Author Topic: [GB] Canoe by Percent Studios - R1 + R2 Fin.  (Read 283998 times)

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
Re: [GB] Canoe by Percent Studios
« Reply #200 on: Fri, 19 January 2018, 01:22:14 »
Show Image

Dang, those colors are sick. I wish a black + color option had been offered for us. But I’m still stoked to get mine either way :P

Offline lvince95

« Reply #201 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 13:19:16 »
Hey guys,

I'm looking to let go of my spot. I ordered the silver top + gray bottom + cyan plate combo. I would like the payment to go through the GB runner, but I haven't heard back from him yet.

If anyone is interested in taking over my spot, do let me know.

Thanks!

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #202 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 14:34:33 »
I think beamingrobot mentioned earlier to wait until close to shipping to transfer spots.

I showed interest in an earlier post for a MAO white and that is what I was told.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline lvince95

« Reply #203 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 14:36:05 »
I think beamingrobot mentioned earlier to wait until close to shipping to transfer spots.

I showed interest in an earlier post for a MAO white and that is what I was told.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Oh, seems like I missed that. Thanks

Offline yuppie

« Reply #204 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 16:06:47 »
How far are we from shipping? Can we get a countdown timer or something?
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #205 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 16:15:01 »

Soon™

Offline Harms

« Reply #206 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 19:06:57 »

Soon
Lol the best.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #207 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 05:23:23 »
Anyone interested in a white canoe? I'm willing to re-raffle mine back into the pool.

Offline MxBlue

• * Maker
  • buy my keyboard
« Reply #208 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 05:25:59 »
Anyone interested in a white canoe? I'm willing to re-raffle mine back into the pool.

robot doesn't want to bother re-raffling, just find someone and wait until shipping to transfer the invoice.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #209 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 11:05:26 »

robot doesn't want to bother re-raffling, just find someone and wait until shipping to transfer the invoice.

or just sell it after you receive it
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #210 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 15:55:38 »
yeah can do, not a problem, just seeing if there was interested already so the little guy can avoid shipping twice.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #211 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 16:38:03 »
Is it wrong that I kinda wanna try and buy his slot even though I already have the silver/teal one coming? I'm glad there are so many things I want to buy right now so I can talk myself out of it :P

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #212 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 17:58:37 »
Is it wrong that I kinda wanna try and buy his slot even though I already have the silver/teal one coming? I'm glad there are so many things I want to buy right now so I can talk myself out of it :P

live ur life
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #213 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 18:09:10 »
If you have the money, then go for it. I much prefer hhkb layout over 65 (just built at smk65 recently), and the rama one resonates with me. So i'm gonna sell this one, and buy rama's m60 instead. Joining the hype train was fun while it lasted!

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #214 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 18:11:12 »

Hey now, I want a MAO white one.   :p

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #215 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 18:40:59 »
Did someone say a MAO white is available?

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #216 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 19:15:19 »
Sorry all, CrimsonPelicon has taken u/brimstoner's white canoe. Thanks for all the interest. Beamingrobot, I will message you about it - and work out the shipping stuff when it comes. Don't need to change any payment details.

Cheers all!

Offline CrimsonPelicon

« Reply #217 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 19:21:09 »
Sorry all, CrimsonPelicon has taken u/brimstoner's white canoe. Thanks for all the interest. Beamingrobot, I will message you about it - and work out the shipping stuff when it comes. Don't need to change any payment details.

Cheers all!

Thanks aeryxz! Sorry to the rest that wanted it. Feeling fortunate that I got it though :)

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #218 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 20:13:33 »
With regards to the MAO white spot: appreciate you guys settling it on your own. I'm gonna write a bit on why I'm hesitant to transfer spots at this point, will be replying to the email sent.

On PayPal and GBs:

I'm sure by now many of you have heard of PP horror stories and how GB runners should have notified them ahead of time. Let me just say that in my and other GB runner experiences, notifying PP ahead of time, including all info and even using a business account does not guarantee any recourse once the money comes in. Prior to this GB we have been in constant contact with PP through emails and phone calls, given that their SEA headquarters are situated here in Singapore. Despite assurances from them that once a large amount of $ comes in it'll be fine, the amount slated for Canoe was immediately frozen due to a few factors PP highlighted:

1. Product was not immediately fulfilled (Which we informed them prior to the buy that this would happen)
2. Refunds (PayPal viewed cancellation and reinvoices due to a few transfers etc as refunds by unhappy customers, which to PP signalled that we were having trouble fulfilling items)

Since the entirety , or close to the entirety of the Canoe funds were frozen, we decided to go ahead with the best solution at that time. I paid for the entire production out of my Christmas money savings, and at this stage I'm quite happy to say that we're still fine in terms of finances and that the buy was fully funded. I do not have any idea when PP will decide to unfreeze the amount, and thankfully since I'm a nerd who stays at home most of the time my savings have not been drained at this point. Unless I find an OTD Koala I guess.

