10:32:02 »
I just won the drawing for EK's Clack Factory Gummyrot Green Skull Keycap (Topre). How much would it sell for, or does it just depend on how much enthusiasts want it?

Well, you can't sell it here because you don't have 60 posts.  As for price, I'll give my boilerplate response.  If you don't want it, don't be an ******* and jack up the price.  Instead, sell it at cost.  Do something like I did with my Hack Orange CC Skull sale and get it to a deserving member.

Edit:  And I should add that I actually took a loss on my HO sale and it was my only CC skull.  I just wanted someone to appreciate it instead of trying to make a quick buck even though I needed it.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 November 2013, 10:35:27 by nubbinator »

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1909 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 10:33:09 »

Well, you can't sell it here because you don't have 60 posts.  As for price, I'll give my boilerplate response.  If you don't want it, don't be an ******* and jack up the price.  Instead, sell it at cost.  Do something like I did with my Hack Orange CC Skull sale and get it to a deserving member.

Said just what I was thinking. People around this place are bloody ridiculous sometimes.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline MTManiac

• can't is the cancer of happen
« Reply #1910 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 10:35:08 »

Offline Acknown3

• Not a keyboard addict
« Reply #1911 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 11:05:09 »
Sorry, I'm relatively new to Geekhack. All I know is that they can sell for up to $100 or more, but I wasn't sure if the skulls were worth more or less than his other caps since I've seen some people with a dozen or more on one keyboard.
IBM Model F XT

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #1912 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 11:08:24 »
Sorry, I'm relatively new to Geekhack. All I know is that they can sell for up to $100 or more, but I wasn't sure if the skulls were worth more or less than his other caps since I've seen some people with a dozen or more on one keyboard.

Someone is always going to be upset, regardless of whether you give it away or sell it for a bunch. Just my two cents :)
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 November 2013, 11:11:26 by Jocelyn »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1913 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 11:10:33 »

I'll tell you what, I'll buy it from you at retail +$10. 

The truth is, they're worth what the market will bear, but there's nothing honorable about winning a raffle or 4Grabs and immediately flipping a Clack for a large profit.  There are a ton of people out there without any at all whose only chance at actually being able to get one is getting lucky with a 4Grabs or raffle and people who enter just to sell them for profit are taking advantage of a situation.  In the end, the Clack usually ends up with some collector/hoarder who has the cash to throw at it instead of someone who may only be able to afford retail and wants their first Clack. 

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #1914 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 11:10:46 »
Regardless of the unwritten rules about clacks, you would probably have trouble selling it in the first place since you only have 3 posts and most (smart) people will not deal with someone who is new like you are.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1915 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 11:12:23 »
Regardless of the unwritten rules about clacks, you would probably have trouble selling it in the first place since you only have 3 posts and most (smart) people will not deal with someone who is new like you are.

Very solid point. CC or no I wouldn't be throwing my money at anyone with no history or heatware.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1916 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 11:13:14 »

Yeah they spend thousands of dollars to make those!

I mean they trade for them *cough*

We have plenty of people who do this only they get 60 posts in a couple days first.....nobody seems to notice much

Offline Acknown3

• Not a keyboard addict
« Reply #1917 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 11:14:57 »
So even if I were to provide email proof and a timestamp of me with the cap when I get it, I can't sell it?

Damn, guess I'll just keep it then.
IBM Model F XT

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1918 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 11:15:41 »
So even if I were to provide email proof and a timestamp of me with the cap when I get it, I can't sell it?

Site rules state you must have 60 posts to use the classifieds.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #1919 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 11:16:52 »

BRB: Gotta spam random threads :P

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1920 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 11:17:51 »

Don't forget them magically stopping when they hit 60.

Offline Acknown3

• Not a keyboard addict
« Reply #1921 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 11:17:58 »

Yeah, this doesn't seem like the best method. Account age matters more than posts in my opinion. Even PPD would be better.
IBM Model F XT

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1922 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 11:39:16 »

Yeah, this doesn't seem like the best method. Account age matters more than posts in my opinion. Even PPD would be better.

PPD = post per day

seems legit! I like this guy.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #1923 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 11:41:30 »

PPD = post per day

.014 ppd seems legit  :))

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1924 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 11:42:54 »

PPD = post per day

No I meant about PPD = post per day ;)

Offline Acknown3

• Not a keyboard addict
« Reply #1925 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 11:45:04 »
I joined a while ago to ask about getting a Triforce keycap and forgot about the place, but then I won that CC and figured I'd come back to at least see what I could get for it. I didn't really want to make a new profile either since that's against a lot of websites' TOS.
IBM Model F XT

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1926 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 11:47:21 »
I joined a while ago to ask about getting a Triforce keycap and forgot about the place, but then I won that CC and figured I'd come back to at least see what I could get for it. I didn't really want to make a new profile either since that's against a lot of websites' TOS.

yes two accounts will get you the ban hammer :eek:

to answer the question, it is worth whatever someone will pay you for it. sadly that does drive up clack prices but it is what it is.

why not stick around and be a part of the community and after a whle you'll have your 60 posts and you can put it up for sale or even trade if that is what you want to do.

