Author Topic: [IC] the Birdcage, an artisan keycap by Kinyao  (Read 1257 times)

Offline Kinyao

• Growth through Design
    • Kinyao Facebook Group
[IC] the Birdcage, an artisan keycap by Kinyao
« on: Sat, 03 February 2024, 23:15:25 »
Greetings everyone, this is the Birdcage. Kinyao's first design of an artisan keycap. Join me in bringing this idea of mine into the reality space.

This is Kinyao’s first exploration into making an Artisan Keycap for the custom keyboard space. 2 years ago, I was constantly spending time looking into design inspiration for the Birdcage this led me to seek ideas from one of my biggest passion in life, cars. The curvatures found on the Birdcage is a simplication of race cars from the 1960S era. An era where open cockpit vehicles were common in races as well as the open roads. The mixing of the open cage and curvatures found on those vehicles ultimately makes up the Birdcage with its name given as a way to honor one of my favourite race cars, the Maserati Tipo 61. However I wanted to make sure that the design appeals to a wider audience, whether you are into historical cars or not - the Birdcage was made in an abstract approach relying more on surface definitions and form substraction that can be found on all corners of the Birdcage.

At the moment, Kinyao is a one man team that is aiming to proceed into bigger projects in the future. I love designing creations that hopefully will put a smile of those who collects it. This Interest Check will help dictate the direction I need to progress in. There is also a tray that would follow the release of the Birdcage which also features the same design narrative that would tie in together beautifully in the future.

I’m looking forward to see the Birdcage entering the Group Buy stage. Purchases will be made via a PayPal account and shipping will be done via DHL which allows for international shipping out of Malaysia. A purchasing guide will be shared within Kinyao’s Discord server as well as Kinyao’s Facebook group. This has been planned out to manage collectors expectations during the purchasing process. I thank you for your support and hope to see your submission and help Kinyao grow.
[/size]

Link to IC form below:
[/size]

Kinyao's Discord Server:
[/size]

305963-0

305965-1

305967-2

305969-3

305971-4

305973-5

305975-6