geekhack Community > Keyboard Keycaps

PBT side print keycaps

(1/1)

bloodygood:
Is there anyone else out there waiting for a customizable set of PBT keycaps like the service WASD offers with ABS?
I have a nice layout in mind but I am not willing to buy a set of 87 one color and 37 another for PBT keycaps just to get the design I want since that would be close to $65. I am curious just how many are interested, perhaps we could work on finding a reasonable price manufacturer for them if there are enough interested to help WASD.
Note: the 37 keys swapped into another 87 PBT set is not my first choice, but it does look nice. I do have the feeling that it could be done cheaper than $65, but I do not know how much cheaper. From taobao it seems the price is about $15 for 37 keys and $50 for 87 keys from KBC through sellers (I do not know if that comes as 87 other than black or white).

oneproduct:
I would love to have customizable PBT caps because I use Colemak rather than Qwerty, so at the moment the only option for me is to buy blank PBT keycaps, but I like having the print on them for number row usage, for when I want to type a few words using one hand (while the others is used for eating at the computer lol) and just aesthetically I think printed keys look nicer than blank ones. Not sure how useful I'd be at finding a manufacturer though I guess I could poke around on the Internet randomly, don't really know where to start.

bloodygood:
The idea behind the thread is getting interest out there. Perhaps some someone knows manufacturers who have contacts, perhaps someone works with plastics often and has suppliers who might be able to give contact info. Trying to find the information requires networking, perhaps post on reddit/facebook/etc to see if anyone knows a plastics manufacturer or someone who might know one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version