geekhack Community > Off Topic

Antivax ?

<< < (2/147) > >>

cest73:
Sadly it's not a vaccine it's a gene therapy

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: cest73 on Wed, 21 July 2021, 17:38:27 ---Sadly it's not a vaccine it's a gene therapy

--- End quote ---

Gene therapy is not a protected term, so it can refer to alot of things/ medical procedures.

What is the beef with gene therapy, is it not still good ? it's got therapy in the name does it not ?

Your DNA changes all the time as it responds to environmental stimuli even if nothing was injected. Just from the food a person eats, it changes gene expression.

pixelpusher:

--- Quote from: cest73 on Wed, 21 July 2021, 17:38:27 ---Sadly it's not a vaccine it's a gene therapy

--- End quote ---

Ha. Do enlighten why that's a sad thing.  Sadly, i got a bag full of gold instead of a bag full of peanuts?  Is it like that?

cest73:

--- Quote from: pixelpusher on Wed, 21 July 2021, 18:59:44 ---

--- End quote ---

Ha. Do enlighten why that's a sad thing.  Sadly, i got a bag full of gold instead of a bag full of peanuts?  Is it like that?

--- End quote ---

It is not a bag of something, it is more like you paid for a bus ride ("get vaccine") but you took part in a massive car accident ("gene therapy")

--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Wed, 21 July 2021, 17:46:36 ---

--- End quote ---

Gene therapy is not a protected term, so it can refer to alot of things/ medical procedures.

What is the beef with gene therapy, is it not still good ? it's got therapy in the name does it not ?

Your DNA changes all the time as it responds to environmental stimuli even if nothing was injected. Just from the food a person eats, it changes gene expression.

--- End quote ---
If my DNA (or RNA for that matter) changes by food and environment already, it does so by inputs that are consistent with at least several generations now even be it across the globe - food is surprisingly uniform chemistry and DNA - or you are on the quick way to ER or cemetery, depending on the particular case.

With synthesized industrial whatever - well, what can i say, it's not something your gran'pa ate and lived to procreate your father, we are yet to see how this all pans out in the long term, once smoking too was prescribed to pregnant woman by the very doctors of that time and DDT was advertised as safe as taking a shower, along asbestos, lead and FCKW (OG spray propellant gas)...

All i say is something is not good just because it is shiny and new, it has to be proven by time too.

tp4tissue:
Of the 8,787 people who have died in Texas due to COVID-19 since early February

99.5% of people who died due to COVID-19 in Texas from Feb. 8 to July 14 were unvaccinated, while 0.5% were the result of “breakthrough infections,” which DSHS defines as people who contracted the virus two weeks after being fully vaccinated.

Thanks Gene Therapy. Some prefer death, owning the libs

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version