Author Topic: Price Check- What's it Worth?  (Read 2395078 times)

Offline bcredbottle

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Price Check- What's it Worth?
« Reply #5500 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 15:48:58 »
So Long Summer Bro escape keys - Hemo and Mana Pool
RETAIL

Wha? I thought the market price for Bro's was typically way above retail. Anyway, I got this in a trade and don't know the retail price.

Bro says retail.  Above retail can result in bans.

Do you have a source? And banned from what? Geekhack? From Bro sales?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5501 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 15:52:50 »
RETAIL

Wha? I thought the market price for Bro's was typically way above retail. Anyway, I got this in a trade and don't know the retail price.

Are you playing dumb? Trolling? I really can't tell anymore.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #5502 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 15:55:43 »
RETAIL

RETAIL
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #5503 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 15:56:43 »
RETAIL

His questions always amaze me.

Offline slushi

« Reply #5504 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 16:03:02 »
PC on a black Ducky Shine 3 TKL with Cherry MX Red switches and purple LED backlit in pretty much mint condition with original boxes and accessories.

Thanks for the help in advance!

HHKB Pro 2

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #5505 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 16:07:03 »
RETAIL

I'd ask you the same thing. I have no idea what you mean by "anymore" or why you're being rude.

I got these caps in a trade for a board b/c I like artisan blanks. But now I need $ and I have too many caps so I'd like to sell them.

I've never heard of this price-ceiling policy. Actually, I have never had a Bro until recently and generally know very little about them.

I don't see anywhere on the Brocaps or CtrlAlt board where it says there's a price ceiling enforceable by bans (again, bans from what?). The person I got the caps from didn't mention anything about it either. 

If I had some legit evidence of an alleged price ceiling I guess I'd respect it if it's some huge problem. But no one has shown me that. Just alot of unhelpful or rude answers.

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #5506 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 16:08:11 »
RETAIL

Have we spoken before?

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #5507 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 16:12:35 »
RETAIL

Have we spoken before?

Nope, but I have seen enough of your posts.

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #5508 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 16:15:59 »
RETAIL

Have we spoken before?

Nope, but I have seen enough of your posts.

You're right. I ask really stupid questions like "What shade of blue matches the blue in this picture?" and "How thick are SP caps?"

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #5509 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 16:16:59 »
Oh, and again, does anyone have a source for Bro's policy? I'm not saying it doesn't exist; I just want to make sure it's real before I throw away a bunch of money by selling at retail.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • snoozing
« Reply #5510 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 16:18:24 »
RETAIL

I'd ask you the same thing. I have no idea what you mean by "anymore" or why you're being rude.

I got these caps in a trade for a board b/c I like artisan blanks. But now I need $ and I have too many caps so I'd like to sell them.

I've never heard of this price-ceiling policy. Actually, I have never had a Bro until recently and generally know very little about them.

I don't see anywhere on the Brocaps or CtrlAlt board where it says there's a price ceiling enforceable by bans (again, bans from what?). The person I got the caps from didn't mention anything about it either. 

If I had some legit evidence of an alleged price ceiling I guess I'd respect it if it's some huge problem. But no one has shown me that. Just alot of unhelpful or rude answers.
It used to be in Bro caps FAQ but it's currently down. You should be selling at retail, we say this because it's the truth we don't have a secret agenda. Bro has expressed the want to have Brocaps either traded or sold at retail
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #5511 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 16:24:10 »
RETAIL

It used to be in Bro caps FAQ but it's currently down. You should be selling at retail, we say this because it's the truth we don't have a secret agenda. Bro has expressed the want to have Brocaps either traded or sold at retail

I appreciate the info and thanks for giving a serious answer. I guess the reason for the policy has to do with some concern about speculators clogging up primary market raffles or sales? I know in the art market some gallerists have policies like this.

IDK why people think I'm trolling; I really just want to understand the rules because they do affect me obviously. I'm somewhat new to the mech hobby and very new to the artisan craze. I didn't realize there was this whole culture/unspoken law around Bro Caps (and I'm not casting judgment on it, I just wish I knew more about it).

