Author Topic: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)  (Read 777740 times)

Offline Cerasis

Re: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #2550 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 21:47:21 »
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills even asking this... but has anyone else with an alu bottom still not received their tracking? To echo bunny's sentiment, I'm fine continuing to be patient, but I'd love a heads up on status of any kind.

Feel like shouting into a black hole at this point.

I heard that remaining orders are going out by end of this week. Your order may have shipped already.

Heard where? lol

Also why are you still here? I thought you already got a refund :^)
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 March 2018, 21:54:18 by Cerasis »
Bantam44 | M0116 | Miuni32 | EXENT | Un-novatouch'd Novatouch to be fixed

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2551 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 22:07:44 »
I heard that remaining orders are going out by end of this week. Your order may have shipped already.

Curious, where did you hear that?

Offline demorior

« Reply #2552 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 22:22:09 »

Curious, where did you hear that?
they're a troll

Offline gutsack

« Reply #2553 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 22:29:07 »

Heard where? lol

Heard from himself when he claimed to receive a PM from someone who hasn't signed into GH or sent PMs in more than a month. Honestly don't know why he continues to come back to the thread to fill it with misleading info.

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #2554 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 22:49:26 »

Heard where? lol

Heard from himself when he claimed to receive a PM from someone who hasn't signed into GH or sent PMs in more than a month. Honestly don't know why he continues to come back to the thread to fill it with misleading info.

Obviously he just cares about the people in the thread. Even though he got his refund already he's giving updates for us from someone who's been MIA in GH for months! Magically got a refund too!

Offline zhihuichan

• Click,click,click
« Reply #2555 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 00:03:16 »
Really really nice job! :( 

Offline Marvellion

« Reply #2556 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 02:12:12 »
Show Image

Show Image

That took me a while to notice, the heck? How did this happen, the CNC machine just stopped working?

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
« Reply #2557 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 02:34:49 »
Oh and by the way, does your caps lock blink at first when you connect the board?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I dunno I don't have a caps lock light?

Okay I made a little progress, if I hold pgn up and backspace when I connect the board windows makes a sound as it's connected (not at the ps2avrGB but still as something) and the board starts blinking like this:
Show Image

https://i.imgur.com/Den3BdY.gifv (gif)

I tried to flash the firmware when it was blinking like that, and it actually does it, and then it restarts the board and I am back where I started. Nothing works and no lights on.

****ing weird. Have you tried holding LCRTL when plugging it in? That's the go into bootmapper button.

Exent Brick Fixed :D

I got it working again!

I'm trying to remember exactly what I did, but I am not 100% sure of the order of things, but it was pretty much something like this:

I held down pageup and backspace, and connected board, it blinks like the gif I posted
The board then registers as HIDboot in windows and I got the "dingy" sound from windows
I opened the latest  bootmapper
In the "Options" tab I first updated the firmware in the Utils section, I used "ps2avrGB_NKRO" from ps2avrGB_firmware_V1.4.0_171019.zip
It starts blinking in a different way, more slow, and the firmware shows as uploading with some numbers in the software
After that it gets a little blurry for me, but I was just trying anything I could in the Utils & Bootloader sections.
I think this was my order: "Set Keyboard", "Set USB", Read speed = Slow, "EEPROM All Clear", "Set Keyboard"
Then I disconnected and connected to an other PC and it popped up as the ps2avrGB and it was working again

I am sorry I don't know the exact detailed order of how to fix this issue, I had no idea what I was doing so that makes it difficult to remember the solution.
I hope this might help anyone who gets in the same situation

Thanks for the help!

« Last Edit: Mon, 12 March 2018, 02:36:39 by GreyAmbience »

Offline gutsack

« Reply #2558 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 03:50:28 »
Show Image

Exent high-quality QA strikes again.

Offline baphotmet

« Reply #2559 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 04:48:24 »
Show Image

Could you put the switch in this hole?

Offline sachin3767

« Reply #2560 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 05:46:12 »
Show Image

Most likely not as the height would be slightly too narrow for the switch. But let's wait for Zuihuichan to confirm. 

