Author Topic: [GB]BOK.CP (finish)  (Read 44394 times)

Offline wixxzblu

Re: [GB]BOK.CP
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 29 June 2018, 05:35:00 »
any update BOK? how close are you to finish shipping?

still waiting for my antique red gray  :'(

Offline BOK

• i,m fine
« Reply #101 on: Sun, 01 July 2018, 04:02:57 »
any update BOK? how close are you to finish shipping?

still waiting for my antique red gray  :'(

Additional manufactured housings are currently being inspected.
I am in consultation with the factory.
As soon as some issues are resolved, i will send them out immediately.
198945-0

Offline wixxzblu

« Reply #102 on: Sun, 01 July 2018, 04:05:05 »
awesome! thanks for the update BOK  :thumb:

Offline BOK

• i,m fine
« Reply #103 on: Sun, 01 July 2018, 04:09:03 »
Antique Red-Gray sample.

198969-0

198971-1

198973-2
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 July 2018, 04:12:06 by BOK »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #104 on: Sun, 01 July 2018, 09:20:14 »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #105 on: Mon, 23 July 2018, 19:43:48 »
Grey BOK.CP with SA Carbon on sip-socketed BSUN brown switches :)

Offline JFKroflcopter

« Reply #106 on: Wed, 25 July 2018, 06:36:24 »
Hey BOK! Any update for the second list of boards?

Thanks!

Offline Hongook

« Reply #107 on: Thu, 26 July 2018, 21:39:56 »
Any extras available or the possibility of a Round 2?

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #108 on: Sat, 28 July 2018, 21:14:20 »
Hey BOK! Any update for the second list of boards?

Thanks!

Might be worth reaching out to him via PM. I contacted him not long ago and he got back to me by the next day.

Offline wodan

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 07:21:48 »
Oh BOK I have just received my BOK.CP

You are the sweetest! Thank you very much for all the goodies, I am completely overwhelmed. The package got right through customs and arrived at my door step. Everyone is jealous of my nice desk mat, wrist rest and switch modding station. And the cute artisan key cap really tops it all :)

Offline orlandotoldmeso

« Reply #110 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 14:39:43 »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline BOK

• i,m fine
« Reply #112 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 05:49:52 »
Sorry for late update.

First of all, I am sorry for delay to delivery the 2nd batch.

After shipping the 1st batch, we had been producing the red antic keyboards for 2nd batch again(because there were many defects in first producing, we couldn't ship the all keyboards), but some defects were founds in aftertreatment processing again.
So we had been discussed this defects with factory and decide to totally destroy the housing with defects.

And then, we prepared new material and machining, but some defects were founds again as you can see the below pictures.
There are mainly two defects as stain and fingerprint marks.
Maybe these defects may look small on pictures, but not small in real visible.

Last week we purchased new materials for 3rd trial and start the CNC machining again.
I am sorry but please wait a little longer and be patience.
I can't make exact schedule because I couldn't keep my promises.
But I am doing my best now and I will make and ship the 2nd batch keyboards to you.

When all processes will be finished, I will update again.

I am sorry again

Offline wixxzblu

« Reply #113 on: Sat, 11 August 2018, 10:57:06 »
thanks for another update BOK

Offline BOK

• i,m fine
« Reply #114 on: Thu, 30 August 2018, 01:38:20 »

2st
It will be ship tomorrow.

bminhz (Antique Red-Gray)
 Sylvestyeo (Antique Red-Gray)
 wixxzblu (Antique Red-Gray)
 JFKroflcopter (Antique Red-Gray)
 FeelgHoodMuzik (Antique Red-Gray)

Thank you for waiting.

« Last Edit: Thu, 30 August 2018, 04:11:26 by BOK »

Offline JFKroflcopter

« Reply #115 on: Thu, 30 August 2018, 08:14:15 »

2st

Thank you for waiting.

Awesome news - really appreciate you working so hard to deliver a quality product!

Thanks, BOK!