So, why not refund and reinvoice? Any refund will flag us to PP, further extending the freeze period. I confirmed this with the rep over the phone and while she was sympathetic this is how PP works. I've sold quite a few of my personal boards over the past few months in order to further accumulate buffer in case any unfortunate things happen, which so far is fine  :thumb:

So the moral of the story is this. PayPal is erratic and highly volatile from my perspective. For future buys I will consider Shopify payments (CC/DC) and bank transfers heavily over PP, since Shopify still provides customer protection for goods purchased, and deposits $ regularly without freezing huge sums for no reason.

This is why I'm only processing transfers much later, I hope this helps to explain the logic behind my actions.

Regarding production: Percent is finishing up Skog and then he will return to Canoe. Some units are close to done, and not to worry since kingnestea and I are in close contact with him.

TL:DR: PayPal sucks, get a debit card.
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 January 2018, 20:15:47 by beamingrobot »
http://monokei.co

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline Harms

« Reply #219 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 22:05:54 »
With regards to the MAO white spot: appreciate you guys settling it on your own. I'm gonna write a bit on why I'm hesitant to transfer spots at this point, will be replying to the email sent.

On PayPal and GBs:

I'm sure by now many of you have heard of PP horror stories and how GB runners should have notified them ahead of time. Let me just say that in my and other GB runner experiences, notifying PP ahead of time, including all info and even using a business account does not guarantee any recourse once the money comes in. Prior to this GB we have been in constant contact with PP through emails and phone calls, given that their SEA headquarters are situated here in Singapore. Despite assurances from them that once a large amount of $ comes in it'll be fine, the amount slated for Canoe was immediately frozen due to a few factors PP highlighted:

1. Product was not immediately fulfilled (Which we informed them prior to the buy that this would happen)
2. Refunds (PayPal viewed cancellation and reinvoices due to a few transfers etc as refunds by unhappy customers, which to PP signalled that we were having trouble fulfilling items)

Since the entirety , or close to the entirety of the Canoe funds were frozen, we decided to go ahead with the best solution at that time. I paid for the entire production out of my Christmas money savings, and at this stage I'm quite happy to say that we're still fine in terms of finances and that the buy was fully funded. I do not have any idea when PP will decide to unfreeze the amount, and thankfully since I'm a nerd who stays at home most of the time my savings have not been drained at this point. Unless I find an OTD Koala I guess.

So, why not refund and reinvoice? Any refund will flag us to PP, further extending the freeze period. I confirmed this with the rep over the phone and while she was sympathetic this is how PP works. I've sold quite a few of my personal boards over the past few months in order to further accumulate buffer in case any unfortunate things happen, which so far is fine  :thumb:

So the moral of the story is this. PayPal is erratic and highly volatile from my perspective. For future buys I will consider Shopify payments (CC/DC) and bank transfers heavily over PP, since Shopify still provides customer protection for goods purchased, and deposits $ regularly without freezing huge sums for no reason.

This is why I'm only processing transfers much later, I hope this helps to explain the logic behind my actions.

Regarding production: Percent is finishing up Skog and then he will return to Canoe. Some units are close to done, and not to worry since kingnestea and I are in close contact with him.

'

Wow really nice of you to pay for production out of your own pocket!

Thanks a lot it is much appreciated. :)

Offline giangpn

« Reply #220 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 16:28:08 »
Sorry to bring the doom & gloom but my Canoe stopped working today. I didn't have a problem with it until today when it suddenly locked up and kept repeating the last key pressed.

Now, it doesn't light up, no keys work and when plugging into windows I get "The USB device malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it".

I'm asking some people for help but nothing I've tried is working. I'm searching google for some help but, it seems like the board is not getting power or the device drivers just got wiped clean somehow. I've tried plugging it into a mac, PC and various different USB cables.

For reference, my FC660C plugged into the same USB cable and port works perfectly fine.

I'm highly disappointed that this is an issue with such a "high end custom" keyboard.

have you ever fixed this or find out what happened?
I see dead people.

Offline MxBlue

• * Maker
  • buy my keyboard
« Reply #221 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 18:58:09 »

On PayPal and GBs:

You don't know how worried I am about my own GB running into the same issue haha. Really appreciate what you've done though, looking forward to shipment!

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #222 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 23:29:29 »

You don't know how worried I am about my own GB running into the same issue haha. Really appreciate what you've done though, looking forward to shipment!

Good luck! Try to contact PayPal way ahead of time and remember to have some cash on hand that's not tied in a PP account.

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline yuppie

« Reply #223 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 12:37:08 »
Sorry to bring the doom & gloom but my Canoe stopped working today. I didn't have a problem with it until today when it suddenly locked up and kept repeating the last key pressed.

Now, it doesn't light up, no keys work and when plugging into windows I get "The USB device malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it".

I'm asking some people for help but nothing I've tried is working. I'm searching google for some help but, it seems like the board is not getting power or the device drivers just got wiped clean somehow. I've tried plugging it into a mac, PC and various different USB cables.

For reference, my FC660C plugged into the same USB cable and port works perfectly fine.