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5512 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 16:56:46 »

I appreciate the info and thanks for giving a serious answer. I guess the reason for the policy has to do with some concern about speculators clogging up primary market raffles or sales? I know in the art market some gallerists have policies like this.

IDK why people think I'm trolling; I really just want to understand the rules because they do affect me obviously. I'm somewhat new to the mech hobby and very new to the artisan craze. I didn't realize there was this whole culture/unspoken law around Bro Caps (and I'm not casting judgment on it, I just wish I knew more about it).

To be fair, you've admitted that you only came here in the first place to troll, so we (speaking for myself) can't really tell what your intent is at any given moment.

However, assuming you're not trolling...
People tend to assume that everyone frequents the same sections of the site that they do, so it seems like a dumb question.  If it's a legitimate question, then it's not dumb, but is still surprising since these artisan caps have invaded most of the forums so it's practically "general knowledge" at this point.  But I won't hold it against you.  ;)

Bro has had this "rule" in place since he started making V2s.  If you buy caps with the sole intent of flipping for cash, you can/will be banned from all future Bro sales.  Who it's been enforced against is a mystery and will remain so, and clarifications about the specifics/intent of the rule should be made by Bro rather than myself.

Also, just as a note, we would not ban anyone from geekhack for anything even remotely related to this.  Don't be so silly.  :P

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #5513 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 17:05:22 »
To be fair, you've admitted that you only came here in the first place to troll, so we (speaking for myself) can't really tell what your intent is at any given moment.

Understandable. I stopped trolling a while ago but I can't just expect everyone to instantly get over it.

Bro has had this "rule" in place since he started making V2s.  If you buy caps with the sole intent of flipping for cash, you can/will be banned from all future Bro sales.  Who it's been enforced against is a mystery and will remain so, and clarifications about the specifics/intent of the rule should be made by Bro rather than myself.

I appreciate the informative response.

I didn't acquire these for the purpose of selling them so IDK if the rule even applies to me. I wanted to keep them but I ended up spending way too much on hobby stuff so I wanted to recoup some of that cost. But I will keep them off the market out of deference to the creator (well, at least until I get a better sense of the contours of the aftermarket policy).

Also, just as a note, we would not ban anyone from geekhack for anything even remotely related to this.  Don't be so silly.  :P

Good to know. :)

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5514 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 17:06:42 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 17:11:35 by alienman82 »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5515 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 17:52:19 »
alps green cost per switch?

Assuming good condition, they generally go for $80-150 for a board with them.  So I'd say $0.50-0.75 a switch.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5516 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 11:56:59 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 17:11:19 by alienman82 »

Offline slushi

« Reply #5517 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 12:03:15 »
PC on a black Ducky Shine 3 TKL with Cherry MX Red switches and purple LED backlit in pretty much mint condition with original boxes and accessories.

Not sure if this got buried after the bro's discussion. Anyone have an idea on the worth?

HHKB Pro 2

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #5518 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 12:05:29 »

Not sure if this got buried after the bro's discussion. Anyone have an idea on the worth?

Original price minus 20-30$
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline slushi

« Reply #5519 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 12:20:59 »
Thanks! I don't even remember the retail on these things. Time to go google  :D

HHKB Pro 2

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5520 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 13:57:24 »
alps green cost per switch?

Assuming good condition, they generally go for $80-150 for a board with them.  So I'd say $0.50-0.75 a switch.

Price on dampened cream alps and white clicky alps?  Thank you

Not much unless the Whites are complicated White.  Along the lines of $0.10-0.25 a switch.  Most people will just buy Matias Alps instead.

Offline RoastPotatoes

• * Maker
    • RoastPotatoes Keyboard Blog
« Reply #5521 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 14:14:31 »
I have a Nerd TKL Deskthority Award Edition PCB with Gateron Blacks and an Evangelian WASD set. Hand wiring documented here.

