Author Topic: Weird split keyboard halves not working together issues  (Read 1660 times)

Offline Thomas73951

Weird split keyboard halves not working together issues
« on: Mon, 31 January 2022, 09:24:51 »
So I built my helix pcb and DIY case over a month ago and was working mostly fine. Had a few issues with one badly soldered key (spacebar annoyingly) and one badly soldered column but that's fixed now.
I have the left as a master and the right as the slave. The left is a usb c pro micro and the right is a micro b one. And it's connected via a TRS cable using serial.

A few days ago I turned my computer on and it didn't work. I then tried a few things, but what worked was resetting the slave half, immediately unplugging the master (and therefore also the slave) and then plugging back in.

When it doesn't work, you plug in and hear no windows connect sound but the OLED's still come on and show the master screen on the connected side and the slave screen on the other. Also, pressing layer keys shows up on the screen but doesn't show or respond to caps, num lock or scroll lock.

This happens several times when connecting the keyboard to my computer and laptop, but today doing that didn't fix anything.
So tried both halves individually, all good.
Then tried making the right as the master, all good.
Very strange.
Tried the original again, doesn't work.

Re-programmed both halves, same issue.
(So for now, I've added a swap hands toggle key so I can use it with the right as the master when its set up for left master.)

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thomas  :)