Offline wixxzblu

« Reply #116 on: Thu, 30 August 2018, 14:50:02 »

2st

Thank you for waiting.

Thanks BOK! cant wait to have my BOK.CP in hand

Offline wixxzblu

« Reply #117 on: Mon, 08 October 2018, 12:50:47 »

2st

Thank you for waiting.

So ive now desoldered my BOK.CP 3 times after 3 tries of assembling it without having the pcb and switches extremely warped. Ive been in talks with bok himself, we've come to the conclusion that theres something wrong with my pcb.
But when i asked bok for a replacement PCB, he quickly ghosted me, this is 2 weeks back. The only solution he has provided before the ghosting has been to return the whole board for a full refund, which i definitely dont want to do, cuz the case is amazing.

So i have no means of reaching bok except showing you guys the evidence here and hopefully get the ball rolling.

Ive soldered back a few PCB mount cherry MX anchor switches on the left side of the pcb, but somewhere in the middle of the pcb the pads/holes get offset by about 1mm, which makes it impossible to assemble the board without considerable force and bending of the whole pcb, and the end result is not beautfiul.

205074-0

205076-1

Here is the other side

205078-2

205080-3

Here is how the switches looked like on the third assembly, no matter how much force i add, the switches wont stay flat.

205082-4

« Last Edit: Mon, 08 October 2018, 13:06:59 by wixxzblu »

Offline wixxzblu

Re: [GB]BOK.CP (finish)
« Reply #118 on: Tue, 09 October 2018, 04:44:47 »
Ok, it looks like i will be getting help from kin25 to solve this issue since BOK is very busy with his job.

:thumb: :thumb:

Offline TheloniousDrunk

« Reply #119 on: Fri, 30 November 2018, 12:36:34 »
I just found out about this board from watching Nathan Kim's videos on Youtube. This is exactly what I want in a board. Still has the tenkeys, but it's more compact than a full layout. Is there any chance of another run?

Offline wixxzblu

« Reply #120 on: Fri, 30 November 2018, 12:39:02 »
I just found out about this board from watching Nathan Kim's videos on Youtube. This is exactly what I want in a board. Still has the tenkeys, but it's more compact than a full layout. Is there any chance of another run?

This will probably not have a rerun, you should look at future 1800 CP gbs such as the HBCP and punchy 1800

Offline ConfuseBill

Re: [GB]BOK.CP (in Anodizing)
« Reply #121 on: Wed, 30 January 2019, 02:26:04 »
Here's mine

Hi clik_clak is yours Copper or Brass? Im kinda like your, which has darker hue.

Offline qq

• A daydreamer of possibilities
« Reply #122 on: Wed, 30 January 2019, 05:41:58 »
I think that's the copper. The antique color will vary with different lighting conditions.

Offline ConfuseBill

« Reply #123 on: Wed, 30 January 2019, 09:43:30 »
I think that's the copper. The antique color will vary with different lighting conditions.
Yes qq, I guess so too. But just wanna make sure before joining.
Cheers

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #124 on: Wed, 30 January 2019, 12:50:11 »
Cheers

This group buy has already ended. Not sure if Bok has any extras (I don't think he does though).

Offline jaymaikan

« Reply #125 on: Wed, 30 January 2019, 14:04:27 »
Cheers

This group buy has already ended. Not sure if Bok has any extras (I don't think he does though).

Kin is selling extras: https://goo.gl/forms/WHjr08vAI3KoUuI02

Offline ConfuseBill

« Reply #126 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 00:13:44 »
Yes, Kin is opening new Order. He should open a new [GB] Threads, so that people know that something is going on.
Cheers guys.

Offline qq

• A daydreamer of possibilities
« Reply #127 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 05:07:10 »
Yes, Kin is opening new Order. He should open a new [GB] Threads, so that people know that something is going on.
Cheers guys.

He has a thread here https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=94637.850 which he keeps posting new updates.

Also, FYI, my antique tx60 is copper, quick shot by iPhone 7 in my bedroom, natural morning light, no pro calibrated whatsoever.

