geekhack Projects > Making Stuff Together!

Razer Blackwidow Chroma v2 Disassembly and USB-C Mod

<< < (2/2)

Semaze:
Hey there,
Just thought I'd say, after upgrading to a Huntsman V2 TKL, and loving the USB C port, I had a similar idea about doing this with my Blackwidow V2.
Many thanks for all the documentation, it'll be super handy.
I'm going to give this a go too, but I wanna use a USB hub internally, with a USB sound card so the passthrough and aux jack can still work.
Hopefully you like the sounds of this, and give it a go too. 👍

Semaze:
Just a quick addition, I haven't checked yet, but believe the aux it'll likely use the CTIA model. So outputs should be:
1. Left
2. Right
3. Ground
4. Mic

Semaze:

--- Quote from: Semaze on Fri, 31 December 2021, 13:51:36 ---Hey there,
Just thought I'd say, after upgrading to a Huntsman V2 TKL, and loving the USB C port, I had a similar idea about doing this with my Blackwidow V2.
I'm going to give this a go too, but I wanna use a USB hub internally, with a USB sound card so the passthrough and aux jack can still work.

--- End quote ---

Just a quick update to say it all worked. Just used an off the shelf unpowered usb hub, and a Sabrent USB soundcard. I was going to add mic, but ended up ruining the mic port's pads on the adaptor, so just used audio instead. Also I reused the original cable, and a spare shielded USB C cable, and tied all the grounds together. If you wanna do the same thing as me, I'd suggest getting a USB Soundcard that is made for aux headsets rather than audio and mic being separate like mine.

Vengeful_Ghost:

--- Quote from: Semaze on Fri, 07 January 2022, 17:30:37 ---
--- Quote from: Semaze on Fri, 31 December 2021, 13:51:36 ---Hey there,

--- End quote ---

Just a quick update to say it all worked. Just used an off the shelf unpowered usb hub, and a Sabrent USB soundcard. I was going to add mic, but ended up ruining the mic port's pads on the adaptor, so just used audio instead. Also I reused the original cable, and a spare shielded USB C cable, and tied all the grounds together. If you wanna do the same thing as me, I'd suggest getting a USB Soundcard that is made for aux headsets rather than audio and mic being separate like mine.

--- End quote ---

Hello..

Can you please explain how did you tie up all grounds from the USB hub & sound card and later solder it to usb-c female port shell? I'm planning to do the project, but can't understand what to do with grounds

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version