Whitefox|Granite    Tex Yoda II     Exent | dev/tty      MX Master       Planck|Big Bang

Offline zhihuichan

• Click,click,click
« Reply #2561 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 05:49:50 »
Show Image

Absolutely can't!

Offline Data

« Reply #2562 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 07:13:13 »
Show Image

Absolutely can't!

Hope you have a good set of metal files!    :-X

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #2563 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 09:42:14 »
Show Image

Show Image

whaaaaat the fuuuuuuck

That's egregious. This whole ****ing group buy is. Everyone attached to this project should be ashamed of themselves.

@GreyAmbience: Congrats on the fix. Like I said, blind luck is usually what prevails. That's what my experience has been.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #2564 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 12:26:05 »
Show Image

Show Image

whaaaaat the fuuuuuuck

That's egregious. This whole ****ing group buy is. Everyone attached to this project should be ashamed of themselves.

@GreyAmbience: Congrats on the fix. Like I said, blind luck is usually what prevails. That's what my experience has been.

Offline Katanadog

« Reply #2565 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 13:26:58 »
At what point do we as a group decide that enough is enough? I have tried to be patient and not jump on the bandwagon, but at this point I feel like waiting has gotten me nowhere. In addition to that the posts with newly defective PCBs and plates makes me think that even if I get my board it will be damaged. Is there anything we can do as a group to respectfully and safely put pressure / remind the runners that they have an obligation to us?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2566 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 13:29:14 »
At what point do we as a group decide that enough is enough? I have tried to be patient and not jump on the bandwagon, but at this point I feel like waiting has gotten me nowhere. In addition to that the posts with newly defective PCBs and plates makes me think that even if I get my board it will be damaged. Is there anything we can do as a group to respectfully and safely put pressure / remind the runners that they have an obligation to us?

If you're outside of your PayPal protection, which you will be since it's only 6 months, no, there is nothing you can do apart from hope. I'm sure it'll finish eventually.

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #2567 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 13:45:09 »
I am confident that leaning back and waiting with patience is the best approach.

It seems like everyone involved are doing the best they can to fix the problems when they arise.
I am sure everyone will get a board they are happy with by the end of all this.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2568 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 13:46:37 »
I am confident that leaning back and waiting with patience is the best approach.

It seems like everyone involved are doing the best they can to fix the problems when they arise.

I agree. But this thread just keeps going in circles of hope and disappointment.

Mods should keep it clear with only troubleshooting/update posts imo.

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #2569 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 13:48:22 »

I agree. But this thread just keeps going in circles of hope and disappointment.

Mods should keep it clear with only troubleshooting/update posts imo.
I absolutely agree

Offline fuzzbomb

« Reply #2570 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 14:16:18 »

No one involved is doing much of anything to fix problems period, let alone when they arise. To say otherwise is simply wishful thinking.

The group buy runners seem to have stopped communicating, with no update by juahenza since January 2nd.

Occasionally an individual participant receives some info which usually doesn't pan out.

*Maybe* all of the participants will get functioning boards, at some unknown point wildly beyond any of the promised timelines, but the conduct of the GB so far makes that wishful thinking at best. 
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 March 2018, 14:18:18 by fuzzbomb »

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #2571 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 14:30:23 »
No one involved is doing much of anything to fix problems period, let alone when they arise. To say otherwise is simply wishful thinking.

The group buy runners seem to have stopped communicating, with no update by juahenza since January 2nd.

Occasionally an individual participant receives some info which usually doesn't pan out.

*Maybe* all of the participants will get functioning boards, at some unknown point wildly beyond any of the promised timelines, but the conduct of the GB so far makes that wishful thinking at best.

We don't know what is being done behind the scenes, to claim anything else is just conjecture and feeds a pool of misinformation about what is going on. Communication has stopped, that's all we know. While that is super ****ty and is only causing problems, people have gotten boards, and emails and PMs and tracking information that doesn't seem to work universally, so things are happening on the GB runners end and even if it is happening painfully slowly things are being addressed. Because things are still moving, and boards are showing up I don't think it's wishful thinking, I really do think that everything will be addressed, I just think it's going to take a lot longer than it ever should have.