Offline ConfuseBill

« Reply #128 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 06:21:36 »
Cheers guys.

He has a thread here https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=94637.850 which he keeps posting new updates.

Also, FYI, my antique tx60 is copper, quick shot by iPhone 7 in my bedroom, natural morning light, no pro calibrated whatsoever.

qq, your board look so nice.
Thank you for the reaffirmation, I already joined for the Bok-CP Copper. Can't wait to get my hands on them.

Offline RustyPanda

« Reply #129 on: Wed, 27 April 2022, 11:02:54 »
This might be a complete long shot, but if anyone happens to have made/recreated a plate file for the BOK.CP would love to get ahold of it. Afaik the board has no public plate files, but figured it was worth asking here before paying someone to laser scan it. TIA!

Offline solomonshv

« Reply #130 on: Thu, 26 May 2022, 15:09:02 »
This might be a complete long shot, but if anyone happens to have made/recreated a plate file for the BOK.CP would love to get ahold of it. Afaik the board has no public plate files, but figured it was worth asking here before paying someone to laser scan it. TIA!

i'm making a plate file since i couldn't find one. i'll share the CAD files once it's finished and i cut a few to try them out
« Last Edit: Tue, 31 May 2022, 18:49:23 by solomonshv »
Keebs::: Bok.CP - Antique Copper | Keycult No.2/65 Black/Brass | Keycult No.2 Rev 1 Grey/Brass | Jane V2 CE - Black/Multicolor | J-01 Rev1 - Blue | Haus - Silver | Kohaku - Red | OwLab Jelly Epoch - Ruby SE & Popcorn | KBD8X MKII WKL - Black PC | Ayleen WKL - Gin
Caps::: GMK Modo, GMK Jamon, GMK Olive, GMK Mizu, GMK Olivia++, GMK Bingsu, GMK Analog Dreams, GMK Botanical, GMK Moondust, GMK Taro R2, GMK Hennessey, GMK Serika R2, GMK Birch, GMK Tuzi, GMK Red Alert, GMK Zooted, GMK Hazakura, GMK Cyrillic Beige, GMK Lavender, GMK Daifuku, GMK November Fog, GMK Villanelle, GMK Blossom, DCS 9009 WYSE Alps

On order: GMK Tiramisu, GMK Maroon, GMK Bordeaux, GMK Taiga

Offline RustyPanda

« Reply #131 on: Mon, 30 May 2022, 11:34:54 »

i'm making a plate file since i couldn't find one. i'll share the CAD files once it's finished and i cut a few to try them out

Show Image

Ah this is great! Definitely keep me updated on the progress and thank you for taking the time to make one from scratch!

Offline solomonshv

« Reply #132 on: Tue, 31 May 2022, 18:39:17 »
Ah this is great! Definitely keep me updated on the progress and thank you for taking the time to make one from scratch!

i think it looks good. i'm going to plot this, and see how it fits. if the print looks good, i'll get a few carbon fiber plates made.

Keebs::: Bok.CP - Antique Copper | Keycult No.2/65 Black/Brass | Keycult No.2 Rev 1 Grey/Brass | Jane V2 CE - Black/Multicolor | J-01 Rev1 - Blue | Haus - Silver | Kohaku - Red | OwLab Jelly Epoch - Ruby SE & Popcorn | KBD8X MKII WKL - Black PC | Ayleen WKL - Gin
Caps::: GMK Modo, GMK Jamon, GMK Olive, GMK Mizu, GMK Olivia++, GMK Bingsu, GMK Analog Dreams, GMK Botanical, GMK Moondust, GMK Taro R2, GMK Hennessey, GMK Serika R2, GMK Birch, GMK Tuzi, GMK Red Alert, GMK Zooted, GMK Hazakura, GMK Cyrillic Beige, GMK Lavender, GMK Daifuku, GMK November Fog, GMK Villanelle, GMK Blossom, DCS 9009 WYSE Alps

On order: GMK Tiramisu, GMK Maroon, GMK Bordeaux, GMK Taiga