Also a Falbatech ErgoDox signature plastics DSA un-ergonomically weighted. It has Gateron Browns for alphas and I think blacks for mods and some clears.

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #5522 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 14:48:14 »
I have a Nerd TKL Deskthority Award Edition PCB with Gateron Blacks and an Evangelian WASD set. Hand wiring documented here.
Show Image

Also a Falbatech ErgoDox signature plastics DSA un-ergonomically weighted. It has Gateron Browns for alphas and I think blacks for mods and some clears.

Most Ergodoxen I've seen lately have slipped below $200.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #5523 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 15:07:54 »
Show Image

If I had the money in a couple of week I wouldn't mind getting that board looks lovely ^~^
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline RoastPotatoes

• * Maker
    • RoastPotatoes Keyboard Blog
« Reply #5524 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 15:16:49 »
Show Image

If I had the money in a couple of week I wouldn't mind getting that board looks lovely ^~^
I'm selling it for a friend. I think the keyset is quite nicely designed. I like the placement of the red not too much but not too little. Aesthetically I think this could be a nice GB set. It was inspired by Feng's evangelian set as he just missed the GB.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #5525 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 15:25:01 »
What is SoWaRe going for these days?

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • snoozing
« Reply #5526 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 16:28:10 »
What is SoWaRe going for these days?
Around 150+ for a pretty mint set
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline olijuice

« Reply #5527 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 21:44:41 »
Hey everyone. What is an asking price for Badwrench's Alps Infinity mod set and optional modifiers with the incorrect font? Assuming everyone on that group buy got a free second set with the incorrect font, would it be alright to ask for a discounted price on the bad font?

I want to make a classified post someday and ask for both sets or even just the bad font ones.

Offline dwlocks

« Reply #5528 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 23:01:39 »
[redacted]

(If I had enough posts, I'd sell 'em in the classifieds.  But I don't.)

Dan

Mod Edit: No advertising outside of Classifieds
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 October 2015, 00:03:23 by HoffmanMyster »
Noppoo Choc mini, blue switches. (I dream of a model M laptop)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5529 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 23:06:56 »

How does this change the fact that you need to know their value?  Or are you just hoping someone will PM you after seeing this post?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5530 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 23:17:41 »

How does this change the fact that you need to know their value?  Or are you just hoping someone will PM you after seeing this post?

Hoff, you should know by now that the price check section is just the post your **** so you can sell it by private bid instead of opening a classified section.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5531 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 23:20:45 »

Hoff, you should know by now that the price check section is just the post your **** so you can sell it by private bid instead of opening a classified section.

:))  Gotta give the benefit of the doubt, yknow?

Offline dwlocks

« Reply #5532 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 23:44:45 »

I was hoping, yes. I used the [keyboard] for around 7 years when I worked from home, but now I don't. I'd rather it go to someone from this forum than some schmoe from ebay. 

I'm not trying to abuse or be a jerk here.  I'm making an attempt to follow the rules and be a good citizen.  Perhaps not a particularly good attempt, if the question results in rebukes and no valuations. 

Mod Edit: No advertising outside of Classifieds
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 October 2015, 00:02:19 by HoffmanMyster »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5533 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 23:58:34 »
I'm not trying to abuse or be a jerk here.  I'm making an attempt to follow the rules and be a good citizen.  Perhaps not a particularly good attempt, if the question results in rebukes and no valuations.

The rules are pretty clear, and I'll be editing your posts in this thread to comply.  If you're interested in selling to a geekhacker, I'd consider posting the items on eBay and posting links in the Member Auction Link subforum.  Alternatively, you can always wait the required 2 months + 25 posts minimum requirement to post in Classifieds.

Classifieds Rules:
  • Do not post advertisements outside of the Classifieds and External Auctions subforums.