Offline fuzzbomb

« Reply #2572 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 14:40:12 »

We don't know what is being done behind the scenes, to claim anything else is just conjecture and feeds a pool of misinformation about what is going on. Communication has stopped, that's all we know. While that is super ****ty and is only causing problems, people have gotten boards, and emails and PMs and tracking information that doesn't seem to work universally, so things are happening on the GB runners end and even if it is happening painfully slowly things are being addressed. Because things are still moving, and boards are showing up I don't think it's wishful thinking, I really do think that everything will be addressed, I just think it's going to take a lot longer than it ever should have.

A few people have gotten boards. Some of them even function properly! The lack of communication and conduct so far means it is completely reasonable to speculate things will continue in the same vein and may not get any better.

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #2573 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 14:51:14 »
A few people have gotten boards. Some of them even function properly! The lack of communication and conduct so far means it is completely reasonable to speculate things will continue in the same vein and may not get any better.

Right, I am just saying that the same vein is that boards are shipping out despite no communication. It's ****ty, but it's something.

Offline Helldrop

« Reply #2574 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 15:01:44 »
Whenever I visit this thread, I feel as if I were on a sinking ship without the captain.
Wish this ship named EXENT could find hope, not hell.

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #2575 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 15:42:02 »
gb runner starts name with J.... goes dark, people get busted boards.... reminds me of other runner with letter J

/end tp4

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #2576 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 17:43:00 »
gb runner starts name with J.... goes dark, people get busted boards.... reminds me of other runner with letter J

/end tp4

And they're located in SEA. The plot thickens...

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #2577 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 17:58:11 »

/end tp4

I dont get it. Who is the other J guy?

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #2578 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 18:56:13 »

/end tp4

I dont get it. Who is the other J guy?

I assumed Jhoang, who was the E8-V1 buy runner.

Offline stand.geek

« Reply #2579 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 06:47:19 »
Here's my exent build

https://imgur.com/a/k6bfj

At first I thought I got a faulty PCB, because row 14 and 15 is not responsive at all, then I desolder all the switch in row 14 and 15, and resolder it again carefully. Now my EXENT works normal.   :p
Maybe for you that got a 'faulty' PCB can try to desolder all the switch in the faulty row and resolder again with a little amount of solder.
Hope this help  :D

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #2580 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 07:32:47 »
OCO promised to have the Premium Kits dropped off by today. Will update you guys on how it goes.
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #2581 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 07:36:25 »
Here's my exent build

https://imgur.com/a/k6bfj

At first I thought I got a faulty PCB, because row 14 and 15 is not responsive at all, then I desolder all the switch in row 14 and 15, and resolder it again carefully. Now my EXENT works normal.   :p
Maybe for you that got a 'faulty' PCB can try to desolder all the switch in the faulty row and resolder again with a little amount of solder.
Hope this help  :D
Thank you, Sebastian.

All PCB were checked before shipping out. Technically, you may have issue with solder overflow, burnt track... Just send me a PM if you are having issues with your PCB.
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 March 2018, 07:38:53 by yuktsi »

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #2582 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 07:44:10 »
OCO promised to have the Premium Kits dropped off by today. Will update you guys on how it goes.

It's good to see a response in this thread finally. Can we get an update on replacement bottoms and stabilizers?

Offline Marvellion

« Reply #2583 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 08:02:04 »
Hi Yuktsi, have Aluminum bottoms been collected yet? Majority of us cannot see any movement on our tracking, do we need to check somewhere different than on 17Track?

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #2584 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 08:04:08 »
Hi Yuktsi, have Aluminum bottoms been collected yet? Majority of us cannot see any movement on our tracking, do we need to check somewhere different than on 17Track?
Yeah, they have been collected. I am aware that some of the trackings are not moving, along with my some other shipments. I've contacted them and hope that things get sorted soon.