I'm highly disappointed that this is an issue with such a "high end custom" keyboard.

have you ever fixed this or find out what happened?

No idea what happened. I just ended up buying another PCB from the guy I originally bought the board from.
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline koduh

« Reply #224 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 11:59:23 »
> Regarding production: Percent is finishing up Skog and then he will return to Canoe. Some units are close to done, and not to worry since kingnestea and I are in close contact with him.

Thanks for the update on this. Impatiently waiting. ;)

Offline crcstig

« Reply #225 on: Sun, 11 February 2018, 12:19:05 »
Gah!, I seriously can't wait. Im getting ready to order a cable for this, would it be safe to assume that this round is also Mini-USB? Thanks for everything!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Offline ShadeDream

« Reply #226 on: Tue, 20 February 2018, 08:13:25 »
Just wanted to follow up and see if we had a revised estimate on when these might ship. Seems like the original 3 month lead has passed. I'm guessing the Chinese new year will be pushing these back a bit.

Offline Yeols

« Reply #227 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 22:04:47 »
No more updates for Kanoe? Why is there no news of it.. :blank:

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #228 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 22:05:44 »
No more updates for Kanoe? Why is there no news of it.. :blank:

percent doesn't like to give updates until things are done, so sometimes it can take a while

plus, it's chinese new year

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #229 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 23:50:33 »
what puddsy said basically, CNY is still ongoing till this weekend for most people in China.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #230 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 13:28:01 »
Hi.  Waiting.  Just letting you all know how patient I am.  Cool, right?   :cool:

« Last Edit: Mon, 05 March 2018, 13:29:51 by reececonrad »

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #231 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 13:57:44 »
Hi.  Waiting.  Just letting you all know how patient I am.  Cool, right?   :cool:

Ahahah! same feeling here  :))

Offline koduh

« Reply #232 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 15:07:17 »
Row, row, row your Canoe, gently up the stream.

Offline frostbyte-gaming

« Reply #233 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 15:29:27 »
Row, row, row your Canoe, gently up the stream.

Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, the Canoe is but a dream.

Offline MxBlue

• * Maker
  • buy my keyboard
« Reply #234 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 00:43:02 »
I love it when a GB thread transcends into just memes, alas there is no one to tell us any updates yet so we keep on waiting  :))

Offline koduh

« Reply #235 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 07:55:46 »
I love it when a GB thread transcends into just memes, alas there is no one to tell us any updates yet so we keep on waiting  :))

Frostbyte was saying to me how excited he gets when he sees new comments on this thread hoping for an update. So I had to give him a little jab. :)

Offline MxBlue

• * Maker
  • buy my keyboard
« Reply #236 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 22:35:04 »
I know we haven't gotten any updates on things but I really hope we get better designed PCBs.

I was attempting to fix up a mate's Skog PCBs since long story short, he received one that had a few dead columns and the replacement didn't even get recognised by Windows. Turns out yes, first one had several dead columns and the second one had either a dead MCU or shorts in the power circuit, because a ISP wouldn't talk to it.

Not impressed by that, a keyboard is only a display piece without a working PCB.

Offline Jae-3soteric

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIHiFKJt69HNad6r
    • Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #237 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 01:16:09 »
Imma take a stab and guess August shipping.

2:1 odds on it being before. Any takers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MightyFineShindig

« Reply #238 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 01:46:08 »

Any particular reason why you think August?
Canoe | MxSS | M60-A | Aegis | Unikorn | Constellation

Offline Jae-3soteric

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIHiFKJt69HNad6r
    • Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #239 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 01:46:37 »

Any particular reason why you think August?
Just a complete guess!

Offline TechieWeirdo

« Reply #240 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 23:27:25 »
Any updates? Really been a while.
b o a r d s

Offline Harms

« Reply #241 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 23:29:06 »
For reals :).

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #242 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 01:04:05 »

Is skog even done yet?

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #243 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 01:12:05 »
For all ppl in this GB and wanted an update:

I've been talking to Percent several times a week, keeping track on things and updating Beamingrobot.
It's his decision when he will update the group.
We all know that Percent is slow. We are doing our best.
Please have a little bit more patient, we are almost there.
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 March 2018, 01:14:22 by kingnestea »

Offline Harms

« Reply #244 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 02:31:41 »

I've been talking to Percent several times a week, keeping track on things and updating Beamingrobot.

Thank you kindly.  :)

Offline Harms

« Reply #245 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 02:35:55 »

Is skog even done yet?
I do not believe so. They are near the end, but not totally finished.

And sorry for double post :/.

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #246 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 02:59:34 »

Is skog even done yet?

Ik of like 5 Skogs from the GB being delivered. So i assume its done.

Offline koduh

« Reply #247 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 09:02:49 »

Thanks KingNestea! We appreciate updates even if they are simple like this.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #248 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 21:19:19 »

me and my canoe

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
« Reply #249 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 06:18:37 »
(Attachment Link)

me and my canoe

Love how the red ano looks contrasts against that MAO white finish.  Perfection.