Offline dwlocks

« Reply #5534 on: Sun, 18 October 2015, 00:18:25 »
My reading comprehension must be impaired tonight.  Thanks for the tip on the member auction links.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5535 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 21:20:09 »
I know Model F's aren't all the rage but where can I price a Model F AT with 2 XT's to get them to sell??? (they all work, one XT could use a bath)

Also is this a dolch moogle kit?  It's SP DCS. No shine. Caps are dark gray they look black in the photo.

What's it worth?

« Last Edit: Mon, 19 October 2015, 21:52:24 by SpAmRaY »

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #5536 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 22:10:08 »

Hey everyone. What is an asking price for Badwrench's Alps Infinity mod set and optional modifiers with the incorrect font? Assuming everyone on that group buy got a free second set with the incorrect font, would it be alright to ask for a discounted price on the bad font?

I want to make a classified post someday and ask for both sets or even just the bad font ones.

FYI it wouldn't be a full second set. Some of the legends were OK (the custom logos and the GEEK HACK keys) and thus were not remade.

With that in mind, plus the fact that they were free, I would definitely ask for a discounted price.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #5537 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 22:16:18 »
I know Model F's aren't all the rage but where can I price a Model F AT with 2 XT's to get them to sell??? (they all work, one XT could use a bath)

Also is this a dolch moogle kit?  It's SP DCS. No shine. Caps are dark gray they look black in the photo.

What's it worth?

Show Image

There are a couple of XTs on eBay, buy it now priced at $75, if that helps.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5538 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 22:18:30 »

What's it worth?

There are a couple of XTs on eBay, buy it now priced at $75, if that helps.

Maybe I should sell mine on ebay then :p
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 October 2015, 22:26:08 by SpAmRaY »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5539 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 11:00:03 »

What's it worth?

Show Image

Model F's should be all the rage.  :rolleyes:  An F AT should sell for $100+, and the XTs are still worth something.  I'm no expert on pricing, but you should be able to get a decent amount for those three I'd think.

As for the SP caps, it looks like a Moogle kit + some extras?  If the caps are dark grey and not full black, I'd guess a Dolch kit, yes.  I'm not aware of any other Moogle kits that were produced for dark sets (Dolch and WoB).  Price?  No clue.  :|  I've purchased a couple Moogle kits for around $35 since they're pretty hard to come across.  Something in that range should be fair.  With the recent GMK re-runs that may have dropped though (I bought WYSE, which still doesn't have a proper GMK set).

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #5540 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 14:42:50 »
Maybe I should sell mine on ebay then

You will almost always get a better price on ebay than you will here, even after paying the 10% tribute.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #5541 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 17:18:03 »
Great condition black duck eagle case.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #5542 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 04:22:58 »

325-400$ , depends on condition.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #5543 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 04:29:28 »

For case only? I've seen pre-builts for that much.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #5544 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 04:43:41 »

I have not heard of Viper sold without pcb. What is your plan for pcb?
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #5545 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 04:46:10 »

There's a leekup PCB and Plate GB coming up, so I'm buying just a case. And I know it doesn't really make a difference, but it's an Eagle not a Viper.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #5546 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 04:49:12 »

There's a leekup PCB and Plate GB coming up, so I'm buying just a case. And I know it doesn't really make a difference, but it's an Eagle not a Viper.

I'm aware of this since I'm the one doing it :>
And the prices I gave above are incorrect for Eagle, I don't know the going prices of those.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #5547 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 04:50:16 »
I'm aware of this since I'm the one doing it :>
Oh yeah duh. Looking forward to an ISO Eagle
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline samsam

« Reply #5548 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 16:37:18 »
If you don't mind me asking for how much did you sell your KUL Es87 with mx clears. I'm getting an exchange from KUL soon so a new one because of a defect on the one I have. But I want to sell the new one. So a brand spanking new one with the advantage of shipping as a gift ahahah

Thanks with regards Sam

Offline slaction

« Reply #5549 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 20:30:35 »
I have an Apple M0116 with stock Salmon Alps, that is literally brand new.  Its still in the box, never been plugged up, even comes with original paper manual.

Basically just wondering if it's worth enough to not gut it for the switches.