My collection

More

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #2585 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 08:08:35 »

It's good to see a response in this thread finally. Can we get an update on replacement bottoms and stabilizers?
I will refund you for the stabilizers since they are still not with us yet. We have no update on the replacement bottoms yet, and it might take awhile. The plan right now is to have the remaining units shipped out as soon as possible.

My collection

More

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #2586 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 08:09:35 »
Show Image

Show Image

Yeah, the anodizing on your full silver unit is really nice. I've not said this enough, it's probably the best I've seen.

Do send me a PM regarding the plate, we will have something worked out.

My collection

More

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #2587 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 09:30:30 »

Thanks for taking the time to give us some updates here, I know you are otherwise busy with your own buy that you're working on fully shipping out etc so I appreciate the effort.

Slightly disconcerting that Sherry has had the sets forever now and that they were meant to ship "next week" like 2 months ago but I'm glad they're going to be moving along at least.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2588 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 10:45:05 »
Thanks for the updates yuksi and taking the time to stop by

Much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #2589 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 10:59:44 »
Thank you for taking the time to drop by in the thread to provide some updates!  :)

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2590 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 12:16:37 »

Thanks for dropping by and updating us! It means a lot.

Offline gutsack

« Reply #2591 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 12:20:35 »

Can you just clarify: You're talking about the GMK caps being dropped off to you, or do you mean Originative has the Exent Premium orders and they need to drop in the caps and actually handle shipping out whole kits to customers?

Offline RocketGruntJake

• Brb, gotta grow some flowers
« Reply #2592 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 12:46:52 »
Yeah, they have been collected. I am aware that some of the trackings are not moving, along with my some other shipments. I've contacted them and hope that things get sorted soon.

Please update us on this when you hear back, Mine shipped late February and still no movement. I know some people who have that tracking are moving soon and knowing when the package will arrive is very important.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #2593 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 13:28:36 »

I will refund you for the stabilizers since they are still not with us yet. We have no update on the replacement bottoms yet, and it might take awhile. The plan right now is to have the remaining units shipped out as soon as possible.

Hi Yuktsi!

Thanks for dropping in!  I ordered stabilizers with my order and an aluminum bottom.  I got a tracking number, does that mean I won't be receiving stabilizers with my order?

Thanks!

Offline ctzn_voyager

« Reply #2594 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 19:48:29 »

Should we be concerned if we've not yet received tracking information for our alu bottom orders?

Offline energyd

« Reply #2595 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 21:28:20 »
Got mine with alu bottom. The first thing I did was plug it in and see if the pcb works. But nothing happens - didn't hear the sound of a usb device being plugged in. No anything. Of course bootmapper says no deveice found. What am I doing wrong here? Tried to short the PCB with tweezers but nothing seems to happen either. Can anyone let me know how to properly short the Left Ctrl key? Now it just looks like no power is supplied to the pcb at all....
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 March 2018, 23:34:42 by energyd »

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #2596 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 01:20:43 »
Got mine with alu bottom. The first thing I did was plug it in and see if the pcb works. But nothing happens - didn't hear the sound of a usb device being plugged in. No anything. Of course bootmapper says no deveice found. What am I doing wrong here? Tried to short the PCB with tweezers but nothing seems to happen either. Can anyone let me know how to properly short the Left Ctrl key? Now it just looks like no power is supplied to the pcb at all....

Nice to hear someone that received an alu bottom exent! My tracking is stuck since the 10 on « on route to FRANCE ».. and no other update, did you had the same issue with the tracking?

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #2597 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 03:55:15 »
As long as it doesn't show "device not recognized", I am relieved. Send me a PM. I will guide you through.

My collection

More

Offline energyd

« Reply #2598 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 08:05:12 »

Nice to hear someone that received an alu bottom exent! My tracking is stuck since the 10 on « on route to FRANCE ».. and no other update, did you had the same issue with the tracking?

Mine was using SF Express. Tracking stays in HongKong for couple of days but once it gets out of HongKong it moves fast

Offline Dylan

« Reply #2599 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 08:55:25 »
Is it normal to have a premium kit without any tracking number or anything? Any other premium kits in the US not have any?