Author Topic: Model M / F texture  (Read 1234 times)

Offline mrmola

Model M / F texture
« on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 16:08:56 »
Can someone who has two model ms or two model fs that have a similar date of manufacture check if their textures are the same?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Model M / F texture
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 17:14:37 »
My collection is not readily available, but I know for a fact that there are multiple textures in the wild.

Model M cases are PVC, single color throughout, with built-in texture, while F cases have a glossy white inner "core" with a textured off-white coating layer (that can wear or chip off). The Model F XT has a deeper and more pronounced grain than other F variants which are smoother and less pebbled.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Maledicted

Re: Model M / F texture
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 12:28:49 »
Can someone who has two model ms or two model fs that have a similar date of manufacture check if their textures are the same?

Which models and years do you want to compare in particular? I don't know that finish changed much within a given submodel. I do have at least one or two Model Ms that could have possibly been made concurrently with Model F AT production, the finishes are quite different from that of an F, as fohat explained.