Offline Acknown3

• Not a keyboard addict
« Reply #1927 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 11:48:38 »
Well it won't ship for a few days so I guess that's what I'll end up doing xD
IBM Model F XT

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #1928 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 11:49:16 »

PPD = post per day

No I meant about PPD = post per day ;)
Yeah, what about it?  :-\ I know ppd is post per day, and he only has a .014 ppd and he brought it up.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1929 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 11:50:05 »
Well it won't ship for a few days so I guess that's what I'll end up doing xD

Note: I didn't necessarily mean get your 60 posts in 2 or 3 days haha :p

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #1930 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 11:50:27 »

yes two accounts will get you the ban hammer :eek:

to answer the question, it is worth whatever someone will pay you for it. sadly that does drive up clack prices but it is what it is.

why not stick around and be a part of the community and after a whle you'll have your 60 posts and you can put it up for sale or even trade if that is what you want to do.
Because he is "not a keyboard addict"  :(

C'mon, join the dark side

Offline Acknown3

• Not a keyboard addict
« Reply #1931 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 11:52:49 »
I'm in denial ;_;

It wasn't so bad at first. Just a SS 6Gv2 which I picked over the BWU without knowing what mechanical switches were.

Then it was a Filco TKL Ninja with MX Reds because I wanted to try TKL.

Then a white side-printed PBT set.

And three translucent novelty caps.

Then a $40 BWU to try out blues.

Then a Model F XT that I found.

... And that FC660C which I had been eyeing for a while.

And now this CC. I don't even understand why it's so addicting ;_;

Edit: Oh, and two $25 Rosewill boards with reds that were on sale, one of which I bought WASD caps for.

And I'm also stuck with this thing which is too expensive to ship and I'm not sure I could sell the caps for anything.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 November 2013, 12:00:48 by Acknown3 »
IBM Model F XT

Offline ITzNybble

• Formerly curro123083
  • Nibble or Nybble either way it sounds delicious!
« Reply #1932 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 12:19:35 »
Are auctions for CC frowned upon? I am thinking about doing this....call me a sumbag but as much as I hate to say it, the world runs on money. Just don't want to be exiled from the community :D
WASD V1 Custom - MX Blue
Custom Miami QFR - MX Green
Handwired Redox-Manuform - Box Pink/Box Navy
KBD67 MKII PolyCarbonate - Gateron CJ

Offline Acknown3

• Not a keyboard addict
« Reply #1933 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 12:20:55 »
From the replies I got, it seems like it.

This place is still a lot less aggressive than other online communities though.
IBM Model F XT

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #1934 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 12:21:00 »
Are auctions for CC frowned upon? I am thinking about doing this....call me a sumbag but as much as I hate to say it, the world runs on money. Just don't want to be exiled from the community :D

Someone will always frown upon every scenario involving Clacks. I've even seen a few people complain about them being given away.

Offline ITzNybble

• Formerly curro123083
« Reply #1935 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 12:21:27 »

Someone will always frown upon every scenario involving Clacks. I've even seen a few people complain about them being given away.

okay so no matter what prepare for war :P
WASD V1 Custom - MX Blue

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1936 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 12:21:41 »

The butt hurt doesn't last forever but there will be butt hurt. ;)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1937 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 12:21:44 »
They're frowned upon but it's not like you'll get banned or anything. Some people might hold a grudge over it though.

Offline ITzNybble

• Formerly curro123083
« Reply #1938 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 12:22:03 »

The butt hurt doesn't last forever but there will be butt hurt. ;)

lol
WASD V1 Custom - MX Blue

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #1939 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 12:22:03 »

Immediately auctioning clacks will be a shot to fame though :))

Offline ITzNybble

• Formerly curro123083
« Reply #1940 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 12:22:49 »

Fame and Money......Started from the bottom now were here :P
WASD V1 Custom - MX Blue

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1941 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 12:23:50 »

Not the good kind of fame though.

Offline ITzNybble

• Formerly curro123083
« Reply #1942 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 12:25:55 »

Not the good kind of fame though.

true lol
WASD V1 Custom - MX Blue

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #1943 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 12:26:39 »
I do not think it is all that irrational to be mad about it, if you needed the money you should have not entered and just saved your money. Otherwise you obviously look like you just entered to make money off of it.

But at the end of the day, if the buyer and seller are happy about the price, so be it.

I personally do not see a clack selling for around or under 100 that bad, but the 300 they go for is just crazy.

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #1944 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 12:29:09 »
From the replies I got, it seems like it.

This place is still a lot less aggressive than other online communities though.

Despite all of us being keyboard warriors, we at least get called out whenever we're being dumbasses.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1945 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 12:32:49 »
I do not think it is all that irrational to be mad about it, if you needed the money you should have not entered and just saved your money. Otherwise you obviously look like you just entered to make money off of it.

But at the end of the day, if the buyer and seller are happy about the price, so be it.

I personally do not see a clack selling for around or under 100 that bad, but the 300 they go for is just crazy.

I do believe those recent $300 were very rare and were never publicly sold. So it's not like they paid $30 for it in a drawing and then just flipped it.

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #1946 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 15:26:22 »
What would an Oktoberfest MX CC cost?
I don't have one, and I'm just wondering what I'd be looking at to acquire one, and if it's not exorbitantly massive.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1947 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 15:27:50 »
I don't have one, and I'm just wondering what I'd be looking at to acquire one, and if it's not exorbitantly massive.

They used to go for $50-70 but with all the recent craziness it's hard to say.

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #1948 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 15:34:47 »

They used to go for $50-70 but with all the recent craziness it's hard to say.

Such sadness. I heard that they weren't too popular, but after this insanity I'd be pretty happy to get it under $80; it's good looking and hopefully affordable.
Thanks spamray.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1949 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 15:39:23 »
There's a lot of insanity, but there are also some good people on here.  Post a wanted thread if you haven't already and try for that Clack.  You may get lucky, especially if you offer good beer as part of the trade.